Help with an niche opportunity

by Meanna Blog 8 replies
Hi guys, I know that people are keen to keep niche's to themselves, which I fully understand, but i'd like to be very open with what I beleive is an opportunity (i think, but I am pretty new to this).

Anyway, I started a site over a year ago called www. thisblogwillpaymymortgage .com ... it was a bit of fun really and a chance to get used to blogging. I made the content very general on the subject of blogging and internet marketing.

Is this an opportunity?

When i've checked the traffic recently, I am getting quite a bit of traffic for the following:

  • pay my mortgage
  • help pay my mortgage
  • mortgage blog
  • help me pay my mortgage
  • help to pay my mortgage
  • pay off mortgage quicker
  • need money to pay my mortgage

I ignored it for a while, but reading this forum has made me think DUH!!! I really should be selling some kind of mortgage related product, or ebook or whatever.

Problem is...

I don't know much about paying off mortgages quicker and I don't have the time to research and write anything.

So what do I do?

How do I find something to make money on here?

Many many many thanks for anyone that takes the time to help me...
#main internet marketing discussion forum #niche #opportunity
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Meanna Blog
    anyone? ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony_D
      You're running a blog about internet marketing and making money online, and you don't know how to monetize the targeted traffic you're getting?

      I'm relatively new to IM, but heres a few ideas that come to mind out there:
      • Find an information product about mortgages and how to reduce the interest rates, pay them off quicker, etc. Find one with an affiliate program and then make a blog post about it, along with your affiliate link.
      • Pay someone to write you a series of articles about mortgages, give the best one away and charge a small amount for each of the rest.
      • Pay someone to write you an ebook about this subject and sell it on your site.
      • Find some free software which helps calculate mortgage payments, rates, how much longer until its paid off given a certain payment rate, etc. Put this on your site and put ads for affiliate programs or a link to your own product near it where visitors will see them.

      It seems to me that anyone looking for "help paying mortgage" is basically looking for any way to get some extra cash or credit. Find these types of things and just funnel your visitors to them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141757].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Forey
        Get an autoresponser like Aweber and at least begin to collect the names and email address of the visitors to your site, while you are creating or finding a product.

        Michael Forey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141766].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meanna Blog
        Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post

        You're running a blog about internet marketing and making money online, and you don't know how to monetize the targeted traffic you're getting?

        I'm relatively new to IM, but heres a few ideas that come to mind out there:
        • Find an information product about mortgages and how to reduce the interest rates, pay them off quicker, etc. Find one with an affiliate program and then make a blog post about it, along with your affiliate link.
        • Pay someone to write you a series of articles about mortgages, give the best one away and charge a small amount for each of the rest.
        • Pay someone to write you an ebook about this subject and sell it on your site.
        • Find some free software which helps calculate mortgage payments, rates, how much longer until its paid off given a certain payment rate, etc. Put this on your site and put ads for affiliate programs or a link to your own product near it where visitors will see them.

        It seems to me that anyone looking for "help paying mortgage" is basically looking for any way to get some extra cash or credit. Find these types of things and just funnel your visitors to them.
        Excellent and very simple, thanks. Regarding the point about getting someone to write an ebook for you, what's the best way to go about that?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141785].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tony_D
          Originally Posted by Meanna Blog View Post

          Excellent and very simple, thanks. Regarding the point about getting someone to write an ebook for you, what's the best way to go about that?
          Well, you could start by checking the WSO's, as well as looking for a writer for hire on google.

          I've paid one warrior to do a PLR re-write for me. Her profile is here:
          View Profile: longroad
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Originally Posted by Meanna Blog View Post

    Hi guys, I know that people are keen to keep niche's to themselves, which I fully understand, but i'd like to be very open with what I beleive is an opportunity (i think, but I am pretty new to this).

    Anyway, I started a site over a year ago called www. thisblogwillpaymymortgage .com ... it was a bit of fun really and a chance to get used to blogging. I made the content very general on the subject of blogging and internet marketing.

    Is this an opportunity?

    When i've checked the traffic recently, I am getting quite a bit of traffic for the following:

    • pay my mortgage
    • help pay my mortgage
    • mortgage blog
    • help me pay my mortgage
    • help to pay my mortgage
    • pay off mortgage quicker
    • need money to pay my mortgage
    I ignored it for a while, but reading this forum has made me think DUH!!! I really should be selling some kind of mortgage related product, or ebook or whatever.

    Problem is...

    I don't know much about paying off mortgages quicker and I don't have the time to research and write anything.

    So what do I do?

    How do I find something to make money on here?

    Many many many thanks for anyone that takes the time to help me...
    Hi Meanna,

    Sounds like it could be an opportunity, yes.

    You admit you don't know how to pay off mortgages quicker, but I'm sure there are ways to do it. I am no expert, but I am aware of two ways (experts in the field, please correct me if I'm wrong).

    1. Pay half of your mortgage every two weeks. This will come out to the equivalent of 13 monthly payments per year, instead of 12. I don't know how much quicker that makes it happen, but I believe it is significant.

    2. Pay more than your minimum. Seems to make sense, but I;m not sure how the numbers work out per/$.

    Of course, you have to balance this with other financial matters, and make sure their are no penalties for making these kinds of payments.

    The other thing is that while you are looking at it from a mortgage perspective, what a person really needs is more money to be able to pay the mortgage with. There are tons of roducts that you can promote on this topic.

    Keep in mind that this niche is very competitive. Not that that's all bad, but wanted to make sure you knew.

    I hope that helps.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zenmn
    Anything about living within your means and increasing disposable income will work.

    Consolidating and paying off (debt)credit cards=more disposable income to pay on principal.

    Negotiating with creditors

    Rent your basement

    Pay yourself first.

    Do you really need that? Or this? I added 100.00 to my disposable income pretty quickly by eliminating some things I did not need.

    --zenmn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aging
    Just a couple thoughts:
    1. Go to "amortization schedule calculator" and you should be able to find basic info on what you're looking for. When you have a mortgage payment, it's principal and interest. To accelerate paying the loan balance quicker you pay more interest than is required. It reduces the loan balance faster. You should understand the basics before you can figure out how to create your own program.
    2. Have you checked Clickbank for comparable programs?
    Signature
    Anti Aging Tips www.aginghints.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[141826].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics