How to keep your PC running efficiently

by Dan Maloney 12 replies
I just updated my blog with a few tips you guys might be interested in if you're running windows and need to keep your business computer running efficiently. The post needs links, but for the moment you can google for the software I recommend. I might make a Mac post later, but this is a start. Hope you enjoy.

10 Tips For Windows Nirvana

(Admins: I'm not marketing anything at my blog yet, this is pure information.)
#main internet marketing discussion forum #efficiently #running
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Sean A McAlister
    Why are you not monetizing your blog?

    -Sean
    Signature
    New Product Launches, Affiliate Marketplace

    Need More Sales? More Affiliates? LaunchBoards.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xmx
    Interesting post.
    Thanks for sharing, I will have to try some of the tools
    you suggest on your blog. They could be useful.


    cheers,

    Gian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Maloney
      Because I just started, and I don't really know much about monitization yet ) I'm a noob, so I decided to start getting my name out by offering useful original content.

      If anyone has any questions about the post, feel free to ask.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10910].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MoaddinFM
        Did you ever think on having Adwords(TM) on Registry Cleaners when submitting a windows acceleration text etc.?

        There are alot of affiliate programs out there to software that claims to make your PC run more efficiently

        Martin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10952].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author soffell
          Originally Posted by MoaddinFM View Post

          There are alot of affiliate programs out there to software that claims to make your PC run more efficiently

          Martin
          yes...
          you can put banner or text link on your blog, so far it good income to newbie like me too
          Signature
          Banner Ads For Your MAX advertising
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10986].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author napoleonfirst
            There is a product called DiskKeeper to keep your computer running smoothly. Also they offer a free trial.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10991].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Dan Maloney
              Yes, diskkeeper is excellent, the only reason I didn't include it was because I was trying to recommend free software. Nod32 is the only really base program that I wish people would buy, because it kicks the crap out of the oft-bloated virus checkers out there, both in detection and speed. (Version 2.7 is even slimmer then 3.0)

              If you look down my blog, you will find a post with a comprehensive list of software I tend to use, which I know is safe software. In this post I was trying to hit on more of the essentials.

              Maybe I should work on the computer niche, if people find it useful :-) I'm training to get A+ certified, and computers are one of my passions.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11126].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KimW
          Originally Posted by MoaddinFM View Post

          Did you ever think on having Adwords(TM) on Registry Cleaners when submitting a windows acceleration text etc.?

          There are alot of affiliate programs out there to software that claims to make your PC run more efficiently

          Martin
          The keyword here is "claim". The vast majority of those products are just plain junk,and some can actually do more damage than good to your system.
          Signature

          Read A Post.
          Subscribe to a Newsletter
          KimWinfrey.Com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11124].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan Maloney
            Originally Posted by Majik View Post

            The keyword here is "claim". The vast majority of those products are just plain junk,and some can actually do more damage than good to your system.
            Yes, I do NOT advocate most of the spammy registry cleaner affiliate programs. You need to be extremely careful that your registry program does not "clean up" entries your entries, then you suddenly find out that your system won't boot.

            Adsense is another story, I don't mind offering that because I have no control over what other people offer. I only warn people to do extensive checking before they buy.

            I wish there were more computer offerings on clickbank other then registry and virus programs. As I say in the post, these are a natural target for money-makers because people under virus attack are desperate buyers. I would rather authors put out eBooks or information that describe what to do to survive viruses, rather then put out an incomplete and damaging program trying to make a quick buck.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11140].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author gabby335
              Originally Posted by enjourni View Post

              Yes, I do NOT advocate most of the spammy registry cleaner affiliate programs. You need to be extremely careful that your registry program does not "clean up" entries your entries, then you suddenly find out that your system won't boot.

              Adsense is another story, I don't mind offering that because I have no control over what other people offer. I only warn people to do extensive checking before they buy.

              I wish there were more computer offerings on clickbank other then registry and virus programs. As I say in the post, these are a natural target for money-makers because people under virus attack are desperate buyers. I would rather authors put out eBooks or information that describe what to do to survive viruses, rather then put out an incomplete and damaging program trying to make a quick buck.
              Ok!

              I'm working on it!

              Been a computer tech for over 33 years and I'm in the process of writing a book on basic computer usage and perhaps I can expand my articles on computer security and help people stay safe in this dangerous Web World!

              By the way, good stuff you wrote ... I learned about a few new programs I'll be checking out.

              More later ... have a DVD movie ready to go in the player and need to pop some popcorn! []
              Signature

              Debbi

              http://www.matchrateplus.com/seniorcomputerguru - Make residual income showing local businesses how to SAVE money on their Credit Card processing! No cost ... NO selling!

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11252].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Britt Malka
                I gave up on PC's 2 1/2 years ago. Actually it was my husband who said to me, after I have used another evening screaming and crying and tearing my hair out, that I should get a Mac or a divorce. I chose the Mac, and I haven't regretted

                No problems, no wated time. Only happiness
                Signature
                *** Idea Factory ***
                9 Simple & Fun Ways to Come Up With Ideas for Non-Fiction Books

                >>> Click here to get immediate access <<<

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11260].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Dan Maloney
                  Getting a Mac is usually the easiest path to computer happiness

                  And now that Macs can run windows programs natively through Parallels or Boot Camp, there's no real reason not to go that route. For example, I do all my finances through windows quicken, yet Safari is my web browser.

                  It really is awesome being able to run whatever software you want no matter the platform.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[20359].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics