What niche categories can I help you with?

by sylviad 26 replies
Hi,

I want to conduct a quick survey to see which niches people are promoting from the ClickBank categories. It doesn't have to be CB but they offer a good list of subjects to use for this test.

Please elaborate on your niche within those top categories. For instance, under Home & Family there are other topics, such as gardening, cooking, parenting, home improvement, etc. If you could just provide the sub-category(ies) you're in, that would be sufficient.

Thanks for your help.

Sylvia

Edit: Ok. I changed the title of this thread because people might be getting the wrong impression. My goal is to help affiliate and niche marketers with a new product I'm planning to develop. Before I start "producing", I need to know which niche cats and sub-cats you need help with.
.
.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #category #niche #poll #promoting
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sylviad
    My Poll got buried on Page 3!

    How else can I get it back to the top?

    Still waiting for input.

    Thanks for your help.

    Sylvia
    Signature
    :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
    :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
      Looks like voting in the poll does not bump the thread.
      Signature
      Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138820].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sylviad
        Thanks, Allen. I've never done a poll before and when I didn't see any answers, I thought no one was bothering. And now I see that 7 people have voted. That's only 1/3 of the visitors so far. Hm. Wonder what THAT means?

        Hey guys... (sorry, ...and Gals)

        Would you be willing to include more specifics? I can only put so many things into the Poll itself, but I sure would like to know what sub-category you are in, too.

        Thanks.

        Sylvia
        Signature
        :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
        :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138833].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
          Pet Stuff, Stop Smoking Stuff, HErbal Supplement Stuff (very tough niche), local sports stuff, local community stuff, article marketing stuff, article directories and a couple of general affiliate sites.

          AL
          Signature
          Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138877].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

          Thanks, Allen. I've never done a poll before and when I didn't see any answers, I thought no one was bothering. And now I see that 7 people have voted. That's only 1/3 of the visitors so far. Hm. Wonder what THAT means?

          Hey guys... (sorry, ...and Gals)

          Would you be willing to include more specifics? I can only put so many things into the Poll itself, but I sure would like to know what sub-category you are in, too.

          Thanks.

          Sylvia
          Sylvia, this might sound a little cynical, and it's definitely not aimed at you personally. I've read many of your posts, and I don't believe this applies to you. But it might be a factor.

          If you scan back through the threads, you'll find a lot of posts asking "what niche should I promote", and often the post itself reads more like "what are you having success with that I can copy without doing anything on my own."

          A lot of people are reluctant to broadcast that kind of information in a public forum...

          I take a slightly different angle. For example, on a magazine-style blog site, I look for products that fit with the subject of an article. Article - travel with grandkids - product - ebook on Disney World.

          I wouldn't recommend that approach in today's market, but the domain is over ten years old and the current configuration has built up some back links. If I had it to do over, I would break up the various topics and put them in individual blogs.

          That said, I still think matching the product to the content is more important than the category.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139023].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sylviad
            You offer excellent insight, John.

            I'm not looking to "steal" someone else's niche or whatever. I'm looking to find out what categories marketers might need help with. This thread is simply an extension of my first thread on how to research the demand for your product before you put in all the work developing it:
            http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...duct-idea.html

            I'm preparing some packages that would help affiliate marketers, but I first need to know what niches they're in before I can provide those resources.

            Maybe I should have made it clearer in both threads.

            I'm not looking for specific products being promoted. Just the categories and sub-cats.

            Sylvia

            PS: Did you vote?
            Signature
            :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
            :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139063].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
              Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

              You offer excellent insight, John.

              I'm not looking to "steal" someone else's niche or whatever. I'm looking to find out what categories marketers might need help with. This thread is simply an extension of my first thread on how to research the demand for your product before you put in all the work developing it:
              http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...duct-idea.html

              I'm preparing some packages that would help affiliate marketers, but I first need to know what niches they're in before I can provide those resources.

              Maybe I should have made it clearer in both threads.

              I'm not looking for specific products being promoted. Just the categories and sub-cats.

              Sylvia

              PS: Did you vote?
              OOPS! Just voted.

              As I said, I knew what I mentioned didn't apply to you.

              The most recent areas I've hit are Travel, Outdoor Sports, Home Improvement.

              HTH...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139402].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author sylviad
                Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                OOPS! Just voted.

                As I said, I knew what I mentioned didn't apply to you.

                The most recent areas I've hit are Travel, Outdoor Sports, Home Improvement.

                HTH...
                Ooh! Great. More topics I'm familair with. This will make it easy. And home improvement... geesh, I've practically built a room all by myself. I think that qualifies me to help others, don't you think?

                Sylvia
                Signature
                :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
                :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139414].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author sylviad
                  Just boosting... Gotta get this back to the top somehow.

                  Thanks to everyone who voted. So far, the results seem fairly even across several categories. The good thing is, they are the categories I figured would be most popular. Not too hard to figure, I guess.

                  Anyone else want to share their categories? This will help you and me.

                  Thanks.

                  Sylvia
                  Signature
                  :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
                  :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[140920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tuzic
      Banned
      hi,

      my category is fun & entertainment , how could help with that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[140948].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sylviad
        Originally Posted by Tuzic View Post

        hi,

        my category is fun & entertainment , how could help with that.
        Tuzic... did you read the initial post? I'm developing a product concept that will help affiliate marketers and niche marketers. Once I know which categories / sub-categories people are in, I will be better able to focus on what people really want and where they can use my help.

        You have chosen a huge niche. Do you have a sub-category(ies) you'd like to share?

        Thanks for participating.

        Sylvia
        Signature
        :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
        :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[140956].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sylviad
          Ok. I'm going to boost this poll back to the top to see if there are any more voters, in case they missed it.

          Sylvia
          Signature
          :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
          :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[144253].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
            Just found the poll when looking for how to change the thread title...

            Health and fitness, especially stress relief, and self-help/self-empowerment are my main interests. But I'm working on some others too...

            Elisabeth
            Signature

            HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE
            on sales letters, (pre-sell) reports & email series!
            FREE Training & Software/Plugins CLICK HERE to Join My IM Facebook Group!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[211859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulGee
    I've voted in your poll although I might as well tell you - the health/fitness niche in general is the one I've been promoting so far. It's so vast there are loads of opportunities if you take the time and patience to find them. There are literary hundreds of niches within niches in health and fitness and new products appear almost daily.

    Good luck with whatever your chosen niche is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      Originally Posted by PaulGee View Post

      I've voted in your poll although I might as well tell you - the health/fitness niche in general is the one I've been promoting so far. It's so vast there are loads of opportunities if you take the time and patience to find them. There are literary hundreds of niches within niches in health and fitness and new products appear almost daily.

      Good luck with whatever your chosen niche is.
      Thanks. As I said, this isn't for ME. I already have my own chosen niches. This is so I can help others in their niches.

      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seach4s
    Travel for me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      Originally Posted by seach4s View Post

      Travel for me
      mmm, yes. I like that one too. Should be easy helping you (and others) with that niche.

      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139135].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Barbara Eyre
        I put society and culture, for I do new age/metaphysical/religious/holistic niches.

        I honestly voted before I knew you were asking about CB in general. I'm not heavily into CB, as I do my own e-commerce stores and such.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139158].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sylviad
          Originally Posted by Barbara Eyre View Post

          I put society and culture, for I do new age/metaphysical/religious/holistic niches.

          I honestly voted before I knew you were asking about CB in general. I'm not heavily into CB, as I do my own e-commerce stores and such.
          That's fine, Barbara. I only use CB because they have a good category list that will make it easier for me to show people what niche's are popular/available. You don't have to be using CB specifically. CB was just an example.

          flnz400...

          could you be a bit more specific? Any sub-cats you'd like to share? I do Mental Health, myself.
          Signature
          :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
          :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flnz400
    Health, health, and more health for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    The dating niche is real hot now I hear.. some keywords getting some massive searches every month

    online dating - 130297070
    dating online - 131683210
    on line dating - 2633664300
    dating service - 208629700
    dating services - 323252320
    adult dating - 52016804
    internet dating - 1566391700
    singles dating - 120368420
    single dating - 224363180
    online dating service - 120902870

    Thats just a few of the numbers from google...

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author websitemoneynow
    business to business and marketing ads , i promote these products and also have my own published product on clickbank and paydotcom
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      James...

      Dating IS a popular niche and has been for quite awhile. As people are getting more comfortable with the internet, these sites and products will only become more popular in the future. Rosalind Gardner (Super Affiliate Handbook) has a massive dating site that she's run for years and very successfully.

      websitemoneynow...

      Thanks for participating. Not sure how much I can help with those topics, though. It depends on the sub-cats.


      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139325].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lainie
        Hi,

        I voted on health and fitness but I promote a few others as well, they are:

        Weight Loss
        Fitness Program
        Acne
        Makeup
        Home Spa's
        Self Esteem
        Dating

        Hope this is what you're asking.

        Lainie
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139364].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sylviad
          Originally Posted by Lainie View Post

          Hi,

          I voted on health and fitness but I promote a few others as well, they are:

          Weight Loss
          Fitness Program
          Acne
          Makeup
          Home Spa's
          Self Esteem
          Dating

          Hope this is what you're asking.

          Lainie
          Absolutely perfect, Lainie! Thank you very much. I see lots of potential there as I'm already in the self-esteem and fitness niches and I know a bit about the others.

          Sylvia
          Signature
          :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
          :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139381].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics