When it comes to content marketing, finding writers and producing content is easy. But creating quality content that hits your business KPIs? Well, that's something else entirely.
Suppose you want to succeed as a digital marketer. In that case, the key is to establish an effective content strategy as your foundation. The right content strategy can help you outrank your competition and achieve your goals.
Back in November, the site moderated a webinar with Sabrina Hipps, VP of Client Success, and Jeremy Rivera, Director of Content Analysis at CopyPress. Hipps and Rivera provided critical content insights, practical knowledge, and hands-on techniques that are fully compliant with Google's policies and highly relevant to the recent helpful content and core algorithm updates.
This is what the crew came up with:
- Take a fearless inventory of existing content and review its ability to provide a satisfactory answer for searchers. At larger companies with established volumes of content, it's helpful to do this by category.
- Identify topics that are opportunity areas.
- Brainstorm pain points and problems that need to be solved. Ask your experts what should be used to create a list of new articles.
- Leverage SEO data for People Also Ask (PAAs), featured snippets, and relevant groupings of keywords. This can be used to fuel new articles or revise existing content.
- Utilize your content analysis tool for deeper insights.