"You Know How I Know You're Faking It?..."

129 replies
Last night I was watching "The 40-Year Old Virgin" on cable and they had this ongoing joke throughout the movie where one guy would say to the other "You know how I know you're gay?..." (I guess you have to see it to understand).

After the movie I was chatting to a fellow marketer and we started talking about people who are obviously trying to "fake it until they make it" in Internet Marketing. Then we started joking back and forth - "You know how I know you're faking it?..."

I thought that would be a funny thread at the very least if not eye-opening and related to making money.

So I'll start it off and others can keep it going or let it die:

You know how I know you're faking it?

Because you made $1,000 one day and now you're running WSOs saying you make $1,000 per day.
  • Profile picture of the author hotftuna
    That $1k in one day likely took months of list building as well as an investment of cash.

    I don't mind those claims because anyone that has been around IM for a while knows how to read it.
    Signature
    HeDir.com ranks #1 for "human edited web directory"


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel E Taylor
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because I click the link in your sig and your sales letter looks like
    straight crap.

    Daniel
    Signature

    Self Actualization is one's true purpose. Everything
    else is an illusion.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Daniel E Taylor View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Because I click the link in your sig and your sales letter looks like
      straight crap.

      Daniel
      Dan, that made not be a 100% sure sign. My sales pages look like worse
      than crap, but I build relationships and do other things that make up for
      my 5th grade sales pages look.

      So I can't say I 100% agree with this, though I am sure in many cases,
      the sales pages probably do tell quite a story.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Dan, that made not be a 100% sure sign. My sales pages look like worse
        than crap, but I build relationships and do other things that make up for
        my 5th grade sales pages look.

        So I can't say I 100% agree with this, though I am sure in many cases,
        the sales pages probably do tell quite a story.
        Sales letters are long, drawn out and geared to 'hypnotize" the buyer. i use to use them had all the triggers etc but now i just write them the way i want to and i do ok..if you went to my sales page it is not long well not too long but it has some triggers. when i first started out this year i got ripped off that's how i got into IM my first introduction.welcome to the world of IM since then i have pushed on trained myself released 2 products and now a membership site but i want customers to make a decision based on the quality of my offer not the "hit words" that make them panic i may be rather new to IM but not to business i ran a successful offline computer tech biz until my wife got deathly ill at that point i moved us to a small town to help her relax and take the stress away from the city and had to make a transition i chose IM but it was a hypnotic sales letter that got me so i refuse to use them. i choose to "stand out" so to speak.

        I would know your a fake if you make any claim that i can make xxxx dollars in a day week month or year i would immediately assume your a scammer. why? well for one thing that is how i got sucked in to begin with telling me of some ridiculous conversion rate and then after thousands of hits i had nothing to show for it. i relied on what i was told however. i snapped out of it so to speak because the fact is the only stable real way to generate income online is to apply yourself network trial and error i have made my share of mistakes and you just have to chalk it up as a lesson learned and carry on i am like an ice breaker instead of going around the burg i go right through it.but to promise people can make anything at all is a lie and a sure sign to me your a scammer faker con . you will never see my name attached to anything like that. Integrity b4 profit. in my offline business i ran i gained a respectable rep in my field and i will do so online as well but no one is going to hand you the keys the car and drive it too success is up to you .period.
        -WD
        Signature

        "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
        Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468363].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Josh Anderson
      I know you're faking it because I click the link in your sig that says "Learn how to dominate traffic" and it leads to a blog that has one post that says "Hello World."
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael_nguyen
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you tried doctoring up your clickbank images and forgot to colour code them correctly!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467603].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Because shortly after I saw your WSO about how to build a huge list, you were asking (in another section) how to get your list past your 1,200 subscriber plateau.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WritingMadwoman
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    Last night I was watching "The 40-Year Old Virgin" on cable and they had this ongoing joke throughout the movie where one guy would say to the other "You know how I know you're gay?..." (I guess you have to see it to understand).
    LOL Love that movie.

    One clear sign of faking it is when a person asks basic beginner questions, yet their sig claims to have the very answers they seek. :rolleyes:

    Wendy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author imon32red
      Originally Posted by WritingMadwoman View Post

      LOL Love that movie.

      One clear sign of faking it is when a person asks basic beginner questions, yet their sig claims to have the very answers they seek. :rolleyes:

      Wendy
      My thoughts exactly. It always amazes me when I read the signature of someone who joined yesterday, has two posts, and their signature line has a link telling you how to make a million dollars.
      Signature
      I'm not selling anything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467632].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WritingMadwoman
        Originally Posted by imon32red View Post

        My thoughts exactly. It always amazes me when I read the signature of someone who joined yesterday, has two posts, and their signature line has a link telling you how to make a million dollars.
        Yes! AND they post a sob story about how they are getting evicted and need $2000 by midnight tonight. Not to make fun of someone's hardship - that part I can sympathize with because sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. BUT to have some miracle system promoted in the sig at the same time...just a little too ironic.

        Wendy
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467642].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      .....because you @#$% stole my content and using it as your own! To make matters worse, you even cited you were making the exact amount of money as I was....down to the penny! lmao
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pheonix44
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you're asking how to make 2000.00$ in the next two weeks, but your sig says "newbies, do you want to make 4000.00$ per month starting NOW?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YanKirby
    lol this is fun. I know some light minded marketers would find this one interesting.

    I'll get back to this thread in a when I can think of something. Definitely following this thread. Awesome ron!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You NEVER tell me you screwed up, made a mistake, lost money, or didn't know what you were doing.

    Even the big boys have bad days. If you're not having any, chances are you're not having good days either.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Hitson
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You ask how to go from 2 to 3 sales day to more BUT you signature says Make an Extra $500 to $5000 a month.
    Signature
    "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody"
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MR.MOE
    Haha I watched it today it was awesome and hilarious


    Moe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoGetta
    Haha, Ron, when I read the thread title, I thought of the "You Know How I Know Your Gay?" - What A Film!

    Ok to play along!

    You Know How I Know You're Fakin It?

    Because


    "You are reading this thread panicking that your username got mentioned!"

    On the real though:

    "You claim to make 5 figures a month with 2 hours work, yet you sell a WSO with your techniques for $1!"



    GoGetta
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you have the mindset of a scorned customer - always complaining about the "gurus" doing things to you like sending too many emails, having aggressive upsells, or charging too much for their products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      It always amazes me when I read the signature of someone who joined yesterday, has two posts, and their signature line has a link telling you how to make a million dollars.
      I have to disagree with this one. Just because someone is new to the Warrior Forum does not mean they are new to marketing. I know we have a tendency to think of the WF as the entire IM world but it really is just a small corner of it overall. When their posts contradict that signature, as others have mentioned, then it becomes a sign of faking it, though.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ebizman87
      Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post


      Because you have the mindset of a scorned customer - always complaining about the "gurus" doing things to you like sending too many emails, having aggressive upsells, or charging too much for their products.
      I don't mind COMPLAINING and being regarded as guy with "a scorned customer's mindset":

      If the GURU send me an email with an affiliate LINK everyday..

      If the GURU blatantly PROMOTES product without even trying it himself..

      If the GURU promotes 2 different products with same function in 2 weeks time.An example would be a keyword researcher bot.

      If the GURU sells an OUTDATED product that's pretty OLDER than MOST WSO

      If the GURU tries to USE some STUPID psychology TRICKS that WON'T work at all..
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darrin_cooper
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you have testimonials that make no sense on your sales page:
    Testimonials like:
    1. This product is complete "GOLD", I made $10 grand my first month" -- However, the product just launched two days ago.
    2. High income claims that make no sense -$10,000 monthly -- However, when you actually go through the persons product, they had actual expenses of $9,999 & that was with borrowed funds.
    3. You have images of a supposed million dollar home on your sales page saying you own it -- However: 1.) It's not even built yet, 2.) It's rented
    4. As of December 1st, saying: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL
    Signature
    Material Galz - Drinking Milkshakes so you don't have to. | What's The Blog Circus? | Make Money For Halloween | $44 Custom Mini-Sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shana_Adam
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because the flashing Bing bling words used on your WSO is brighter than the message itself.

    Also the headline uses SMS style language - so you must be a third grader lol
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because the numbers in your earnings screenshot/video don't make any sense at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hyaku_Man
      You know you're faking it when you only work in the IM niche.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467796].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoshuaG
        You know how I know your faking it?

        In your screencast videos you read from a script instead of speaking knowledge from your heart.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    You know how I know your faking it?

    On your site you show your mansion, your yacht and your ferrari - but your site looks like utter ***p. In addition you dont even have a real email adress and use yahoo as your business email




    You know how I know your faking it?


    You say you make a quadrillion dollars each day - but you use an *.info domain because they're cheaper.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by darrin_cooper View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      3. You have images of a supposed million dollar home on your sales page saying you own it -- However: 1.) It's not even built yet, 2.) It's rented
      Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

      You know how I know your faking it?

      On your site you show your mansion, your yacht and your ferrari - but your site looks like utter ***p. In addition you dont even have a real email adress and use yahoo as your business email
      You know how I know your faking it?

      Because just off-camera, I'm standing on my balcony calling the cops and yelling at you to get your damned rental Porsche out of my driveway! :p:p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467942].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        You know how I know your faking it?

        Because just off-camera, I'm standing on my balcony calling the cops and yelling at you to get your damned rental Porsche out of my driveway! :p:p
        John,
        Was this the guy in your drive way?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467949].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
          Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

          John,
          Was this the guy in your drive way?
          Careful there Mayo. Besides The 40 Year Old Virgin, I also watched the movie "Taken" last night and saw pops kick 93 asses in a combined 3 1/2 minutes. I have his technique down pat.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468135].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
            Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

            Careful there Mayo. Besides The 40 Year Old Virgin, I also watched the movie "Taken" last night...
            Sorry Ron, I uploaded the wrong mugshot...Umm, I mean photo.

            John, Was this the guy in your drive way?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468228].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tom B
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

              Sorry Ron, I uploaded the wrong mugshot...Umm, I mean photo.

              John, Was this the guy in your drive way?

              Dangit Mayo. I saved for 4 years to hire that porsche and pay the strippers for that video and you had to blow it for me.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470828].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
          Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post

          John,
          Was this the guy in your drive way?
          LOL...man that was funny

          Ron I think Michael had you there and with the numbers too..

          K here's my pet peeve..

          You know how I know you're faking it...

          You make you're first few post about making 1000+ all by yourself in a week by writing 100 articles per day everyday, creating 100 web 2.0 properties for each article, sending each article in 1000 directories, social bookmarking 1000 directories and 100 web 2.0 sites, submitting rss to another 1000 rss aggregators...
          and then after a few "congratz" reply you'll say "I'll post a WSO on this".

          Funny thing is the account creation alone would take you a week..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468412].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author peetred
            Originally Posted by rapidscc View Post


            Funny thing is the account creation alone would take you a week..
            Not with automation tools

            This one is a tribute to something I saw today, and maybe you did, too

            "You know how I know you're fakin it?"

            You post on your blog how most WSOs are unoriginal, rehashed content.. and at the bottom of your post you are promoting a product that is unoriginal, rehashed content.
            Signature

            [CENTER]Founder of Nerdy Millennial - a blog all about millennials sharing their passions, ideas, and expertise. We love to share our knowledge about blogging, healthy living, psychology, arts, culture, and more! Interested in contributing? Contact us to pitch your idea or submit an article.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468459].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JoeCool
              You Know How I Know You're Faking It?

              When you post three different WSOs on three different money making "methods" in one week, then pay to bump each one as soon as it hits page two.

              Sumpin' tells me you're spending more time, and making more money off your WSOs, than on the "methods" you are hawking.


              Best Regards,
              ~ JoeCool

              P.S. And oh yeah, you email my PayPal address three more times that first week with two more of your "methods" and an affiliate link to someone else's product. FAIL!
              Signature

              My Favorite Charity .:: www.Unitus.com ::. Helping Third World Entrepreneurial Families Help Themselves.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candoit2
    You Know How I Know You Are Faking It?

    You have not purchased any of my products :-)

    Aaron
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael_nguyen
    You know how I know your faking it?

    You said on your sales page that you purchased a house in Florida but when I Googled the image of the house, the exact house was also on a spanish real estate site.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abundantliving
      Originally Posted by michael_nguyen View Post

      You know how I know your faking it?

      You said on your sales page that you purchased a house in Florida but when I Googled the image of the house, the exact house was also on a spanish real estate site.
      This is funny, but I have something even funnier to share...

      According to google maps, I live on a vacant lot (LOL)

      My friends and I have gotten a lot of laughs over this... chuckling over how I live in a tent and pee behind the biggest tree (for privacy, of course).

      Naturally, I don't really live on a vacant lot. I actually live a couple of lots over from where google maps says my house is located... in a very nice house on the chesapeake bay.

      But, I guess this proves that - just because google says it, that doesn't mean it's true.
      :-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1487743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candoit2
    You Know How I Know You Are Faking It?

    I tried to IM you but your mom said you were cleaning your room
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zerofill
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    I don't...cause I don't pay much attention to anyone else...Just what we are doing lol. I let Jeremy tell me who is faking it cause I never pay attention.
    Signature
    Serp Shaker
    The IM World Will Be Shaken to the Core!
    Join my list at: IMCool.Biz
    New Podcast --> podcast.imcool.biz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Terribly doctored Paypal/Clickbank screenshots or bogus checks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1467996].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author debra
      Originally Posted by ecoverartist View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Terribly doctored Paypal/Clickbank screenshots or bogus checks
      Hey...when I get a check from one of those guys...I'm gonna take a screenshot of it and doctor it too.

      Will that qualify me as a "Guru" so I can have a successful WSO too? :rolleyes::p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    I know you're faking it because you don't have a flying car yet.

    What's that? YOU don't have a flying car yet? Peasant.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rjrv10
    You know how I know your faking it?

    Because you fake your SERP screenshot and post it together with your WSO
    Signature
    $4 Articles - Professional writer -- Excellent writing with a very good turnaround time
    Get your article in no time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468067].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Killer Joe
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Because you've been on this forum for one month and you have almost 1,000 posts.

      KJ
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468085].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post

        You know how I know you're faking it?

        Because you've been on this forum for one month and you have almost 1,000 posts.

        KJ
        Afraid that doesn't fit everybody KJ.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LilBlackDress
    You know how I know you are faking it?

    Because why back when I was just starting out I asked for help learning IM on WF. You private messaged me and offered to help saying you had lots of experience but it was going to be very pricey because you were really, really expensive.

    But when I clicked "Find More Posts" by you on WF I read your last one. In it you wrote that you were flat broke and thinking about giving up on IM.
    Signature

    Pen Name + 8 eBooks + social media sites 4 SALE - PM me (evergreen beauty niche)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468174].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      You tried to sell me a product with your affiliate link, and it was a product that I created.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
        You know how I know you're faking it?

        Your IP address is the Salvation Army's homeless shelter where they have a PC for the use of their drop-ins.
        Signature
        Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468212].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author candoit2
          Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

          You know how I know you're faking it?

          Your IP address is the Salvation Army's homeless shelter where they have a PC for the use of their drop-ins.
          Them's just those Bum marketers Kevin.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468225].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
            Originally Posted by AaronJones View Post

            Them's just those Bum marketers Kevin.
            LOL. Sorry, I forgot about Travis.
            Signature
            Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    "I called to get a hold of you and your mom answered the phone"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pete Egeler
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You claim here, and on your websites that you make 6-figures a month, but you're pleading for help to 1) Pay the rent; 2) Need cash for car repairs; 3) Can't afford insurance, yada, yada, yada.

    Pete
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonDavis
    I know how to tell when you are NOT faking it. That little counter on HSN shows me how many books you are selling!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
      Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post

      I know how to tell when you are NOT faking it. That little counter on HSN shows me how many books you are selling!
      LOL. Yeah, that would be pretty difficult to fake .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468258].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        A while back there was a guy on here parroting Jay Abraham teachings. But he didn't give credit to Jay. And evidently he didn't think anyone would catch on. I got a good chuckle out of that.
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
      Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post

      I know how to tell when you are NOT faking it. That little counter on HSN shows me how many books you are selling!
      And seeing his book on the shelves at Target, Barnes and Noble, on Amazon, etc...

      And watching him on TV a few times per month!
      Signature

      Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAdam
    "You know when I know you are faking it?

    When you are too lazy to even come up with a believable lie in your post.
    Signature

    "Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right" - Henry Ford

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468322].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JRG
      You know how I know you're faking it?


      Cause you're using this image as proof of your "riches"




      lol and you aint Shoemoney!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1487861].message }}
  • I really don't give a fart if you're faking it. No skin off my teeth.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    "You Know How I Know You're Faking It?..."

    ...because you came to a marketing forum to talk about movies?

    Oops! I meant to say, because in the photo you use on your sales page I can see a DMV watermark in the background.

    Or...because on your sales page claiming you make 100k a month I can see other mobile homes through your kitchen window. The torn curtain is what caught my eye first though.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Derek Allen
    You know How I know your faking it?

    Because I hired a private eye to spy on you and he brought me back pictures that showed you living with your grandma, driving a pinto, and having a second job as a paper boy! Ha! You didn't think anyone would catch on.... Did ya??
    Signature
    My Blog + Cool Stuff>> Self Made CEO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author satrap
    I know this may piss some people off but it is what i believe

    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When you are selling me a product that is supposedly going to make me thousands of dollars with not much effort, yet you, yourself, seem to be desperate for money, doing all the work of trying to create an e-book, report or whatever it is, building links, sending traffic to it, writing articles, submitting to wherever you can,... to make $47 or whatever out of it.

    Why cant you make that much money with your own product that your trying to sell it to me... again? ...Oh that's right! Because your faking it!

    You know how I know you're faking it?
    You say, since you are a nice person and want to "HELP" other people make money too, you have decided to "reveal the secret" to me for only $39, all because you want to "HELP" me and others make the same money you make.


    Well, read the above "You know how I..... ", that's my number 1 reason for knowing your fakling it.
    As for number 2, if you are really wanting to "HELP" me and other people, the why make us pay for it...? Oh! yes, again you are faking it!
    Signature
    60 Awesome Ways to Make Money Without a Job
    .................................
    Check out my blog Survey Satrap featuring honest reviews of paid survey sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1468927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
      Originally Posted by satrap View Post

      I know this may piss some people off but it is what i believe

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you are selling me a product that is supposedly going to make me thousands of dollars with not much effort, yet you, yourself, seem to be desperate for money, doing all the work of trying to create an e-book, report or whatever it is, building links, sending traffic to it, writing articles, submitting to wherever you can,... to make $47 or whatever out of it.

      Why cant you make that much money with your own product that your trying to sell it to me... again? ...Oh that's right! Because your faking it!

      You know how I know you're faking it?
      You say, since you are a nice person and want to "HELP" other people make money too, you have decided to "reveal the secret" to me for only $39, all because you want to "HELP" me and others make the same money you make.


      Well, read the above "You know how I..... ", that's my number 1 reason for knowing your fakling it.
      As for number 2, if you are really wanting to "HELP" me and other people, the why make us pay for it...? Oh! yes, again you are faking it!
      I'm sorry, but that whole thing cracks me up. The idea that you would expect someone (faker or not) to spend his/her time coming up with a guide or report on how to do something to make money, and then just give it to you for free, is pretty funny. I guess the next time you're at your job and things are slow, when the boss comes to you asking for you to work for free for a couple weeks to help them get by, you'll jump at the chance to "help," right?

      It's funny how people are always so generous with other people's time (and money), and so stingy with their own.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkH45
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When you create a WSO about making money from WSO's...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470291].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      You Know How I Know You're Faking It?...

      When your business has a need that can be deducted as a legitimate business expense, but you post a thread asking if the solution you're considering (which is the industry standard) is worth the money or if you should go with some unknown because it's cheaper.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Oh, and usually you can tell that somebody is faking it when they moan
        just a little too loud during.

        ba-da-bing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470413].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mgkimsal
        Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

        You Know How I Know You're Faking It?...

        When your business has a need that can be deducted as a legitimate business expense, but you post a thread asking if the solution you're considering (which is the industry standard) is worth the money or if you should go with some unknown because it's cheaper.
        "Deducting" things doesn't really help if you don't have the money in hand to make a purchase. And you can still "deduct" the less expensive product/tool as well. Money's money, and if you can get something that meets your needs cheaper than a more expensive product, why would you not spend a bit of time investigating that option?
        Signature

        Michael Kimsal
        http://heywords.com/ - for article writers

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471078].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lance K
          Originally Posted by mgkimsal View Post

          "Deducting" things doesn't really help if you don't have the money in hand to make a purchase. And you can still "deduct" the less expensive product/tool as well. Money's money, and if you can get something that meets your needs cheaper than a more expensive product, why would you not spend a bit of time investigating that option?
          I think you read a little too much into what I said.
          Signature
          "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
          ~ Zig Ziglar
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471739].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
      Originally Posted by MarkH45 View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you create a WSO about making money from WSO's...

      YES!!!! That is the best one yet
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jag82
      Originally Posted by MarkH45 View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you create a WSO about making money from WSO's...
      Hmmm...not too sure if this is true.

      Brian McElroy, Justin Michie and Willie Crawford have all came out with pretty good WSOs on profiting from WSOs.

      Jag
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478386].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NickArnold
        You know how i know you're faking it?

        Because you're just a sh*t liar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478408].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sal64
          You know how i know you're faking it?

          When the sales page video you made about how much $$ you make selling PLR content... was made in your garage.

          You know how i know you're faking it?

          When your sales pitch includes words like "killer" "sells like crack" "nuke" "insane profits" etc.

          You know how i know you're faking it?

          When your free offer in the war room (becoz u care) leads to an opt in form... and then a one time offer!

          You know how i know you're faking it?

          When the url's on your testimonails don't work.
          Signature
          Internet Marketing: 20% Internet - 80% Marketing!
          You Won't See The Light Until You Open Your Eyes.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478429].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author matrix1989
            YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW YOU'RE FAKING IT?

            you start a thread about how your finally making $50 dollars a day with IM, yet your launching a "profit system" which guarantees $100 a day
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1479209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MisterMunch
    You Know How I Know You're Faking it?

    Because you brag about being featured on Google, Yahoo, Bing, Youtube, etc. Of cource you are! You have a website with a backlink to it and made a video.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VilPietersen@
    You Know How I Know You're Faking It?...

    I don't I'm too new to this, here's my money!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diana Lane
    'You know how I know you're faking it?'

    You were caught on your streaming webcam banging the desk and yelling 'Yes, yes, ye....sss! A ten dollar day!'
    Signature

    Plot short fiction, long fiction, even outline non-fiction * Edit the question prompts to suit your genre * Easily export text and image files for use with your word processor or Scrivener.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Diana Lane View Post

      'You know how I know you're faking it?'

      You were caught on your streaming webcam banging the desk and yelling 'Yes, yes, ye....sss! A ten dollar day!'
      Damn it...stop spying on me! :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    You claim to have made millions in IM, yet you have never had one PayPal complaint, even though you said PayPal was essential to your business.
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel_Pereira
    What bugs me to death on flippa.com is when you see the fake screen shots of the "proof of traffic" form Google Analytics. But the screen shot cuts of the url at the top of the screen shot, meaning that it could have come from anywhere.

    Then I get that sick feeling in my stomach when people have been suckered into placing a bid!

    I get an even sicker feeling in my stomach when I see that the person posting the site for sale has deleted half of the comments!

    The thing about faking it is this: In most cases, you would need to actually know what you are doing to fake it. And if you know what you are doing, and haven't made the big checks yet, or having created a successful site yet, then the only thing you are probably lacking is more action.

    Proven Knowledge + Massive Action = Massive Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470690].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by SurviveUnemployment View Post

      I really don't give a fart if you're faking it. No skin off my teeth.
      LOL

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Your post count is nearly nil, your profile tells me nothing. So I am browsing the WSO's and find you have something posted about a linkwheel service, and then I click on you to find out more information, only to discover you are currently browsing a thread on "how I made a bazillion dollars creating link wheels for other people"
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

      Damn it...stop spying on me! :p
      Then a) dig out the manual and learn how to turn off your web cam and, b) stop doing that, you'll go blind...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When you run a WS0 and in your proof video showing your PayPal account you say "see how I did not make any money here, that's because I was not bumping my WS0's"


    Shannon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gail Sober
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When you pop up toward the end of March, beginning of April asking for tax advice (if you're not faking you would be paying quarterly or paying stiff penalties (U.S. residents))

    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When your testimonials are all from famous movie stars but with pictures of ordinary people attached.

    When all of your testimonial givers make the exact same grammar mistakes.

    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You're asking for legal advice on a forum. (you already know the answer is going to be "consult your attorney")

    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You never make any posts or respond to emails during school hours
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ellis
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You claim in some of your WF posts to make $1000s per month in IM, then ask to personally write articles for me for $4 a pop :-/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1470912].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Killer Joe
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      Someone starts a thread about the War Room being 'worth it' and you chime in with a glorious testimonial but there is something glaringly missing from under your user name.

      Hint: War Room Member

      KJ
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471469].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Killer Joe
          Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

          Or...you see so many members with War Room Member under their name and need a ten page thread convincing you of it's value :rolleyes:
          Mike, this is sooo true.

          And by the end of the ten pages they still haven't joined.

          Why even bother asking...

          KJ
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by Kelly Verge View Post

      You Know How I Know You're Faking it?

      I found your avatar on iStockphoto.
      You know how I know...you were looking for my avatar on iStockphoto.

      Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm like that.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author catherine ford
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you have a WSO telling people how to make money, but your posts whinge that you can't make any

    Catherine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saint117
    I made 1k in 1 day with no previous setting up. I made $1,673 in 1 day and again no email list, no list no ppc no anything. I got proof if you dont believe its possible. I dont have a wso and I wont tell you how but send a private message with your email and I will proove its possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    Because you just spent the whole afternoon reading this thread just because it had Big Mike's name in it.

    Ken Leatherman

    The Old Geezer
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    Jeremy I thought I was the only one you told about e-Mailing Big Mike for the $3.00 discount 23 times a day.


    The Old Geezer
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candoit2
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    I went to buy your product when you had your big launch and the order button worked. (Everyone knows the real gurus servers go down)

    Aaron
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    "You Know How I Know You're Faking It?..."

    When you claim to be an expert marketer and ask me to build an entire website devoted to selling your "How to make a fortune on the Internet just like me" training program. You demand a wealth of features that take days to fine tune to your liking and press me for deadlines as this is "top priority".

    Aside from the sites construction the work ends up including having me edit the incorrectly sized graphics you provided, rewrite your content to fix hundreds of obvious spelling and grammatical errors, setup a Google Analytics account for you and teach you how to use it, and give you a basic WordPress lesson.

    And when it's all done you claim you can only afford to pay me 75 dollars (a fraction of what you originally offered) - and then disappear entirely without even sending me that!

    If this sounds like a real event it is!

    Bill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471733].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476306].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author graphicsgenie
        You know how I know you're faking it?

        When you have top selling cook books and cant even boil an egg

        ONLY JOKING RON!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476346].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
          You know how I know you're faking it?

          You wrote a book on how to make 30k per month using Adwords PPC, yet when I asked you how you set up your adgroups you replied with "what's an adgroup?"....... (True story too...lol).

          RoD
          Signature
          "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
          - Jim Rohn
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pat Blank
    When you brag about your awesome article writing/copywriting skills

    in broken English.
    Signature

    "The amateur works until he gets it right. The professional works until he cannot get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dbressler
    You know how I know you're faking it?


    Your web site says you're a XXXXXXXX Millionaire...

    ...but you just called a mutual friend of ours to borrow $2,800 to pay your mortgage and utilities this month!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author matrix1989
    you know how i know you're faking it?

    you have two links in your sig

    "noob makes $100 dollars a day on autopilot"
    and
    "learn how to build a 6 figure business from a seasoned marketer"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1472903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by matrix1989 View Post

      you know how i know you're faking it?

      you have two links in your sig

      "noob makes $100 dollars a day on autopilot"
      and
      "learn how to build a 6 figure business from a seasoned marketer"
      That could just be a scatter brained affiliate with landing pages for a couple of different promotions.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473025].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author matrix1989
        Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

        That could just be a scatter brained affiliate with landing pages for a couple of different promotions.
        lol yeah it could be
        unfortunately its 2 offers ran by the same person
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473068].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
          Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post

          LOL, yea, Ron's shaking in his boots over this...:rolleyes:

          KJ
          Originally Posted by dadvocate View Post

          Lol j/k.

          Shawn

          Guess you didn't see that? Doh! And if you did, it means just kidding.
          I guess poking fun is not allowed? Wow.


          Shawn
          Signature

          "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473115].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lance K
            Originally Posted by dadvocate View Post

            I guess poking fun is not allowed? Wow.


            Shawn
            Not if you're Canadian. Brings back memories of Strange Brew. Take off, eh.
            Signature
            "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
            ~ Zig Ziglar
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473220].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
              Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

              Not if you're Canadian. Brings back memories of Strange Brew. Take off, eh.
              LOL! It's very cold up here in The Great White North... you hoser.


              Shawn
              Signature

              "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477509].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
                Originally Posted by dadvocate View Post

                LOL! It's very cold up here in The Great White North... you hoser.
                Every time that topic comes up, I always just remember this exchange:

                Bob McKenzie: "Man, I gotta take a leak so bad I can taste it!"
                Doug McKenzie: "He's gonna take a leak, get out of the way!"
                Signature
                "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1487829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadvocate
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    When you create a thread titled, "You Know How I Know You're Faking It?", just to get a list from everyone on "How NOT To Fake It", so as to not get caught.









    Lol j/k.

    Shawn
    Signature

    "If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs." ~Tony Gaskins

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Killer Joe
      Originally Posted by dadvocate View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you create a thread titled, "You Know How I Know You're Faking It?", just to get a list from everyone on "How NOT To Fake It", so as to not get caught.

      Lol j/k.

      Shawn
      LOL, yea, Ron's shaking in his boots over this...:rolleyes:

      KJ
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobcath
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    I don't, thats why I have so many WSO's!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Pena
    You know how I know you're faking it ?

    When your sig link claims you are making 10K per day ! Yet you are posting WSO claiming you need to pay your rent this month in another post. (True Story)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477074].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Austin E Anthony
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    You say in your wso your keywords are top top 3 on Google and can`t even be found on top 100!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
      Banned
      Originally Posted by young-Money View Post

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      You say in your wso your keywords are top top 3 on Google and can`t even be found on top 100!
      Or your magic keywords are for something nebulous like a first name that no-one's gonna Google anyway. Know what I mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaron_nimocks
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    My wife does all the time and I can just spot a faker.
    Signature

    My free PSD logs can be downloaded at PSD Bum. Enjoy!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goliathseo
    How do I know you're faking it?

    I don't. I'm too busy working on my other businesses/niches to even give a rats a$$.

    Hard work and dedication will get you closer to your goal where faking it makes you less credible and pushes you further away from your goal.
    Signature

    Do you want to make successes or excuses? Success? Alright then... See what's in store for you....
    - The AC Assassin

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Buildingfutures
    You know how I know you're faking it?

    I faked it too there for a while. A bull****ter knows a bull****ter my friend!

    You know how I know you're faking it?


    You bitch and complain about the War Rooms $37 one-time fee, or the Special offers fee of $20, but you're begging people to write articles so you can get $50 so you can launch on Clickbank.
    Signature

    Simple Mission Statement "Under the Radar and Over the Top!"
    Sean's Guide To The Forum
    Thoughts of a 22 Year Old Marketer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1487976].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenneth Fox
      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you tell me that your new ebook is on it's way back from the printer.

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you think that selling more then one copy of your ebook is considered duplicate content.

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you think PPC is some kind of plastic pipe.

      You know how I know you're faking it?

      When you have to post on the forum to help you decide to part with 37 bucks for the war room.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1488053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blur
    As marketers aren't we supposed to 'fake it till you make it?"

    I know you're faking because you asked me how to edit your WordPress files with Microsoft word. I'm sorry, people who on the internet everyday SHOULD have basic internet knowledge.

    I know you're faking because you're using pirated software.

    I know because you try too hard

    I know because you sell templates for $3

    I know because you offer too many freebies with your WSO

    I know your faking because you claim to be an expert yet I did a google search on your user-name and it brought up newbie questions on other forums from 2 days ago.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1488068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patricia1
    Wish I'd known how to recognise a fake, would've saved a fortune on all the
    rubbish books and courses I bought!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1488138].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fendi Salim
    You Know How I Know You Are Faking It?

    When you send me an anonymous email saying your father Bill Trump and uncle Donald Gates got killed in a freak twin bungee jumping accident and you just inherited a humongous pile of cash and you need my help cashing them out as you are stuck on a jungle Safari in Midwest Nigeria and you offered me a too-good-to-refuse commission if I could wire some money to your Mama in Rich Jerks Ville...

    ...and you do part-time jobs as a weekend pastor too!
    Signature
    >> Free Wordpress Themes << | WP Design Partner Wanted - PM Me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1488215].message }}

Trending Topics