$160,000 in commissions

by Meanna Blog 17 replies
I joined the Rich Schefren affiliate scheme as a tester into how these things work. Yesterday, I received an email that contained this:

We knocked it out of the park... GPS is closing
after midnight eastern time early Saturday
morning.

And our affiliates cleaned up... Just take a look
at this:

- Mike Filsaime - $160,000 IN COMMISSIONS!

- Shawn Casey - $100,000 IN COMMISSIONS!

... and that's just two of our affiliates.

You have time to do one last mailing before we
shut it down, so jump on it while you can. I want
to send YOU a huge check too.

Would people 'really' make those kind of commissions from just one product??
#main internet marketing discussion forum #$160 #commissions
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author apollion
    Originally Posted by Meanna Blog View Post

    I joined the Rich Schefren affiliate scheme as a tester into how these things work. Yesterday, I received an email that contained this:

    We knocked it out of the park... GPS is closing
    after midnight eastern time early Saturday
    morning.

    And our affiliates cleaned up... Just take a look
    at this:

    - Mike Filsaime - $160,000 IN COMMISSIONS!

    - Shawn Casey - $100,000 IN COMMISSIONS!

    ... and that's just two of our affiliates.

    You have time to do one last mailing before we
    shut it down, so jump on it while you can. I want
    to send YOU a huge check too.

    Would people 'really' make those kind of commissions from just one product??
    Hi,

    first problem I see is that these "only 2" are top affiliates with lists of tens of thousands.

    Not too hard to make big cash with a big list..

    That´s always the way to distract people I guess..be careful

    Mike
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[136979].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
      Would people 'really' make those kind of commissions from just one product??
      To answer your question, YES.

      But it's not that simple and will take you time. Mike and Shawn are top guys in this business and have thousands of subscribers which took them months even years to build.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[136983].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onlinemoney00
      These are big time marketers who not only have thousands but millions in their list. Am sure several people on this warrior forum are on their list and if not been on their list at one poin or the other. So obviously the beginner or someone who is new to marketer will not make anything close to this numbers. There is no voodoo in Internet Marketing, the methods do work, forget about what others are doing and do what you can do
      Signature
      This System Pays You 7 Ways on Tools every Marketer Needs
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meanna Blog
        Originally Posted by onlinemoney00 View Post

        These are big time marketers who not only have thousands but millions in their list. Am sure several people on this warrior forum are on their list and if not been on their list at one poin or the other. So obviously the beginner or someone who is new to marketer will not make anything close to this numbers. There is no voodoo in Internet Marketing, the methods do work, forget about what others are doing and do what you can do
        Great advice. For a noob then, what methods can I start with to start building these lists?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138235].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gareth
          List building is exponential.

          You start with 1 then 10 then 100.

          Just an optin and low traffic, a few youtube vide and forum posts will get you to 1000 over a few months I'm sure.

          There are techniques like teleseminars that can build it faster. PPC etc.

          Once you are upto 10,000 you can JV and blast it off to 100,000.

          I put it off for ages but its ticking along gradually now. I will try PPC next and maybe some advertising on websites once i have good banners and text ads.

          Co-reg is also a possibility but alot of people get stung withthat. There are lots of ways to build a list and mikes traffic fusion is another form of JV.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author violationz
    Originally Posted by Meanna Blog View Post

    Would people 'really' make those kind of commissions from just one product??
    If the price of the product/commission per sale is high enough and you have a big enough list, yeah.

    No shocker that Filsaime is up there lol, doesn't the dude have over 500,000 subscribers?

    Henceforth, he shall be known as God...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[136990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SimonRiver
    Yes, probably in the first DAY as well. These guys are the big names that get big results, fast.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[137554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vorales
      Well i dont know what to say but i had been trying hard to get even 1000 $ for the commissions but unfortunately i couldn't make it.

      I really wonder if people can make such a huge amount of money,guess its a gimmic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[137610].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DonDavis
        Why is it a gimmick?

        People make money like this because of hard work and having the tenacity to build a huge business.

        Is it easy? Nope

        Does everybody have the skills to go to that level? I don't think so.

        But the fact remains that some do take it to that level, and they become the industry superstars. Instead of labeling it a gimmick and giving up, why not see if you yourself have the right stuff?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[137628].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
          Actually Mike Filsaime has revealed his list now exceeds a million subscribers (it may exceed 2 million subscribers).

          $100,000 in sales from 1 million subscribers (assuming he emailed them all) is around 10 cents an email.

          That's not a bad return for a large list but with a younger, smaller highly targeted list of buyers you might expect to make 50 cents to $1 per email.

          Of course you won't have 1,000,000 subscribers.

          But you can see how if you have 5,000 to 10,000 good email subscribers it's not too difficult to make $2,500 to $5,000 with one email.

          Even getting just 10 cents an email you'd make $500 to $1,000 with one email.

          The real work is in building a large, highly targeted, responsive email list of subscribers.

          Kindest regards,
          Andrew Cavanagh
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[137808].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tomw
          Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post

          Why is it a gimmick?

          People make money like this because of hard work and having the tenacity to build a huge business.

          Is it easy? Nope

          Does everybody have the skills to go to that level? I don't think so.

          But the fact remains that some do take it to that level, and they become the industry superstars. Instead of labeling it a gimmick and giving up, why not see if you yourself have the right stuff?
          Tough love, but true

          Nice post.

          Thomas
          Signature
          STOP THE TRAFFIK: PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE BOUGHT AND SOLD
          Help Us Rescue, Rehabilitate And Reunite Victims With Their Families

          STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organisations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people,
          PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Meanna Blog
    WOW... thanks for the feedback guys.

    I think the course people were signing up for costs just under $2000. So there must have been a STACK of people sign up if people were making over 100k in affiliate revenue... which would make Rich Schefren a heck of lot of money...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[137849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elkman6by6
    thank you for the good info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[817011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
    Some great post, the key is to get to the point where you can approach others in your industry and create win win situations, were you can cross promote, or send each other shout outs to each others list. Until then, drive traffic in other ways!
    Signature

    Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[817030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robin L.
    How do you get a list started at all? I am completely new to all of this!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[817343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexei_aus
    those 2 guys are 2 very successful internet marketers, they have huge lists. i am not surprised that Mike Filsaime won another affiliate marketing contest. The guy is awesome
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[817346].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics