The best thing for Internet Marketing since the Computer

by DavidJohnson 33 replies
Lets have a hypothetical discussion here and see where it leads. Lets imagine that you owned a piece of software whether it's a plug-in for Wordpress or a module for Joomla it doesn't matter.

Maybe it's a script to create back links on high ranking websites (PR 8 or higher) by the dozens while while you sleep. It could be a way to hijack every computer in the world so that no matter what web address typed in your page shows up.

Those may be far fetched but I want you to imagine the next big thing, something not already available or if it is, how it could be 100X better.

I hear this is the best IM forum on the web, lets see what we can come up with!
#main internet marketing discussion forum #computer #internet #marketing #software #thing
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    I do own a piece of software, and I do have some great ideas on the way!

    When it comes to ideas, it has been my feeling that there are lots of good ones, but the biggest problem is in the implementation. To make the idea really scale, it takes a lot of planning and effort, and it is rare now for someone to just have a good idea. They need more than that. They need a good plan for implementation and the passion to see it to completion.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[132881].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      So true but the seed of any great accomplishment started with an idea. My hope for this thread is to come together, debate, play devils advocate and come up with something truly remarkable.

      We could make a completely forum designed product, whether or not it gets made doesn't really mater, this will be a fun exercise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[132995].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
      Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

      I do own a piece of software, and I do have some great ideas on the way!

      When it comes to ideas, it has been my feeling that there are lots of good ones, but the biggest problem is in the implementation. To make the idea really scale, it takes a lot of planning and effort, and it is rare now for someone to just have a good idea. They need more than that. They need a good plan for implementation and the passion to see it to completion.
      Isn't that so true...
      I have this blog post from Dereck Sivers Posted above my computer

      ideas are just a multiplier of execution - O'Reilly ONLamp Blog

      To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.

      Explanation:

      AWFUL IDEA = -1
      WEAK IDEA = 1
      SO-SO IDEA = 5
      GOOD IDEA = 10
      GREAT IDEA = 15
      BRILLIANT IDEA = 20

      NO EXECUTION = $1
      WEAK EXECUTION = $1000
      SO-SO- EXECUTION = $10,000
      GOOD EXECUTION = $100,000
      GREAT EXECUTION = $1,000,000
      BRILLIANT EXECUTION = $10,000,000

      To make a business, you need to multiply the two.

      The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20.
      The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.

      That’s why I don’t want to hear people’s ideas.
      I’m not interested until I see their execution.
      Signature

      Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133021].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
        I get what your saying but your missing the point. This is an exercise only. We can mentally complete the whole process from idea to implementation.

        Without getting to philosophical lets brain storm. Imagine that you work for a huge corporation with an unlimited budget and the CEO brought you in along with about 100 other people and said, "I want the next big thing, money is no object... Now hash it out."

        If it had to be IM related what would it be?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
    I wasn't really missing the point or trying to diss your idea, I just saw an opportunity to post one of my favorite quotes.

    As far as an idea...

    /me scratches head

    ...hmm have to think about it for a while...I'll get back to you.
    Signature

    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      I actually really liked what you had to say, I may have to print that out!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin T
    I'll tell you what would be a great thing.. If you were listed #1 in every single google search..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133056].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      Originally Posted by Devin T View Post

      I'll tell you what would be a great thing.. If you were listed #1 in every single google search..
      Okay Devin, how would you go about making SEO easier for all of us, how would you package that in say a piece of software?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133062].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Devin T
        Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

        Okay Devin, how would you go about making SEO easier for all of us, how would you package that in say a piece of software?
        Oh boy.. Here's the REAL question.. haha.

        Now I am not overly familiar with all the aspects SEO, but I think the software would somehow include a way to have any keyword generated in the google search bar somehow tied directly with the title of your site, so that even if your site is IlikeCupcakes.com :p and someone typed in Killing bunnies , it would still direct those keywords to your site. How one would go about doing that, I have no idea. Haha
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133073].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
          Originally Posted by Devin T View Post

          Oh boy.. Here's the REAL question.. haha.

          Now I am not overly familiar with all the aspects SEO, but I think the software would somehow include a way to have any keyword generated in the google search bar somehow tied directly with the title of your site, so that even if your site is IlikeCupcakes.com :p and someone typed in Killing bunnies , it would still direct those keywords to your site. How one would go about doing that, I have no idea. Haha
          could be fairly easily done with a hijacked search bar (or cloaked toolbar), but what would people who want to kill bunnies find interesting about your cupcake site?
          Signature

          Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133081].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Devin T
            Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

            could be fairly easily done with a hijacked search bar (or cloaked toolbar), but what would people who want to kill bunnies find interesting about your cupcake site?
            Now we never mentioned that they had to find it interesting.. I was simply stating that no matter what keywords were typed in, it would still list your site with a #1 position.

            I mean what product out there besides.. water and air.. are really going to attract EVERY person out there? There isn't a single one. However, at least it would get your site noticed for those who may be interested in cupcakes..

            It is like when you're in the check out lane at the grocery store and they have all of their special items on display; you may not have intentionally been looking for that product, but you see it and it catches your eye. Same concept.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133098].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
              Originally Posted by Devin T View Post

              Now we never mentioned that they had to find it interesting.. I was simply stating that no matter what keywords were typed in, it would still list your site with a #1 position.

              I mean what product out there besides.. water and air.. are really going to attract EVERY person out there? There isn't a single one. However, at least it would get your site noticed for those who may be interested in cupcakes..

              It is like when you're in the check out lane at the grocery store and they have all of their special items on display; you may not have intentionally been looking for that product, but you see it and it catches your eye. Same concept.
              True enough but if you could dynamically generate a monetized site that appealed to their keyword search and placed that site in the top spot then you would truly have something
              Signature

              Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133104].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Devin T
                Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

                True enough but if you could dynamically generate a monetized site that appealed to their keyword search and placed that site in the top spot then you would truly have something
                That's very true. Look at that, building upon each others ideas. Two heads are better than one
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133108].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
                Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

                True enough but if you could dynamically generate a monetized site that appealed to their keyword search and placed that site in the top spot then you would truly have something
                I agree, it would be like having an infinite amount of sites that cater to anything and everything that a person perusing the web might me looking for.

                That would be neat but then you would have the problem of actually getting that coded. How would one go about getting something like that started?

                Would have to have a massive database, obviously, that when a search is made the monetized site would pull the product and display it on a web page. I'd imagine you would have have a high PR to get ranked high but it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
    OK how about this... call it a Google Trends monitizer.....

    A product aimed at the IM market that essentially monitors Google Trends, creates and monetizes dynamic pages with products from around the web.

    best I can come up with right now...
    Signature

    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin T
    I do agree that it ISN'T entirely out of the realm of possibility, however, you're in danger of turning this fun thread into a SEO convo. Wouldn't that be original! lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      Originally Posted by Devin T View Post

      I do agree that it ISN'T entirely out of the realm of possibility, however, you're in danger of turning this fun thread into a SEO convo. Wouldn't that be original! lol
      Haha, you know when your right your right. Lets not do that! Since Im not a coder lets stick to the logic behind it. The database I'm sure would be one hell of a thing to see or you could have providers sign up for a free service where they could get their products sold for a small % fee only when the product is sold.

      That way we can get a direct feed from the manufacturer when somebody performs a search. Sounds Whitehat to me and Google wouldn't cry about it if its producing relevant results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133139].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
        Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

        The database I'm sure would be one hell of a thing to see or you could have providers sign up for a free service where they could get their products sold for a small % fee only when the product is sold.
        There are tons of affiliate products out there you could cover a whole litany of products by simply searching amazon, ebay, clickbank, paydotcom, linkshare etc...

        Anything that did not return a result you would simply search the article sites and dump adwords.
        Signature

        Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
    Actually it would depend, if you went along with my original hypothisis of doing it with a hacked searchbar or a toolbar script that actually hacked the Google search results then a high PR is not needed.

    Dynamically generated sites could be as simple as framed affiliate sites with adwords and other monetizing stuff, hijack their back button, pop the popups really ugly stuff but it could be done...
    Signature

    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

      Actually it would depend, if you went along with my original hypothisis of doing it with a hacked searchbar or a toolbar script that actually hacked the Google search results then a high PR is not needed.

      Dynamically generated sites could be as simple as framed affiliate sites with adwords and other monetizing stuff, hijack their back button, pop the popups really ugly stuff but it could be done...
      Hmm, yes I can see that but what if we don't want to do it ugly. Any idea how we would go about doing that? Need some programmers to take a look at this thread.

      Could you imagine how much you could make with a script that would do this. It would be a win, win, win situation.

      We would win because we are making money. The buyer would win because they found what they were looking for and the search engine would win because they produced relevant content.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133169].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
        Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

        Could you imagine how much you could make with a script that would do this. It would be a win, win, win situation.

        We would win because we are making money. The buyer would win because they found what they were looking for and the search engine would win because they produced relevant content.
        Well...

        If you wen back to my trends idea...

        All you would need would be a fairly powerful server that would poll Google Trends on a regular basis, gather the most popular search terms, search the relevant affiliate sites, frame an affiliate page, generate relevant keywords, grab a few articles from the article sites for content and dump it all to a site.

        You would not cover all of the search terms for Google obviously but if you targeted the searches from Trends you could grab a good chunk of relevant traffic
        Signature

        Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133192].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
          Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

          Well...

          If you wen back to my trends idea...

          All you would need would be a fairly powerful server that would poll Google Trends on a regular basis, gather the most popular search terms, search the relevant affiliate sites, frame an affiliate page, generate relevant keywords, grab a few articles from the article sites for content and dump it all to a site.

          You would not cover all of the search terms for Google obviously but if you targeted the searches from Trends you could grab a good chunk of relevant traffic
          I could see that, pulling from what's already there would make things a bit easier when it comes to writing the script. There are scripts that do things like that anyway. I used a plug-in for Wordpress that was similar.

          I'm sitting here thinking of a way to poke holes in your logic and I don't see one, after all I'm only a copywriter! haha

          Id consider that white hat, I can't see anybody getting upset about it unless they get jealous about not thinking of it first!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133206].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
            Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

            Id consider that white hat, I can't see anybody getting upset about it unless they get jealous about not thinking of it first!
            Problem is now I've exposed it for everyone to see...I can see the Guru's going crazy, calling all their programmers. Within a few days there will be a new Clicbank product exposing the power of monetizing Google trends, that will be selling 1347.00 and I will still be stuck here LOL
            Signature

            Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133219].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
              I know what you mean, most so called "Gurus" make their money from other peoples ideas because as you said earlier most people don't implement
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeRogers
    Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

    It could be a way to hijack every computer in the world so that no matter what web address typed in your page shows up.
    How the heck did you find out about my project????

    Crap, now I gotta fire my entire programming staff!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      Originally Posted by MikeRogers View Post

      How the heck did you find out about my project????

      Crap, now I gotta fire my entire programming staff!

      For a small fee I'll keep my mouth shut! lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin T
    Here's an idea. What if one could hack Google's AdSense or other similar programs to where when one clicks on an Ad, they're taken directly to your site. Can you say millions of visitors per month? week?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133166].message }}
  • "Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."

    - Howard Aiken
    Signature
    Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
    FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
      "Most great ideas are only seen as great ideas on the other side of implementation. Most people are to near sighted to see future successes."

      --David Johnson (I must confess I just made that one up! lol)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133246].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
        Originally Posted by DavidJohnson View Post

        "Most great ideas are only seen as great ideas on the other side of implementation. Most people are to near sighted to see future successes."

        --David Johnson (I must confess I just made that one up! lol)
        Not bad, i'll have to remember that one
        Signature

        Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133374].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnson
          Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

          Not bad, i'll have to remember that one
          You're too kind!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ben Roy
      Originally Posted by faxinator View Post

      "Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."

      - Howard Aiken
      Awesome. A friend and I *just* had a conversation about the very same yesterday.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    Iphones are pretty great for internet marketing to
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[133815].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics