Affiliate - Show me the course! (NOT MMO niche)

24 replies
Hello all,

I'm looking to learn from someone that ACTUALLY makes/made a business out of affiliate marketing in niches OTHER than the make-money-niche.

IE. Picking a product, then going from there.

(I realize there is thousands of videos for free, but they LITERALLY are all from people that started by just selling shovels to the gold miners and are making money from recycled information that sends their viewers to their affiliate links (Builderall, Hosting, etc.).

Any authentic marketers out there that has some good info from diverse product niche experience?

Thanks
#affiliate #mmo #niche #show
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Do a 'search' on this forum for 'Sojourn'. That is Erica Stone - I think her offers on this forum were closed by admin because they were more than a year old. She walks the walk and knows what she is doing - better, she explains it so YOU can understand what to do. Get on her mailing list and see what you think. She has a couple of new programs that are very easy to follow.

    She is one of the best affiliate trainers I've found for someone who wants a 'nuts and bolts' workable plan/coaching.

    A good info thread here is https://www.warriorforum.com/beginne...rs-2020-a.html

    It is not an interactive thread as sadly the author died a few months ago....but helpful into in the thread.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world -
    but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11677879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
    Originally Posted by MoverGuy42 View Post

    Hello all,

    I'm looking to learn from someone that ACTUALLY makes/made a business out of affiliate marketing in niches OTHER than the make-money-niche.

    IE. Picking a product, then going from there.

    (I realize there is thousands of videos for free, but they LITERALLY are all from people that started by just selling shovels to the gold miners and are making money from recycled information that sends their viewers to their affiliate links (Builderall, Hosting, etc.).

    Any authentic marketers out there that has some good info from diverse product niche experience?

    Thanks
    I've never made a single dollar from how to be an internet marketer stuff. The gist of all of it, is this ...

    What product/service would you be comfortable selling to someone you love?

    And then go sell the shit out of it.

    That's pretty much it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11677906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    I understand where you are coming from as far as MMO vs. non-MMO products. I used to feel the same.

    But, in the end don't the same basic principles apply to each? Don't you use the same types of tactics like email, SEO, social media posts, etc.?

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11677924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      But, in the end don't the same basic principles apply to each? Don't you use the same types of tactics like email, SEO, social media posts, etc.?

      Mark
      Not so sure this is an "accurate" statement. There is a line between selling info products, and product. Info products you want to develop a funnel, so e-mail website social media etc all fall into play.

      Selling product is oh so different. The primary intent is just get the sale. I personally try to avoid the funnel. It becomes less about drawing someone to an offer and more placing the product where it is searched. Make sense? I sell stuff on eBay as an example. There is no need for e-mail or a website or social media. Sure these things can actually help at a more advanced level but are by no means needed.

      I personally have an "Affiliate Site" that sells hardwood flooring. One of the first things you have to understand when selling product vs a info product is the "Buyer Cycle". So you have tire kickers, info seekers, refined search, comparison, buyers, and post sale service.

      I would argue that a "GOOD" site would hit the last 5 aspects of the buyers circle. Using my personal example of Hardwood Floors, i dont target hardwood floors - this is a tire kicker term. Something like Cherry hardwood floors falls in the info seeker category. Wide plank hardwood floors falls under refined search. Hardwood vs engineered cherry floors would be comparison. 5" Cherry hardwood floors is a buyer term. And then How to clean cherry hardwood floors would be a post sale inquiry.

      So this "site" that i have, there is no social media and all of my "Reports" are direct download with no e-mail required. In this instance a CRM would be so complex and time consuming to create it was not worth the effort. ALL of my efforts went into SEO. Getting as many touches in the sales process as possible, that after visiting time and again, the obvious choice to buying becomes my site ( I hope )

      In the beginning I did run Ads, but the ROI was "worth it" but not, once the SEO efforts started kicking in, I dropped the paid ads completely.

      Info products ( I believe ) are a impulse buy now type product... BUT a good follow up e-mail sequence can produce sales. The issue with this model ( for me ) is once you sold the first thing.. then what? you have this mailing list of "Buyers" and all of the sudden you are peddling product after product after product. I have been on some mailing lists thatare very effective in doing this, but MOST, its painful to read.

      Never ( that I have seen on this forum ) is there talk with MMO or Info products in general, an effort to understand the buyers cycle.. its THERE just not as defined as say a "Product"

      Hope that Helps!
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11678230].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
        THANKS savidge4. Little Debbie, the snack princess thanks you too, because I have been a consumer of her products for decades, without once being sold to, or at.

        Trying to say what the perfect business is, is like telling everyone who the most beautiful person in the world is, and opinions are all they ever will be.

        But to be relevant to the thread...as for AFFILIATEs, and your succinct yet eloquent distinction made between information and products I offer my opinion on the perfect business.

        The subscription consumable, service even better than products.

        Like Amazon PRIME, Microsoft 365, Netflix, Apple, HBO, Disney, etc., etc and satellite, cable, CELL services. Consumed every month, and then renewed, many automatically without thought or even doing anything, we just let them take what they want from our bank account. Maybe not perfect, but certainly SWEET as heck.

        Yet few Warriors discuss these options, sites like Grammarly, NordVPN, ButcherBox and there are countless others which offer affiliate or referral programs to people.

        The Warrior Forum has the War Room, a subscription service.

        But my opinion aside, I have been selling both information and real products for decades now, and what savidge4 says here is so true, yet, seldom discussed. The Warrior defacto default is to jump into WarriorPlus, JVZoo, Clickbank and other mostly information selling affiliate programs, but there is so much out there today and so much opportunity.

        It would be a good idea, to spend some time thinking about the different options one has in the affiliate game.

        As for the buyers cycle with info, experience has shown me there is a point of diminishing returns, even though you could have a customer for decades, there is a point where your buyers are looking for something NEW, fresh, different, not that they discount you or your experience, but it is human nature to look for the fresh.

        We old timers love Dan Kennedy, or Jay Abraham, but Gary V. brought the fresh and is a today "guru" (teacher). Maybe it is BOREDOM, or familiarity, but info marketers also have to be aware of their cycles.

        I think a Warrior in the beginning of their journey, should consider getting their bread and butter in order, but also, be working with a foot in both the real world as well as anything online.

        I wonder what a Little Debbie snack funnel would look like, can you imagine the copy and the upsells, dime sales, limited time offers, cross sells, downsells...AFFILIATE PROGRAM (I'll take a penny on every one sold).

        Anyhow, your PERFECT business may be different from mine, but whatever it is, for you, it is worth your time to find it and stay with it.

        GordonJ

        Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

        Not so sure this is an "accurate" statement. There is a line between selling info products, and product. Info products you want to develop a funnel, so e-mail website social media etc all fall into play.

        Selling product is oh so different. The primary intent is just get the sale. I personally try to avoid the funnel. It becomes less about drawing someone to an offer and more placing the product where it is searched. Make sense? I sell stuff on eBay as an example. There is no need for e-mail or a website or social media. Sure these things can actually help at a more advanced level but are by no means needed.

        I personally have an "Affiliate Site" that sells hardwood flooring. One of the first things you have to understand when selling product vs a info product is the "Buyer Cycle". So you have tire kickers, info seekers, refined search, comparison, buyers, and post sale service.

        I would argue that a "GOOD" site would hit the last 5 aspects of the buyers circle. Using my personal example of Hardwood Floors, i dont target hardwood floors - this is a tire kicker term. Something like Cherry hardwood floors falls in the info seeker category. Wide plank hardwood floors falls under refined search. Hardwood vs engineered cherry floors would be comparison. 5" Cherry hardwood floors is a buyer term. And then How to clean cherry hardwood floors would be a post sale inquiry.

        So this "site" that i have, there is no social media and all of my "Reports" are direct download with no e-mail required. In this instance a CRM would be so complex and time consuming to create it was not worth the effort. ALL of my efforts went into SEO. Getting as many touches in the sales process as possible, that after visiting time and again, the obvious choice to buying becomes my site ( I hope )

        In the beginning I did run Ads, but the ROI was "worth it" but not, once the SEO efforts started kicking in, I dropped the paid ads completely.

        Info products ( I believe ) are a impulse buy now type product... BUT a good follow up e-mail sequence can produce sales. The issue with this model ( for me ) is once you sold the first thing.. then what? you have this mailing list of "Buyers" and all of the sudden you are peddling product after product after product. I have been on some mailing lists thatare very effective in doing this, but MOST, its painful to read.

        Never ( that I have seen on this forum ) is there talk with MMO or Info products in general, an effort to understand the buyers cycle.. its THERE just not as defined as say a "Product"

        Hope that Helps!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11678331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Mark - I agree with you, in theory. However, after years of working online we both know the high percentage of 'marketers' trying to sell MMO.....who are trying to sell products they have never successfully used and don't fully understand.


    Like it or not, for many people there is a stigma around 'make money' programs. Someone who views them in that way may not be able to sell them effectively.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world -
    but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11678013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Originally Posted by MoverGuy42 View Post

    Hello all,

    I'm looking to learn from someone that ACTUALLY makes/made a business out of affiliate marketing in niches OTHER than the make-money-niche.

    IE. Picking a product, then going from there.

    (I realize there is thousands of videos for free, but they LITERALLY are all from people that started by just selling shovels to the gold miners and are making money from recycled information that sends their viewers to their affiliate links (Builderall, Hosting, etc.).

    Any authentic marketers out there that has some good info from diverse product niche experience?

    Thanks

    Whenever the topic of affiliate marketing comes up, most
    people here think of the things that are sold at WarriorPlus,
    JVZoo, and the other sites that cater to the MMO market.
    The thinking within the MMO industry is that people are
    more likely to spend money on MMO products.

    In my experience, the best way to make money with affiliate
    marketing is to target consumer categories such as travel,
    health, fashion, etc.

    You could have a blog about acne that has affiliate links to
    Clearasil and Stridex products and make money all day
    long. Obviously you need traffic coming to your site.

    It does not matter what the niche is, it could be anything
    as long as it's something that solves a problem and fulfills
    people's desires.

    You can make a blog about cotton balls. It doesn't matter.

    What is important is that you set SOMETHING up. People
    keep researching this, that and the other, wanting to take
    lessons and courses, and finding out what other people
    are doing.

    You DON'T need a course in affiliate marketing because
    it's not that complicated.

    And you shouldn't need lessons on setting up a blog, just
    look at any successful blog and do what they are doing.

    Once you gain a basic comprehension of the process,
    you should assess what you can do to make it work for
    you, then get busy setting up your blog(s) or website(s),
    or hire somebody to do this for you. It's not that
    expensive.

    Until you do something you will receive NOTHING.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11678033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    A good book to read would be build measure abd learn .

    When it comes to marketing and launching products check out Guy Kawasaki Daymon John snd Garry V .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11678063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justine2
    A good choice of affiliate platform can help you find a good exchange and access to the list of advertisers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    Love a Ryan Daniel Moran who made a brand out of the domain Capitalism.com

    He favors basically what he actually did.

    Picking a Physical Product.

    (He actually flew to China and had his own Brand of Yoga Mats Manufactured then expanded into Supplements etc.)

    Scaling it to a Multi-Million Dollar Company Buyout.


    I also have to mention Wealthy Affiliate.

    But not from a member perspective...

    From the perspective of the 2 young guys that created a community for affiliates with a recurring membership and incentives/commissions to promote the membership.

    $49 give or take depending on when you joined and about 100,000 active members give or take at all times.

    That is some damn good math monthly for the FOUNDERS.

    That is glory in affiliate marketing in my view.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

    I understand where you are coming from as far as MMO vs. non-MMO products. I used to feel the same.

    But, in the end don't the same basic principles apply to each? Don't you use the same types of tactics like email, SEO, social media posts, etc.?

    Mark
    It's not even remotely close to the same.

    Everyone in the MMO niche are just people who failed to build a successful online business other than selling their "MMO secrets" to noobs that don't know any better. It's nothing but scammers and fake-it-till-you-make-it wannabe gurus.

    Non-MMO affiliates actually understand how to identify a problem, find a solution, and match people with that problem to the solution.
    Signature
    New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
    Open for A Limited Time!

    Request to Join
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      It's not even remotely close to the same.

      Everyone in the MMO niche are just people who failed to build a successful online business other than selling their "MMO secrets" to noobs that don't know any better. It's nothing but scammers and fake-it-till-you-make-it wannabe gurus.

      Non-MMO affiliates actually understand how to identify a problem, find a solution, and match people with that problem to the solution.

      Might be a bit too much generalizations going on there my friend.


      Do Dating content creators actually have real dating experience. Did they create the content or have it created.


      Do I need to have acne to have a successful acne authority website?


      Did the little guy in Rocky who coached him to be the champion actually have any personal in the ring boxing experience?


      Every person that makes even just $1 online (in any niche) can then teach the person that has made $0 online. Where is the fail?


      Oh there are some scammers out there...yes indeed. In every single niche. You can go to a Black Hat site right now and find someone purchasing Etsy Reviews.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679833].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by Profit Traveler View Post

        Every person that makes even just $1 online (in any niche) can then teach the person that has made $0 online. Where is the fail?
        If you pay me $1 for a system that says sell this system for $1, I've made money online. You do the same and so have you. Scale this up, and you have a picture of how a great chunk of the MMO market operates.
        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679834].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
          Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

          If you pay me $1 for a system that says sell this system for $1, I've made money online. You do the same and so have you. Scale this up, and you have a picture of how a great chunk of the MMO market operates.

          Totally agree.


          I just think there is not a single niche out there that is not being exploited or exploits in some manner.


          What niche is creating a tool that spies and trains you to copy another persons hard work?

          It is just the nature of the beast in this world we all live in voluntarily.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679838].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Profit Traveler View Post

        Might be a bit too much generalizations going on there my friend.


        Do Dating content creators actually have real dating experience. Did they create the content or have it created.


        Do I need to have acne to have a successful acne authority website?


        Did the little guy in Rocky who coached him to be the champion actually have any personal in the ring boxing experience?


        Every person that makes even just $1 online (in any niche) can then teach the person that has made $0 online. Where is the fail?


        Oh there are some scammers out there...yes indeed. In every single niche. You can go to a Black Hat site right now and find someone purchasing Etsy Reviews.
        Yes, Mickey did have boxing experience.

        Your examples have nothing to do with what I said. You can create affiliate websites about products you don't use yourself. That's not what I was saying.

        I'm saying the people in the MMO niche are people who have never actually made money online other than their MMO bs.

        An no, someone who has only made $1 online has absolutely no business trying to position themselves as someone who should teach others how to make money online.
        Signature
        New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
        Open for A Limited Time!

        Request to Join
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680205].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post


          I'm saying the people in the MMO niche are people who have never actually made money online other than their MMO bs.
          Not true. And you just shitted on a bunch of Warriors saying that. Ron Douglas, for example got on Fox News and Rachel Ray selling his ebook of Restaurant recipe secrets. And sold a product about how to make money online as a writer.

          You really did just sh*t on Warriors we can find evidence of doing real sh*t, meanwhile you are just a snarky former moderator that hated everyone and everything.

          How's it feel to hate the world? Haha.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZephyrIon
    I do but I won't teach you for under $5,000 just to get your feet wet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    What I was trying to say is let's say you learn SEO from the Backlinko guy. You can use that on a MMO site or a site selling walkers for old folks.

    People who learned from Dan Kennedy sell MMO and "real" products as well.

    There are many aspects of creating an email sequence that would apply whether you were selling get rich by the weekend or preselling Depends through Amazon.

    The basic know how: understanding the psychology, copywriting, setting up and sending an email sequence, making a page that sells, follow-up, customer service, etc. is the same but needs to be tweaked.

    Sure, you may not use the same tactics: bright red blinking Buy NOW may turn on Warrior types but turn off false teeth adhesive guys or the hard push with scarcity may not work as well with regular moms with newborns looking for a new crib but much of the general how to set up a page, send an email, do SEO, etc. are the same.

    Mark

    Edit: I learned mostly from MMO types including through this forum but currently am not in this space or anywhere in the proximity at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11679901].message }}
  • Focus in a product or service that you have experience of and want to promote, then learn how to write good content, look up in Google lots of free and useful advice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sanjog Meshram
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Originally Posted by Sanjog Meshram View Post

      Affiliate marketing is nothing but choosing right niche first and then consistence hardwork.
      The right niche? Is there a wrong niche? I think people W A Y over think this stuff. Right now... as in right now... look around you... do you have a cup or glass or mug or bottle of a liquid sitting next to you? If your buying it, so are other people. That liquid, be it Coffee or Tea or Water, or Soda you could be selling as an affiliate. IF you really want to take it up a notch... you would buy sell and ship said product.

      There is NO SUCH THING as saturated markets. There are markets that are going to be easier than others. but by no means anything that is saturated. Do YOU, and stop thinking about everyone else. Where do you go ( on the internet ) to learn and share about anything... say coffee... there are reddits, videos, message boards, social hashtags Its actually a BOOMING market. just do you. If you use it yourself... then you can sell it, its that simple. I have a friend that sells toasters off of Amazon. Think he made around $40,000 last year... SELLING TOASTERS for the love of something else or another. - BTW he is fascinated with toasters.. he probably has at least 10 of them in his kitchen.

      Stop thinking and researching on what and where is going to make you the most money... THIS has failure written all over it. START thinking what you have a passion for, what YOU use, and THIS is a foundation for success.
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jahidsarkar
    Although not everyone is making six figures from affiliate marketing, you can use tips and strategies to improve your site and increase your income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mkoncept
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digitalstar
    As you have already gone through so many courses, Just take the essence of each course and start implementing. If you start implementing you can learn and Earn. Do your own research and select products that people actually need and buy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SiteNameSales
    The ideal solution for newbies is to purchase a high-ticket course - one that will continue to guide you for a year or so - and give you the option to promote the course as you go. Promoting the course is not mandatory and you can go on to sell pet supplies if that is your preference, but you will do so with some some knowledge provided by experienced and successful marketers.

    If you can afford it, choosing the high-ticket course is part of the challenge. Do your research. Watch the webinars. Check Facebook. Look for reviews. Hopefully, you will find a solution that will work for you.Sure, you can watch a lot of helpful videos on YouTube for free, but personal coaching will save you a lot of time and misplaced effort.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681413].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics