We all know it's very important to build a list whether you are in info market or physical products market, so I shall not repeat.
The entire IM industry is touting "Build a List, The money is in the List", but frankly it's BS..
Why BS? Do I even know what I'm talking about?
90% of the people whom I see building a list totally misunderstand the meaning of "Build a List, The money is in the List", their lists will only be responsive (at most) the 1st 3 months because:
- they are thinking in terms of how much $$$ they can make from the list of leads
- worst, once they have a list of buyers what do they do? feed them more offers or what I call "chasing the buying frenzy", once the buying frenzy is over, the list is BS
LIST LOYALTY! Without list loyalty you can forget about $$$ in the list.
What's list loyalty? Definitely not about sending your subscribers:
- sales video or testimonials faking as content videos
- content that your neighbour next door is also rewriting
Early to Rise is one of the e.g. why they are a $100m company (or is it $30m, I don't remember) with a list of 450 000 subscriber, their list are probably one of the most responsive in the world.
They are not worrying about:
- how many links I need to build today
- what's the ROI for my PPC campaigns
- how many articles do I need to syndicate
- how many linkwheels do I need to build
- how many keywords do I need to research
If I did offend some people because of my post, I do apologize.
For those that think it's useful, remember 1 thing, long term revenue in your pocket is the only thing that counts, nothing else matter.