Could You Please Clarify Solo Ads, Cost Per Click VS Potential Commission For Even 1 Sale

3 replies
Hi Warriors:

Hope all is well.

I watched a YouTube video from a marketer that had a good amount of subscribers (20,000) and spent 15 minutes talking about solo ads, cost for x number of clicks and potential profit.

In the video he never plugged any of his own stuff. Watching the contents several questions come to mind (I apologize to those that have knowledge regarding Solo Ads, I have never bought or sold them).

He gave a website where you could find nothing but solo ad sellers with their cost for X number of clicks and ratings.

He showed for 100 clicks the sellers with excellent ratings were charging 33.00 to 103.00 American dollars. I believe I have that right, sorry if I mistyped.

Here are the questions please (apologies in advance):

1 When it is mentioned that you will get 100 clicks does that mean the solo ads seller knows he/she has to send out to their entire list or do they use a formula that if they have X number of subscribers it will take X to get 100 people to click?

2) If you took a statistical average from trusted solo ad sellers/combined with a successful product and known marketer that the buyer is promoting how many people out of 100 should purchase? What is the percent that is realistic? Would you need more than 100 to get 1 sale?

3) If the seller sends to the entire list does it mean even if you get the results you wish, you could not use them again for a long period of time because it would be redundant tapping into the same folks so soon?

4) If they do not use the entire list, how do they decide which get the offer the buyer is promoting?

5) What am I missing her? Let us say that Jane/John Doe want to promote a well respected and successful Affiliate Marketing Product that offers top level training and positive results. ClickBank shows they will earn 500.00 for 1 sale (strong gravity). Wouldn't anyone be willing to spend even 400.00 in clicks to get 1 sale and then keep moving on to other top flight solo ads sellers? There has to be a piece of the puzzle I do not comprehend. The average American is lucky to get 1 percent return for a CD/Money Market and the average person is fortunate to make 8 percent in stocks. If you could get 25 percent return on the dollar (Spend 400 to get 500), there has to be a reason every Warrior is not doing this. Thanks for explanations, because obviously I am in the dark!

Once again really sorry for being so in the dark about the topic.

Everyone enjoy the day and be safe always,
CF
#ads #affiliate marketing #clarify #click #commission #cost #potential #sale #solo #solo ads #work from home
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Your concerns are valid, and make sense. I have alot of the same questions also. I can answer a few of them for you.

    Some solo ad sellers segment their list so that they can mail to desktop only leads, and mobile only leads. And then some sellers mail to their entire list until 100 clicks has been achieved. They use a click tracking software to monitor the clicks.

    Sales are ambiguous. You can never trust the results that others have received. Alot of these sellers mail to the same list over and over again - rendering them deadbeats. Why would a list of email recipients be responsive to nothing but offers that are promoted to them day after day? How would the vendor themselves cultivate the list?

    If they mail to the entire list, and you decide to run another promotion to the list with the same offer days later... expect lack luster results. Each time their list gets mailed to, the quality of the list decreases.

    There is no difference in the vendor's own offer and your offer in their eyes. Any offer is an offer. Therefore the vendor probably only makes money from mailing solo ads to the list. Which makes you question the validity of the list. It makes you question how they are building the list.

    Is it through lead generation, or is the list bought.

    Not all sellers are like this, but alot are. I stay away from all of it.

    Hope this helped.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11708774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Craig Fenton
      Hi Randall:

      Thanks for reply.

      In anything I research, I always look for the balanced approach. What you point out makes perfect sense. Would you agree there has to be a flip-side? If people are still buying the ads, wouldn't it mean that some are getting results?

      I would be curious (there are stats for everything) what the average is for every 100 clicks how many sales (if any).

      An example of an older way of marketing. Long before people knew the word Internet, postcard mailings were prevalent. The national average was .25-.50 success. Meaning ABC Company had to send out between 200 and 400 for 1 sale.

      You always have great insight and carry yourself very well. Thanks for your professionalism and knowledge.

      All the best,
      CF
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11708782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ashtondunhill
    Originally Posted by Craig Fenton View Post


    Here are the questions please (apologies in advance):

    1 When it is mentioned that you will get 100 clicks does that mean the solo ads seller knows he/she has to send out to their entire list or do they use a formula that if they have X number of subscribers it will take X to get 100 people to click?
    They use tracking software and usually set it so the solo buyer gets a bit more clicks than they paid for so if you order 100 you will probably get 110 that way they can claim to over deliver
    Originally Posted by Craig Fenton View Post


    2) If you took a statistical average from trusted solo ad sellers/combined with a successful product and known marketer that the buyer is promoting how many people out of 100 should purchase? What is the percent that is realistic? Would you need more than 100 to get 1 sale?
    This is hard to answer as you do not know if the seller has promoted that product or not. Or, if other solo buyers have promoted the product. Keep in mind when buying solo ads your goal should be to get them on your list and into your funnel, sales should not be the goal but a good bonus

    Originally Posted by Craig Fenton View Post


    3) If the seller sends to the entire list does it mean even if you get the results you wish, you could not use them again for a long period of time because it would be redundant tapping into the same folks so soon?
    Most solo sellers have pretty large lists so I doubt your solo would ever be sent to the entire list. You should always ask a seller how large their list is.

    Originally Posted by Craig Fenton View Post

    4) If they do not use the entire list, how do they decide which get the offer the buyer is promoting?
    This is all handled with the software they use.
    Originally Posted by Craig Fenton View Post


    5) What am I missing her? Let us say that Jane/John Doe want to promote a well respected and successful Affiliate Marketing Product that offers top level training and positive results. ClickBank shows they will earn 500.00 for 1 sale (strong gravity). Wouldn't anyone be willing to spend even 400.00 in clicks to get 1 sale and then keep moving on to other top flight solo ads sellers? There has to be a piece of the puzzle I do not comprehend. The average American is lucky to get 1 percent return for a CD/Money Market and the average person is fortunate to make 8 percent in stocks. If you could get 25 percent return on the dollar (Spend 400 to get 500), there has to be a reason every Warrior is not doing this. Thanks for explanations, because obviously I am in the dark!
    Like I said, your purpose in buying a solo ad is to get people on your list and into your funnel. It is probably not a good idea to promote high ticket products. You want a low entry point for your solo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11708826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ishaq Ramzan
    Banned
    It is one of the best post i found on google .like it very much...Urdu Shayari
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11708848].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics