Yet another EZA thread - I thought they were against multiple rewrites of exactly the same article?

49 replies
I was just browsing through a category I submit to, and noticed one author currently has 10 articles in the 'recently added' list. These 10 articles are on EXACTLY the same subject, and are clearly just rewritten to make them appear unique. I'm in no way against this, I was just under the impression that EZA were cracking down on this kind of thing? :confused:

*Goes to write rewrite weight loss article 14 times*

:p

Edit: just checked the top 30 'recently added', and this author has 17 of them Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but if you can't beat them.....
#article #eza #multiple #rewrites #thought #thread
  • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
    I guess it depends to what extent they do the rewrite. If you take the same "idea" from each paragraph and rewrite leaving none of the original intact, maybe it can be considered unique.

    After all, there are only so many tidbits of information in some of these niches and then you have to start repeating. But you can repeat while putting an entirely new and creative spin on it every time.

    Look at the "get your ex back" niche. There are thousands of articles from different authors all telling people to:

    1. Ignore your ex
    2. Concentrate on your life
    3. They will come back to you

    Hmm...

    I could understand not accepting spun content because they repeat some words and sentences in exactly the same place from one article to the next. But complete hand-written rewrites using the same "idea" only is something many authors do.

    I doubt if Ezine's derivative content checker could detect this, because, for all intents and purposes, it is 100% original.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    Originally Posted by Liam Hamer View Post

    I was just browsing through a category I submit to, and noticed one author currently has 10 articles in the 'recently added' list. These 10 articles are on EXACTLY the same subject, and are clearly just rewritten to make them appear unique. I'm in no way against this, I was just under the impression that EZA were cracking down on this kind of thing? :confused:

    *Goes to write rewrite weight loss article 14 times*

    :p

    Edit: just checked the top 30 'recently added', and this author has 17 of them Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but if you can't beat them.....
    It took you this long to notice that flooding Ezines is the best method to get most traffic? especially in the dating niche?

    just rewrite the article or have someone rewrite it like 48 times, make sure to use attention grabbing headlines for each article though, get a premium account and have one article released every half hour or so so that you have at least 1 article in the recently submitted category every hour.

    Never mass submit them like this guy is doing because they will only appear on the recently submitted list till the next guy comes along and mass submits and then they are gone.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

      just rewrite the article or have someone rewrite it like 48 times, make sure to use attention grabbing headlines for each article though, get a premium account and have one article released every half hour or so so that you have at least 1 article in the recently submitted category every hour.

      Never mass submit them like this guy is doing because they will only appear on the recently submitted list till the next guy comes along and mass submits and then they are gone.
      Isn't this type of thing what has caused Ezine to crack down in the first place? Rewriting something a bazillion times and everyone starting to all look the same?
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454642].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
        Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

        Isn't this type of thing what has caused Ezine to crack down in the first place? Rewriting something a bazillion times and everyone starting to all look the same?
        This is what I thought too, but apparently not.....:confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
        Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

        Isn't this type of thing what has caused Ezine to crack down in the first place? Rewriting something a bazillion times and everyone starting to all look the same?
        Indeed it is, doesn't seem to be working though.


        [QUOTE=;No, I noticed this pretty soon after I got into article marketing. When I have 'flooded' EZA though, I have made sure to write about different topics related to the category. Rewriting is not something I've done a great deal o[/QUOTE]

        if you are going to use this strategy then quality does not matter to much, and trying to write a unique article is a waste of time, look up a warrior called "Jeremy Kelsall" do a thread search, he hs a very interesting WSO about this strategy.

        FYI. I do not use ezines
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454660].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
          Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

          Indeed it is, doesn't seem to be working though.




          if you are going to use this strategy then quality does not matter to much, and trying to write a unique article is a waste of time, look up a warrior called "Jeremy Kelsall" do a thread search, he hs a very interesting WSO about this strategy.

          FYI. I do not use ezines
          Actually, quality does matter. Just because you are using some of the same concepts from the original article doesn't mean that you have to pump out garbage.

          If you submit one article one week and then submit another using the same ideas and points another week, there will be people reading it that haven't seen it before. Why wouldn't you want that article to be quality?
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454689].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
            Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post

            Actually, quality does matter. Just because you are using some of the same concepts from the original article doesn't mean that you have to pump out garbage.

            If you submit one article one week and then submit another using the same ideas and points another week, there will be people reading it that haven't seen it before. Why wouldn't you want that article to be quality?
            *shakes head* for this tactic, quality is not necessary nor Keyword research either, If you were to write a really stunning article that actually worked helping the guy get his ex back then what incentive does he have to click on your link and buy the product that you are promoting?

            HE DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENCE YOU DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BECAUSE YOU JUST SOLVED HIS PROBLEM INSTEAD OF RECOMMENDING A SOLUTION HE HAS TO PAY FOR WHICH WOULD RESULT IN YOU GETTING PAID.

            Writing good quality articles, becoming an authority, and building a list is only good if you are promoting your own products.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454721].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
              Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

              *shakes head* for this tactic, quality is not necessary nor Keyword research either, If you were to write a really stunning article that actually worked helping the guy get his ex back then what incentive does he have to click on your link and buy the product that you are promoting?

              HE DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENCE YOU DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BECAUSE YOU JUST SOLVED HIS PROBLEM INSTEAD OF RECOMMENDING A SOLUTION HE HAS TO PAY FOR WHICH WOULD RESULT IN YOU GETTING PAID.

              Writing good quality articles, becoming an authority, and building a list is only good if you are promoting your own products.
              Now this is what Ezine is cracking down on - and rightly so...

              I respectfully, disagree
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454734].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kay King
                In the many thread complaining about EZA, people seem to focus on what others are doing.

                I don't care what others do. I've seen EZA crackdowns before and they have never affected my articles because I don't submit questionable articles just because others do it that way.

                Other marketers may have crappy sites, write poor articles, spam forums with their links, sell substandard "info products. I choose not to work that way so I don't worry when google throws a hissy fit about one method or another or when an article directory decides to do a clean up.

                Set the standards for yourself rather than basing what you do on what others seem to get by with. Then you don't have to worry about it.

                kay
                Signature
                Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

                Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454750].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
                  Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

                  In the many thread complaining about EZA, people seem to focus on what others are doing.

                  I don't care what others do. I've seen EZA crackdowns before and they have never affected my articles because I don't submit questionable articles just because others do it that way.

                  Other marketers may have crappy sites, write poor articles, spam forums with their links, sell substandard "info products. I choose not to work that way so I don't worry when google throws a hissy fit about one method or another or when an article directory decides to do a clean up.

                  Set the standards for yourself rather than basing what you do on what others seem to get by with. Then you don't have to worry about it.

                  kay
                  I dont use nor care about EZA. Personally I prefer to spend my time promoting my own blogs and helping them rank rather than help someone else s sight rank even higher with my content.

                  I never said I use this strategy.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454771].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
                    Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

                    I dont use nor care about EZA. Personally I prefer to spend my time promoting my own blogs and helping them rank rather than help someone else s sight rank even higher with my content.
                    I do both, but I of course treat my own sites as more important. I use EZA and other article directories to drive some traffic, provide some backlinks and generally just to get some content out there
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454781].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
                  Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

                  In the many thread complaining about EZA, people seem to focus on what others are doing.

                  I don't care what others do. I've seen EZA crackdowns before and they have never affected my articles because I don't submit questionable articles just because others do it that way.

                  Other marketers may have crappy sites, write poor articles, spam forums with their links, sell substandard "info products. I choose not to work that way so I don't worry when google throws a hissy fit about one method or another or when an article directory decides to do a clean up.

                  Set the standards for yourself rather than basing what you do on what others seem to get by with. Then you don't have to worry about it.

                  kay

                  Agreed!
                  Signature

                  "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454877].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
                Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post

                Now this is what Ezine is cracking down on - and rightly so...

                I respectfully, disagree
                As stated their crackdown doesnt seem to be very effective.

                I havnt even mentioned how the top viewed articles actually make it to the top viewed section.

                You can disagree all you like and blind yourself to the reality that using ezines especially in the really competitive niches can be a mega waste of time unless you are doing what the others are doing.

                Evidently you have never worked in sales/promotions/marketing before entering IM.

                And as the OP said, if you cant beat them......


                If you are planning on creating a stable long term business then I agree that quality matters however the aforementioned model it is not essential to build authority status and huge subscriber lists and if you still disagree with what I am stating then I suggest you look up that WSO that I mentioned and that the OP is going to follow.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454762].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
                  I always try to make my articles helpful, but they have definitely cracked down on not offering practical advice in your articles. One day back in October, I submitted 10 articles, most of which were between 250 and 400 words. These were pretty much written with the intention of getting a good CTR. I'm not saying they were bad articles, I just didn't give too much away in them and focused on the readers pain/the problem more than a solution. All were approved with no problems. This week, I have had 2 come back with 'not enough original and informative content'. Now, as I said earlier in the thread, I disagreed with this, but amended the articles anyway. They are definitely looking closely at every article to make sure they are of good enough quality to go live. At least in my experience, anyway.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454774].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
          Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

          Indeed it is, doesn't seem to be working though.




          if you are going to use this strategy then quality does not matter to much, and trying to write a unique article is a waste of time, look up a warrior called "Jeremy Kelsall" do a thread search, he hs a very interesting WSO about this strategy.

          FYI. I do not use ezines
          I have that WSO
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454703].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
          Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

          Indeed it is, doesn't seem to be working though.




          if you are going to use this strategy then quality does not matter to much, and trying to write a unique article is a waste of time, look up a warrior called "Jeremy Kelsall" do a thread search, he hs a very interesting WSO about this strategy.

          FYI. I do not use ezines
          I just read a thread here recently where Jeremy said his account got suspended at ezinearticles. I do think ezinearticles is TRYING to crack down, but the problem is, they have such a huge volume of articles submitted to them, that they only catch some people - so they very likely are not enforcing the crackdown across the board, they're just catching people here and there.

          My point is - this method may be effective, but it's somewhat risky these days. Your account may get shut down, while other people keep getting away with it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
      Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

      It took you this long to notice that flooding Ezines is the best method to get most traffic? especially in the dating niche?

      just rewrite the article or have someone rewrite it like 48 times, make sure to use attention grabbing headlines for each article though, get a premium account and have one article released every half hour or so so that you have at least 1 article in the recently submitted category every hour.

      Never mass submit them like this guy is doing because they will only appear on the recently submitted list till the next guy comes along and mass submits and then they are gone.
      No, I noticed this pretty soon after I got into article marketing. When I have 'flooded' EZA though, I have made sure to write about different topics related to the category. Rewriting is not something I've done a great deal of, but I'm going to do it a lot more now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
    I rewrite articles for customers all the time. I personally do not like the idea, but I make sure that it is 100% unique, its just the same topic and ideas being expressed in a different manner.

    EZA doesn't like articles that are not 100% unique. Here is my suggestion when you rewrite an article, just use the original like research for the new one. Get the same points and make them sound different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
      Originally Posted by gvannorman View Post

      I rewrite articles for customers all the time. I personally do not like the idea, but I make sure that it is 100% unique, its just the same topic and ideas being expressed in a different manner.

      EZA doesn't like articles that are not 100% unique. Here is my suggestion when you rewrite an article, just use the original like research for the new one. Get the same points and make them sound different.
      I just put some of the articles that inspired this thread into Dupe Free Pro, and I have to say - the author in question is doing a great job of rewriting them. They were coming back with only 2-4% similarity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454788].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
        Originally Posted by Liam Hamer View Post

        I just put some of the articles that inspired this thread into Dupe Free Pro, and I have to say - the author in question is doing a great job of rewriting them. They were coming back with only 2-4% similarity.
        Yeah, it sounds like he is taking his time and doing a good job. He is still taking a risk submitting them all at once, though.

        I think there is a limit as to how strict Ezine can be. If they got rid of every article that was similar, there wouldn't be much left. I'm sure they realize that a certain amount of derivative content is unavoidable.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454804].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
        Originally Posted by Liam Hamer View Post

        I just put some of the articles that inspired this thread into Dupe Free Pro, and I have to say - the author in question is doing a great job of rewriting them. They were coming back with only 2-4% similarity.
        That is great. If you run them through copyscape they will probably come back as 100% unique.

        I like dupefreepro when rewriting articles, it helps to know that your making the article unique compared to the original.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I never said I use this strategy.
      You didn't start the thread - and the post wasn't directed at you personally. It just happened to appear below yours.

      However...

      Writing good quality articles, becoming an authority, and building a list is only good if you are promoting your own products.
      That is simply not true. There are many ways to make money that utilize articles for promotion.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454801].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        That is simply not true. There are many ways to make money that utilize articles for promotion.

        kay
        simple question for you:

        why go to that much effort to become an authority for someone else s product when you can do that for your own and keep all the profits you make?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    I don't blame eza for hating rewrites.

    And I don't think the writer wrote all on the same day so eza may actually be clueless. Don't forget they probably have thousands of submissions daily!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    I don't blame eza for hating rewrites.

    And I don't think the writer wrote all on the same day so eza may actually be clueless. Don't forget they probably have thousands of submissions daily!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
    Several statements in this thread have got me thinking that people are losing sight of the benefits that article marketing generate for you. It seems like many of you just want to take advantage of other websites instead of use them as they are intended - or God forbid working WITH them.

    This is very concerning for me and I highly suggest you try and remember what article marketing is, how it is supposed to work and what it can do for your business.

    ************************************

    "If you can't beat 'em..."

    ...crash and burn with them when suddenly everything disappears!


    ************************************

    And as far as helping another site rank higher with your content, you are being short-sighted (IMO) and limiting your business severely. You may want to check out this blog post...

    Article Marketing Blog - Why Not Write Content and Get Backlinks For My Own Site?

    Respectfully,
    Allen
    Signature
    Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
      Originally Posted by Allen Graves View Post

      Several statements in this thread have got me thinking that people are losing sight of the benefits that article marketing generate for you. It seems like many of you just want to take advantage of other websites instead of use them as they are intended - or God forbid working WITH them.

      This is very concerning for me and I highly suggest you try and remember what article marketing is, how it is supposed to work and what it can do for your business.

      ************************************

      "If you can't beat 'em..."

      ...crash and burn with them when suddenly everything disappears!


      ************************************

      And as far as helping another site rank higher with your content, you are being short-sighted and limiting your business severely. You may want to check out this blog post...

      Article Marketing Blog - Why Not Write Content and Get Backlinks For My Own Site?

      Respectfully,
      Allen
      Point noted
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
        Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

        Point noted
        I edited my post to say that the short-sightedness is only my opinion.

        Thanks,
        AL
        Signature
        Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454885].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          I wonder how many articles a person could write or how many products
          they could create if they spend less time whining about all this nonsense
          and more time actually working on their business?

          Just saying.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454968].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
            Only because it has been brought up a couple of times...

            My EZA account was reinstated

            I personally think EZA is doing their best to satisfy all the "whiners" out there that are pointing to what everyone else is doing.

            They want good content, by getting it, they get visitors and adsense clicks.

            Everyone has to work with them in a way that allows them to get what they want...while keeping in mind, what your own goals are and then split the difference somewhere.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455004].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            why go to that much effort to become an authority for someone else s product when you can do that for your own and keep all the profits you make?
            I don't - because I don't use articles to sell other people's stuff. I use pen names because branding myself is not what I do. I use EZA in a way that suits my purposes for my sites. If that also benefits EZA, that's fine and doesn't hurt me in the least.

            kay
            Signature
            Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

            Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455092].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
            Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            I wonder how many articles a person could write or how many products
            they could create if they spend less time whining about all this nonsense
            and more time actually working on their business?

            Just saying.

            You have been one of the whiners .... just saying!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455128].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
              Originally Posted by Marhelper View Post

              You have been one of the whiners .... just saying!
              Please show me where I have "whined" about EZA's editorial policy or
              anything pertaining to their acceptance of articles in this thread.

              If you're going to be a wise ass, at least make a little sense when being one.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455234].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
                Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                Please show me where I have "whined" about EZA's editorial policy or
                anything pertaining to their acceptance of articles in this thread.

                If you're going to be a wise ass, at least make a little sense when being one.
                Relax and try to keep your emotions intact. You are so quick to point the finger and so easily angered when it is pointed toward you.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455237].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                  I picked one of the articles indicated at random. What I found was that it was reasonably well-written. Not star quality, but reasonable for what it is. It was also almost 600 words, rather than the 250 word blurbs some people call articles and publishers used to call filler.

                  @Marhelper - Steven usually makes sense, even when he is being a wise ass...
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455307].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
                Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                Please show me where I have "whined" about EZA's editorial policy or
                anything pertaining to their acceptance of articles in this thread.

                If you're going to be a wise ass, at least make a little sense when being one.
                How is this for a start:

                http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...npwQtzMg0KyzRw
                #7
                #10
                #41
                #47
                #64
                #66
                Etc....



                http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...HJvwiWkH3ZSGBl

                #1
                #3
                #8
                #9
                #25
                Etc...



                Do you want me to be more specific? This is just a start. Steven, do not be so quick to point the finger.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455278].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                  Originally Posted by Marhelper View Post

                  How is this for a start:

                  http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...npwQtzMg0KyzRw
                  #7
                  #10
                  #41
                  #47
                  #64
                  #66
                  Etc....



                  http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...HJvwiWkH3ZSGBl

                  #1
                  #3
                  #8
                  #9
                  #25
                  Etc...



                  Do you want me to be more specific? This is just a start. Steven, do not be so quick to point the finger.

                  If you want to call my responses to other's questions whining, fine. I'm
                  not going to argue with you.

                  But I spend more time actually working on my business than coming here
                  and bitching about what some site does or doesn't do.

                  You can continue this little bit of nonsense if you like.

                  Me? I have more important things to do.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455298].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
                    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                    If you want to call my responses to other's questions whining, fine. I'm
                    not going to argue with you.

                    But I spend more time actually working on my business than coming here
                    and bitching about what some site does or doesn't do.

                    You can continue this little bit of nonsense if you like.

                    Me? I have more important things to do.
                    OK ... See ya!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
      Originally Posted by Allen Graves View Post

      Several statements in this thread have got me thinking that people are losing sight of the benefits that article marketing generate for you. It seems like many of you just want to take advantage of other websites instead of use them as they are intended - or God forbid working WITH them.

      "If you can't beat 'em..."

      ..
      That was tongue in cheek on my part, and I was simply referring to the author's technique. I don't think I'd ever write 17 versions of the same thing and submit them at once, 10 maybe...but not 17 :p

      Thanks for linking to your blog BTW, very interesting reading indeed
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1454878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigRedNotebook
    It'd be interesting to know if the seemingly redundant articles mentioned by the OP were well written or not.

    It seems as though the "crackdowns" usually end up hitting poorly written and/or barely passable articles more than they do well written ones.

    If the writing is engaging, interesting and of a "higher than usual" quality, it doesn't seem as though EzineArticles is quite as tough with respect to some of their other stated preferences and requirements.

    It may not be fair and it may not fall within the letter of the law, but it seems as though well written stuff has a much better chance of sticking, even if it may be pushing the envelope with respect to other elements of EzineArticles' TOS.
    Signature
    Professional SEO Content Provider and Copywriter
    Prices that Make Sense!
    5+ Years of Full-Time Experience
    Carson Brackney
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
      Originally Posted by BigRedNotebook View Post

      It'd be interesting to know if the seemingly redundant articles mentioned by the OP were well written or not.

      It seems as though the "crackdowns" usually end up hitting poorly written and/or barely passable articles more than they do well written ones.

      If the writing is engaging, interesting and of a "higher than usual" quality, it doesn't seem as though EzineArticles is quite as tough with respect to some of their other stated preferences and requirements.

      It may not be fair and it may not fall within the letter of the law, but it seems as though well written stuff has a much better chance of sticking, even if it may be pushing the envelope with respect to other elements of EzineArticles' TOS.
      I think they're pretty well written - they're the ones about treating dark circles under the eyes:-

      Health-and-Fitness - Beauty EzineArticles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455157].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
        Originally Posted by Liam Hamer View Post

        I think they're pretty well written - they're the ones about treating dark circles under the eyes:-

        Health-and-Fitness - Beauty EzineArticles
        If it's the author I'm thinking of, it seems reasonable to expect that the articles would get approved. They are well written. a decent length, and obviously not spun. If he recycles any information, he does it very well. The problem is, the niche he is in doesn't have an endless supply of fresh material he can write about. He may not have much room to grow.

        Time to explore other topics maybe?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455197].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
          Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post

          The problem is, the niche he is in doesn't have an endless supply of fresh material he can write about.

          Health and Fitness?!

          Oh yes there is.
          Signature

          "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455224].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Heuristic
            Originally Posted by dadvocate View Post

            Health and Fitness?!

            Oh yes there is.
            "DARK CIRCLES" is what I meant
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455229].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
              Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post

              "DARK CIRCLES" is what I meant

              This could just be 1 of many things they're promoting in Health and Fitness. It's just speculation anyways. But, if all they're promoting is a solution to "dark circles", then yeah I agree, not much room to grow. =)

              Sorry to the OP for going off topic.
              Signature

              "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455359].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author newBum76
                This is really great news to me! I've pretty much stopped submitting to ezine because I've been so paranoid about getting suspended or deleted from all the stories I've been reading lately...and as a result I've made zip from clickbank the past 3 weeks.

                I have never submitted a spun article, or even an outsourced one, ever. I do write about the same subject matter, but my articles are always original and completely different from anything else I've written. I write good quality articles in general, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about getting dinged for re-writing.

                On the plus side, I've been spending the time learning about adsense and have 3 new sites up, however it would be nice to be making money from clickbank again!

                I think I'll do a little experimenting this time and go with CPA offers in addition to my clickbank products.

                Thanks for making this thread Liam, I really needed this good news!

                -Jon
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1456535].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Liam Hamer
                  Originally Posted by newBum76 View Post

                  This is really great news to me! I've pretty much stopped submitting to ezine because I've been so paranoid about getting suspended or deleted from all the stories I've been reading lately...and as a result I've made zip from clickbank the past 3 weeks.

                  I have never submitted a spun article, or even an outsourced one, ever. I do write about the same subject matter, but my articles are always original and completely different from anything else I've written. I write good quality articles in general, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about getting dinged for re-writing.

                  On the plus side, I've been spending the time learning about adsense and have 3 new sites up, however it would be nice to be making money from clickbank again!

                  I think I'll do a little experimenting this time and go with CPA offers in addition to my clickbank products.

                  Thanks for making this thread Liam, I really needed this good news!

                  -Jon
                  You're welcome - I hope your CB sales come back stronger than ever
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1456812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    There is just so much subjectivity and arbitrariness involved in the whole process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silvervixen
    If you write your own articles, or you outsource your articles to someone who will write original articles to which you will have exclusive rights, you don't need to worry about the "crackdown."

    The crackdown was more about articles created by software and not by people. However, it doesn't appear to be working too well. As I said in another thread, I still see really bad articles that are obviously machine spun PLR being published.
    Signature
    Need High Quality Content? Visit: http://www.articleright.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1456726].message }}

Trending Topics