The Simplest Recipe to Online Marketing Success

21 replies
Too many of us here try to overly complicate things. "Try this marketing technique to BOOST your traffic by xx amounts", "see the new REVOLUTIONARY technique to make $xx more", etc. etc.

While its good to learn advanced techniques and strategies, IMO, as a newbie, the less you know the better.

Instead of buying up every ebook that promised a revolutionary success method, try doing this:

1. Find a high converting niche. This is as simple as going to the Clickbank marketplace and finding a product with a gravity between 50-150%
2. Get a keyword rich domain related to that niche
3. Put up a Wordpress blog
4. Do some basic keyword research using the free Google Keywords tool
5. Write 10 articles/day (yes, 10 articles is very easily possible) using the above keywords
6. Post articles to EzineArticles
7. Keep on doing this for 30 days

At the end of 30 days, you WILL see money in your Clickbank account. This is a guarantee.

The only reason, IMO, most people fail at IM is because they try too many things too often. Switching from one method to the other, trying out things beyond their technical level, jumping at every offer that promises a miracle traffic/revenue solution...this kind of behavior is the reason why most people fail online.

Pick one method. Stick to it for 30 days. Don't try ANYTHING else within this period. No matter how tempting a new eBook looks, don't waver from the method.
#marketing #online #recipe #simplest #success
  • Profile picture of the author Augie Johnston
    I dont know anyone who can write 10 articles a day for a whole month. That seems like a lot. I would rather shoot for 5 a day and try and keep it going for two months. Maybe I'm wrong. For me at least 10 is not possible.

    Anyone else out there agree or disagree with me?

    Augie Johnston
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588375].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bettersocial
      Originally Posted by Augie Johnston View Post

      I dont know anyone who can write 10 articles a day for a whole month. That seems like a lot. I would rather shoot for 5 a day and try and keep it going for two months. Maybe I'm wrong. For me at least 10 is not possible.

      Anyone else out there agree or disagree with me?

      Augie Johnston
      Trust me, once you know a niche and get a hang of article writing, you can crank out 10+ VERY easily.

      I've written more than 25 articles in a day. The key is to not write each article from scratch but have your own article templates for every niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webwriter
      Originally Posted by Augie Johnston View Post

      I dont know anyone who can write 10 articles a day for a whole month. That seems like a lot. I would rather shoot for 5 a day and try and keep it going for two months. Maybe I'm wrong. For me at least 10 is not possible.

      Anyone else out there agree or disagree with me?

      Augie Johnston
      I wholeheartedly agree. Last January, February and March, I tried to make it my goal to submit ten articles a day per month to Ezinearticles, but couldn't. It just seemed like after writing three articles in a row per day was the best I could do. After that number, my efforts petered out as my attempts grew more feeble and hackneyed. So I let it go and wrote three more articles on the following day, which turned out better. They were all accepted. For that period of time, I must have submitted about 35 articles per month.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Kohler
    Hi sashas,

    Thanks for the informative post!

    What do you mean by an article template?

    For instance:

    Introduction
    Opening paragraph
    Middle paragraph
    Concluding paragraph
    Resource box

    Or do you have, say, multiple reference articles that you draw from and then incorporate the information?

    For me, I have to read the material for each niche, and then I have to write it without referencing a particular model. Once you have an understanding of the niche, it flows freely. That is how I write articles.

    How do you do this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588743].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bettersocial
      Originally Posted by Michael Kohler View Post

      Hi sashas,

      Thanks for the informative post!

      What do you mean by an article template?

      For instance:

      Introduction
      Opening paragraph
      Middle paragraph
      Concluding paragraph
      Resource box

      Or do you have, say, multiple reference articles that you draw from and then incorporate the information?

      For me, I have to read the material for each niche, and then I have to write it without referencing a particular model. Once you have an understanding of the niche, it flows freely. That is how I write articles.

      How do you do this?
      Suppose I am writing articles for the weight loss niche. I will first make a "master" article about 500-600 words long. This will be a general, non-keyword targeted article about weight loss.

      Then, when I am writing about a more specific weight loss keyword (say, "exercises to lose weight"), I will use DupeFreePro (free software: DupeFree Pro - Avoid Duplicate Content and Online Content Plagiarism), put up the "master" article in the left pane, and start writing my new article in the right pane.

      IMO, the hardest part to writing an article is getting the introduction right. Once you get the first paragraph down, writing the rest is a breeze.

      So, I have a file with a ton of introductions culled from plr articles in a niche (just the introductions, nothing else). I just reword the introductions and use them in my articles to get a headstart.

      Another method is to simply use the aforementioned DupeFreePro software and use it to re-write PLR articles (a favorite approach if I have access to good PLR articles).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fernando avila
    Originally Posted by sashas View Post

    Pick one method. Stick to it for 30 days. Don't try ANYTHING else within this period. No matter how tempting a new eBook looks, don't waver from the method.
    I would say this is the best piece of advice, because too many people start something and only give it a little bit of time. If they dont see results they jump on to another method. I believe if you stick to something long enough you will definitely see results. especially with article marketing, that is one of the best ways to drive targeted traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emily Meeks
    People tend to think that there's some massively over-complicated method to this whole making-moolah-from-teh-interwebz thing, and others will say that if a method makes 6 figures a month, there's no way they'd share it. However, Business 101... you find a market, create a product for the market, if the market likes it a good number will buy.

    The Internet's always changing, of course, so what worked in 2004 won't necessarily work now, but no matter how much time goes by that is the foundation of business.
    Signature

    In all that you do, know your True INTENT...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author safe as houses
      Ive heard of this type of template before on making money on the internet.

      Say you did write 10 articles a day for 30 days, would you say that once you have reached 300 articles, that would be enough on that particular niche, and you could then go on to replicate it the following month with another niche and so on.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589076].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kevinenrique
        Great advice. One has to focus to be able to have success, and this applies online and offline. Granted, its tempting to try to do everything we hear that 'works', I still get tempted, but what I do is write a list of the things I want to do after I accomplish(or finish testing) what I'm doing now.

        At last after a year of stuggle I finally found something that worked for me, the thing I wanna do now is just make it better.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589151].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
          Good advice, though having coached many people I would suggest that it is not enough to JUST simplify.

          For instance, finding niche topics on Clickbank requires some explanation to those who are new and don't understand how to 1) find CB marketplace, 2) what the term gravity means 3) what they want to do with the topic to monetize it (affiliate market, create their own product, infopublish on a blog to sell advertising, etc...) 4) Where else to look other than just CB since it is quite limited in terms of the niches covered....

          Or let's take your step of keyword research - the newbie hasn't the foggiest idea how to go about doing keyword research or how to select higher probability keywords, how to test them, etc...If they don't know this, then they are wasting days/weeks/months and will end up completely baffled and frustrated by the end of the experience.

          Believe me, I've seen this all first hand.

          So, simplify the process - YES! But, when you are at a particular stage of the process, they need step-by-step, experienced-based roadmaps to follow so that they get off on the right foot.

          The key I think you may be getting at is to not be distracted by techniques related to step 5 when you are trying to get started with step 1.

          Jeff
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589197].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author bettersocial
            Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

            Good advice, though having coached many people I would suggest that it is not enough to JUST simplify.

            For instance, finding niche topics on Clickbank requires some explanation to those who are new and don't understand how to 1) find CB marketplace, 2) what the term gravity means 3) what they want to do with the topic to monetize it (affiliate market, create their own product, infopublish on a blog to sell advertising, etc...) 4) Where else to look other than just CB since it is quite limited in terms of the niches covered....

            Or let's take your step of keyword research - the newbie hasn't the foggiest idea how to go about doing keyword research or how to select higher probability keywords, how to test them, etc...If they don't know this, then they are wasting days/weeks/months and will end up completely baffled and frustrated by the end of the experience.

            Believe me, I've seen this all first hand.

            So, simplify the process - YES! But, when you are at a particular stage of the process, they need step-by-step, experienced-based roadmaps to follow so that they get off on the right foot.

            The key I think you may be getting at is to not be distracted by techniques related to step 5 when you are trying to get started with step 1.

            Jeff

            Jeff, I will completely agree that its not all about simplification. But for newbies, its absolutely essential to see some $$$ in the bank account, otherwise they will simply give up. To truly scale things to a six figure income, you will necessarily have to complicate things, but for the first $1k/month, I feel a simplified approach is more than good enough.

            For instance, I just don't write 10 articles a day; I also spin them, submit them to multiple directories, get on Twitter, create linkwheels, build multiple sites on the same topic, create blogspot blogs, etc. etc...but if I wanted to make a start in IM, 10 articles a day would be more than enough to see some massive results, and perhaps give me the fuel to sustain my efforts and learn more along the way.

            Just like you take 100 level courses in your freshman year, 200 in your sophomore year, and 400 level courses in your senior year, its important to break down all IM activities into different levels of difficulty and approach the easiest options first, and move on to more difficult things as you learn more.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheBeatles
    Banned
    good post mate
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mike116
    I've been victim of that "buy everything under the sun" madness too. Good point on sticking to one program and get with it. I plan on doing just that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Very good method, well put. I use similar method to sell my Internet Education Products (never been a Clickbank/CJ fan) Here is my short list.

    1. One Article per day
    2. One Video per day
    3. Add 300 Twitter/Facebook Followers Per Day
    4. 10 Blogs Per Month
    5. Use OnlyWire 3 Times per day to submit all of the above.
    Signature

    Learn Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing For Your Business
    Click here to learn more - Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jg123
    Good advice, I would add some search engine optimization into the mix so you can build up your search traffic over the long-haul.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1589768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Yep - understood, keep the process simple, I concur. But let me ask you this - where did you learn to write articles that 1) get ranked well for keywords that will make money and 2) have a call to action that actually get results.

    It is NOT just a matter of writing articles and that's it - I'm sure as an experienced marketer you will agree.

    To make even $1K per month with article marketing it takes a fair amount of detailed explanation about 1) how to do keyword research and which keywords to focus on first - out of a list of hundreds for example 2) where and how to submit the articles (it's getting tougher and tougher to get into ezine articles today for example) 3) where you send that traffic and what you do with it - directly to affiliate sites, to your own landing page, an opt-in squeeze page - etc... AND what those pages should look like, etc...

    My point is that new people (and many experienced marketers) are still struggling with the step-by-step detail - it doesn't go away just because we give them a simple message, so it is necessary to help them get through these small, but very important, steps.

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ravikumar
      Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

      Yep - understood, keep the process simple, I concur. But let me ask you this - where did you learn to write articles that 1) get ranked well for keywords that will make money and 2) have a call to action that actually get results.

      It is NOT just a matter of writing articles and that's it - I'm sure as an experienced marketer you will agree.

      To make even $1K per month with article marketing it takes a fair amount of detailed explanation about 1) how to do keyword research and which keywords to focus on first - out of a list of hundreds for example 2) where and how to submit the articles (it's getting tougher and tougher to get into ezine articles today for example) 3) where you send that traffic and what you do with it - directly to affiliate sites, to your own landing page, an opt-in squeeze page - etc... AND what those pages should look like, etc...

      My point is that new people (and many experienced marketers) are still struggling with the step-by-step detail - it doesn't go away just because we give them a simple message, so it is necessary to help them get through these small, but very important, steps.

      Jeff
      I agree with Jeff.

      It is not as simple as suggested by Sashas. But once you know 1)what keywords you have to target 2)how to write an article 3) what is a call to action (i did not had any idea about this as a newbie) then sticking to Sashas idea will show you good results(and money).


      Thanks,
      Ravi.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597922].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tanya7zhou
        Hey guys, what the OP said is spot on. Please don't complicate things talking about newbie this and newbie that. From what I know, there are so many people who are not newbies, they have been distracted by offers and information and they simply can't help themselves. Trapped in the Universe of getting everything right and perfect, time going by minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, looking for the "real secret to online success"

        The year finishes and they still have nothing to show for it. Many days and years wasted on the internet with no results, if lucky they might have made little money by accident and that's it.

        Secret to online success? There isn't one. Follow those instructions the OP has given, and you too will succeed.

        If you can't churn out 10 articles a day, outsource that activity to others who enjoy writing and you will make it.

        Content is always King. Tools are good and all them linkwheel tricks, social bookmarking, backlinks staff are good things but there is always starting point. CONTENT IS KING no matter what!

        This is what the OP said, read, listen and follow through beginning...........drum roll.........Today!

        "1. Find a high converting niche. This is as simple as going to the Clickbank marketplace and finding a product with a gravity between 50-150%
        2. Get a keyword rich domain related to that niche
        3. Put up a Wordpress blog
        4. Do some basic keyword research using the free Google Keywords tool
        5. Write 10 articles/day (yes, 10 articles is very easily possible) using the above keywords
        6. Post articles to EzineArticles
        7. Keep on doing this for 30 days

        At the end of 30 days, you WILL see money in your Clickbank account. This is a guarantee.

        The only reason, IMO, most people fail at IM is because they try too many things too often. Switching from one method to the other, trying out things beyond their technical level, jumping at every offer that promises a miracle traffic/revenue solution...this kind of behavior is the reason why most people fail online.

        Pick one method. Stick to it for 30 days. Don't try ANYTHING else within this period. No matter how tempting a new eBook looks, don't waver from the method."
        Signature

        It's not over until it is Over!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1598040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jjay52
    Hi Sashas,

    Thanks for the advice, some good points to note, too.

    True, the newbies would love to see the $$$ but before that, they have to be equipped with the know hows. Some newbies may have some computer background, some do not and some are totally green.

    I agree with Jeff. Newbies need to be guided. They have to be told exactly what to do and how to do it. Even if you simplify it, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will understand. There are people who don't even know how to unzip a file, let alone, understand IM.

    I'm considered new, about 6mths old. Prior to IM I have only basic computer skills and knowledge. Only recently did I learn what gravity at Clickbank means.

    With regards to article writing, not everybody is able to that. It's easier said than done.

    Long and short keywords, SEO, research, content value, creating links etc etc.....I wasn't aware of all these terms...until recently.

    So newbies do need help. Some are able to learn by reading, some prefer video tutorials. I, for one, prefer video tutorials.

    Regards
    Janet
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1597868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pheonix44
    I would say the real key for a newbie is to just be CONSISTENT whether its writing 1 article a day or 20. The real key is to find keywords that you can rank for that actually get some REAL traffic and not just 2-5 visitors a day. Alot of WSOs tell you to look for keywords that are easy to rank for, but what good will that do if the term doesn't get traffic. You can try my method out and see if it works for you if you are a newbie. This is what I did at first and I still do it to article market.

    You find some keywords that are longtail

    You make sure the term gets at least 500-1000 visitors a month

    Make sure the pages ranking on the first page are weak. Meaning there are alot of subpages and not pages with the keyword as the domain

    Write 2-3 articles around that keyword and submit to EZA or where you get traffic from.

    See which one does the best and then backlink build to that article and make sure the links are indexed.

    This is my simple approach and I know everyone will not like it. But I find it better to test out the strength of keywords and get some actual traffic then none. There are people who say find keywords that get 2-5 visitors a day. What happens is people will think they can find 100 such keywords and easily rank for them in a niche. But it is not that easy to find that many longtails in a niche that you can easily rank for. It is far easier to rank for a term that get 1000 visitors a month then 100 that get 100-200 visitors a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1598079].message }}

Trending Topics