Hey Site Flippers, What Do You Think of Flippa's New Format?

20 replies
Have you guys seen the new and "improved" display at Flippa.com? Here is their blog post about it:

Browsing Flippa Listings Just Got Easier | Flippa Blog | Buy & Sell Websites

I'm not so sure I like it. I actually liked it the way it was before but I'm curious what my fellow site flippers think about it.

Travis
#flippa #flippers #format #hey #site
  • Profile picture of the author yommys01
    Looking good but it now loads slower.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1728902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
    I'm a Johnny-Come Lately to site flipping (I just listed my first site for sale on Flippa last week) so I didn't get used to the old look before the update. I still see the option to look at the end dates. Looks like they're trying to cram a lot of stuff in the listing blurb.

    The thumbnail image of the site is pretty small not sure that's worth the extra $12 bucks.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1729307].message }}
    • Hey, Alan, good to see you get into the site flipping thing. With your skills at developing websites, ebooks, etc., you'd be a natural site flipper. I'm going to PM you with some ideas.

      But regarding your remarks, where can you see the actual End Dates? I must be blind because I still don't see them. When you click on the Just Solds tab and browse through the list of auctions, I don't see the End Dates. In the old display, you could.

      Travis

      Originally Posted by Alan Petersen View Post

      I'm a Johnny-Come Lately to site flipping (I just listed my first site for sale on Flippa last week) so I didn't get used to the old look before the update. I still see the option to look at the end dates. Looks like they're trying to cram a lot of stuff in the listing blurb.

      The thumbnail image of the site is pretty small not sure that's worth the extra $12 bucks.
      Signature
      TVS Internet Marketing: Helping small businesses get more visibility & sales online.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
        Originally Posted by tvanslooten View Post

        Hey, Alan, good to see you get into the site flipping thing. With your skills at developing websites, ebooks, etc., you'd be a natural site flipper. I'm going to PM you with some ideas.

        But regarding your remarks, where can you see the actual End Dates? I must be blind because I still don't see them. When you click on the Just Solds tab and browse through the list of auctions, I don't see the End Dates. In the old display, you could.

        Travis
        Just PM'd you back. I'm checking out your new site and it looks great. A lot of info you got there.

        I was just looking at the bid section it says how many days or hours left so you're right they don't really give you the end date.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731271].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author francoza
          Hey its nice looking. I mean it is more easier to look for description and all.
          Great work!
          Signature
          10,000+ Quality PLR articles
          pm me

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731279].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fraktal
            Well it's much easier to view listsings at a glance which I like. Some critical info is not immediately visible as you mentioned.

            Overall I like it though!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ruth P
    I sold a lot of sites on Flippa but not lately, didn't even see the changes until I saw this thread! Interesting, I'm not sure yet either. I think I need time to get used to it. It seems quite nice to get a bit of extra info in there, but I liked the way you did that before by hovering over the icons. As for the $12 upgrade for a thumbnail, I'm not so sure I like that idea as much.
    ~Ruth
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Taylor French
    Oh wow. Yet another upgrade that adds to the already ludicrous fees for sites that probably won't sell. Yippee!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1731984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RNMKR
    Look like it seems better (not an active flipper) but y is everyone changing.... first clickbank now Flippa... whos next ... commision junction???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1732016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FlippaLuke
      Looks like there's a bit of a mixed response! We updated the listing pages to try to make it easier for buyers to compare sites at a glance without having to always click on the little graph icon.

      As with all changes, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but we reckon it's a step in the right direction.
      Signature

      Flippa.com - Websites for sale

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1733147].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DavidParnell
        Yea, I think it makes for easier scanning... I also enjoy the twitter updates with new listings and updates when sites sell for big bucks...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1741072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author navi
    Isn't this similar to how it used to look when they were called Sitepoint Marketplace? When they had switched from Sitepoint to Flippa, almost everyone hated their new look, now as people started getting used to the new look, they change it again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1741393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I like it. What I don't see is the seller's name which has always been important to me. There are sellers I won't buy anything from and sellers I want to take a look at their stuff and I don't want to have to dig for that info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1741678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LegitIncomes
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      I like it. What I don't see is the seller's name which has always been important to me. There are sellers I won't buy anything from and sellers I want to take a look at their stuff and I don't want to have to dig for that info.
      I see the sellers name, it's right above where the PR is listed.
      Signature
      100% Unique Sales Page Website +100% Unique Internet Marketing Product
      + Support! All of this, just $397! (PM Me For Details!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1741759].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by LegitIncomes View Post

        I see the sellers name, it's right above where the PR is listed.
        I meant ... at a glance. When Flippa moved from Sitepoint, you could no longer see the seller's names at a glance without digging and opening up each auction, which I don't want to have to do to get the seller's name. We commented on that and it was added to the front page display. Now it is gone again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1743485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoGetta
    I like it! Much better!

    Rather than clicking through all the listings I can now pick out listings I am actually interested in, which is a huge time saver!

    GoGetta
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1743533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BeachCruzer
    I have always liked their Advanced Search when I am seeking something specific. A few adjustments to the layout but overall, it's a nice presentation.

    Michael Cruz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1743618].message }}

Trending Topics