EZA just suspended my account

81 replies
I'm still in shock. Eza suspended my account.

Eza said my article was not original enough! Asked whether I bought a pack which I actually did not. I got my pack free (hahaha)

I thought I rewrote the plr well but apparently did not! I'm guttered.

I have fessed up. How long do you think it'll take before my account is re-activated?
#account #eza #suspended
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    You violated their TOS and you want your account reinstated?

    Consider yourself very lucky if it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yommys01
    about 3 days if you are a first time offender. Next time, use dupecop to check the uniqueness of your articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658375].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jdjenkins
      I would try GoArticles as an alternative - they usuall rank very well,

      best wishes,

      Jon.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by yommys01 View Post

      about 3 days if you are a first time offender. Next time, use dupecop to check the uniqueness of your articles.
      Please don't encourage him.

      EZA does NOT accept PLR material no matter HOW much it is rewritten.

      Hell, they don't even allow you to write about PLR as an article topic.

      This is why Chris has to start cracking down on members because of bone
      headed stuff like this. :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658383].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yommys01
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Please don't encourage him.

        EZA does NOT accept PLR material no matter HOW much it is rewritten.

        Hell, they don't even allow you to write about PLR as an article topic.

        This is why Chris has to start cracking down on members because of bone
        headed stuff like this. :rolleyes:
        I am not encouraging him

        He even PMed me and here is my reply to him.

        Great to know you are a Nigerian. I don't use plr articles. I have over 600 articles at ezinearticles but all ( at least about 85% ) are written by me while some are outsourced.
        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658395].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author l23bc
          Originally Posted by yommys01 View Post

          I am not encouraging him

          He even PMed me and here is my reply to him.

          .
          Whats being nigeran got to do with eza, why did he get banned?
          Signature

          No Link here or Nothing to Promote Just a Old Happy Warrior User reading Topics

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659137].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            Here is why he was suspended (not banned)

            EZA states articles must original

            PLR is not ORIGINAL no matter how you move the words around. Most who discuss rewriting PLR do nothing more than rearrange the words and sentences and that won't cut it.
            Signature
            Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

            I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659155].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author magentawave
        I'm sooooo glad EZA doesn't accept PLR!

        Steve



        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Please don't encourage him.

        EZA does NOT accept PLR material no matter HOW much it is rewritten.

        Hell, they don't even allow you to write about PLR as an article topic.

        This is why Chris has to start cracking down on members because of bone
        headed stuff like this. :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658397].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author innocent07
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Please don't encourage him.

        EZA does NOT accept PLR material no matter HOW much it is rewritten.

        Hell, they don't even allow you to write about PLR as an article topic.

        This is why Chris has to start cracking down on members because of bone
        headed stuff like this. :rolleyes:
        How can do tell how rewritten the article is, from an original article?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1661102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToniMaltano
    I never used PLR articles but I think that EZA is too strict sometimes. I mean
    hey it is their business and of course they only want quality stuff and not
    some crap. I can totally understand that. But they sometimes ban accounts
    for no reason and I think that is too risky to put some of your eggs in ezines
    basket.

    But instead of crying I just go with goartciles or another article directory. I
    had some great results using GoArticles in the last months.
    Signature
    ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658426].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Toni Maltano View Post

      But they sometimes ban accounts
      for no reason.
      No...they don't ban accounts for no reason. They ban accounts because
      they break their rules.

      Your statement not only makes no sense but it's also ludicrous.

      EZA does not indiscriminately toss a coin and decide whether or not to
      boot somebody out of their system.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658434].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ToniMaltano
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        No...they don't ban accounts for no reason. They ban accounts because
        they break their rules.

        Your statement not only makes no sense but it's also ludicrous.

        EZA does not indiscriminately toss a coin and decide whether or not to
        boot somebody out of their system.

        I said they "SOMETIMES" ban accounts for no reason. How do I
        know?

        Because it happened to me once. I asked why several times and I
        didn't get an answer from them. I didn't mean that they just ban
        all kinds of people for no reason all the time. But they sometimes
        act crazy for no reason and again, I know because it happened to me.

        I
        Signature
        ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1660853].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by Toni Maltano View Post

          I said they "SOMETIMES" ban accounts for no reason. How do I
          know?

          Because it happened to me once. I asked why several times and I
          didn't get an answer from them. I didn't mean that they just ban
          all kinds of people for no reason all the time. But they sometimes
          act crazy for no reason and again, I know because it happened to me.

          I
          Sorry...don't buy it. They don't just look at your account and say, "Hmmm,
          I don't like this guy. I think I'll ban him."

          You did something. Just because they didn't tell you what it was doesn't
          mean that there wasn't some kind of a problem.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1660966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    Wow, I didn't know they ban accounts because of stuff like this.

    Then again I have never tried to re-write a PLR article.

    This may be slightly off topic, but try looking up the top articles in your niche, then just say their information in your words.

    That way you are spreading good information, yet it is an original article. I imagine this is just as easy as re-writing a PLR article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Slin
      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

      No, no, no...this is NO better than plagiarism.

      You MUST research your topic. You must know what you're talking about.

      You can't just be a f*cking parrot and repeat what somebody said in
      your own words.

      IMO, EZA needs to boot a lot more people out of their system. :rolleyes:
      First off Steven I must say I am a little offended that you would drop the F bomb at me. Especially since you are a marketer that I respect and follow on the warrior forum.

      I think you misunderstood me, I ALWAYS do research on my niches, I make sure I know what I am talking about.

      But if I read a top article in my niche for ideas of what to write about, well I don't see any problems there.

      If I am reading information in an article, and I think it is good, I don't see any reason why I should not include it in my own article. Spreading information and good ideas never seems like a crime to me.

      However, copying and pasting someone's work is something that I do have issues with.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658751].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by Slin View Post

        First off Steven I must say I am a little offended that you would drop the F bomb at me. Especially since you are a marketer that I respect and follow on the warrior forum.

        I think you misunderstood me, I ALWAYS do research on my niches, I make sure I know what I am talking about.

        But if I read a top article in my niche for ideas of what to write about, well I don't see any problems there.

        If I am reading information in an article, and I think it is good, I don't see any reason why I should not include it in my own article. Spreading information and good ideas never seems like a crime to me.

        However, copying and pasting someone's work is something that I do have issues with.

        First of all, my language was not directed to you personally.

        Second of all, if you can't see what's wrong with what you're doing then
        you can't see it.

        I'm done trying to show you how wrong it is.

        Do what you want and suffer the consequences.

        It's THAT simple.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658757].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Greggg
          I agree with Steve that there are a lot of good uses for PLR. That being said, most plr is crap and it takes longer to turn it into a piece of quality content than it does to just do the research and write a good, unique article from scratch.

          If you do things right, it MAY take you a little longer, but the long term benefits far outweigh the extra time. I have articles on EZA that still bring me consistent traffic YEARS after I've submitted them and done nothing else.

          Do it right and build a long term business that's a growing asset. Take the shortcuts like this and it will catch up to you.

          Gregg
          Signature

          Formerly Grroeb (member for a LONG time - since 2002 - for some reason have never been able to recover my password)

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    I will wait and see their response.

    Hope it comes out positive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    Simply add value to the reader. Make the articles keyword driven but do not keyword stuff. I have followed this recipe with a few tricks up my sleeve (all white hat) and made a very good chunk of change.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658457].message }}
  • Thought people would of learned by now.

    PLR articles for me are a source of learning, I use them if I need to know more about a topic and take notes, as well doing my own cold hard research.

    You really can't of written it very well or unique if they noticed it, considering the review alot of articles per day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658473].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Hitson
      Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

      I know what I am going to do. I am going to sue!

      What's funny is you seem to think it's cute. It's not cute at all. Thank god they shut you down. Kudo's to Chris and EZA.

      With the time you've spent creating and responding to this tread, you could have researched and written a good solid value added article.

      You've wasted your time. Bad shortcuts never work out the way you think they will. It's better to take time to do it right the first time. You decided to do the opposite, now you're starting from scratch. Did you really think you were going to fool editors that get paid to read articles ALL DAY LONG?
      Signature
      "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody"
      -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658489].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ron Hitson
        Originally Posted by honestbizpro View Post

        Tough Love is still love.

        He's an adult. He can handle it. No need to beat around the bush.
        Signature
        "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody"
        -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658541].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author All Night Cafe
          This is a very good thread. I'm waiting to see if my first
          article will be published.

          It is 100% original. But the advise here points out
          how to post the right way.

          Thanks

          And Steven, I bought your WSO the FTC guidelines etc,
          read it 2 times before I started article. I followed what
          you said, and it made writing much easier.

          I didn't try any tricks. Jusy wrote as you taught.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658582].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

      I know what I am going to do. I am going to sue!
      Good luck with that. Let us know how it works out for you. :rolleyes::confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blondmoo
    Hey, this is slightly off topic but I see that Steve is on here....does anyone have click through rates that vary at different times of the year? Is that possible or have I just lost my magical touch with my topic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658498].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Hitson
      Originally Posted by Blondmoo View Post

      Hey, this is slightly off topic but I see that Steve is on here....does anyone have click through rates that vary at different times of the year? Is that possible or have I just lost my magical touch with my topic

      Start a new thread or use the archives......
      Signature
      "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody"
      -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    I am just trying to make myself happy. I am a bit devastated.

    I am a plan B person.

    Trying to move ahead immediately.

    Now, are there article directories strictly for internet marketers such as associateprograms.com.

    If you know of any, pls let me know
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

      I am just trying to make myself happy. I am a bit devastated.

      I am a plan B person.

      Trying to move ahead immediately.

      Now, are there article directories strictly for internet marketers such as associateprograms.com.

      If you know of any, pls let me know
      There is no such thing as an article directory just for Internet marketers.
      Article directories exist for 2 reasons.

      1. To give authors a place to submit their articles.
      2. To give those looking for content for their sites something to put there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658525].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scrofford
      Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

      I am just trying to make myself happy. I am a bit devastated.

      I am a plan B person.

      Trying to move ahead immediately.

      Now, are there article directories strictly for internet marketers such as associateprograms.com.

      If you know of any, pls let me know
      If you do what's RIGHT and not cut corners you won't have these problems. Quit trying to do the same thing somewhere else. You won't be successful and you will have the same problem.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newton
    Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

    I'm still in shock. Eza suspended my account.

    Eza said my article was not original enough! Asked whether I bought a pack which I actually did not. I got my pack free (hahaha)

    I thought I rewrote the plr well but apparently did not! I'm guttered.

    I have fessed up. How long do you think it'll take before my account is re-activated?
    What exactly are you gutted about?

    Being too lazy to write an article or being caught for trying to cheat their system?

    Not trying to be harsh here but EZA exists and can work well for people who use it correctly. Laziness in business will only get you lazy results.

    Tony

    P.S. - Just use another email address, open a new account and submit UNIQUE articles.
    Signature
    Check Out My Blog For Affiliate Marketing Tips => Click Here <=

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      P.S. - Just use another email address, open a new account and submit UNIQUE articles.
      Which is breaking the rules just as much as PLR.

      Pot, meet kettle:rolleyes:

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    I don't consider re-writing PLR lazy. Nothing wrong with that! Only I should have re-written it well.

    Let me wait and see what happens
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658627].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658647].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author grandstar
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        EZA disagree with you on that point, and on their site they get to make up the rules.

        Please don't take it personally, but from my own perspective it enhances their value to me when they kick out people who re-write PLR material.
        Let me surprise you.. I thanked you though I don't 100% agree with you. I admire your honesty.

        So what does one use plr for then?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658675].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ron Hitson
          Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

          Let me surprise you.. I thanked you though I don't 100% agree with you. I admire your honesty.

          So what does one use plr for then?
          Use it for research and guidance and article structure or generating ideas.

          I have over 100,000 PLR articles. I've never rewritten, copied or used one them for posting on directories, blogs/sites.

          When I need ideas I dig into my PLR file to get ideas on how to make the content flow and ideas on how to format the article.
          Signature
          "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody"
          -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658685].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

          Let me surprise you.. I thanked you though I don't 100% agree with you. I admire your honesty.

          So what does one use plr for then?
          There are some great uses for PLR but I'm not going into them in this thread.

          Trouble is, most people don't really understand how to use PLR and what
          to do with it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    What I could never understand is if you are going to go to the trouble of rewriting PLR, why not put a unique spin on it and offer something different that other webmasters will want to put on their blogs thus gaining you even more backlinks? Is it that much more effort?
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joanne Reid
    Rewriting PLR is a big waste of time. The effort to find the lead and the points in most PLR takes more time than creating a fresh new article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658689].message }}
  • Personally, a quick way of learning different parts of a niche in one concentrated package rather than searching for it. You learn, you research some more, and you write your own notes, then you use what you learn and mix and match to make your own unique versions.

    And have people forgot, when going into a niche, going to an actual library is a good way of finding out about a niche, like full on 500+ page books on a certain niche, and my library do free rentals! People are lazy so doesn't matter that you learned from a book.

    Once you know the stuff, you know more the most of the population, people are lazy so rather than go to the library, they'd rather purchase online, and that's why you'll be there with your valuable researched ebook when they go looking online.

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Home Easy Earn
    You can use PLR to give you ideas for your own articles, if you read a plr article then write your own article based on that you will find that your own written article will be completly different to the plr one.

    Myself I do not use PLR, if you do enough research about your niche you will find that you can write hundreds of different articles yourself. Thats why I always say you have to choose a niche that you are passionate about. That way reading and learning even more about your niche is enjoyable. Which means you always have pleanty of information at your finger tips to create your own articles without the risk of having your account taken away from you for using PLR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    PLR is great for learning, for posting on your own blog, for using in an autoresponder, for compiling it into reports, for posting on your web2.0 properties, but the last thing I would do with it is post it to an article directory. I just don't think that is the best use for it and, of course, if it is against the directories TOS, then you are just asking for trouble.
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658707].message }}
  • Exactly, you can't change facts just because someone has already written about it, the best you can do is learn it, understand it and put it in your own words.

    If you were to write about gardening, you wouldn't make up something like, if you leave the seed above the ground it has a chance of growing because the gardening pixie fairy is going to sprinkle magic onto it, you have no choice but to repeat what others have said in the past, but put your own words to it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

      Exactly, you can't change facts just because someone has already written about it, the best you can do is learn it, understand it and put it in your own words.

      If you were to write about gardening, you wouldn't make up something like, if you leave the seed above the ground it has a chance of growing because the gardening pixie fairy is going to sprinkle magic onto it, you have no choice but to repeat what others have said in the past, but put your own words to it.
      You're not getting it.

      Okay, let me give you an example.

      Everybody, I think, knows how to play baseball, at least the basics.

      Right? They understand that each at bat you get 3 strikes and 4 balls.
      There are 3 outs in an inning. There are 9 innings, and so on.

      This is all common knowledge for anybody who has grown up with the
      game...correct?

      If I asked 10 people here to write a 500 word article on the rules of
      baseball (which would obviously need to contain info besides the pure
      facts) those 10 articles would ALL be different. They'd all have a personal
      touch to them that you can't get out of reading somebody else's article
      and just rewriting it. The reason is because, if you know nothing about
      the subject, you are limited to the words of THAT article. There is no
      way you can add anything substantial to it.

      In fact, I'd love to have 10 people write an article on the rules of baseball
      right now and post them here to prove my point.

      Bottom line...what you are doing is wrong...period.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author grandstar
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        You're not getting it.

        Okay, let me give you an example.

        Everybody, I think, knows how to play baseball, at least the basics.

        Right? They understand that each at bat you get 3 strikes and 4 balls.
        There are 3 outs in an inning. There are 9 innings, and so on.

        This is all common knowledge for anybody who has grown up with the
        game...correct?

        If I asked 10 people here to write a 500 word article on the rules of
        baseball (which would obviously need to contain info besides the pure
        facts) those 10 articles would ALL be different. They'd all have a personal
        touch to them that you can't get out of reading somebody else's article
        and just rewriting it. The reason is because, if you know nothing about
        the subject, you are limited to the words of THAT article. There is no
        way you can add anything substantial to it.

        In fact, I'd love to have 10 people write an article on the rules of baseball
        right now and post them here to prove my point.

        Bottom line...what you are doing is wrong...period.
        You are beginning to bother my conscience.

        I am not really a fan of article marketing and just doing it to drive traffic and earn a respectable income.

        What you are basically saying is that a decorated donkey is still a donkey.

        That re-written plr is still a "plr article"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658809].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Here's my baseball article. You can only write something like this from
          acquired knowledge...not from reading somebody else's article and
          regurgitating it.

          ____________________
          START OF ARTICLE
          ____________________

          It's almost unimaginable that anybody would not know how to
          play the game of baseball. However, if you're reading this
          article, then my guess is that this is something that you
          are first being introduced to. Well, not a problem. The
          game, at least at the core of it, is very simple. What I am
          going to do in this article is introduce you to some of the
          basic rules of the game. I'll leave out all the boring
          history stuff because, let's face it, who cares? Right?

          Okay, let's start with where the game is played. Baseball
          is played on a field that is shaped kind of like a triangle,
          with a cone shaped top. Take a look at a baseball field and
          you'll see what I mean. Anyway, the dimensions vary from
          one field to another. Major league parks can get quite
          large, some hitting 450 feet to straightaway center field or
          longer. Minor league and Little league parks are smaller.
          But the game, with few differences, is played the same.

          A major difference is that in the Major and Minor leagues, a
          game is 9 innings, whereas in Little league, a game is 6
          innings. There are other minor rule differences such as
          designated hitter rules but we'll stay away from those for
          now as I don't want you to get too confused.

          A game is played with 9 players on each team either taking
          the field or sitting in the dugout waiting to bat. There are
          nine positions, catcher, pitcher, first base, second base,
          shortstop, third base, left field, center field and right
          field. With the exception of the National league in the
          majors, there is also a designated hitter.

          Each team gets 3 outs per inning. Once the 3 outs are made,
          the next team comes to bat. An out is made either when a
          batter makes 3 swings at the ball and misses three times or
          hits the ball and it's either caught by one of the fielders
          or is thrown to first base before the batter gets there if
          not caught before the ball hits the ground.

          A team gets a run when one of the players crosses home
          plate. This can happen in many ways. The easiest is when the
          batter hits the ball over the fence in the outfield. That's
          a home run. However, there are other ways to score a run. If
          a player reaches first, or one of the other bases, and is
          then driven in by a batter after him, meaning he crosses
          home plate, that is another way to score a run.

          At the end of the 9 innings, the team with the most runs
          wins. If the game is tied at the end of 9 innings, then the
          game goes into extra innings until somebody scores the go
          ahead run. Of course the home team, the last team to bat,
          always gets one more shot...unless of course it rains. But
          that's another story.

          There are more rules and we'll get into them in our next
          article.

          ___________________
          END OF ARTICLE
          ___________________

          510 WORDS...off the top of my head.

          THAT is how you are supposed to write articles.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658846].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author grandstar
            Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            Here's my baseball article. You can only write something like this from
            acquired knowledge...not from reading somebody else's article and
            regurgitating it.

            ____________________
            START OF ARTICLE
            ____________________

            It's almost unimaginable that anybody would not know how to
            play the game of baseball. However, if you're reading this
            article, then my guess is that this is something that you
            are first being introduced to. Well, not a problem. The
            game, at least at the core of it, is very simple. What I am
            going to do in this article is introduce you to some of the
            basic rules of the game. I'll leave out all the boring
            history stuff because, let's face it, who cares? Right?

            Okay, let's start with where the game is played. Baseball
            is played on a field that is shaped kind of like a triangle,
            with a cone shaped top. Take a look at a baseball field and
            you'll see what I mean. Anyway, the dimensions vary from
            one field to another. Major league parks can get quite
            large, some hitting 450 feet to straightaway center field or
            longer. Minor league and Little league parks are smaller.
            But the game, with few differences, is played the same.

            A major difference is that in the Major and Minor leagues, a
            game is 9 innings, whereas in Little league, a game is 6
            innings. There are other minor rule differences such as
            designated hitter rules but we'll stay away from those for
            now as I don't want you to get too confused.

            A game is played with 9 players on each team either taking
            the field or sitting in the dugout waiting to bat. There are
            nine positions, catcher, pitcher, first base, second base,
            shortstop, third base, left field, center field and right
            field. With the exception of the National league in the
            majors, there is also a designated hitter.

            Each team gets 3 outs per inning. Once the 3 outs are made,
            the next team comes to bat. An out is made either when a
            batter makes 3 swings at the ball and misses three times or
            hits the ball and it's either caught by one of the fielders
            or is thrown to first base before the batter gets there if
            not caught before the ball hits the ground.

            A team gets a run when one of the players crosses home
            plate. This can happen in many ways. The easiest is when the
            batter hits the ball over the fence in the outfield. That's
            a home run. However, there are other ways to score a run. If
            a player reaches first, or one of the other bases, and is
            then driven in by a batter after him, meaning he crosses
            home plate, that is another way to score a run.

            At the end of the 9 innings, the team with the most runs
            wins. If the game is tied at the end of 9 innings, then the
            game goes into extra innings until somebody scores the go
            ahead run. Of course the home team, the last team to bat,
            always gets one more shot...unless of course it rains. But
            that's another story.

            There are more rules and we'll get into them in our next
            article.

            ___________________
            END OF ARTICLE
            ___________________

            510 WORDS...off the top of my head.

            THAT is how you are supposed to write articles.
            Steve... Your must be a terrorist cause you're the bomb! Quite good
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658876].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

            Here's my baseball article. You can only write something like this from
            acquired knowledge...not from reading somebody else's article and
            regurgitating it.

            ____________________
            START OF ARTICLE
            ____________________

            It's almost unimaginable that anybody would not know how to
            play the game of baseball. However, if you're reading this
            article, then my guess is that this is something that you
            are first being introduced to. Well, not a problem. The
            game, at least at the core of it, is very simple. What I am
            going to do in this article is introduce you to some of the
            basic rules of the game. I'll leave out all the boring
            history stuff because, let's face it, who cares? Right?

            Okay, let's start with where the game is played. Baseball
            is played on a field that is shaped kind of like a triangle,
            with a cone shaped top. Take a look at a baseball field and
            you'll see what I mean. Anyway, the dimensions vary from
            one field to another. Major league parks can get quite
            large, some hitting 450 feet to straightaway center field or
            longer. Minor league and Little league parks are smaller.
            But the game, with few differences, is played the same.

            A major difference is that in the Major and Minor leagues, a
            game is 9 innings, whereas in Little league, a game is 6
            innings. There are other minor rule differences such as
            designated hitter rules but we'll stay away from those for
            now as I don't want you to get too confused.

            A game is played with 9 players on each team either taking
            the field or sitting in the dugout waiting to bat. There are
            nine positions, catcher, pitcher, first base, second base,
            shortstop, third base, left field, center field and right
            field. With the exception of the National league in the
            majors, there is also a designated hitter.

            Each team gets 3 outs per inning. Once the 3 outs are made,
            the next team comes to bat. An out is made either when a
            batter makes 3 swings at the ball and misses three times or
            hits the ball and it's either caught by one of the fielders
            or is thrown to first base before the batter gets there if
            not caught before the ball hits the ground.

            A team gets a run when one of the players crosses home
            plate. This can happen in many ways. The easiest is when the
            batter hits the ball over the fence in the outfield. That's
            a home run. However, there are other ways to score a run. If
            a player reaches first, or one of the other bases, and is
            then driven in by a batter after him, meaning he crosses
            home plate, that is another way to score a run.

            At the end of the 9 innings, the team with the most runs
            wins. If the game is tied at the end of 9 innings, then the
            game goes into extra innings until somebody scores the go
            ahead run. Of course the home team, the last team to bat,
            always gets one more shot...unless of course it rains. But
            that's another story.

            There are more rules and we'll get into them in our next
            article.

            ___________________
            END OF ARTICLE
            ___________________

            510 WORDS...off the top of my head.

            THAT is how you are supposed to write articles.
            I don't think you understood what I said, when you write about something that you have spent time learning, and now know most of it inside out, you can't go against what you have learned and make your own method that doesn't work and isn't proven.

            But using the knowledge you have learnt, you can create your own article in your own words about the topic, writing about every aspect of that niche.

            I didn't say you should re-write articles by the way, I said I use them as research to find out things about the topic, I also go to libraries and read blogs and forums.

            I was simply saying, just because you see methods said else where does not mean you have to come up with a new method regardless of whether it works, the only thing you can do is give your own perspective in your own words.

            That's what I meant by not being able to change facts.

            For example, if I bought PLR rights to gardening articles, and one of the articles said, how to plant a seed properly, I would then go to the internet and search and read about it, taking notes as I go along.

            I might find other versions like, planting the perfect seed

            how deep should you plant a seed

            And more... I collect notes, then when it comes to crunch time, I don't use the articles, I refer to my notes and the knowledge I've learnt in my brain.

            Sorry if before I worded it wrong, but I don't see a problem with this way.

            Jay.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659018].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
              Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

              I don't think you understood what I said, when you write about something that you have spent time learning, and now know most of it inside out, you can't go against what you have learned and make your own method that doesn't work and isn't proven.

              But using the knowledge you have learnt, you can create your own article in your own words about the topic, writing about every aspect of that niche.

              I didn't say you should re-write articles by the way, I said I use them as research to find out things about the topic, I also go to libraries and read blogs and forums.

              I was simply saying, just because you see methods said else where does not mean you have to come up with a new method regardless of whether it works, the only thing you can do is give your own perspective in your own words.

              That's what I meant by not being able to change facts.

              For example, if I bought PLR rights to gardening articles, and one of the articles said, how to plant a seed properly, I would then go to the internet and search and read about it, taking notes as I go along.

              I might find other versions like, planting the perfect seed

              how deep should you plant a seed

              And more... I collect notes, then when it comes to crunch time, I don't use the articles, I refer to my notes and the knowledge I've learnt in my brain.

              Sorry if before I worded it wrong, but I don't see a problem with this way.

              Jay.

              That's called doing research...which is not the same as reading an
              article and rewriting it in your own words, which is what people seem to
              be suggesting is okay to do.

              As far as not changing facts, no, you can't change facts if they are indeed
              facts.

              But take a look at any article and the actual facts can probably be
              condensed into 50 words...certainly not enough to fill up a 400 word
              article, which is now what EZA seems to want.

              Where are the other 350 words coming from?

              If you're relying on just one source, then all your doing is rearranging
              words because you have no personal frame of reference to add any real
              independent thought.

              That is what makes an article...not regurgitating facts.

              Any monkey can list a bunch of bullet points of facts. That doesn't make
              an article and I see way too much of that crap online. And IMO, all those
              articles should be removed from the Internet and tossed in the trash.

              Sorry, but that's how I see this subject.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659060].message }}
              • Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                That's called doing research...which is not the same as reading an
                article and rewriting it in your own words, which is what people seem to
                be suggesting is okay to do.

                As far as not changing facts, no, you can't change facts if they are indeed
                facts.

                But take a look at any article and the actual facts can probably be
                condensed into 50 words...certainly not enough to fill up a 400 word
                article, which is now what EZA seems to want.

                Where are the other 350 words coming from?

                If you're relying on just one source, then all your doing is rearranging
                words because you have no personal frame of reference to add any real
                independent thought.

                That is what makes an article...not regurgitating facts.

                Any monkey can list a bunch of bullet points of facts. That doesn't make
                an article and I see way too much of that crap online. And IMO, all those
                articles should be removed from the Internet and tossed in the trash.

                Sorry, but that's how I see this subject.
                I think were fighting a losing battle here, I think we both have the same perception, only that you probably put it into better words and explain it better.

                That's what I mean, re-writing is something my m8s use to do to hand in home work, but to use resources as part of your research, and taking notes then going back and working of your notes and knowledge, is completely legit and viable.

                I by no means intend on reading one article on a specific matter and changing it around. I'll study the same thing over and over and collect notes then make my own unique articles.

                I just meant, the facts on which you base your articles can't be changed, whilst what is written and the way it is written can, through your views and perspective.

                Hope that clears it up.

                Jay.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659114].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author grandstar
              Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

              I don't think you understood what I said, when you write about something that you have spent time learning, and now know most of it inside out, you can't go against what you have learned and make your own method that doesn't work and isn't proven.

              But using the knowledge you have learnt, you can create your own article in your own words about the topic, writing about every aspect of that niche.

              I didn't say you should re-write articles by the way, I said I use them as research to find out things about the topic, I also go to libraries and read blogs and forums.

              I was simply saying, just because you see methods said else where does not mean you have to come up with a new method regardless of whether it works, the only thing you can do is give your own perspective in your own words.

              That's what I meant by not being able to change facts.

              For example, if I bought PLR rights to gardening articles, and one of the articles said, how to plant a seed properly, I would then go to the internet and search and read about it, taking notes as I go along.

              I might find other versions like, planting the perfect seed

              how deep should you plant a seed

              And more... I collect notes, then when it comes to crunch time, I don't use the articles, I refer to my notes and the knowledge I've learnt in my brain.

              Sorry if before I worded it wrong, but I don't see a problem with this way.

              Jay.
              Thanks. Makes perfect sense to me
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

    I thought I rewrote the plr well but apparently did not! I'm guttered.
    pretty weak
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1658971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spoon Man
    I don't see anything wrong with rewriting PLR content. I do it all the time and have close to 200 articles on Ezine. I have heard of Ezine suspending peoples accounts for something that was not their fault. Then later reinstating it.

    I think that one guy has a chip on his shoulder because he is a "Content & Copywriting Wiz". Anyway you just need to rewrite it better and i mean rewrite every sentence then yes it will be your own content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659010].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
      Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post

      Anyway you just need to rewrite it better and i mean rewrite every sentence [...].
      I don't know...

      In my previous life I used to be an editor at a newspaper and I can solemnly swear that writing a brand new article is much easier than to try to rewrite someone else's text.

      Many journalists write crappy articles and the editor has to "rewrite" them to make it good enough for printing.

      My point is: if you have to rewrite every sentence... then why bother? Why not just sit down and write an article.

      P.S. Steven thanks for the baseball article. Not growing up with that game I am afraid I'll die without ever understanding it, LOL.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659061].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659103].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Ah, the truth emerges! Interesting to know this, Istvan. Somehow I'm not astonished.



          Same here, but good article, and not re-written PLR!
          Actually, the article was not really well thought out. I just did it to prove
          a point that writing on something so mundane (as it would seem) as the
          rules of baseball, can be so open ended that no two people could possibly
          write the same article if they were writing from their own knowledge.

          If I were going to write this article for publication, I would have put a lot
          more thought into it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Jay -

        Let me tell you what I ran into last week. I was doing research on propylene glycol for some articles I was hired to write.

        I found seven references where the information was incorrect. It was from 1 site
        2 blogs
        3 articles

        And ONE site (.edu) with results of a scientific study comparing propylene glycol to diethylene glycol among other things.

        Are you with me so far?

        After reading all seven references it was pretty clear what had happened.
        One person had used the research article for information to write an article - the other articles used the first article as "research".

        All of the remaining five rewrote the article pretty well...except the were clearly variations of the same thing.

        The first article writer copied the WRONG chemical compound from the research paper (apparently he copied the spelling from the wrong line on the research paper)

        THAT WAS INCORRECT INFORMATION - 6 of the 7 references I found were wrong. The original writer's error was repeated over and over!

        BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH!! (may have skipped organic chemistry once too often, too:rolleyes

        You can get ideas from everywhere and there is nothing wrong with that - but be careful what you are "rewriting".

        I've run into this situation several times but this one was fresh in my mind as I just did it a few days ago. There is a ton of info online - but there's a half ton of incorrect info, too.

        When you write (even if you are very creative about using different words, etc) from something someone else wrote, you are in danger of using bad info from their article. Much better to go to the original research paper and get it right.

        I totally agree with whoever posted that it's easier to write an original than to rewrite! That is so true!

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659127].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author grandstar
      Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post

      I don't see anything wrong with rewriting PLR content. I do it all the time and have close to 200 articles on Ezine. I have heard of Ezine suspending peoples accounts for something that was not their fault. Then later reinstating it.

      I think that one guy has a chip on his shoulder because he is a "Content & Copywriting Wiz". Anyway you just need to rewrite it better and i mean rewrite every sentence then yes it will be your own content.
      You just made my day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christie Love
    It shouldn't take too long to get your account reinstated. However, in the future I may think about writing original content. Or, use plr for the concept of your article, but write everything in your own words.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659120].message }}
  • Lol granted that is interesting and I'm sure happens alot

    I didn't say I re-write stuff, I collate information and study my notes after, and not only from one article as these 6 other people did, but from 5, 10, 15+ sources including the library.

    In the future I plan on going as far as paying for a professionals time to quiz them so I can find good information.

    What you say is right, but I did not say I re-write stuff

    This is in response to Kay King

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Erica Leggette
    Just get some ideas from the PLRs and create your own flow of words. Create unique articles and submit them to your site and the other gazillion article directories.

    Either they will un-suspend you or not, either way, you will still get to where you are going with your business as long as you continue to learn and grow.
    Signature
    Be easy.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
    Hey the OP violated EZA's TOS that's it. Why people are turning this into a PLR bash-fest is surprising.

    PLR is fantastic. The problem in this thread is not PLR or that "all PLR is crap" because that is simply not true. There is a lot of great quality PLR out there it's just going to cost you more than a $1.50 for 50 articles. And you need to know what to do with it (like not submitting it to EZA).

    The problem here is not PLR it's that the OP violated EZA terms. You can have the best written PLR article in the world with only 5 licenses sold. Well you still can't submit it to EZA.

    You also can't use public domain stuff to submit to EZA that doesn't mean all public domain content is crap.

    So please don't tarnish PLR just because someone violated EZA's very clearly posted TOS regarding submitting PLR articles regardless how well they've been re-written.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DougHughes
    I'm up in the air with the larger philosophical debate about PLR content. I have looked and even bought quite a bit of PLR stuff and most of it is crap.

    I guess the thing that matters here is that more people will read your articles and click your links if your content is well researched, well written, and authentic (feeling).

    Sorry, I can't answer your question about how long it will take to get back on EZA.

    In my opinion, a good well written original article can be worth as many as 3 or 4 rewritten PLR articles.
    Signature

    I write copy. Learn More.>>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nanobanano
    Save the money you are spending on PLRs and the time it takes to rewrite them. For $20 in classified ads here you can hire an author to write 10 new unique articles on your topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joanne Reid
    Recycled research can end careers. Kay King's post provides a great example of how relying on someone else research can cause problems. Years ago, a local writer was in a rush for a business article deadline and copied a quote and figures from a newspaper article. Unfortunately for him, the newspaper had a typo in the figure and when his article appeared nationally quoting the typo, he was revealed as a plagiarist. All he had to do was make one phone call but no, he thought he'd take the lazy way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author grandstar
      Originally Posted by GeekGranny View Post

      Recycled research can end careers. Kay King's post provides a great example of how relying on someone else research can cause problems. Years ago, a local writer was in a rush for a business article deadline and copied a quote and figures from a newspaper article. Unfortunately for him, the newspaper had a typo in the figure and when his article appeared nationally quoting the typo, he was revealed as a plagiarist. All he had to do was make one phone call but no, he thought he'd take the lazy way.
      Alright alright... I get the drift!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    Iv never used PLR but my impression is that it is supposed to be used to cut down on your research time for your articles, not act as a substitute for them.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArticlePrince
    The biggest reason I've never used PLR to rewrite is that I find it MUCH faster to write a new article than to rewrite, however I have found quality PLR (and a lot of useless stuff too). Just read the TOS of everywhere you submit to (or make it easy, write it all from scratch so it's yours)
    Signature
    FREE 500 word articles, PM me for yours!
    (4 days only!)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AllyW
    Most PLR articles are junk. And if you have a junk article on a piece of paper to your left and then try to rewrite it sentence by sentence onto a piece of paper to your right, when you finish it's likely going to be even worse junk. Plus you'll have inadvertently copied enough from the original so that the directories can spot it. Which is probably what happened to you. You and 50 other people did a hurried, bad job of rewriting the same article and it was easy to spot.

    The best way to use PLR articles is to use one to get an idea of what subject you want to write about, then do some research, read your article, then close the article or throw the article away. Write your own article from the information you now have in your head, and don't ever look at the PLR article again. And for crying out loud, write a new, better title. Use the PLR to get ideas only and you won't have any problems. If you can't do that, hire someone to write articles for you -- outsource them to a freelancer. Lots of people do this, there's nothing wrong with paying someone to write an original article for you.
    Signature
    Ally Woodrum
    Best Natural Cancer Cures.org for information on natural and alternative cancer treatments.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1659775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kevinfar
      Very well said. Some very solid advice in there.

      Originally Posted by AllyW View Post

      Most PLR articles are junk. And if you have a junk article on a piece of paper to your left and then try to rewrite it sentence by sentence onto a piece of paper to your right, when you finish it's likely going to be even worse junk. Plus you'll have inadvertently copied enough from the original so that the directories can spot it. Which is probably what happened to you. You and 50 other people did a hurried, bad job of rewriting the same article and it was easy to spot.

      The best way to use PLR articles is to use one to get an idea of what subject you want to write about, then do some research, read your article, then close the article or throw the article away. Write your own article from the information you now have in your head, and don't ever look at the PLR article again. And for crying out loud, write a new, better title. Use the PLR to get ideas only and you won't have any problems. If you can't do that, hire someone to write articles for you -- outsource them to a freelancer. Lots of people do this, there's nothing wrong with paying someone to write an original article for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1660057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author halfpoint
      Originally Posted by AllyW View Post

      Most PLR articles are junk.
      Yeah, nice generalisation. :rolleyes:

      There are plenty of talented writers around who make a living writing articles and selling PLR rights to them, even on this forum.

      I think it's absolutely ridiculous to state "Most PLR articles are junk". Sure, there are plenty of bad ones, however, there are also plenty of crappy unique articles around. Does that mean most unique articles are junk?

      I have in excess of 100,000 PLR articles on my computer and whilst there are some shockers in there, there are also plenty that are written much better than a large amount of articles I've seen on EZA.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1660772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToniMaltano
    Ok Steven,

    I will leave it like that. I don't want to hurt our business relationship
    Signature
    ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1662114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socomplete
    Originally Posted by grandstar View Post

    I'm still in shock. Eza suspended my account.

    Eza said my article was not original enough! Asked whether I bought a pack which I actually did not. I got my pack free (hahaha)

    I thought I rewrote the plr well but apparently did not! I'm guttered.

    I have fessed up. How long do you think it'll take before my account is re-activated?
    I personally have moved on from ezinearticles, one of the best alternatives I've found is Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticlesBase.com and you can check also check out content syndication sites by going to delicious.com and search in your subject. And the n after you find the website that the bookmark is linked to, find out if you can become and author and write for those sites by looking at the bottom or on any other part of the site. Another good alternative is mashable.com you can become and author and get alot of good qualtity traffic by writing for them. There are so many options other then ezinearticles.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1662166].message }}

Trending Topics