2. Have a blog, website, or mini-site? Put a tell-a-friend box at the top right corner. If you got some good stuff, people will want to tell their friends and family about it but they might not take action. Having a box will say "Hey, look at me... it's so easy to let your friends know about this site!". Friends tell their friends and their friends tell their friends. That's what viral is all about.
3. Create a cool video on YouTube that people will WANT to watch. The magic happens in many different ways:
- Your video could make it to the most viewed, most favorited, featured, or all of those sections.
- There's a share link underneath every video making it easy for viewers to e-mail and tell their friends about the video (I use it ALL the time).
- People can embed a video of their choice into any website or blog. YouTube also makes it easy to add a video to your Myspace or Facebook profile.
5. Tell people about your stuff. (don't spam) There are so many ways:
- E-Mails (Mailing Lists)
- Instant Messages
- Text Messages
- Phone Calls
- Hand out business cards to EVERYONE.
- Post social networking bulletins, events, announcements, etc..
- Update your social networking status often on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc... Attract attention.
- Converse with people at various events, conventions, etc...
- Use forum signatures to your advantage (lots of forums allow advertisements in them).
- Setup your RSS feed on your blog.
- Submit your blog, individual posts, YouTube video, website, etc... to social bookmarking sites.
- Comment on other blogs, videos, social bookmarks, etc...
- Work on building your list, use it to your advantage.