Has your business been crippled by bad online reviews? Meta is implementing new policies

by WarriorForum.com Administrator
8 replies
A new article on Social Media Today reports that Meta is launching a new Community Feedback Policy in the US, which will provide more specific parameters on what's allowed within customer reviews and feedback published in the app.

The new policy has been created 'to ensure that reviews are based on real purchasing experiences', while also keeping fraudulent and offensive feedback out of view. In other words, Meta's now implementing new processes to detect false and misleading reviews, to limit the scope of those using reviews as a weapon, and to stop people from trying to scam the system with false positive feedback:

"More than 200 million businesses connect with their customers through our apps and technologies. Community feedback provides businesses with helpful insights from their customers and helps people make trusted purchasing decisions as they discover new products."
To help keep things in order, Meta's now implementing more specific regulations on what is and isn't allowed in product and business reviews, including clear rules against incentivization and parameters around relevance.



Who out there has been impacted by an unfair, misleading, or even a downright malicious online review? Please tell the users your story and how you approached the fallout.
#bad #business #crippled #implementing #meta #online #policies #reviews
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    This might not stop the trolls i.e spammers however it is a step in the right direction .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11718688].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
      Administrator
      With Meta? Don't think trolls will stop.

      Originally Posted by Jamell View Post

      This might not stop the trolls i.e spammers however it is a step in the right direction .
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11718882].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author XYZcontent
      Originally Posted by Jamell View Post

      This might not stop the trolls i.e spammers however it is a step in the right direction .
      Agreed - realistically more companies should take a similar approach (at least in terms of directionality).
      Signature
      Your one-stop shop for all written content.

      Visit us at XYZcontent.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11719698].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
        Administrator
        What would you specifically recommend?

        Originally Posted by XYZcontent View Post

        Agreed - realistically more companies should take a similar approach (at least in terms of directionality).
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11719709].message }}
  • I wonder what they mean by this:

    Meta says that it'll rely on automated technology and human reviewers to detect potential violations.

    Does that mean some reviews might be automatically flagged? How would they know? Do pages have the ability to contest them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11718801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blairquane
    Amazon did a lot of work on this within their platform, because the reviews are tied to the way Amazon rank and which products they display on page one, so people were gaming their system. Certainly improved their platform someway, so hopefully Meta will see similar.
    Got a competitor posting bad reviews about one of my businesses on Trust Pilot - I went through a number of channels to get the review removed, but TP was woeful in dealing with it. I would never recommend them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11719309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
      Administrator
      Bad reviews can either be totally scathing (and libelous), or they can be used to improve your business.

      Originally Posted by blairquane View Post

      Amazon did a lot of work on this within their platform, because the reviews are tied to the way Amazon rank and which products they display on page one, so people were gaming their system. Certainly improved their platform someway, so hopefully Meta will see similar.
      Got a competitor posting bad reviews about one of my businesses on Trust Pilot - I went through a number of channels to get the review removed, but TP was woeful in dealing with it. I would never recommend them.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11719326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Old Molases
    Dont know about meta one bad review about your business can get you into serious trouble.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11720224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Obaasia
    Unfortunately yes, everad company stole our money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11720534].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics