Does Flippa Still Work?

21 replies
I have listed a site which makes $350 per month on flippa. It is about 36 hours now and I have only had 213 views, 5 bids ( all from new and suspicious accounts ), 22 watchers. Highest bid is $150.

Is this normal?
#flippa #work
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Is this a replay?


    https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...m-worried.html


    Is this the first site you've sold since then?
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

    Riding isn't a sport? It shouldn't be in the Olympics?
    Sweetie, we control a 1200 lb animal using our thighs and 4 fingers.
    Please sit down.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hbeezy
    Dang that's trash. You were supposed to get 16k for that other site. Sucks but it is what it is

    This one based on just earnings, you could make about 3500+ minimum in theory. I'm still sticking to those old rules as before (10x) although today, the resell value for websites is about 30x the earnings.

    Crazy how time changes.

    I think it's beneficial to know how long you have left in the auction since we cannot see ourselves.

    They're playing around offering you $150.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673434].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by hbeezy View Post

      Dang that's trash. You were supposed to get 16k for that other site. Sucks but it is what it is

      This one based on just earnings, you could make about 3500+ minimum in theory. I'm still sticking to those old rules as before (10x) although today, the resell value for websites is about 30x the earnings.

      Crazy how time changes.

      I think it's beneficial to know how long you have left in the auction since we cannot see ourselves.

      They're playing around offering you $150.
      I have 11 bids now. Highest being $1000. I won't be selling it for $3500. Minimum is $5000. The site is ranking for over 4k keywords most of which are in the second page. With a bit of work many keywords will get to page one and boost the earning of the site significantly.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author services97
    Can you share your website here
    Signature

    Rashid
    Services97

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    Originally Posted by dagmargessert View Post

    I have listed a site which makes $350 per month on flippa. It is about 36 hours now and I have only had 213 views, 5 bids ( all from new and suspicious accounts ), 22 watchers. Highest bid is $150.

    Is this normal?
    I mean 5 bids in 36hrs is a good number.
    Why that should be bad?
    Signature
    ★★★★★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by luciesmazanska View Post

      I mean 5 bids in 36hrs is a good number.
      Why that should be bad?
      Maybe my inexperience makes me think so. I have 14 bids from 11 users and 50 watchers from 491 views. Is that a good thing with 2 days 9 hours to go?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673569].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yommys01
        Originally Posted by dagmargessert View Post

        Maybe my inexperience makes me think so. I have 14 bids from 11 users and 50 watchers from 491 views. Is that a good thing with 2 days 9 hours to go?
        I don't think Flippa is what it used to be but these are impressive stats.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author White Pearl
    On flippa here are some rules to follow:
    1- Make a descriptive sales pitch , present well
    2- Attach all proofs , videos are better
    3- Offer support for 10-15 days for new buyer to help him run the site
    4- Try to find some one trustable in your circle who can sell the site on his established Flippa account. that way you can get much better ROI
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brackwom
    It's normal, 5 bids is high in 36 hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by Brackwom View Post

      It's normal, 5 bids is high in 36 hours.

      The auction has 10 hours to go and has 731 views, 58 watchers and 19 bids from 14 people. The highest bid is $3000 doesn't look like I will get what I wanted for it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I won't be selling it for $3500. Minimum is $5000
    What is your 'minimum' based on? You have not said how old the site is - or for how long it earned $350/month.

    In the end, the worth of the site at any time will be what someone is willing to pay for it.
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673687].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      What is your 'minimum' based on? You have not said how old the site is - or for how long it earned $350/month.

      In the end, the worth of the site at any time will be what someone is willing to pay for it.
      My reserve price has now been met I guess I was worried for nothing. I even got offers of $4000 and $3000 to build sites from scratch for two people using flippa milestone escrow.


      I feel very blessed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AKM Borhanich
    So it does works. right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by AKM Borhanich View Post

      So it does works. right?
      Looks like it so far. Hoping for more bids with over 5 hours left.

      I have read some people always wait till the last 2 hours before putting in bids.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673702].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagmargessert
      Originally Posted by AKM Borhanich View Post

      So it does works. right?
      I ended up selling the site for the BIN price of $7500.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673743].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Er, folks...

        Originally Posted by dagmargessert View Post

        I ended up selling the site for the BIN price of $7500.
        Looks like that particular rotund lady's sung.
        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gogogoing
    Unless you really have a good domain, it is not worth to spend $9.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author philipp lahm
    It's normal . Many keywords will get to page one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Love to scan Flippa Just Sold from time to time. Seems to be alot of Super Seller sales and Drop shipping sites. If I see a single winning bid likely a self sell.

    I would seek out a super seller if possible and def escrow no matter what.

    Normal for the most activity to happen at the end so be around at that time no matter the time zone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11673763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MValmont
    Be really careful on Flippa.

    I prefer to sell on empireflippers, domain magnate etc. Less waste of time, more secure, more quality buyers etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11674109].message }}

Trending Topics