by Joe118
43 replies
Does such a title exist? Because I saw a WSO recently claim that.
#week #wso
  • Profile picture of the author Woody C
    Yes, this title does exist, except it is the WSO OF THE DAY, not week. It is a service put out by the owner of Warrior Pro, a processing and payment service. It is NOT an award, but rather a simple JV that is worked out between the Warrior Pro owner and the WSO seller.

    This way people can get a normally good WSO at a great price. Eventually everyone wins because we as buyers save money, the seller sells more, and Warrior Pro makes money as well.

    At least this is what I understand from other posts on this subjects.

    Whatever you do, DO NOT call the WSO OF THE DAY an award!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe118
      Woody, I must have not explained clearly.

      Recently there was a WSO that had the title 'WSO OF THE WEEK'. It was clearly designed to imply that this was somehow a 'blessed' WSO in the same sense that 'WSO OF THE DAY' is 'blessed'.

      I don't think that (a) such a title exists and (b) that such claims (implied or explicit) should be allowed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asher
    Yep, it exists.

    Check this thread:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ays-offer.html

    Asher
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SMS
      Last week, someone prefixed their WSO with 'WSO OF THE WEEK' - I can't remember who though.

      Your mind isn't playing tricks on you... this time. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Woody C
    Ahh, I apologize. I do not believe that there is a WSO OF THE WEEK. I did a quick search in the WSO Section and couldn't find any that had that in the thread title.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe118
      No problem, Woody. I thought I was seeing things

      Next we'll have WSO OF THE YEAR, WSO OF THE DECADE, and WSO OF THE CENTURY

      Clearly people are grasping at any straw, existent or not, to give their WSOs a chance to stand out in the sea of offerings.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    The selection for chosing isn't as large as some are claiming.

    When you use the Warrior Pro button, you can chose to reduce your WSO by 20% and then give 50% of the income to Warrior Pro.

    It's nothing more than a JV, even if it does break the rules of it being something you have created, and not being allowed to sell affiliate products in the WSO area.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    No - There's no WSO of ......... anything!

    Let's get this clear.

    This forum is run by Allen Says - the WSO section has ZERO preferences, awards, titles etc..... It's just a bunch of ads for stuff being sold by members.

    To run a WSO you have to pay to list it - apart from that Allen doesn't make money from WSOs selling.

    There's also a site called WarriorPro - it's NOT Allens site. It's run by Mike Lantz and it's something he created for himself but added so many useful features it's turned into somewhere that a lot of Warriors go to run and keep track of their WSOs.

    On the WarriorPro site - you CAN have the WSO of the Day (not sure how many variations there are but I haven't seen a week title).

    On the WarriorPro site - Mike gets 50% commissions on your WSO sales if you list them with his tool and he gives it a WSO of the day title.

    So - if you see any such titles, they're from the Warriorpro site - NOT this forum.

    It says on the warriorpro site that to qualify for the WSO of the day - they could just pick it randomly because it's been selling well, or they may have checked it out and decided it's worth giving some extra attention (and that Mike will make commissions if you get extra sales).

    So, the title doesn't mean it's good or that this forum endorses it in any way.

    Not all WSOs go through that system so anyone who claims anything like that is either lying or not clear about the situation.

    Andy
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe118
      Oh well. Edited out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      No - There's no WSO of ......... anything!

      Let's get this clear.

      This forum is run by Allen Says - the WSO section has ZERO preferences, awards, titles etc..... It's just a bunch of ads for stuff being sold by members.

      To run a WSO you have to pay to list it - apart from that Allen doesn't make money from WSOs selling.

      There's also a site called WarriorPro - it's NOT Allens site. It's run by Mike Lantz and it's something he created for himself but added so many useful features it's turned into somewhere that a lot of Warriors go to run and keep track of their WSOs.

      On the WarriorPro site - you CAN have the WSO of the Day (not sure how many variations there are but I haven't seen a week title).

      On the WarriorPro site - Mike gets 50% commissions on your WSO sales if you list them with his tool and he gives it a WSO of the day title.

      So - if you see any such titles, they're from the Warriorpro site - NOT this forum.

      It says on the warriorpro site that to qualify for the WSO of the day - they could just pick it randomly because it's been selling well, or they may have checked it out and decided it's worth giving some extra attention (and that Mike will make commissions if you get extra sales).

      So, the title doesn't mean it's good or that this forum endorses it in any way.

      Not all WSOs go through that system so anyone who claims anything like that is either lying or not clear about the situation.

      Andy
      Nevermind.....found what I was looking for.......
      Signature
      Need Custom Graphics Work? - Message Me For A Design Quote!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1608997].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
        Originally Posted by EWGQDD View Post

        So you are saying that Allen does not make any money other than $20 dollars to post an WSO?

        I thought I read somewhere that if he chooses your product to promote that you and he both split the profits in some way?

        I am not sure about that but I thought I did read that recently. Maybe i am wrong, but either way I think that if he promotes it he should be getting some piece of the pie?
        If Allen decides to do a JV with a warrior he gets 50% and this is done using the warriorpro software. But, if you notice, there have been no featured offers in the forum for some time.

        When you pay $18 to use the warrior plus software, you can select to JV with Allen for the 50% commission.

        However, you can JV with warriorpro and his promotion of your wso and Mike (warriorpro) gets 50%

        You can also agree to be a WSO of the day, and for this you have to reduce your price by 20% and Mike (warriorpro) gets 50%

        As far as I can see from the information inside warriorpro Allen only gets something if he choses to promote on the WF.

        The WSO he doesn't get anything, unless some agreement has been done quietly.

        When I used warriorpro software, if I wanted to use all 3 options, then only 1 would give Allen anything and that is only if he promoted it on the Featured Product.

        The reality is Allen gets $20 per wso and for every bump

        Warriorpro gets $18 for each listing using his software and 50% commission for the wso of the day and those he promotes as well.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609021].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
          Originally Posted by Bev Clement View Post

          If Allen decides to do a JV with a warrior he gets 50% and this is done using the warriorpro software. But, if you notice, there have been no featured offers in the forum for some time.

          When you pay $18 to use the warrior plus software, you can select to JV with Allen for the 50% commission.

          However, you can JV with warriorpro and his promotion of your wso and Mike (warriorpro) gets 50%

          You can also agree to be a WSO of the day, and for this you have to reduce your price by 20% and Mike (warriorpro) gets 50%

          As far as I can see from the information inside warriorpro Allen only gets something if he choses to promote on the WF.

          The WSO he doesn't get anything, unless some agreement has been done quietly.

          When I used warriorpro software, if I wanted to use all 3 options, then only 1 would give Allen anything and that is only if he promoted it on the Featured Product.

          The reality is Allen gets $20 per wso and for every bump

          Warriorpro gets $18 for each listing using his software and 50% commission for the wso of the day and those he promotes as well.
          Thanks, I found what I was looking for and just deleted mine question because I mis-understood.

          Maybe you can answer this for me;
          If you have PLR rights to a product and completely re-brand it, graphics, sales letter, everthing, can it be sold as a WSO on:

          Warrior Forum?
          Mikes WarriorPro site?

          I tend to think not but just in case I am wrong I was looking for clarification?
          Signature
          Need Custom Graphics Work? - Message Me For A Design Quote!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    Joe,

    $37 for the war room
    $20 for the wso and every bump
    $18 for using the warrior pro system

    You select from the following

    JV with the forum = 50% commission

    JV with warriorplus = 50% commission (no idea how this is promoted as haven't seen it)

    WSO of the day - reduce your price by 20% and then 50% commission to the warriorplus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    Hey Bev,

    Remember a couple of years back you did some writing for us at Niche Mania? While I forgot about something that I want to do now - Incansoft is honored to be able to give you the prestigious...

    2010 Writer of the Year Award

    <Queue Applause>
    You've earned it - well done
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607296].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SMS
      Shouldn't that read Writer of the Decade Award?

      Give her some credit.

      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      Hey Bev,

      Remember a couple of years back you did some writing for us at Niche Mania? While I forgot about something that I want to do now - Incansoft is honored to be able to give you the prestigious...

      2010 Writer of the Year Award

      <Queue Applause>
      You've earned it - well done
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607310].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TerrieS
        Crud, I guess I'm going to have to rethink my WSO of the Millennium offer.

        Back to the drawing board...
        Signature
        Visit my Custom Video Designs website!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    Thanks Mike,

    I'll quote you on that one. Now I'm the writer of the year 2010, and Rob was given the title by another marketer of "Best Researcher Online."

    Bev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    Mark,

    If you read my post higher up, I gave the options on using the warrior pro.

    I'm using it because I wanted to do a dime sale, but didn't want to learn how to use anything else for the purpose. This is when I saw the options, and you have to opt into them.

    Mike does make 50% commission and obviously when they are classed as being the WSO of the day, people assume Allen has something to do with it, and from what I can see, he doesn't get a bean.

    Also, with the rule being you can't run a wso which you haven't created, every single one which is listed by Warrior Pro breaks that rule.

    I wonder how they are selected, because anybody reading them would know they are nothing by hype, lies etc and I wouldn't want my name linked.

    People have become confused, especially when they think Mike owns the forum, and he is getting far more than Allen for the WSO.

    The other thing is unless you select JV with the warrior forum by using the warrior pro system, you will never get the opportunity to JV with Allen.

    So the reason for this was to work with Allen, but that seems to have died a death.

    If Allen wants to JV, there are many WSO's out there not using Mike's system, and I'm sure people would be happy to pay $18 to Mike to use his system as and when Allen asks someone to JV with him.

    Bev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      It would be easy for Allen (If he wanted) to make a rule that "WSO of the Day" is a phrase that can ONLY be used by WarriorPlus in their official "WSO of the Day" threads, and most of this B.S. would stop.

      Heck, Mike could even implement such a rule if he wanted. But he would have a harder time stopping people after the fact. Where Allen or the Mods could just shut down or delete any WSO in violation. Or flat out ban the rule breaker.











      As for "WSO of the WEEK"...perhaps that Warrior only intended to run one WSO that week. :p:p:p
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607903].message }}
      • [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607937].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joe118
          Originally Posted by MarkAndrews IMCopywriting View Post

          It would just be easier to say that any
          WSO cannot, full stop, contain any
          expression at all, stating...

          WSO of the Day, Week, whatever.

          Problem solved.

          Easy.
          I think thats a fair solution. Really what is called 'WSO Of The Day' now is 'WSO Discounted For One Day'.

          But that sounds a lot less sexy
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Mark and Bev, I would add to your excellent points by saying that the only WSO I've ever been disappointed in buying, out of 12-15 WSO purchases, was the only WSO of the Day I've ever bought. I thought WSO of the Day meant something, but I was disappointed because it taught taking copyrighted material and using it without permission - which is clearly illegal.

    The lesson, especially for newbies, is to remember that WSO of the Day means absolutely nothing. It's just another WSO, probably selected on potential profitability and not on quality and certainly not on legality.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Perhaps they should change the name to "WSO Daily Discount" or something like that.

      Anyway, as far as announcing the fact that you were selected "WSO of the Day" in your sales copy...

      If potential customers really understood what "WSO of the Day" was, it would most likely hurt conversions rather than help them. People would know that they missed out on a significant discount. Not a deal killer if you truly need something. But if it's an impulse buy it adds resistance.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607965].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

        Perhaps they should change the name to "WSO Daily Discount" or something like that.
        I think "WSO" should be taken out of the label. Using it implies some kind of approval from the forum, either Allan or the mods.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1607985].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lance K
          Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

          I think "WSO" should be taken out of the label. Using it implies some kind of approval from the forum, either Allan or the mods.
          Not a bad idea. Just using "[Daily Discount]" would work. People would know what to look for in the title and who to look for as the seller if they're interested, regardless of the official title of the promotion.

          I don't know what Allen's participation is on all of this (nor do I care...it's his forum). I would think that the whole deal would have been shut down by Allen or the Mods by now for violating the rules Bev pointed out. Unless there has been some sort of understanding reached behind the scenes. Regardless, that's not my business. I would just like to see an end to people using the name of the program to imply something that it clearly is NOT.
          Signature
          "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
          ~ Zig Ziglar
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1608020].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

          I think "WSO" should be taken out of the label. Using it implies some kind of approval from the forum, either Allan or the mods.
          OR....

          Set a forum filter to replace "WSO" with the word "Warthog".

          ~M~
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609093].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
            So what exactly is the advantage of using the WarriorPro service then? I can see the want to J.V. with Allen part as your product would be all over the forum at the top, but what's the advantage other than that? As Bev said, I haven't seen one of those offers that J.V. with Allen in a long time.

            I've heard it delivers it for you, but a simple redirection of a pay pal button after checkout to your download page will take care of that. You have to discount the WSO by 20% AND give up 50%? Lol, no way.

            Have a good enough product to get some good feedback in your thread and it will sell just fine by itself.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609170].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Lance K
              Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

              So what exactly is the advantage of using the WarriorPro service then? I can see the want to J.V. with Allen part as your product would be all over the forum at the top, but what's the advantage other than that? As Bev said, I haven't seen one of those offers that J.V. with Allen in a long time.

              I've heard it delivers it for you, but a simple redirection of a pay pal button after checkout to your download page will take care of that. You have to discount the WSO by 20% AND give up 50%? Lol, no way.

              Have a good enough product to get some good feedback in your thread and it will sell just fine by itself.

              Bryan, I'm not disagreeing with you, but just thought that I'd point out the following comments made by Allen...

              The WSO Pro system is awesome. It makes running a WSO so much easier and quicker than anything else. It also cuts down on customer service hassles big time.
              JV deals or not, you really should check into WSO Pro for running your WSO's. It's so good and so easy that I've seriously thought about making it a requirement to even run WSO's. I'm not going to do that, but I really should. It's that good.
              Signature
              "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
              ~ Zig Ziglar
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    Lance, I agree there is some agreement we don't know about. But, the way the rules are written, the wso of the day breaks them. It was only when I saw the options recently and reading this and the thread by Big Mike I even thought of it.

    It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice if it was clarified all around. I also think taking WSO out of the title would work, because the ones being picked come from a relatively short number of WSO.

    Bev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1608963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    Bryan, I can answer why I used it. I wanted to run a dime sale, and it allows you to do that without using any complicated software. It was worth the $18 to do that.

    Bev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609188].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
      Originally Posted by Bev Clement View Post

      Bryan, I can answer why I used it. I wanted to run a dime sale, and it allows you to do that without using any complicated software. It was worth the $18 to do that.

      Bev

      I understand why you used it Bev, and it makes sense for something like that, but the way WSO's move off the first two pages now, to discount something by 20% and give up 50% at the same time is ............

      If there was a way for it to stay at the top of the 1st page for a set number of hours or the whole day since it is "wso of the day" then I'd roll the dice. But other than that, I just don't see the advantage.

      Again, if your product is good enough, people WILL find it through the views the thread has, posts on the thread and by word of mouth.

      You'd do better by working out a deal with other warriors to J.V. through their lists to drive traffic to it and giving them 50%
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609209].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ic7
        Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

        If there was a way for it to stay at the top of the 1st page for a set number of hours or the whole day since it is "wso of the day" then I'd roll the dice.
        That's an amazing idea. And it would be coupled with a broadcast to Mike's WSO Pro member list.

        Paul
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609499].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
          Originally Posted by ic7 View Post

          That's an amazing idea. And it would be coupled with a broadcast to Mike's WSO Pro member list.

          Paul
          I still think it would be more profitable to create J.V.s with other warriors that have lists or would be willing to put it in their signature than cutting the price by 20% and then giving up 50% just to have a title on it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609646].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SMS
            Very interesting conversation here and quite enlightening to say the least.

            But I think people need to CALM DOWN and get some perspective.

            First of all... I'm pretty sure that Allen is fully aware of the WSO OF THE DAY arrangement & has no problems with it. If he did, I don't think Mike would be running it. Period!

            There was a thread (quite a long one) where Allen himself raised the option of using Mike's system to allow Warriors to JV with WSO vendors. Mike was keen for this to happen, but eventually Allen vetoed the idea.

            As to breaking rules. That's a very funny one.

            I was recently banned for breaking a rule I didn't know existed, and for doing something that people till this day continue to do. Apparently, the rule I broke was using the word 'WSO'. Go figure!

            Personally, I think that rules need to be clear & consistently enforced.


            I will be the first to admit that the quality of some WSOs OF THE DAY have been very questionable. In fact, I had to ask for a refund on one, and didn't do so for the first disappointing one because I thought it was a one off. Recently, there was a third one - which was borderline.

            However, I hope that people aren't painting all WSOs OF THE DAY with the same 'low quality' brush!

            I've bought several, and the vast majority are top quality offerings.

            I would defy anybody to suggest that products by very reputable Warriors like Steven Fullman, Brian McElroy, Maria Gudelis are anything but the highest quality. These guys have one thing in common - they've had WSOs OF THE DAY.

            You also have people like Kamran, Louise Evans & AJ (to mention a few others) who have also had WSOs OF THE DAY.

            Personally, I am obsesive about quality. I even have a report on producing quality products and WSOs, & ironically it is one of my worst performing WSOs. That alone says something about the state of affairs of the WSO Forum - Hype not Quality sells. In my case, I try to mix Hype with Quality... and most of the time it works.

            The plain and unembelished truth is that the majority of WSOs suck. BIG TIME!

            Actually in retrospect, I would say Mike has done quite well in filtering out the CRAP. He hasn't been 100% successful - but in my opinion he has done a brilliant job.

            About the profitability of running a WSO OF THE DAY... I have been 'lucky' enough to have 3... and I would do them every day all day. You just have to look at the $ PER VISITOR to see that it's a no brainer.

            Making the WSO OF THE DAY - a sticky is an absolutely brilliant idea, and could quite possibly double takiings!

            I heard a rumour that a system was in development to shuffle WSOs based on quality & popularity... so that the cream rises to the top. That would certainly help things.

            Last week, my WSO dropped to Page 3 in a little over 16 hours!

            I too, am looking at marketing opportunities outside the WSO Forum - it's getting much too crowded for my liking.

            In summary, don't blame Mike Lantz if people jump on the bandwagon & try to market their WSOs with WSO OF THE SECOND all the way to MILLENIUM. :p

            All is fair in Love and War... and I thought you called yourself a Warrior?

            Peace unto y'all.

            Over and out.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1609978].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
              Originally Posted by SMS View Post

              I was recently banned for breaking a rule I didn't know existed, and for doing something that people till this day continue to do. Apparently, the rule I broke was using the word 'WSO'. Go figure!
              Just using the word "WSO" won't get you banned. WSO, WSO, WSO. (Am I banned yet? )

              It's all about context. Lots of posts get deleted in the main forum because people are trying to pre-sell a WSO.

              For example, they'll say something like, "I'm about to run a WSO on my amazing XYZ product, but I have a question about paying for the WSO." Or, "I just launched my WSO -- you can see it here. My question: can I change the title?" Or, "Should I run a WSO?"

              So, it depends on how the word WSO is used.

              As for rules getting broken all the time...

              If you see someone breaking a rule, hit the little report button next to their post. If enough people agree with you that the post is circumventing a rule, the post will disappear.

              Cheers,
              Becky
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1610595].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author SMS
                In my case I was offering review copies of my WSO. I was made to understand that if I had just offered review copies of my product without mentioning it was a WSO - I wouldn't have been banned. :confused:

                I haven't seen any rules either way - so I don't know how valid that piece of info is.

                Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

                Just using the word "WSO" won't get you banned. WSO, WSO, WSO. (Am I banned yet? )

                It's all about context. Lots of posts get deleted in the main forum because people are trying to pre-sell a WSO.

                For example, they'll say something like, "I'm about to run a WSO on my amazing XYZ product, but I have a question about paying for the WSO." Or, "I just launched my WSO -- you can see it here. My question: can I change the title?" Or, "Should I run a WSO?"

                So, it depends on how the word WSO is used.

                As for rules getting broken all the time...

                If you see someone breaking a rule, hit the little report button next to their post. If enough people agree with you that the post is circumventing a rule, the post will disappear.

                Cheers,
                Becky
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611134].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
                  Originally Posted by SMS View Post

                  In my case I was offering review copies of my WSO. I was made to understand that if I had just offered review copies of my product without mentioning it was a WSO - I wouldn't have been banned. :confused:

                  I haven't seen any rules either way - so I don't know how valid that piece of info is.
                  Yes, that did look like pre-selling.

                  As for asking for reviews without mentioning the word WSO -- that's pretty much frowned on too. That's because too many folks ask for reviews as a way to advertise and pre-sell. In fact, I've seen what amounts to a full-blown ad followed by, "who wants to review this?"

                  Sometimes, folks do the sock-puppet thing. One asks for a review. Someone else comes back with glowing words. Someone else is sad because they didn't get a review copy, but they're wondering when the person is going to run a WSO.

                  So, to avoid all that, review requests are generally looked at with a skeptical eye and a cocked eyebrow.

                  What to do instead?

                  1. You could put a review request in your sig.

                  2. If you've built up relationships with others on this forum, you can privately ask them if they'd be willing to review your product. Don't spam strangers. But certainly you can make a request from your friends.

                  3. You could run a free WSO with a review request. (You can limit copies and run a paid product WSO later.)

                  4. Have a list or a blog? Ask your prospects to review it.

                  And similar methods.

                  cheers,
                  Becky
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611180].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author SMS
                    Thanks Becky.

                    I normally offer review copies in the WSO thread itself, but I felt it would be better to gather the reviews before the WSO launches. That way, people don't have to wait hours & hours before a review comes in.

                    Personally, I prefer people I have no relationship with to review my WSOs. I think the feedback will be more objective than if I asked people I already had a relationship with. However, as a result of my ban - I have resorted to doing the latter.

                    If you don't mind me asking, where can these rules be found?

                    I still see people offering review copies in the main forum & it sure makes things as confusing as hell.

                    I am now paranoid about what I can and cannot write.

                    Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

                    Yes, that did look like pre-selling.

                    As for asking for reviews without mentioning the word WSO -- that's pretty much frowned on too. That's because too many folks ask for reviews as a way to advertise and pre-sell. In fact, I've seen what amounts to a full-blown ad followed by, "who wants to review this?"

                    Sometimes, folks do the sock-puppet thing. One asks for a review. Someone else comes back with glowing words. Someone else is sad because they didn't get a review copy, but they're wondering when the person is going to run a WSO.

                    So, to avoid all that, review requests are generally looked at with a skeptical eye and a cocked eyebrow.

                    What to do instead?

                    1. You could put a review request in your sig.

                    2. If you've built up relationships with others on this forum, you can privately ask them if they'd be willing to review your product. Don't spam strangers. But certainly you can make a request from your friends.

                    3. You could run a free WSO with a review request. (You can limit copies and run a paid product WSO later.)

                    4. Have a list or a blog? Ask your prospects to review it.

                    And similar methods.

                    cheers,
                    Becky
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611364].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author SMS
                  BIG Mike, I'm sure you are well aware that people & things can have more than one thing in common. The fact that does guys have bad ass WSOs in common does not preclude them having WSOs OF THE DAY in common.

                  Moreso, my gut feeling is that one of the key criteria Mike uses to pick WSOs is how successful they have been. Why would he want to pick an unsuccessful WSO - that would be unlikely to sell well?

                  I can't answer for Mike, but if I were in his shoes I would only be picking successful WSOs. Maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

                  My signature does not say I was awarded anything. If anything, it implies that the WSOs were awarded WSOs OF THE DAY.

                  At the end of the day, it is purely a marketing gimmick. This is a marketing forum right? I am immensely proud that 3 of my WSOs were picked/awarded/selected/chosen/filtered/honoured as WSO OF THE DAY.

                  Maybe for a veteran marketer - WSO OF THE DAY is a load of bull, but Hey Guys I am a newbie, and as far as I am concerned, that is recognition that I am doing sommink right.

                  All I am saying is don't paint all WSOs OF THE DAY with the same brush?

                  BTW... are you by any chance implying that Mr Says does not approve of the WSO OF THE DAY scheme? Hmm...

                  Thanks for the heads up.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611192].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by SMS View Post

                    BIG Mike, I'm sure you are well aware that people & things can have more than one thing in common. The fact that does guys have bad ass WSOs in common does not preclude them having WSOs OF THE DAY in common.

                    Moreso, my gut feeling is that one of the key criteria Mike uses to pick WSOs is how successful they have been. Why would he want to pick an unsuccessful WSO - that would be unlikely to sell well?

                    I can't answer for Mike, but if I were in his shoes I would only be picking successful WSOs. Maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

                    My signature does not say I was awarded anything. If anything, it implies that the WSOs were awarded WSOs OF THE DAY.

                    At the end of the day, it is purely a marketing gimmick. This is a marketing forum right? I am immensely proud that 3 of my WSOs were picked/awarded/selected/chosen/filtered/honoured as WSO OF THE DAY.

                    Maybe for a veteran marketer - WSO OF THE DAY is a load of bull, but Hey Guys I am a newbie, and as far as I am concerned, that is recognition that I am doing sommink right.

                    All I am saying is don't paint all WSOs OF THE DAY with the same brush?

                    BTW... are you by any chance implying that Mr Says does not approve of the WSO OF THE DAY scheme? Hmm...

                    Thanks for the heads up.
                    Yes, I am saying that....

                    And who is Mike Lance to arbitrarily "Award" or "Choose" anything related to the Warrior Forum? He only chooses those who foolishly pay him $18 and 50% of their profit...all for the sake of putting money in his pocket.

                    I say foolishly, because if your WSO is already popular, he ain't gonna make it any more popular. His name doesn't carry 1/1000 of the value of JV'ing with Allen.

                    Again, let's be clear - you PAID for the opportunity to JV with Mike Lantz...if you prefer to lie about it and call it a marketing gimmick, that's your business. But it blows your credibility away in my opinion...I'm sorry you can't see that.

                    Once and for all, the WSO of the Day is absolutely meaningless to anyone but Mike Lantz. He's the only winner - for now...
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611287].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
              Banned
              I think your twisting your argument somewhat - the members you mentioned having the WSO of the Day as "One thing in common" is misleading. What they have in common is that they created some kickass WSO's that were already successful BEFORE the WSO of the Day came into play.

              What they have in common related to it is that after running a popular WSO, they paid for the privlige of JV'ing with Mike...nothing more or less. Just as you're spinning the "Award" in your signature - that's a huge credibility buster in my opinion...you were never awarded anything and yet you're actually lying in your signature that you were.

              As to Allen allowing it to go on...we'll see. Even though he never approved the WSO of the day, you're only assuming that it's allowed. There's no point in second guessing what Allen will or will not allow...but at the end of the day, it's his call alone to make.


              Originally Posted by SMS View Post

              Very interesting conversation here and quite enlightening to say the least.

              But I think people need to CALM DOWN and get some perspective.

              First of all... I'm pretty sure that Allen is fully aware of the WSO OF THE DAY arrangement & has no problems with it. If he did, I don't think Mike would be running it. Period!

              There was a thread (quite a long one) where Allen himself raised the option of using Mike's system to allow Warriors to JV with WSO vendors. Mike was keen for this to happen, but eventually Allen vetoed the idea.

              As to breaking rules. That's a very funny one.

              I was recently banned for breaking a rule I didn't know existed, and for doing something that people till this day continue to do. Apparently, the rule I broke was using the word 'WSO'. Go figure!

              Personally, I think that rules need to be clear & consistently enforced.

              I will be the first to admit that the quality of some WSOs OF THE DAY have been very questionable. In fact, I had to ask for a refund on one, and didn't do so for the first disappointing one because I thought it was a one off. Recently, there was a third one - which was borderline.

              However, I hope that people aren't painting all WSOs OF THE DAY with the same 'low quality' brush!

              I've bought several, and the vast majority are top quality offerings.

              I would defy anybody to suggest that products by very reputable Warriors like Steven Fullman, Brian McElroy, Maria Gudelis are anything but the highest quality. These guys have one thing in common - they've had WSOs OF THE DAY.

              You also have people like Kamran, Louise Evans & AJ (to mention a few others) who have also had WSOs OF THE DAY.

              Personally, I am obsesive about quality. I even have a report on producing quality products and WSOs, & ironically it is one of my worst performing WSOs. That alone says something about the state of affairs of the WSO Forum - Hype not Quality sells. In my case, I try to mix Hype with Quality... and most of the time it works.

              The plain and unembelished truth is that the majority of WSOs suck. BIG TIME!

              Actually in retrospect, I would say Mike has done quite well in filtering out the CRAP. He hasn't been 100% successful - but in my opinion he has done a brilliant job.

              About the profitability of running a WSO OF THE DAY... I have been 'lucky' enough to have 3... and I would do them every day all day. You just have to look at the $ PER VISITOR to see that it's a no brainer.

              Making the WSO OF THE DAY - a sticky is an absolutely brilliant idea, and could quite possibly double takiings!

              I heard a rumour that a system was in development to shuffle WSOs based on quality & popularity... so that the cream rises to the top. That would certainly help things.

              Last week, my WSO dropped to Page 3 in a little over 16 hours!

              I too, am looking at marketing opportunities outside the WSO Forum - it's getting much too crowded for my liking.

              In summary, don't blame Mike Lantz if people jump on the bandwagon & try to market their WSOs with WSO OF THE SECOND all the way to MILLENIUM. :p

              All is fair in Love and War... and I thought you called yourself a Warrior?

              Peace unto y'all.

              Over and out.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1611018].message }}

Trending Topics