Men Warriors: Would You Mind Quitting IM Just to Save Your Marriage?

by King Shiloh Banned
116 replies
Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quit in the name of love?
#marriage #men #mind #quitting #save #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
    Yes.

    But she'd never do it.. This thing keeps her in a lifestyle that she never could have dreamed of..

    But... if she did...

    Peace

    Jay
    Signature

    Bare Murkage.........

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747337].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    It would all depend on the reason, even though I ain't married ... If it was the reason that she didn't understand it, that isn't a good reason, if it was something like, it isn't cutting it, we are falling behind on payments and then yes, I would look at the reality of the situation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affhelper
    I would said TO her ..... peace out!

    jk, I am not married so don't know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Hancox
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    Reverse the question. Would you ask your wife to quit her job because you didn't understand it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      If it ever truly boiled down to making that choice, I choose her. And it wouldn't take a whole heartbeat, either.

      I've lived happily married to this woman for longer than I lived before I met her, and longer than many of the people reading this have been alive. Choosing between her and a way of making money? Easier than choosing whether or not to breathe...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theemperor
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        If it ever truly boiled down to making that choice, I choose her. And it wouldn't take a whole heartbeat, either.

        I've lived happily married to this woman for longer than I lived before I met her, and longer than many of the people reading this have been alive. Choosing between her and a way of making money? Easier than choosing whether or not to breathe...
        Well of course! But it is unlikely to boil down to that choice, I mean what woman would make her man give up the work that pays all the bills etc. if it is ethical and legal I can't see that situation happening. Unless she has some image thing where she wants you to do a job that other people think is "cool".
        Signature
        Learn to code faster, and remove the roadblocks. Get stuff done and shipped! PM me and I can help you with programming tutoring, specialising in Web and the following languages: Javascript ~ HTML ~ CSS ~ React ~ JQuery ~ Typescript ~ NodeJS ~ C#.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754120].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author workfromhomejobs
          It is about security. How secure are we and in what condition are we felt secure? So usually our action is depended on our level of security.

          Red
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    I'm not married, but I can answer this one with certainty: Hell no.

    I'm pretty good at explaining things, and this isn't all that freaking complicated. If she wanted to understand it, that's an easy thing to do. If she didn't, the request would be coming from another reason.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    My wife DOESN'T understand it. But she hasn't asked me to stop doing it either.

    The way the original question is phrased, I would answer no.

    However, if the question were, "If your spouse suddenly gave you a choice between internet marketing or staying married to them, which would you choose?" Then my answer would be...

    It's not even a choice. I would simply say, "Yes, Dear." After all, she knows where I sleep.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author permaguru
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    That's not how relationships are supposed to work. In a healthy marriage, it's important to communicate and not try to restrict the other person's freedom. If you are doing IM full time and can't pay the bills, she would have the right to ask you to consider getting a regular job. Consider, not impose. But if the reason for her request is that she doesn't understand it or that she has a holier than thou attitude about it, then I wouldn't even consider it. The best course of action in that case would be to sit down and explain to her how you make money providing a service to companies and fellow web surfers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author InternetM39482
    Yes.

    Although I'm not married yet but even if my girlfriend tells me to do so, I would. LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747489].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Noel
      Why would any man want to be with a woman that gave such an ultimatum. If you have someone in your life that would so easily step on your dreams and ambitions you aren't really living or being a man.

      Now if you are completely broke with no income I could understand her wanting you to get a job, but to give something up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747534].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
        Originally Posted by Jeff Noel View Post

        Why would any man want to be with a woman that gave such an ultimatum. If you have someone in your life that would so easily step on your dreams and ambitions you aren't really living or being a man.

        Now if you are completely broke with no income I could understand her wanting you to get a job, but to give something up.
        Nobody is saying their wife actually said it..

        But if my wife asked me to, then I would... based on our current level of understanding and relationship.. not based on the one single question.
        Signature

        Bare Murkage.........

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Brock
      Originally Posted by Swastik View Post

      Yes.

      Although I'm not married yet but even if my girlfriend tells me to do so, I would. LOL.
      Waaaaapishhhhh Waaaapishhhh

      (that's a whip cracking )
      Signature
      Clickbank #1 Best Seller: The Deadbeat Super Affiliate.
      Click here to learn how to make money online in your bath robe and gym socks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748368].message }}
  • They're all like that until the money starts flowing.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebooksmaster
    If you show her some money you earn from your IM stuff....i bet she will never ask you to quit IM in the first place.
    Signature
    Free consultation about Monetizing your Website ! Onlinewebsiteconsultant.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Harvey
    It would seem to me that she should try to understand what you are doing and get benind you and be totally involved with your efforts.

    Your IM business is for your mutual benefit..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasni
    hai,

    I love IM more than a women...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bev Clement
    If she/he doesn't understand what you do, then you need to explain more clearly. If you can't explain it to your spouse/partner, how can you explain to the people you come in contact with daily who think everything online is a scam.

    The problem is easily sorted. Learn to quietly explain in less than 2 mins what you actually do, the rest will follow.

    To the OP you should have put the question to all people not just the male section of the community, because there are many of us who are female.

    My husband and I work together on our internet business.

    Bev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747579].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Diana Lane
      Originally Posted by Bev Clement View Post

      To the OP you should have put the question to all people not just the male section of the community, because there are many of us who are female.
      I thought that too and would have said so if the steam coming out of my ears on seeing the question hadn't prevented me from seeing the keyboard We do count though, as do unmarried men living over the brush and men who ride the other bus.

      If your partner doesn't recognise a) how money magically appears in your pocket and b) how important it is to you that you earn in it in the way you do then you have probably got communication problems that go beyond what you do for a living. If you're just starting out and so haven't seen any results yet, but your partner is asking you to quit, then your partner could well be imagining ownership of you rather than a relationship with you. If you have been at it for a while and your efforts are doing nothing more than draining time and money from your relationship then this will already be being reflected by your bank balance and the dwindling amount of time you have to spend elsewhere.

      In other words, it's not a question that should ever have to be asked, and if it comes to the point where it is then you have probably been ignoring issues that are a lot bigger and evading making a choice that you should have made much sooner.
      Signature

      Plot short fiction, long fiction, even outline non-fiction * Edit the question prompts to suit your genre * Easily export text and image files for use with your word processor or Scrivener.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747837].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        Hey King S

        The first thing is I definately not a male!:p

        Secondly, if quitting IM would "save" your marriage, it would seem to have many other failings as well.

        I just can't see how a successful marriage would fall apart from IM, maybe I'm just niave, but in my opinion, if my spouse said he was going to leave me over IM, that would be a red flag to me that there are many underlying causes for those sentiments...

        So I'd say something like, OK, Hon, what's really bothering you?

        Then, if he said anytning mean, I'd just kick him! Naw, just teasin!:p

        MissTerraK
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    Personally, if any person, partner or not, started telling me what not to do for a living because they didn't understand it or were jealous or something like that, I would tell them to take a hike.

    That said, if you are married and it just isn't working out and you arent really making enough to make ends meet then I can understand and would oblige.


    Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Pah. People who give ultimatums should either accept the relationship or leave!



      Frank
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 1nspire
      I say absolutely not. You start compromising in this manner your marriage is doomed anyways. I am not saying that you completely disregard your spouses request, you will need to make some changes that will allow IM and marriage.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747619].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Noel
      My point is no matter what the question demanding someone give up something is not good for the relationship period. The only exception to that rule is if what you are doing is hurting someone or yourself. Like a coke addiction or if you rob banks.

      I was involved with a woman who had no respect for my career, I was selling cars at the time. Even though I made more money in a month then she did in 3 months as a social worker. I loved my job and had been doing it for over 12 years before we met. When it was all said and done it got to the point where I truly resented her but cost me 2 years in a unhealthy relationship first.

      Ultimatiums without reason in a relationship are selfish and harmful. You have the power of choice to choose your dreams and make them come to life. Or you can allow someone to create those dreams for you and become their puppet instead.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajivkumar900
    my wife doesnt know anything about computer things..she even dont use internet for any purpose still she never ask this kind of stuff..if i ever come across this question i will definately refuse to live my passion and try to explain things infront of her..cause i cant live without any of them...in other words IM is my life and wife is soul of this life...so without anyone them i am incomplete.lol
    Signature

    Rajiv Kumar
    Skpe: rajivkumar900
    Email id : rajivkumar900@gmail.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mahesh2k
    Sorry no career compromise for relationship,i'll got with IM. Some people find balance, some simply end up choosing either side. I can't find balance as of now cause i'm not making much so i have to pick one extreme side and that is i'm sticking with IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajivkumar900
    my wife doesnt know anything about computer things..she even dont use internet for any purpose still she never ask this kind of stuff..if i ever come across this question i will definately refuse to live my passion and try to explain things infront of her..cause i cant live without any of them...in other words IM is my life and wife is soul of this life...so without anyone them i am incomplete.lol
    Signature

    Rajiv Kumar
    Skpe: rajivkumar900
    Email id : rajivkumar900@gmail.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lou Diamond
    Hello,
    my wife thinks I do nothing all day long,
    just have her spend a full day with you on the computer until she
    gets it.
    Lou
    Signature

    Something new soon.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hanz
      Originally Posted by Lou Diamond View Post

      Hello,
      my wife thinks I do nothing all day long,
      just have her spend a full day with you on the computer until she
      gets it.
      Lou
      Eh? So she thinks the money you make just somehow APPEARS out of thin air, Lou? LOL!
      Signature
      All The Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Audios, SEO Reports & Articles You Want with PLR ~ New Products Added Daily in Super Hot Niches! ~ Sign Up to PLR Assassin Today
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lett
    No. Never.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
      My wife works with me. If I quit IM, we'd both be out of a job.
      Signature
      Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author money2k
    Nope. I love my wife to death but I could not give up on my dream of working from home and being financially independent.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    No, I would not buy into any ultimatums. Whether it is IM or video games, or just some other hobby. If you don't like something - the door is right there >>> A man should never become led by a woman.
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    a real partner does not dictate what the other partner must or must not do.
    Signature
    | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pearlydean
    My understand wife doesn't me!
    Signature
    SEO and Reputation Services

    Need SEO Advice? Happy to help just get in touch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    If it was truly getting in the way of my marriage then I would have to as my first love is NOT IM but she would have to make up the financial difference LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    I struggled for 2 years before I "got it" and I did have to get temporary call centre jobs. At no time did my wife give me an ultimatum even when she was supporting us fully. She doesn't completely understand it but going through the 30 Day Challenge with me opened her eyes somewhat. She would not give me such an ultimatum because she knows I've found the thing that makes me happy (besides her) and am pulling my weight. Now, if I just had a girlfriend, made more money than her, and despite that she gave me an ultimatum, I'd kick her out the door.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author costos gohdohb
    first, I agree with MissTerraK.
    next, we simply DON'T know all the details - that's why we cannot advise : )
    Only you have to take the best decision for yourself - this is your life - not ours.

    If to ask my personal opinion, if she demands this - probably she doesn't simply love you?

    BUT!

    if you spend all 24hours at your computer for a couple of years already - then I understand your wife. Probably you don't pay at least minimum attention to her?
    If yes - you have to!

    However probably the whole thing is NOT in IMing? but in something else?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1747985].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author swilliams09
      Nope. Never. Any woman who asked me to quit what I want to be doing should think twice about if she wants to be with me. She can always leave. I can always find a new wife. I learned the hard way that bowing down to a wife's whims when she doesn't really understand what's going on is the quickest way to financial ruin.
      Signature

      Learn how to make videos that sell. Special $1 Offer for Warriors Only.

      http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ml?view=modern

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kyhell
    LOL this is a ironic question. i divorced my wife in october for this very reason. so my answer: NO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tylerdrun
    I'm 16 and have never been in a relationship. But one thing: THIS IS SOMETHING I WILL NEVER QUIT.

    If anyone asks me to quit it, I'll tell 'em to jump off a cliff. Even if it was my SOUL MATE. I believe in this:
    There's always a better woman around. She is gonna be more beautiful, more caring, the best mom for my kid and the perfect wife.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leslie B
    I'm not a man, but I think I can answer this one too

    My husband doens't know squat from computers, except for how to play games on them. Will he ever ask me to quit IM? I don't think so. Why not? Well, it's not that we need my income for our basic expenses, 'cause his income is high enough, but we use mine for our extra's. And one of those extra's is his hobby: car tuning and styling. So, if he asks me to quit IM, I will tell him that he will have no more money for his hobby, so he can choose between that

    Leslie
    Signature
    Taking it one day at a time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    Wow ... these answers have been a real eye opener and have helped to solidify my values (not that I needed that).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victoria Neely
    Would you really want to be married to someone who would hit you with an ultimatum like that?

    It would be one thing if IM appeared to be the cause of major problems, such as debt or not spending any quality time with your family. But if IM is bringing in money, and the spouse is just telling you to give it up because they don't UNDERSTAND it, that's pretty lame. Like others have said, this is a sign that there are much deeper problems in the relationship itself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748098].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mymt
      My wife nags about me spending more time on the internet than with her.
      The answer is NO.
      Signature

      Magdi Mikhail

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757106].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mymt
        oops i forgot to include the link to the video of mikefilsaime story
        in response to the question. You will be astonished to find that
        this is the best answer for all of us.

        Here is the link:
        mikefilsaimeresalerights.com by Mike Filsaime
        Signature

        Magdi Mikhail

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757127].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      I'm going to look at this from another angle because quite frankly, questions
      like these drive me batty. They're ridiculous UNLESS there is a valid reason
      behind the question.

      For example.

      You're doing IM and making nothing. You don't have a regular job. You're
      on the verge of being evicted from your apartment.

      Your wife, seeing where this is all going, gives you an ultimatum. You
      either give up this IM thing and get a job or I'm out of here.

      I can perfectly understand this, regardless of whether she understood
      your "business" or not.

      But just to arbitrarily wake up one day and say...

      "Hey honey, I don't understand what you're doing so I want you to quit
      or I'm gone"

      when you're bring in 6 figures a year or whatever and it's keeping a roof
      over your head, is just ludicrous and makes no sense whatsoever.

      Therefore, I'm not even going to dignify this question with a
      response.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pyles
      Originally Posted by fredjr1978 View Post

      Yes. Im married to my wife, not my work.
      Most definite yes.
      Signature
      --------------
      Click the link above for an amazing ebook writing service,trust me, I know!
      --------------
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JennSpencerIM
    I'd never ask this of my hubby since I do just as much IM work (if not more) than he does! He's pursuing his acting career since we've had such success online and I'm able to work and home watching movies and relaxing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrjasonser
    My answers will be a straight....NO.

    There are a million reasons I may quit but I am sure that won't be one.

    I am doing something I love and if my the other half can't even let me do things that I love, I think we have a problem. And it works both way.

    But I would like to hear her out on why she would want me to do that, which aspect of IM did she don't understand.

    So far my spouse couldn't care less as long as I paid my due on the monthly expenses I am responsible for. Yes, I know money isn't everything, but somehow it can solved quite many issues in life.
    Signature
    I Don't Speak The Queen's English, But I Say What I Mean and Mean What I Say.

    Here is where I work now: www.LohasDigital.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748168].message }}
    • I would say that if you're marriage depends on such decision, your marriage is already toast no matter what choice you pick.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748314].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by Anonymous Affiliate View Post

        I would say that if you're marriage depends on such decision, your marriage is already toast no matter what choice you pick.
        I'm not picking on you, AA, you just happened to be the last poster with this line of thinking.

        There's another thread running that illustrates one set of circumstances where such an ultimatum might be warranted. For this discussion, all you need to read is the email quoted in the first post...

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1740449
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
    Hmmm well for one to imply that the marriage would be over if IM was not stopped would reflect the marriage is already over. after all a job or career is what takes care of the bills, food, house, car, insurance, property tax etc... as well as anniversaries, christmas etc.

    I don't worry about it she works with me handling some things I am not too good at.

    That being said I don't think any marriage would hang on a career it hangs on respect, love, intimacy,compassion, and loyalty if however your asking if your career was taking the place of your wife and the demand of your time for her then the obvious answer would be stop and focus on the value that is your wife
    -WD
    Signature

    "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
    Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael_nguyen
    I think a better questions is "You got 90 days to show me this works, then you choose Me or IM?"

    Not understanding as the main reason is not good enough.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1748521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Player777
    I see this all the time. First the wife doesnt want you doing this, so you give in like a thumb boy. Next she wont like your friends so you give them up. Then you wont be able to leave the house or do anything unless she has approved it.
    Women are attracted to a confident take charge guy. This behaviour will cause her to lose all attraction for you and eventually dump you and take all your money as well as she will demand it and being the yes man you have turned into you will do everything she says.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753856].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KatyaSenina
      Originally Posted by Player777 View Post

      I see this all the time. First the wife doesnt want you doing this, so you give in like a thumb boy. Next she wont like your friends so you give them up. Then you wont be able to leave the house or do anything unless she has approved it.
      Women are attracted to a confident take charge guy. This behaviour will cause her to lose all attraction for you and eventually dump you and take all your money as well as she will demand it and being the yes man you have turned into you will do everything she says.
      You're right here...that's what all the dating books teach guys. Never give in and become obedient to a woman if you want her to stay attracted to you.

      Women 'test' you this way. If you do as she says she will continue doing it, simply because she likes the power she has over you and behind your back she will be 'seeing' (let's stay polite:p) some other guy, someone who is more dominant and in charge.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    My wife didn't even ask me to quit. She just took the kids and left me five months ago.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      My wife didn't even ask me to quit. She just took the kids and left me five months ago.
      Things are doing well for you from the sounds of it in terms of IM. Any chance of reconciliation or at least seeing your kids on a regular basis?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    Hmmmm... I did the opposite. She wanted to start spending time in the Philippines where she's from, and I wanted to be with her. So I quit the 8-5 Job, and started into IM.
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KatyaSenina
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    why quit? does she understand the ka-ching that you get from it? :p

    btw, if she really loves you for who you really are she wouldn't ask you something like this EVER
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luapzter
    I would educate my wife about internet marketing and ask her to join me. I am sure she will be thrilled with the opportunities with internet marketing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avdo
    this question is too simplyfied.. I would quit, but it should be a damn good reason..not just "I don't understand you-quit what you're doing"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
    Of course I would quit IM to save my marriage...

    But if you ask me if I'll quit Warriorforum to save
    my marriage, then that's a different thing

    All the best,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1753979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TSc
    There is only one answer for this Question:
    "When you will pay the bills - of course!"

    But my wife would never ask this - because its her online buizz i promote, too. ;D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    Hell No....probably explains why we don't get on....
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WriterNick
    But if we earn a living through IM, i believe the spouse wouldnt mind right? even if it is just a side income. i believe the spouse might understand =)
    Signature

    Interested in hiring Incredible EXPERIENCED Article Writers at SUPER LOW price??
    Have a look here! =)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    I'm not married, but If a woman gave me an ultimatum like
    that...

    I'd tell her to hit the bricks.
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    I don't understand, if I didn't do this I wouldn't have money to pay for anything? So unless she were to get a good job then I couldnt.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1754848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azland55
    She does not have to understand internet marketing as long as the money keeps flowing in she will be happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashley Skuse
    I seek a balance in life, but I think most of us never truly quite find it.

    I'm not married. But if I was I'd want to make time for my work and for her too. If she didn't want me doing IM anymore, that'd be her problem, not mine.
    Signature
    .
    Looking for a skilled content writer to write you awesome, engaging content?
    .
    PM me for a free review article
    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Hess
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    First I would tell her "no, I'm not quitting IM because it pays the bills"

    Then I would tell her to go make me a sandwich or clean something...

    (j/k of course)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Money on the Side
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?

    She can go...but only if she promises to take the kids with her...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quitin the name of love?
    I'll quit in a heartbeat, money making systems you can find anywhere... but the woman you choose to spend the rest of your life... she and my kids are the only reason I'm doing this, and I can find any other way to get money besides IM. I'm even quit breathing if she asks me.


    Besides... she msut be reading this post right now.... right honey? :rolleyes:
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    I'd have to say no because she'd be trying to change our relationship completely. I let her be who she is and do as she likes in her career and her life, and she offers me the same respect. If she quit accepting and respecting me as I am and quit accepting what I do, it would be her that has chosen to end our relationship by redefining what it means.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
    Lol, I doubt that a woman will ask her man to quit doing something that's
    bringing in cash.

    Anyway, back to your question, my answer would be... NO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1755427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    swilliams no need to be insulting. Love can make us to funny things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Music City Copy
    Ha ha. If she looked at your Paypal account and saw all those WSO charges and added them up, she would think you were crazy!

    Drip drop drip drop drip....it adds up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756274].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Morgan
      I dont think mine would ever make me choose. I can't say what I would choose if she did, but I'd likely leave IM, especially if I had other options for making money (which most people do).

      In reality I can see it if someone is working 100 hours a week and neglecting their wife and/or family. I try to keep a good balance but I don't always succeed. Is it really worth missing out on everything so you can sit in your office and work? If your family is feeling ignored and unhappy is it really worth the money?

      My answer is no. swilliams09, you can make fun of me all you want, sometimes you have to ask yourself what's really important in life.
      Signature
      Jeremy Morgan, Software Developer / SEO
      Check out my Programming Blog for news, tips, and tutorials
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Dulisse
    If your marriage is possibly over because of a career...then most likely it's already over..it just hasn't happened yet....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    If your wife doesnt support you and what you believe in, then you're with the wrong wife.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MJ Sterling
    I wouldn't quit IM.. the only person I would quit anything for is my kid.

    And since his supply of Xbox games keeps growing, I doubt he'll be asking me to quit anytime soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Actually I reconsider that thought.

    If Alexa Smith asked me to quit, Id be throwing my keyboard in the bin quicker than you can say "oh yeah!"
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1756948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ash R
    I gotta chime in with Bev Clement here - there are female warriors as well! Though maybe this question was addressed to the men only for some other reason?

    I lean toward John McCabe's opinion - my spouse is someone I prioritize over anything else. Given that we work on IM together, I think he would only ever ask me to quit if it was an emergency, and vice versa. Not for "fun" or "testing my power" or anything like that.

    Also, the original question referred to "saving your marriage". So it implies something rather extreme to me, not just misunderstanding what IM is or anything like that. Why would you be in a situation where you need to "save" your marriage?
    Signature
    Don't sweat the small stuff :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Online Bliss
    No,
    Trade my work which pays the bills
    for a corporate job with long hours
    away from home, not to mention the stress
    I would bring home.
    Being self employed is what allows a person to adjust the hours
    of his/her labor.
    If she wants something she will just want me to work harder.
    Geez makeup & perfume cost a lot of money!:confused: LOL
    Signature
    You've got it Made
    with the Guy in the Shades!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AgencyScripts
    "quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing"

    huh!?

    That's like asking my ex to stop being a nurse cause I don't understand the whole thing.

    Think she would stop? helll no! lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emily Meeks
    My boyfriend really care what I do, so long as I'm taking care of myself and staying out of trouble. When I first got started, he wasn't very thrilled with me because I spent way too much money learning how, and not making a return on investment. For awhile he thought I was wasting time, but I told him I'd still take care of business and eventually prove him wrong.

    Once I started making some money, he's supported the idea. He got hooked on the small success I've had so far, and he'll probably get involved himself once I really scale up my efforts and make it consistent.

    Bottom line: So long as I fulfill my responsibilities, I can have at it with IM as far as he's concerned.
    Signature

    In all that you do, know your True INTENT...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Aragon
    If I could go back in time I would have never pursued IM, and instead, I would have given my ex-wife more attention when she needed it the most, opposed to IM'ing for a measley $40-$250/day... NOT WORTH IT!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quit in the name of love?
    A woman who asked me to quit on my dreams would mean that I married the wrong woman. Though I couldn't imagine anyone who really loved me would ask me to do such a thing.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Biggy Fat
    I'm not married but I have a GF. But I'll assume that I do have a wife and everything and I was a success in IM. My answer is no. If IM keeps me afloat as opposed to a regular job, that is what I'ma do. Ultimately, God put me in that realm and I have to take his orders.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757751].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Linley
      I am not married yet either but my girlfriend is actually the one who encouraged me to quit my full time job and part time job and pursue IM full time! so I know she is with me and behind me and would never ask me to give it up..she knows its my dream and that is the kind of woman you want to marry!!!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TSc
    It's all a question about the situation.

    Is IM a small hobbie or the bill payer or a passion?
    Is the woman a nice sidekick or your great love of life?
    Are you balanced in spending time in IM and your family or do you sit in front of your monitor 25 hours a day?
    Do you love it to be dominated?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757790].message }}
  • Would rather quit. My goal is not to be self financially free or rich. My goal was and still is to share financial freedom and happiness with another person. Would I miss it? Yes

    But would I want to do it without her around? No

    Whats money if you have noone to share it with. If I was and when I was alone, I didn't need nor want money, it just didn't seem that important.

    Honestly with 1000-1500 dollars I could live like a king. But with a baby coming, needing to get a house, car and me starting an ice hockey team and buying them into the top UK league, so that I can land a scholarship in the USA and we can move over.

    I figured, if I'm earning dollars, and my gf wants to pursue her career as a social worker, and she thinks it would be better over in the USA. It seems only natural. Plus the conversion rate is killing me from dollars to pounds, and I'm all that closer to playing ice hockey as a sport and IM'ing close to autopilot. I have goals, whether for my age you think there too small or too big is up to you .

    Jay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1757859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Morgan
      Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

      Would rather quit. My goal is not to be self financially free or rich. My goal was and still is to share financial freedom and happiness with another person. Would I miss it? Yes

      But would I want to do it without her around? No

      That is my point. Yes it would be hard to to do, but in the end family is more important than work. But you need work to support your family, so its unlikely most people would be forced to choose.
      Signature
      Jeremy Morgan, Software Developer / SEO
      Check out my Programming Blog for news, tips, and tutorials
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    You men here are all just "whipped"! Just tell her to get back in the kitchen where she belongs and the next time she opens her mouth it better be when she is eating!!!!! No J/K LOL!

    If it came down to her or IM, then yes I would stop. But as other people have posted, if it came to that there has to be other underlying problems with the marriage. My wife is THE MOST IMPORTANT person to me in the whole world!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758152].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by ash107 View Post

      Also, the original question referred to "saving your marriage". So it implies something rather extreme to me, not just misunderstanding what IM is or anything like that. Why would you be in a situation where you need to "save" your marriage?
      Ash, thanks for posting this. It made me look at the original question again, and another word jumped out at me...

      "Men Warriors: Would You Mind Quitting IM Just to Save Your Marriage?"

      Just to save my marriage? I'm guessing our buddy King Shiloh is a single guy. If he truly understood the commitment you make when you say "I do", the word "just" wouldn't have even occurred to him in this context.

      That said, I have made adjustments to how I do things online for her.

      After my late mother-in-law passed away (she was an invalid and lived with us for over eight years), I had to change my schedule. Previously, I spent a large portion of my days taking care of my mother-in-law while my wife worked. When she got home, it was my turn to "go to work", so a lot of the time all she saw was the back of my head.

      After my m-i-l was gone, that wasn't necessary anymore, but it was a habit, and it was making both of us less than happy. Now, I work while she's gone. Unless I'm on a deadline or in the middle of something that must be finished, when she gets home, I go off the clock. It's meant different hours, sometimes stranger hours, but we spend our evenings together again.

      Singles and bitter divorced guys, that's your cue to tell me how "whipped" I am...:rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758816].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author neodarth
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Now, I work while she's gone. Unless I'm on a deadline or in the middle of something that must be finished, when she gets home, I go off the clock. It's meant different hours, sometimes stranger hours, but we spend our evenings together again.
        Thanks for that John, that's my goal for my marriage.
        Signature
        ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

        ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    I only date girls who like Internet Marketing......
    Signature

    Learn Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing For Your Business
    Click here to learn more - Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zerofill
    Well the answer to that from me = NO, I wouldn't. Because frankly if she told me that I would figure she needed a mental institution more than she needed me... lol
    Signature
    Serp Shaker
    The IM World Will Be Shaken to the Core!
    Join my list at: IMCool.Biz
    New Podcast --> podcast.imcool.biz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1758995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author randdyorton
    I would since I'm a noob
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Wood
    It would depend on the reasons for her wanting me to quit. If it was really getting in the way of our marriage then I certainly would if the choice was IM or divorce, especially with kids involved.

    There needs to by compromise though in marriage from both partners otherwise it is almost doomed to fail anyway.

    I think my wife understands I love IM but one of the main reasons I push myself so hard with it on a daily basis is the need to provide for my family and in reality she would never ask me to quit. She has told me several times in the past that if it came to it she would go get a real job before me because she knows how miserable I would be if I had to go back to a 9 - 5.
    Signature
    SublimeSEO.net - SEO services you can count on including our incredible SERP Ignition Package. Massive link diversity for one great price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ellis
    There are a lot of different scenarios that have to be considered.

    For example,

    1) If IM is all you do and you don't make any money. Well, then your wife may have a point. You should quit and get something more stable to make sure you have food on the table each day.

    2) If IM is all you do and you make plenty of moolah. Well, then what the heck is with your wife to want you to walk away from it? Good gosh, it's not like you're illegally gambling or selling porn. Would I walk away? Heck no.

    3) You work a full time job and you do IM on the side (most common scenario). This is probably a factor in many relationships. If you're already putting 40 hrs in and then come home and put another 20-30 hours in IM, it's going to put a strain on the relationship in the long term - especially if the wife doesn't see results.

    Number 3 is obviously a hard one. Both sides have a legit complaint. One side thinks the other is neglecting them for no return and the other side thinks they're building a business for the future, which will help the family. It's tuff.

    Would I quite IM in case#3? No, but I would certainly beg, plead, then bend if needed... and then I would put the pedal to the metal on making cash, because after all, money has a way of changing people's minds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quit in the name of love?
    In the name of love? If anyone's spouse would ask them to quit doing something they enjoy simply because they don't understand it, I'd have to question the legitimacy of their love.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author txconx
    I agree with those who said if you're getting this ultimatum, there's something else wrong.

    I've come up with some harebrained schemes over the years and my husband didn't understand any of them. All he cares about is (1) am I making money? and (2) is it legal? As long as I'm bringing in a steady income, holding up my end of responsibilities in the marriage and I'm happy, he doesn't care how I make money. If he asked me to quit, I'd have to assume my work was not making/costing money or I wasn't fulfilling my responsibilities to the family.

    I've been in business for myself for 25+ years and I've seen a lot of "business gone bad." Sometimes, someone gets so in love with their business plan, they can't see the flaws or their faulty execution of the plan. Once in awhile, they need a reality check by someone who has the power to deliver it. Sometimes, that someone is a spouse.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
    Banned
    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quit in the name of love?
    Would you quit your job as a heart surgeon if your wife didn't understand the whole triple bypass thing? Perhaps the better option would be to not marry a crazy person in the first place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
    Banned
    Dupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Han Fan
    If your a man with a purpose...and you believe IM is your purpose

    then no Wife, Nobody should stop

    you

    from being you..

    The Training is heading the destiny rather she is on it or not..

    Han



    Originally Posted by King Shiloh View Post

    Love is in the air right now. So, if your wife wakes up tomorrow morning and asks you to quit Internet Marketing because she does not understand the whole thing, will you quit in the name of love?
    Signature
    - Don't Wanna miss that Early Bird Special Again?
    Sign Up HERE: http://hanfanapproved.com/hfslc/getYourEarlyBirdSpecialHERE/


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I finally decided to chime in on this one.

    This is an easy one for me - IM is just an activity. there are thousands of ways to make money.

    I'm assuming that I wouldn't marry someone who was clueless about what I care about and love doing, so if somehow there was a point where she believed I should stop IM for the benefit of our relationship - the relationship wins easily.

    I'd happily be a house-husband or just live a simple life with the right person, afterall - that's what life's about - finding something you care about more than yourself and being completely happy with your situation and feelings.

    Andy
    p.s - it would be even nicer if she was already rich so we both didn't have to give each other any hassles based on money.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1759770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JBird85
      I am with everyone else on this, if my hubby had a legit reason to ask me to quit IM (he can be rational) then I would most assuredly quit. I am still a newbie so I haven't made any money, but I do have a job that I can take part of my pay from to try and make this work.

      Let me pose another question, this one for the women.
      If your husband felt threatened by the fact that you were making more money than him through IM, would you quit?

      Personally I would ask him why it would matter, we would be making more money all around. Knowing my husband this would likely never be an issue .
      JBird85
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1760039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Venturetothetop
        Wait...

        Is this a joke or a serious question???

        Everyone has a passion and every freelancer must have a love of their business or they will not survive. Yes, sometimes, the passion can get a little overboard, but then you need to scale back a little and spend some more time with the one you love,

        But to leave internet marketing for the love of a women?
        Internet marketing is part of my life, and if she really loved me she would understand that, and instead just ask me to spend more time with her, not quit it.

        My lady should be a big part of my life... she is not my life. That's what wil keep us healthy, ensuring we have our own individual goals along with our ambitions together.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1760145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebent
    I would not divorce her but she knows this is my passion and has stuck by me this long so I owe it to her to make it work. I will help her understand it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1760159].message }}

Trending Topics