Speaking as a relative novice here who has only a handful of articles in directories, I am wondering if this is not a better way to go.
It is my goal to become an expert in the field of Ezine Marketing. I know this will take time. But I'm guessing that it is important to be good at one particular thing at first. I still have a long way to go.
Anyone with experience?
Drawbacks of Submitting your quality material to directories like Ezine Articles.
* People take your content and leave out the resource box.
* Your article doesn't stick around on the top of search engines for long.
* It's hard to find a targeted audience.
* ____________________ (any others?)
In my limited research so far, I am beginning to think that it would be much better to get your articles published directly into Ezines.
Potential Benefits of Directly offering Articles to Publishers of Ezines
* You can choose the ezine.
* Easier to target your audience
* You can check that it was published.
* You can do it for free in most cases.
* You can make sure your resource box is included.
* Often you can still get organic traffic if the ezine is indexed on the publishers site.
I am seeing these threads like "I wrote 150 articles in one hour" (slight exaggeration) and a heck of a lot of stuff about article marketing, spinning. It kind of goes against the grain a little.
I've just printed off a list of over 100 ezines with contact details of publishers who accept articles and I've decided to make this my "All Consuming Marketing Approach" until further notice.
Like some advice I got from a wise warrior "Make Relationships". So I am going to call them directly and ask what kind of articles they may need and see if I can slowly develop some rapport with the publishers. What do you think???
I would be interested in promoting other high quality IM products using this approach once I have established that it works (PM me if you are interested in sharing your product (I'm not looking for a free copy BTW as I have too much stuff to read as it is!!)