Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing

76 replies
Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
to calm down and read what i have to say.

Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
will do business....

I have seen so many ladies spending thousands from their head to toe
regardless of whether they have enough money and the best part is they
have quantities of the same type....

Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes
which some of them were never used.

Now you may ask what has women as a natural buyer got to do with
internet marketing?

While most gurus will hate me for revealing this secret, i'm going to reveal
it anyway.

Everyone visiting your website is a potential customer of your product and
the fastest way to make a sale is to gain trust and build relationship with
your reader.

And the easiest and best way to build instant trust with your reader is to ....
Tell them your own experiences of using the products, your problems and
give them the solutions.....

I know men can do that too.... but who do you think have a lot more products to
talk about?

And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?

They emulate them by going online to buy the same stuff....

Guys, do you do that here?

Any comments from you guys?
#chance #internet #marketing #success #women
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
    and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?
    Um, that is a very general statement. I don't follow any celebrities, and couldn't give a crap bout what fashion, dressing or hand bag is out there.

    Men are just as much "buyers" - but they just buy differently.

    I'm extremely logical with my buying choices as well.
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461738].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi Thomas,

      Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning
      I disagree strongly, and also think your reasoning is faulty (and unwise ;-)).

      Most women would like to have mutiple handbags, shoes etc, some of them do - but mainly those celebrities you refer to.

      Have you ever lived with a woman, Thomas? Or are you too young? (Just guessing, forgive the assumption, no slight intended.)

      If you have, you'll know that -

      a) they require multiple handbags - they carry 'life-saving' equipment in there - often for the whole family (have you ever seen a bloke carrying baby-wipes, tweezers or scissors?). When less of it is required, the suitcase on a strap can take a break

      b) they require multiple types of footwear -they can't look glamorous in dog walking boots, they can't (usually) go to work in stilettos and logical reasoning says it's better not to walk the dog in smart work shoes - the world has blessed us men with the easy way out - we can get away with multi-purpose stuff

      c) their logical reasoning is usually quite sound - especially when they are required to win an argument for peace and harmony to prevail in the world (try this one for logical reasoning (IE - blackmail that just works)- 'just buy the damn handbag, or you won't get what you really want later, and we'll also end up spending more time shopping - going back to that last place where the young, good-looking, exceedingly helpful male assistant made you feel really uncomfortable')

      d) on the whole, they are often better with money than most men

      And I'm a bloke, so there.

      (PS while you're concerned about men flaming you, be sure to check that your back isn't being toasted by the women.)

      PPS Personally, I find that shopping is like a military operation for both sexes. For women, the underlying mission is to view the whole marketplace before purchasing, devoting as much time as possible to it while enjoying every minute. For men it's truly resemblent of a military campaign - you want to spend as little time as possible 'in the field' - plan the mission, then get in, get the job done, and get out as quickly as possible before the football starts on TV. Speed is of the essence. There are always a few casualties in the field - you can pick up the sofa-throw next time you're out.
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461788].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post


        (PS while you're concerned about men flaming you, be sure to check that your back isn't being toasted by the women.)
        Quoted for truth.
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461853].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

        PPS Personally, I find that shopping is like a military operation for both sexes. For women, the underlying mission is to view the whole marketplace before purchasing, devoting as much time as possible to it while enjoying every minute. For men it's truly resemblent of a military campaign - you want to spend as little time as possible 'in the field' - plan the mission, then get in, get the job done, and get out as quickly as possible before the football starts on TV. Speed is of the essence. There are always a few casualties in the field - you can pick up the sofa-throw next time you're out.
        Ain't this the truth...

        Most of the women I know will lay plans that would make Patton's head spin when they go on a shopping trip. Their view is "theater of operations".

        Most of the men I know view shopping more like a guerrilla raid - get in, do some damage and get away clean.

        @Thomas - men can be just as much collectors of stuff - it's just different stuff. I think I have 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, all bought for a purpose. On the other hand, I've pared down to 27 fishing rods, also all bought for a purpose.

        My wife will look at me and say "You don't need another new fishing rod..."

        I grin and answer back "You're right, no one needs more than one new fishing rod..." Of course, when I do buy that new rod and reel, every other one I own becomes "one of my old ones."

        Edit:

        Sissy, Roger, Ernie (or whoever you people really are), thanks for the laugh. Good way to brighten a dreary Saturday morning.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheAtHomeCouple
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

        Hi Thomas,

        I disagree strongly, and also think your reasoning is faulty (and unwise ;-)).

        Most women would like to have mutiple handbags, shoes etc, some of them do - but mainly those celebrities you refer to.

        Have you ever lived with a woman, Thomas? Or are you too young? (Just guessing, forgive the assumption, no slight intended.)

        If you have, you'll know that -

        a) they require multiple handbags - they carry 'life-saving' equipment in there - often for the whole family (have you ever seen a bloke carrying baby-wipes, tweezers or scissors?). When less of it is required, the suitcase on a strap can take a break

        b) they require multiple types of footwear -they can't look glamorous in dog walking boots, they can't (usually) go to work in stilettos and logical reasoning says it's better not to walk the dog in smart work shoes - the world has blessed us men with the easy way out - we can get away with multi-purpose stuff

        c) their logical reasoning is usually quite sound - especially when they are required to win an argument for peace and harmony to prevail in the world (try this one for logical reasoning (IE - blackmail that just works)- 'just buy the damn handbag, or you won't get what you really want later, and we'll also end up spending more time shopping - going back to that last place where the young, good-looking, exceedingly helpful male assistant made you feel really uncomfortable')

        d) on the whole, they are often better with money than most men

        And I'm a bloke, so there.

        (PS while you're concerned about men flaming you, be sure to check that your back isn't being toasted by the women.)

        PPS Personally, I find that shopping is like a military operation for both sexes. For women, the underlying mission is to view the whole marketplace before purchasing, devoting as much time as possible to it while enjoying every minute. For men it's truly resemblent of a military campaign - you want to spend as little time as possible 'in the field' - plan the mission, then get in, get the job done, and get out as quickly as possible before the football starts on TV. Speed is of the essence. There are always a few casualties in the field - you can pick up the sofa-throw next time you're out.
        Dude - you guys are putting way too much thought into this. Women like to shop. Men like to shop. People like to shop.

        Whether or not they shop differently is like arguing the chicken or the egg...

        Everyone shops.

        The observers profit.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465593].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExRat
          Hi Sissy76,

          Original point -

          More women than men will experience poverty in their life and women are more likely to put their own needs far, far behind the needs of their family.
          Follow up -

          Uh-oh, seems like I lost my logic for a bit, must be in my handbag.
          I agree.

          Seriously, I don't see how my statement is sexist, nor bashing males in any way, shape or form.
          The reason I thanked tecHead was not because your statement was bashing or sexist, but because I believe that it's incorrect. And frankly, based on your original post in this thread it's quite telling that you now appear to be allowing emotion to over-ride logic.

          You have split your statement into two now and focused on the former. Regarding the former and your quote from Unifem.org, without going through it and picking apart each claim, I would suggest that it resembles 'spin' and is biased to the point that it is inaccurate and misleading.

          As for the latter -

          women are more likely to put their own needs far, far behind the needs of their family
          Your statement suggests that women are more likely to put their needs far behind the needs of the family more than men are. That's a sexist statement and one that I wholeheartedly disagree with. Do you care to offer any particular reasons why you think that this is 'likely'?

          Hi theathomecouple,

          Dude - you guys are putting way too much thought into this. Women like to shop. Men like to shop. People like to shop.

          Whether or not they shop differently is like arguing the chicken or the egg...

          Everyone shops.

          The observers profit.
          Dude/dudette,

          I disagree. I would suggest that you *haven't* put enough thought into it. I would also suggest that not putting enough thought into the things that you say is way more likely to make you look foolish than putting too much thought into it.

          Everyone shops.

          The observers profit
          It's that black and white? You only have to observe to profit? Everyone who observes profits? Those who don't observe don't profit, they just shop?

          Men like to shop. People like to shop.
          So I must be neither male, nor a person, as I don't like to shop.

          Meh.
          Signature


          Roger Davis

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author peetred
      Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

      Um, that is a very general statement. I don't follow any celebrities, and couldn't give a crap bout what fashion, dressing or hand bag is out there.

      Men are just as much "buyers" - but they just buy differently.

      I'm extremely logical with my buying choices as well.

      Ditto. You statement is very steriotypical. I could also say that men are naturally drawn to sports.. or men have a natural urge to work hard. :p Silly, isn't it?

      Obviously, not all men love sports and not all men like to work hard. Same with women. Welcome to real life variables.
      Signature

      [CENTER]Founder of Nerdy Millennial - a blog all about millennials sharing their passions, ideas, and expertise. We love to share our knowledge about blogging, healthy living, psychology, arts, culture, and more! Interested in contributing? Contact us to pitch your idea or submit an article.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sande
    Thank you so much ExRat. I really did not know what to say, but you got the words just right.

    @Thomashoi. If you want to sell crap because you think women are buying things around like chicken without heads then you are dead wrong. The bags, the shoes and the bling bling are things that we sometimes must have.

    Men are guilty of using family savings to buy their toys....And that is a very bad general statement I am making here.
    Signature
    How To Easily Achieve All Your Seemingly Unreachable Goals.No Matter How Disoriented You May Be Today! Goal realization made easy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi sande,

      I really did not know what to say
      I used to have that problem Through no choice of my own, I swapped ego for wrinkles of wisdom....and the full 90 minutes, rather than the just the highlights...(and I'm not just referring to football :-))
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461834].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JeffMitchell
        I am going to have to say yes...to pretty women in the industry..yes. Look at http://www.KatieFrieling.com Katie is an awesome marketer who has amassed incredible results in the mlm company with her company....and has again..amassed a huge following on her Youtube channel and her blog feed. Great for her...
        You take the guess.

        Every Female rockstar (I hear the boos) has been able to create their lifestyle from a male trainer....just look at the industry.

        It is great to say....look at monavie..billion dolllar company and the demographics show that 40+ year old women are the majority in the logins...(alexa)

        Women have power...this has been a male dominate industry for years...but the times are changing. Women are getting stronger and smarter(not that were not smart before) but they are getting more powerful.

        That is the rules of the game...be smarter and bring more value...women are doing it SOLID>..you can;t fault them for that.


        Jeff Mitchell
        Signature

        HELP NEEDED! My Mother And Her Brother have been taking care of the mother with the help of Hospice. He just had a Massive Heart Attack while taking a short vacation. My mother had to go to Florida from Indiana to be with her brother and is not financially stable from being off work to be with grandma. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. http://www.gofundme.com/vg5kt4c

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1461885].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sissy76
          Why hasn't this thread been reported and deleted for being so blatantly sexist?

          I don't come to the WF to read such generalised and sexist drivel.

          Honestly, women buy with out logic or reason? It's almost 2010 for crying out loud!

          What data is this presumption based on? Where's the proof? There is none because it's nothing more than an offensive stereotype which has no business here.

          Go peddle your sexist bull**** elsewhere.

          Sissy
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462022].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ExRat
            Hi Sissy,

            I agree with most of what you said.

            Why hasn't this thread been reported and deleted for being so blatantly sexist?
            Perhaps some people who think that way could learn from the responses?

            We have a lot of differing viewpoints on many subjects, but sometimes censorship does less to educate.
            Signature


            Roger Davis

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462028].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Sissy76
              Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

              Hi Sissy,

              I agree with most of what you said.



              Perhaps some people who think that way could learn from the responses?

              We have a lot of differing viewpoints on many subjects, but sometimes censorship does less to educate.
              Hi Roger,

              I completely agree with you, which is why I haven't reported this thread myself. It's just surprising to see such sexism here.

              Cheers,
              Sissy
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462040].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
            Chill out mate, leave the 'bitchin" to the women

            doesnt matter what year it is, the OP has a point, but it is a generalisaton better not posted, but let it go, no need to burst a bloood vessel over it.

            Originally Posted by Sissy76 View Post

            Why hasn't this thread been reported and deleted for being so blatantly sexist?

            I don't come to the WF to read such generalised and sexist drivel.

            Honestly, women buy with out logic or reason? It's almost 2010 for crying out loud!

            What data is this presumption based on? Where's the proof? There is none because it's nothing more than an offensive stereotype which has no business here.

            Go peddle your sexist bull**** elsewhere.

            Sissy
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462046].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kf
            Is the OP channelling Jack Nicholson here?


            --- Scene from As Good As It Gets when receptionists asks how he writes ---

            :rolleyes:
            Signature
            Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything. ~ Alexander Hamilton
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462055].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ExRat
              Hi Ernie,

              Chill out mate, leave the 'bitchin" to the women
              Is Sissy76 definitely a bloke? From the name, I would have presumed she was a woman - but as you're both Aussies, perhaps you know different?
              Signature


              Roger Davis

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462073].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
                Hi Exrat

                As usual I open my big mouth too fast without thinking..yeah it seems like Sissy is a girl, so that would explain why she got so offended.. oops

                Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

                Hi Ernie,

                Is Sissy76 definitely a bloke? From the name, I would have presumed she was a woman - but as you're both Aussies, perhaps you know different?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462105].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author grandstar
          Originally Posted by JeffMitchell View Post

          I am going to have to say yes...to pretty women in the industry..yes. Look at katiefrieling.com Katie is an awesome marketer who has amassed incredible results in the mlm company with her company....and has again..amassed a huge following on her Youtube channel and her blog feed. Great for her...
          You take the guess.

          Every Female rockstar (I hear the boos) has been able to create their lifestyle from a male trainer....just look at the industry.

          It is great to say....look at monavie..billion dolllar company and the demographics show that 40+ year old women are the majority in the logins...(alexa)

          Women have power...this has been a male dominate industry for years...but the times are changing. Women are getting stronger and smarter(not that were not smart before) but they are getting more powerful.

          That is the rules of the game...be smarter and bring more value...women are doing it SOLID>..you can;t fault them for that.


          Jeff Mitchell
          It really depends on the niche
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author csgcsg
    Women as internet marketer will have equal chance as men as it all depends on the niche and most people use pen name; you can be a woman or men on the internet.

    However if you are thinking that women spend more $$ on shopping online, yes I agree on that especially in the fashion, beauty and health niche.

    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
    to calm down and read what i have to say.

    Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
    Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
    if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
    will do business....

    I have seen so many ladies spending thousands from their head to toe
    regardless of whether they have enough money and the best part is they
    have quantities of the same type....

    Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes
    which some of them were never used.

    Now you may ask what has women as a natural buyer got to do with
    internet marketing?

    While most gurus will hate me for revealing this secret, i'm going to reveal
    it anyway.

    Everyone visiting your website is a potential customer of your product and
    the fastest way to make a sale is to gain trust and build relationship with
    your reader.

    And the easiest and best way to build instant trust with your reader is to ....
    Tell them your own experiences of using the products, your problems and
    give them the solutions.....

    I know men can do that too.... but who do you think have a lot more products to
    talk about?

    And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
    and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?

    They emulate them by going online to buy the same stuff....

    Guys, do you do that here?

    Any comments from you guys?
    Signature

    Let's Talk on Skype - charlesgregory
    MSN - clayssories@hotmail.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    I've seen stats on this...A higher percentage of women are successful with an online business...On the other hand, the men that succeed make more than the women that succeed.

    My own guess as to why this is, is like the old joke about how men won't stop and ask for directions. I think women generally do follow directions better, so this may give them the edge in numbers.

    However, since men are more likely to "do their own thing", they are both likely to fail more often, but when they do succeed they make more because they'll come up with something unique.

    Truth is, the Net is totally undiscriminating...You can be whoever you want to be. You don't need to reveal your sex, race, age, etc in the vast majority of cases, unless you want to.
    Signature
    Serious about Print on Demand? Discover how YOU can join my FREE exclusive secret alliance
    Plus how to get my Print on Demand Treasure Maps for FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi Kurt,

      Truth is, the Net is totally undiscriminating...You can be whoever you want to be. You don't need to reveal your sex, race, age, etc in the vast majority of cases, unless you want to.
      I think it's about time you came out of the closet, updated your avatar and revealed that you're actually Britney Spears.

      Regards,

      Beyonce.
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462158].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sissy76
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

        Hi Kurt,

        I think it's about time you came out of the closet, updated your avatar and revealed that you're actually Britney Spears.

        Regards,

        Beyonce.
        Yes guys, I am a woman - hear me roar!!

        And I do have a good sense of humour, however for too long sexism has continued under the guise of "humour", as have many other "isms".

        Anyways, back to my superstar lifestyle,

        The Queen of the ****ing Universe
        Madonna
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tush
    Everyone visiting your website is a potential customer of your product and
    the fastest way to make a sale is to gain trust and build relationship with
    your reader.
    I may not agree with most of your stuff but the truth is, most people find it easier to trust women than men. Since there are many scams, women may stand a better chance of winning this trust.....:rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michellegreen
    Sorry. Duplicate post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michellegreen
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post


    Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
    if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
    will do business....

    I have seen so many ladies spending thousands from their head to toe
    regardless of whether they have enough money and the best part is they
    have quantities of the same type....

    Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes
    which some of them were never used.

    Now you may ask what has women as a natural buyer got to do with
    internet marketing?

    And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
    and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?
    Uh, could somebody please mention this post to my husband? It seems things are a little mixed up in our household - or could it be that I'm a man who is married to a woman?????
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
    Care to back that up with any proof?
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    Gosh.. I think I need a female pen name, and use a picture of my wife..
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Single fellow, are you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1462940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    And men never buy pointless, useless things like fishing rods John, I couldn't resist that one.

    Men will try and justify buying the latest model car, or toy, or next IM product because they think they should. Take a look at wso and see the % of men buying compared to women buying.

    There are people who buy without thinking, and within IM it is normally men ... now you can flame me as well. :rolleyes:

    I hate shopping, I only shop when I have to and buy what I need.

    So Thomas, where's your proof ... needed today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MizzCindy
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    They are a natural buyer without reasoning!
    Dayum!

    I very much hope this is an ill-advised attempt at stirring some controversy for whatever misguided sort of exposure you think you're gonna get out of this.

    Otherwise, it just makes you look...well, certainly uninformed, to say the least!

    Are there women who buy mindlessly? You betcha! Are there men who buy mindlessly, too? Absolutely! (E-Whoring comes to mind.) But to say all women yadda yadda yadda (or all men yadda yadda yadda)...well, you get the picture. Or maybe you don't.

    Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
    to calm down and read what i have to say.
    Oh, don't worry about the men. Worry about me and those like me. Female marketers who are on their way to world domination through IM and who won't be doing business with those who think like you.

    Not only won't they do business with you, they won't buy from you, JV with you, share resources or info or knowledge with you, etc. But they will be sure to tell all their 'fellow' female marketing friends about you.

    Cheers,
    Cindy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hack_Cash
      Your right, women are so important for the IM business. I myself know women owning like 20 handbags but having only 2 hands..

      I think websites specialized on women have a good potential.
      I bought a website last year all about handbags. It has a easy to remember domain name. Can't tell it here I guess (because I don't want to be banned for spam) but it's like handbag.???

      I believe that women also like to type a website url directly into the browser instead of doing a search engine search.

      So yes there is not much business going on without us

      Aanandi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
    to calm down and read what i have to say.

    Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
    Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
    if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
    will do business....

    I have seen so many ladies spending thousands from their head to toe
    regardless of whether they have enough money and the best part is they
    have quantities of the same type....

    Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes
    which some of them were never used.

    Now you may ask what has women as a natural buyer got to do with
    internet marketing?

    While most gurus will hate me for revealing this secret, i'm going to reveal
    it anyway.

    Everyone visiting your website is a potential customer of your product and
    the fastest way to make a sale is to gain trust and build relationship with
    your reader.

    And the easiest and best way to build instant trust with your reader is to ....
    Tell them your own experiences of using the products, your problems and
    give them the solutions.....

    I know men can do that too.... but who do you think have a lot more products to
    talk about?

    And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
    and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?

    They emulate them by going online to buy the same stuff....

    Guys, do you do that here?

    Any comments from you guys?

    Yeah, my comment is that your original post is laden with pure chauvenism and generalized nonsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DPSikes
    According to Fara Warner, a business journalist and author of the book "The Power of the Purse," women make 80% of all buying decisions and control $7 trillion in purchasing power.

    So, as a marketer, your first question shouldn't be, "Handbags? Shoes? Is that a logical purchase?"

    But rather, "What are they buying and how can I get in on the money exchange?"

    Think about it...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shana_Adam
    Yes being a non-shopper, I am a relegated dissident and as a shopping outcast.

    Women buy first and think later - i have countless friends who are in debt yet they always find money to buy that expensive pair of shoes as a pick me up treat that is I deserve it.

    pleasure first pain later
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmurtha
    thomashoi,

    Oh hockey puck lol!

    That's a crock of crap. I guess the men don't buy for the women or buy tools and other gadgets?

    Let's take the IM market for instance. Do you honestly believe that it is mostly women who do the buying? I know I don't - at least not from the results I'm seeing in my list and paypal account after someone buys a product.

    Sure women buy handbags, women's clothing, household things, ect ... But I bet half of what they buy are bought simple for family members out of their wants and needs. Think about it for a minute. Husbands very rarely like to shop for their own stuff, and in many cases their wives will pick the stuff up. The same thing can be said for the kids and household things.

    Anyway, I think you need to get more facts before you make statements like this one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terri LC
      Thomashoi? Did you Post n' Run??

      Today, the buzz in the business world swarms around marketing to women and the importance of reaching out to female consumers in a way that's both authentic and profitable. Women are majority consumers:

      Approximately 80 cents of every consumer dollar in the U.S. is either directly spent or influenced by a woman.

      In addition to the traditional female categories of spending, women are responsible for more than 50% of all do-it-yourself purchases, 51% of consumer electronics, 89% of bank accounts, and 80% of healthcare.

      The rate of women-owned business startups is growing at three times the rate of other startups in the U.S.

      Any effective marketing-to-women campaign has to aim beyond the typical "paint it pink" strategies so many companies utilize. In today's market, women are demanding acknowledgment as individual consumers rather than an amorphous mass of females.

      Roy H. Williams has 2-day seminars on how to market to women.

      It would be great if you could give women a little more credit than you did!

      Cheers,
      Terri
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
    to calm down and read what i have to say.

    Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
    Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
    if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
    will do business....

    I have seen so many ladies spending thousands from their head to toe
    regardless of whether they have enough money and the best part is they
    have quantities of the same type....

    Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes
    which some of them were never used.

    Now you may ask what has women as a natural buyer got to do with
    internet marketing?

    While most gurus will hate me for revealing this secret, i'm going to reveal
    it anyway.

    Everyone visiting your website is a potential customer of your product and
    the fastest way to make a sale is to gain trust and build relationship with
    your reader.

    And the easiest and best way to build instant trust with your reader is to ....
    Tell them your own experiences of using the products, your problems and
    give them the solutions.....

    I know men can do that too.... but who do you think have a lot more products to
    talk about?

    And because women are natural buyers, they almost follow all the celebrities daily
    and find out their fashion, dressing, handbags, shoes etc... and what they do with it?

    They emulate them by going online to buy the same stuff....

    Guys, do you do that here?

    Any comments from you guys?
    All I have to say is "What a load of @!%#!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1463987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mya
    OMG!! this is ridiculous!

    reading through this I couldn't help thinking about Jay Leno and all his cars.
    I bet his wife uses her handbags more often than he drives his cars.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464518].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
      Success in business is due to a combination of many different factors, both in terms of the enterpreneur and the marketplace. Even if the statements about the psychology of women buyers versus men buyers were true (I think the reality is closer to BOTH genders make emotional decisions and then use logic to back them up), that would still only be one factor that could potentially contribute to success.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Before all the men in this forum flame me for this, i would like you
    to calm down and read what i have to say......

    Any comments from you guys?
    Well yes, I DO have a comment but I'm afraid that if I were to post it I'd be banned from the forum for use of obscene language!

    It is absolutely amazing that in this day and age someone could harbor such Neanderthal thoughts. I assume that the OP has slithered back under the rock that he lives under, otherwise what is the explanation for his lack of response after stirring up the flames the way he did?

    The last 100 years have seen women break through every stereotypical piece of typecasting that they have been subjected to for centuries. They are world leaders, captains of industry and commerce, sports and entertainment stars, scientists and space explorers. In every field imaginable there are a myriad of examples of women excelling and proving themselves every bit the equal of their male counterparts.

    The OP is correct in one small thing - some women do indeed make excellent Internet Marketers. And so do some men. The women on this forum who have succeeded in Internet marketing did not accomplish this because of their gender. They succeeded the same way any successful marketer did - they learned the trade, applied their skills, persevered and achieved results.

    But to classify all women as frivolous spenders who have an inborn ability to shop is utter nonsense.

    Thomashoi, welcome to the 21st century. I suspect it will be a difficult transition for you, as you obviously have a lot to learn. I would be interested to see if you ever post a response - or perhaps you can't because the Internet access in the cave you dwell in isn't very good.

    Bill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emily Meeks
    Sooooooooo... women buy material things without logic or reason, and therefore will be more successful in IM. Yeah you make a lot of sense.
    Signature

    In all that you do, know your True INTENT...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464845].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Brock
      He does have a very valid point though, and to deny that just because you label it 'sexist' is like leaving money on the table.

      Women DO buy tons of shoes...no one can disagree with that.

      Women buy tons of handbags...no secret there.

      Women buy tons of cloths as well...

      Not all of them, but I am willing to bet there are more than not.

      Guys buy a lot of shoes too. Again, I'd bet there are less men out there with massive shoe collections than there are women.

      Women love to shop - it's a stereotype, but stereotypes exist for a reason...

      Women also represent the majority of the purchasing on the internet.

      So there is merit to his point. Maybe a little generalized, but still true...

      And the comment about women having a better shot than a man does at selling online also makes some sort of sense.

      I'm sure a woman could write a better review on some pumps better than I ever could...

      Women buy and use goods made for women...so therefore they will have a much better chance at connecting with a female reader.
      Signature
      Clickbank #1 Best Seller: The Deadbeat Super Affiliate.
      Click here to learn how to make money online in your bath robe and gym socks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464867].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Single fellow, are you?
        I think there's more than one in this thread that have "living with a woman" on their "to do" list.
        Signature
        Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NyceGuy
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post


    Why Women Have A Better Chance of Success in Internet Marketing?
    Answer: They are a natural buyer without reasoning!

    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning and that's why i say that
    if there's no women in this world, everyday will be recessions and nobody
    will do business....
    I would say that this has an element of validity, but so so arguable.

    Generally, most marketers are making a ton of money from the reality indicated on this thread.
    If you are a female and you are defying this reality, then you are among the few percentage in the society that shop LOGICALLY.
    The largest percentage of women shoppers shop EMOTIONALLY.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Brock
      Originally Posted by NyceGuy View Post

      If you are a female and you are defying this reality, then you are among the few percentage in the society that shop LOGICALLY.
      The largest percentage of women shoppers shop EMOTIONALLY.
      I think that pretty much sums up with the OP was trying to state. I agree with it too.

      Not saying that men don't buy emotionally either...
      Signature
      Clickbank #1 Best Seller: The Deadbeat Super Affiliate.
      Click here to learn how to make money online in your bath robe and gym socks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sissy76
        I cannot believe the amount of crap that this thread continues to produce.

        Women are more likely to buy emotionally, without logic or reason - complete and utter crap!

        EVERYONE makes emotionally based purchases - look at how many surfboards Frank Kern has, he openly admits that they are primarily emotional purchases. Last time I looked, he was (and I presume, still is) a man.

        Not only is the origin of this thread sexist, it's also incredibly ethnocentric. There are millions of women living in poverty around the world, who have never had the opportunity to buy anything other than the bare necessities for the survival of their families.

        More women than men will experience poverty in their life and women are more likely to put their own needs far, far behind the needs of their family.

        So lets be clear, this thread is generalising about a specific kind of woman, from a specific culture, with a certain level of economic autonomy, who sometimes makes emotional purchases.

        Do not stereotype all women with this offensive and sexist notion that women are illogical creatures with little sense of economic responsibility. That is an affliction which crosses both genders.

        Sissy
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gclunis
    I agree that women can have some advantages in Internet Marketing. However I strongly disagree with your reasons. For example, if a woman is willing to use her body to improve converts then she will have an advantage over males in that niche. Also if a woman is in the make up niche then she will have an advantage over MOST guys. However the same goes for guys, if a guy is in body building niche they should have an advantage over MOST girls assuming they know something about working out. So saying that all women have an advantage over all males in every niche is just a ridiculous generalization that really should not have been made.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rachel Rofe
    Couldn't your point be used against you?

    If you can sell well via telling stories of your experience with an item, then if men buy less (not saying I agree or disagree), then wouldn't a man have more positive reasons to go through, versus "I felt like it"?

    For example, if they were promoting a certain golf club or something - according to you, they would have more rationale to buy it, hence more to say to potential buyers...

    In any case, I think there are lots of ways to succeed in this industry whether male, female, pretty, not pretty, old, not old...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1464969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tecHead
    More women than men will experience poverty in their life and women are more likely to put their own needs far, far behind the needs of their family.
    c'mon, now... that's just as sexist as the OP. You seem to be articulate enough to make your point without bashing the male species in retaliation.
    Signature
    Learn Everything You Need to Know About CryptoCurrencies
    Automation is the primary conduit to successful relaxation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sissy76
      Originally Posted by tecHead View Post

      c'mon, now... that's just as sexist as the OP. You seem to be articulate enough to make your point without bashing the male species in retaliation.
      Uh-oh, seems like I lost my logic for a bit, must be in my handbag.

      Seriously, I don't see how my statement is sexist, nor bashing males in any way, shape or form.

      Unlike the OP, I can back-up my statement with numerous credible sources, as there's a wealth of data on the status of women throughout the world.

      FYI...

      Women, Poverty & Economics
      Women bear a disproportionate burden of the world's poverty. Statistics indicate that women are more likely than men to be poor and at risk of hunger because of the systematic discrimination they face in education, health care, employment and control of assets. Poverty implications are widespread for women, leaving many without even basic rights such as access to clean drinking water, sanitation, medical care and decent employment. Being poor can also mean they have little protection from violence and have no role in decision making.

      According to some estimates, women represent 70 percent of the world's poor. They are often paid less than men for their work, with the average wage gap in 2008 being 17 percent. Women face persistent discrimination when they apply for credit for business or self-employment and are often concentrated in insecure, unsafe and low-wage work. Eight out of ten women workers are considered to be in vulnerable employment in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, with global economic changes taking a huge toll on their livelihoods.


      Source: Women, Poverty & Economics - Gender Issues - UNIFEM

      Over and out

      Sissy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465590].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tecHead
        Originally Posted by Sissy76 View Post

        ...
        Seriously, I don't see how my statement is sexist, nor bashing males in any way, shape or form.

        Unlike the OP, I can back-up my statement with numerous credible sources, as there's a wealth of data on the status of women throughout the world.

        ...

        Over and out

        Sissy
        Sissy,

        No disrespect intended, but making a generalized statement in regard to any gender is by definition sexist.

        Main Entry: sex·ism
        Pronunciation: ˈsek-ˌsi-zəm
        Function: noun
        Etymology: 1sex + -ism (as in racism)
        Date: 1968
        1 : prejudice or discrimination based on sex; especially : discrimination against women
        2 : behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex
        -- sex·ist ˈsek-sist adjective or noun

        I hi-lite the phrase "especially: discrimination against women" because I agree (with you) that the OP is sexist and somewhat offensive, in nature. Yet, I'm (hopefully) sure the OPer didn't mean that to be their intent.


        As for your reference plug; there's data available that can support just about any claim. All one has to do is look. Until I see a statistic that has actually surveyed all 6.7billion+ humans on this Earth; I won't put much weight on such suggestive statements.



        My point is that making generalized claims from a stance of pseudo authority about any gender is sexist; just like any generalized statement about any ethnic group is racist.


        As ExRat eluded to, (and why I think the above definition is fitting to the majority of this thread -- not just you); your statement is discriminating against a LOT of men who DO put themselves far behind the needs of their families. (i.e.: single Fathers).


        Judge not less ye be judged.


        PLP,
        tecHead
        Signature
        Learn Everything You Need to Know About CryptoCurrencies
        Automation is the primary conduit to successful relaxation
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning
    This is a statement which truly shows you don't understand women AT ALL.

    Its not about whether "in reality" women buy "without logic", rather men's inability to see their logic since men <--> women logic differs.

    Simpler: If your women buys a new handbag (even if she has already five) she might very well have a reason, regardless whether you understand her reasoning or not.

    If i go out and buy a new part for my PC or buy whatever else - this does NOT always have "logic" in it either. (I don't need to upgrade my PC and i don't need a $400 graphics card, but i still want it....against any "logic"). So what?

    Edit: This is actually quite interesting, but i dont think this has anything to do with logic (on both sides) but rather what actually satisfies a buyer.

    While i personally would never spend $1000s on jewelery and i would rather buy something else, it might be very well the case that a women would rather chose that diamond necklace or new clothes over that big screen tv. It's just that we men (often) cant understand their logic...but its better not to attempt to understand it since their thinking IS different and you might just end up crazy trying to understand them some times. And of course the same thing the other way around
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JackPowers
    I think women are more subject to their emotions, where men are more subject to logical reasoning. There being many excemptions for both of course. It doesn't seem controversial to me?

    Really, one is not 'better' or more valid than the other. One of the few things I learned when I studied game theory is that it's the 'perceived' value that is important.

    I think, yes, too many people here are giving the OP a hard time. I have met many women who love the PROCESS of buying something just as much as buying the item itself and I have met many women who are completely the opposite. But the purchase is sort of like the 'climax' for some women. While for men the purchase is THE goal.

    But you must agree, that there's a big difference in how to sell to men and women? It's not for no reason that a product page aimed at men is filled with stats and specifications, that only 5% would ever care about. You don't see that much on salespages for women. Here it's often more a personal story, something to relate to emotionally.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cherylwright
    You're very game, Thomashoi, and very badly informed too.

    Crazy guy...




    Cheryl
    Signature

    Learn to write effectively - for all areas of your business. Click here now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patricia1
    Typical, blatant sexism. Men humph! they're all the same, blinded by their own ignorance.

    Oh dear! Am I being sexist?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dtrainer
    I would say ladies are spending and wasting money more without blinking or thinking about. Most of them have itchy fingers and just buy thinking like oh this is sweet or it looks nice I need it haha.
    Signature

    Is your computer running slow? So was mine, but I fixed it in a few minutes. Visit

    http://therightwaytosuccess.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dtrainer
    I agree with you when it comes to the part that women are natural buyers
    Signature

    Is your computer running slow? So was mine, but I fixed it in a few minutes. Visit

    http://therightwaytosuccess.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      There are only two groups of people who can claim that they truly understand women...

      Other women and

      Liars

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466345].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        There are only two groups of people who can claim that they truly understand women...

        Other women and

        Liars

        Actually most women I know say they don't understand women either.

        To repeat what I said eariler, I think the OP's premise is fundamentally flawed. One, because there are MANY factors that determine one's success in business/internet marketing. Even if what he were saying about buying psychology were true, there would still be many other factors to consider.

        The other reason is that both men AND women buy based on emotion and use logic to justify their emotional decision. This is one of the basic rules of writing copy. You appeal to emotion AND logic.

        Look at all those beer commercials where the message is implied that if you drink a certain brand of beer, you'll be instantly transformed into this irrresistible chick magnet and a dozen supermodels will appear out of nowhere and start fighting over you.

        Is there anything logical in believing that a certain brand of beer will lead to this scenario?

        Or what about those "DUDE, I got ripped in 30 days!" ads you see everywhere now. Is getting "ripped" a logical need? It's not even "DUDE, I got healthy in 30 days!" They're appealing to the guy's desire to be attractive to the opposite sex (or same sex as the case may be) and to be respected by other guys.

        Is that appealing to a logical need or an emotional one?

        The only areas where I think purchasing decisions are mostly logical are things like certain B2B items and certain types of technology and equipment. If you're ordering a specific size of widget for manufacturing purposes, then yes, that might come down to a purely logical decision.

        Aside from that, both sexes use emotion and logic when purchasing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
    Never mind the men on this forum getting ruffled, this was a pretty sexist remark about women's inability to think logically and control their impulse buying.

    Empirically untrue.

    Women control the purse strings in many households due to more responsible habits--and I know more than a handful of instances where men spend more than they earn on electronic equipment, $800 history books, cars and so on. They also buy more food than they can eat and let it rot in the fridge (to be fair women do that too--and it's a pet peeve of mine haha!).

    If you look at the statistics...women are not deeper in debt than men are. Which basically undermines your premise.
    Signature

    ~Suzanne Ryan


    If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Creative Thinker
    Men buy less stuff, but they cost like hell (Say, German SUVs).
    Women buy a lot of stuff but the overall expenditure is a little less than men.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Regarding the main question started in this thread. I have been with the same Internet Education Company for 2 years now and around 80% of men are the Top Earners. The women have the exact same tools, I think men are bigger risk takers and serial Entrepreneurs, many women are looking for security of a steady paycheck.
    Do you agree ladies?
    Signature

    Learn to become Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing Consultant to Business Owners
    Click here to learn more - Internet, Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466460].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dave147
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466571].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ExRat
        Hi sdentrepreneur,

        What we need to know is what is the ratio of men VS women in the course?

        For example, if there were only 2 women and 50000 men, then the 80% would suggest poor performance from the men.

        I do think there's some truth in this -

        I think men are bigger risk takers and serial Entrepreneurs, many women are looking for security of a steady paycheck
        ...perhaps, because (in general) they're more sensible?

        And it can't be avoided that in general men have traditionally taken a hunter/gatherer role, whereas women have traditionally taken a nurturer/child-rearing role - talking relatively, over the course of human history (not just the last 100 years). This could have a conditioning effect, and it is one that correlates with the example you presented - (men>risks, women>security).
        Signature


        Roger Davis

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
      Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      I think men are bigger risk takers and serial Entrepreneurs, many women are looking for security of a steady paycheck.
      Do you agree ladies?
      I think this is a valid point. It's something I see even with women entrepreneurs getting stuck in a box. I think I personally have a risk taking mindset but lack the linear thinking to get from A to Z.

      I likely need to team up with male entrepreneurs and start breathing it in by osmosis. :-)

      All that said, I've seen some AMAZING businesswomen who see the big picture and will do whatever it takes to reach their goal. They are the exception though...maybe not the rule.
      Signature

      ~Suzanne Ryan


      If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466724].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
      Originally Posted by MichaelHiles View Post

      Everyone generalizes.
      That is such an everyone-ist statement
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel E Taylor
    Actually I see what the OP was trying to say, but
    he wasn't quite accurate.

    You find women are MUCH better with finances with men.

    Which is why they make great assistants, Secretary, etc...

    Because they are great with organization.

    Women do shop more than men. ALOT more. I mean that's not
    even an arguement. But we all buy on emotion. Who doesn't?

    Who do you think sits and watches the home shopping network
    all day and buys stuff?

    The biggest difference between men and women is women are
    actually MORE logical when it comes to buying because they
    will actually shop around, find the lowest price, etc...

    Men have the tendancy to want to get it over with as quickly
    as possible.

    "Hey I want that 60' TV. Charge it"

    Even tho the sh*t is half that price up the street.
    We could care less.

    This doesn't make women any better at internet marketing.

    Because it's something that takes education and dedication
    regardless of what sex you are.

    Daniel
    Signature

    Self Actualization is one's true purpose. Everything
    else is an illusion.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1466770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi Daniel,

      You find women are MUCH better with finances with men.

      Which is why they make great assistants, Secretary, etc...

      Because they are great with organization.
      Warning - incendiary device activated.
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Dotcom Hippie
    Seriously. Internet marketing is WAY too complex and varied to warrant an argument that either sex is at an advantage here. I'm not saying gender differences don't come into play at all. They obviously do - women and men do tend to be a little different, after all. However, at the end of the day, whether you're successful or not is going to be decided by a whole lot of things - few of which have anything to do with whether you were born a boy or a girl.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467332].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
      Originally Posted by The Dotcom Hippie View Post

      Seriously. Internet marketing is WAY too complex and varied to warrant an argument that either sex is at an advantage here. I'm not saying gender differences don't come into play at all. They obviously do - women and men do tend to be a little different, after all. However, at the end of the day, whether you're successful or not is going to be decided by a whole lot of things - few of which have anything to do with whether you were born a boy or a girl.
      Exactly. Well said.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsmpublishing
    Hi guys

    if you want to add to this debate what about grandparents for being quick buyers.

    I have several of them on my mailing list that will buy in less than 20 seconds on my sales page and will buy every single product without question.

    us women though do tend to buy on impulse though.

    kind regards


    sam
    X
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by thomashoi View Post

    Take for example, most ladies will have a number of handbags, wallets, shoes which some of them were never used.
    There may be no reasoning behind a woman's purchases if you are a man, but just try carrying a purple handbag while wearing a lime green outfit and you'll see the reasoning behind having more than one of fashion accessories.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    I read this, "Yes, women buy without any logical reasoning" and decided to not read the rest of the thread because you're probably just going to get your ass kicked six ways to Sunday over those kinds of comments.

    I don't think I could take the pain I'd be feeling if I were in your shoes...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Peters Benn
    Shocking thread. Glad Roger waded in!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MR.MOE
    I think both sexes have the sam chance

    Moe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467511].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      Clearly there are several single men in this thread. By the looks, they are likely to stay that way, too.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467610].message }}

Trending Topics