Here is what I have done on http://www.ecobloke.co.uk so far to reach my goals. I hope that you get something out of this...
- Submitted my RSS feed to every RSS directory I could find (if you can recommend any I would be grateful).
- Been commenting on others blogs and linking back to mine.
- Added 'DoFollow' for links in comments, so that people who leave a comment get a free link.
- Added a 'Top Commentator' box to every page of my site so that top commenter's get a free 'DoFollow' site wide link.
- Been asking for comments. Here is an example Is it Best to Wash my Clothes at 30 or 40 Degrees? Which Releases Less Carbon? | The Eco Bloke
- Been following Nicks stuff on http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ial-offer.html
- Started a Facebook Fan Page that I submit blog posts too The Eco Bloke | Facebook
- Started a Twitter account that I submit blog posts too Eco Bloke (EcoBloke) on Twitter
- Started a Google Group that I submit blog posts too http://groups.google.co.uk/group/the-eco-bloke
- Started a Yahoo Group that I submit blog posts too ecobloke : The Eco Bloke Blog
As a result all of my new blog posts are getting indexed within a matter of minutes and I am starting to see some more traffic and comments. My homepage seems to get indexed twice a day too :-)
If you are starting out with blogs like I was just 3 weeks ago then I hope that these suggestions help you.
If you are an old hand at blogs, maybe you could suggest to me what more I could do to take my blog to the next level and get even more traffic and comments. Maybe I have missed something out from above that you could add?