Mindset what a joke!

by David_Thompson 21 replies
Ok now this is something I hear everyone talks about
and it's something I myself have eaten up without
questioning whether this is right or not because it's
what all the successful people say you must have.

Well I was listening to a guy called Jack Zufelt and
said something that rock me to the core.

I've never heard anyone say anything like this before
haven't been sleeping because of this...lol just joking

But he said something like this core desires have no barriers
and it's not mindset that makes you successful but rather
Heart-Set.

The man rocks...

--David
#main internet marketing discussion forum #joke #mindset
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Mad Dawg
    I think that once you think a thought long enough it becomes a belief. Once you feel that belief long enough you have a positive "heart-set" and thats when you'll really be successful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138739].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author balsimon
      Hi David,

      There are phrases we all use that cover things like this.

      "Second nature"

      "Feeling it in your bones."

      "Belief system"

      These happen within us when we're not consciously attempting
      to change/improve ourselves
      .

      They are what really guide us moment to moment.

      The entire effort at self-improvement would seem involve
      moving our conscious attempts to "improve ourselves"
      into subconscious patterns that guide us without the effort
      or attention so that we can then go on to the next
      self-improvement effort.

      I know you feel a profound distinction between the words
      heartset and mindset. And maybe with a little more
      explanation, I will see a need to sharpen my language in
      this. But right now, for me, I use "mindset" to refer to
      that which I believe unconsciously, without effort, without
      attention. I can choose to be conscious of many (but not
      all) of the "items" in my mindset, but when I'm driving my
      car, when I'm dancing with my wife, when I'm writing these
      very words, it all comes from a mindset that flows of its
      own accord.

      I'm open to seeing things differently/better.

      Kind Regards,
      Bal
      Signature

      A long journey begins with that first step. Take that first step - today.
      ApplyThisToday.com - Doing things better, faster, smarter, cheaper and more enjoyably.
      http://applythistoday.com/
      http://facebook.com/ApplyThisToday

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by David_Thompson View Post

    But he said something like this core desires have no barriers
    and it's not mindset that makes you successful but rather
    Heart-Set.
    The heart steers the mind.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138875].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author donlester
      An interesting discussion. If you take your mindset to heart, you really believe and have committed to it I guess that becomes heartset. Both mindset and heartset imply a level of commitment to your beliefs.

      I am still struggling with finding my heart felt motivator so building a mindset becomes less ritualistic and more natural.

      To me heartset would imply a more emotionally based perspective and I have learned that IM at times can be an emotional experience with the thrill of the launch and the agony of no sales. you can get quite passionate about the whole thing.

      Whatever it means to you, whether you need to feel it in your mind or your heart, or maybe even in both. Having that passion will go a long way in helping you succeed.

      Well that's my two cents. Didn't know I was going to be so passionate about it but I know I live for all the feelings IM can generate.
      Signature

      Need to increase the value of your WSO? Ask me about adding a

      • Workbook Flow chart or Cheat Sheet
      . Guaranteed to add value and sales to your next WSO or Affiliate offer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138926].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
        Please accept my rather tongue-in-cheek response.

        I'm going to dip my toe into this discussion by saying I'd consider myself as a fairly level-headed sort of guy with the right mindset for IM.

        Whether I have the right heart-set, well I'm not so sure. I know I have the stomach for IM and I dream a lot so I reach for the stars but I'm careful to have one foot on the ground at all times.

        I have plenty of fingers in lots of pies and I am very careful not to take my eye off the ball whilst keeping my ear to the ground. I'll also stick my neck out to say that I have enough backbone for any criticism or leg pulling that this post may attract.

        Peter

        PS How's that for post #500?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138967].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
      Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

      The heart steers the mind.
      Yeah, so is he right? It is a heart-set?

      The heart does more than just pump blood. It has over 40,000 neurons- the heart has its own independent nervous system (your heart thinks- aka "Heart Brain")

      The heart communicates with the brain and body in four ways (2 way communication):
      • Neurological communication (nervous system)
      • Biophysical communication (pulse wave)
      • Biochemical communication (hormones)
      • Energetic communication (electromagnetic fields)
      Did you know the heart has an electromagnetic energy field 5,000 times greater than that of the brain and this field can be measured with magnetometers up to 10 feet beyond the physical body?

      The heart's electrical field is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the electrical activity generated by the brain

      Also, it is presumed that the hearts energy field is greater than that of the brains, so that feelings and information sent from the heart to the brain can have a profound effect on the brains functions, introducing heightened intuitive clarity and increased feelings of well being.

      KEYPOINT: As people learn to sustain heart-focused positive feeling states, the brain can be brought into entrainment with the heart.

      You may be correct in saying, the HEART steers the brain...
      Signature

      "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
      "


      "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lockwood
    "Heartset" is not even in the dictionary. This sounds like someone making up a word to make his point.

    This does not even make much sense, because the heart's job is to pump blood. Thinking and attitudes are in the brain (hence the word "mindset"), and the heart is not actually shaped like a valentine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138885].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood View Post

      "Heartset" is not even in the dictionary. This sounds like someone making up a word to make his point.

      This does not even make much sense, because the heart's job is to pump blood. Thinking and attitudes are in the brain (hence the word "mindset"), and the heart is not actually shaped like a valentine.
      Yeah, I was thinking this too. I think the person used the word "heartset" because he wanted a word that took the emotions into consideration, as well. Beliefs+emotions are probably what is meant by "heartset".
      Signature
      -----------------------------------------


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Rowe
    If you're in need of a new heart and you get your heart transplant, does that mean you must retrain yourself about success because now you enjoy the heart of another?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138937].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
      No John,

      You have to pick a more successful heart. One that has already tasted
      success and will continue to pump it through your veins!

      -Michael

      Originally Posted by John Rowe View Post

      If you're in need of a new heart and you get your heart transplant, does that mean you must retrain yourself about success because now you enjoy the heart of another?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bearded
    What about ass-sets?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bazbo
    Jack Zufelt's statement is the joke.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[138969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel E Taylor
    The biggeset problem with the whole mindset movement
    is people just bundle all of it together.

    on one side you got the:
    Burning Desire - Emotions - Visualization - Intention Manifestation - etc...

    Then on the other side you have
    Self Limited Beliefs - Subconcious unbalance - Low Self Worth - Self Esteem -etc...

    You need to work on all of it in order to reach new heights in your life.

    The problem is most people do the first half and think that is
    enough.

    The burning desire and visualizations are useless if your subconicous
    is filled with junk thats holding you back.

    In fact you will actually be living in a scary cycle.

    So just "feeling" and "desire" really isn't enough because
    yea conciously you can have those things, but because
    of conditioning you will be sending out the completely opposite
    message subconciously in the words you say, when you sleep,
    and your actions.

    There is alot more to this mind stuff than the secret, and alot
    more than just the pyschology of the brain. Which I'm a student
    of both.

    Daniel
    Signature

    Self Actualization is one's true purpose. Everything
    else is an illusion.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
    Interesting thread.

    Just because we are human we are tripartate entities (whether we know it or not) made up of (in this order):

    1.Spirit
    2.Mind (Soul)
    3.Body

    So the who "You" are and who "I" am is:

    A spirit who has a soul and lives in a body.

    When all three of these agree in one, nothing is impossible! :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139123].message }}
  • I dunno man, I've seen a lot of hearts make some really bad decisions. I know mine has, and I think almost everyone here can probably vouch for that. Sometimes your heart wants something thats just not right for you.
    Signature

    Money isn't real, George. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricter
      Heartset is dangerous, and we are advised by the wise to "not lay up our treasures on Earth" for good and practical reasons. Heartset can compel you to jump off a building when things don't go your way.

      Mindset is far enough imho.
      Signature

      - For your import/export/customs questions or problems, send PM.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
      Originally Posted by Christopher R Everson View Post

      I dunno man, I've seen a lot of hearts make some really bad decisions. I know mine has, and I think almost everyone here can probably vouch for that. Sometimes your heart wants something thats just not right for you.
      Thats because the heart does not make logical decisions...
      Signature

      "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
      "


      "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139204].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TD
        Actually Jack Zufelt is both right and wrong.

        He is right that what you create in life is usually in line with
        what you feel in your heart; however what he fails to realise is
        that this is determined by your unconscious beliefs and hence is the
        result of the mindset you have.

        A person's mindset is simply a collection of their beliefs about a
        particular issue, situation or event that has been built up over
        time.

        You can even actually test this out for yourself.
        Take a deep breath and hold for a few seconds then breathe out
        slowlyThink about something that you really want to achieve for
        about 5 seconds.

        Now repeat to yourself "I allow myself to achieve that goal "and
        wait for about 10 seconds.

        What you'll discover is that there is a feeling of tension or
        anxiety in your chest or stomach area, which indicates that
        unconsciously you don't believe you can have or deserve to achieve
        that goal.

        This is the power of the mind not the heart; however I can
        understand how a few people could confuse the two.

        Hope this clarifies things.

        Regards
        TD
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139401].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Daniel E Taylor
          Originally Posted by TD View Post

          Actually Jack Zufelt is both right and wrong.

          He is right that what you create in life is usually in line with
          what you feel in your heart; however what he fails to realise is
          that this is determined by your unconscious beliefs and hence is the
          result of the mindset you have.

          A person's mindset is simply a collection of their beliefs about a
          particular issue, situation or event that has been built up over
          time.

          You can even actually test this out for yourself.
          Take a deep breath and hold for a few seconds then breathe out
          slowlyThink about something that you really want to achieve for
          about 5 seconds.

          Now repeat to yourself "I allow myself to achieve that goal "and
          wait for about 10 seconds.

          What you'll discover is that there is a feeling of tension or
          anxiety in your chest or stomach area, which indicates that
          unconsciously you don't believe you can have or deserve to achieve
          that goal.

          This is the power of the mind not the heart; however I can
          understand how a few people could confuse the two.

          Hope this clarifies things.

          Regards
          TD

          This man gets it!
          Signature

          Self Actualization is one's true purpose. Everything
          else is an illusion.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[139415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
    TD,

    Great post.

    Im not familiar with Jack Zufelt, but I've found some interesting information about how the heart and brain communicate on different levels.

    You can check it out here - Research: Science of the Heart
    Signature

    "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
    "


    "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[140750].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics