What's WRONG with you people!!!

by severt 28 replies
Hi there,

I'm about to tell you a little story what I think may change your idea of how to make money online. PERIOD!

First a simple question:

If you have to choose between building a steady business or quick cash, what would be your answer?

I bet 9 out of 10 would say: building a steady business AND quick cash...

Then here is my second question: Why do you people buy products that are all related to "quick cash / new ways of making money etc." and not start to find out how to build a real business?
Is it to difficult?

Most products that are sold online these days are a great way to EXPAND your business but not to create a new business with.

Take a look at your inbox and name me 1 product that is truely giving you the content/setup to create a new steady business.
I guess there isn't one..
And you wanna know why?

Because building a business isn't something that "guru's" want or can learn you.
If you really want to learn how to create a business you need a coach, someone you can contact if you have problems, other people to mastermind with, etc.

Here's a bad example of a quick cash method.

Guru "A" brings out a product which he sell for $77
So most people think: "Wow, just 77 bucks and I'm going to make money with these new proven techniques and finally can tell my friends I'm going to be rich, they are going to be so proud of me!!"

Well, did you make the money?
I guess not...

This is because a few thousand other people bought exactly the same course, did exactly what was outlined in the product and you're al are competeting with each other... And guess who is happy?

THE CREATOR OF THE PRODUCT WITH A "STEADY BUSINESS" !

All people who purchased from the Vendor just made the guy 200 / 300k.
So who is really making money here?

RIGHT!, The guy with the business.

There are products sold these days for $1000 and even $2000 that just learn how to make some money online. It's not even telling you how to build a business!!

So again, be carefull when you buy a quick cash method because in 99% of all cases you are NOT the one who is going to make some money.

I know some of you may think, "Yes but Dennis, I just made a few hundred bucks following the advice of Guru "A" and I"m very happy!!"

Well, maybe you are.
But what if that method for some reason doesn't work anymore and your sales drop?

Are you really that happy with a few hundred bucks OR did you wish you had a steasy business with multiple income streams that can handle such things?

We all want to quit our day jobs, go on vacation when we want to, drive a ferrari and live in a new house right?

Then STOP spending your money on "quick cash systems" and build a real business!!!

Good luck everybody!

--

I'd love to get some comment on my story above so let's go!

Cheers,

Dennis
#main internet marketing discussion forum #building #business #cash #newbies #newbies make money #quick
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author write-stuff
    Right on, Dennis. It seems that a lot of people follow the phantom trail of easy money and end up with none and no business either.

    I'd sure like to put together 2-3 highly talented people and attack the issue from both ends. All the squeeze pages, useless free reports, and uninformative text will get you are some crumbs. You have to give something of REAL value to get longterm success.

    - Russ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
      Hey Dennis, I agree that 90% of products and systems that come out today are more tactical than they are strategic - as such - they can be a tactic that one could add to an existing business, assuming you already had a solid foundation built...BUT

      There are products, membership sites and coaching programs that DO give you the basic underlying system.

      For example, my first Bible for online marketing was Corey Rudl Insider Secrets IM course which provided all aspects that would be required to either take an existing business online or to start an online business with one exception - the idea/product, which I recognized and created a product to fill that gap that sold extremely well from 2001-present - still sells well today with many success cases where people have gone from the Biz Opp mentality to a business building mentality.

      There are others - Rich Schefren, Eban, Marlon - all stress the importance of a system that builds a REAL business rather than the latest tactic.

      What IS true is that there are many bad products out there, there are products that are tactical and their are fewer that provide the business-building processes and strategies that will really build a strong, vibrant, growing online and offline business. They do exist however.

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159026].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      While a lot of your post is correct, you are also generalizing.

      I have personally bought one product that actually teaches you HOW to
      build a business, from the ground floor up.

      And the reason I know it works is because after I went through the whole
      thing, I said to myself, "Yep, this is everything I did to get to where I am."

      Sure, there are a lot of "quick cash" products out there that will lose their
      steam after a while...sometimes a long while. But there is at least one product
      that really does what you say can't be done without a mentor.

      Are there others? Maybe. I don't know. I've personally tried to make some
      of my products as complete as possible, but making something that
      complete is not easy because there are so many variables.

      Plus, not everybody can afford a mentor. My rates would drop your jaw
      through the floor.

      Sometimes, putting the pieces together is person's only option if he is
      financially challenged to begin with.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jem
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        ...

        I have personally bought one product that actually teaches you HOW to
        build a business, from the ground floor up.
        Hi Steven

        Can you share that product? I'm sure I saw you mention Nitro blueprint before, is that the one?

        thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160593].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Income_Legend
      severt, you spoke quite correctly about the mindset of the people. As basically, we all want the easy way out and in doing so we burn big holes in our pockets and at the same time, not acheive what we want.

      Your post was wonderful as you conveyed a lot in such simple words, thanks for the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Travis72802
    Where's your evidence that a majority of people WANT to build a business?

    Most of the evidence I have...is that people want to earn EXTRA money every month. (look at the wso's for one. Make '$50 a day' KILLS 'start your own business'...or 'learn list building'.) In my opinion...a MAJORITY of folks just want to earn EXTRA MONEY.

    I am not saying all.

    But...

    A majority...

    And this MAY BE why those EARN EXTRA MONEY products do so well?

    I understand where your coming from though. I really do. Just think that people that want to build a business are really in the minority...not majority.

    Could be wrong?

    Travis
    Signature

    Be A Bum Marketer! Free eCourse
    http://www.BumMarketingMethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159106].message }}
    • Exactly, Travis. And nowadays, there are most likely even MORE people who would like to earn extra money each month. The economy downturn and high gas prices have eaten up most family's "spending money".

      Not everyone wants a "business" per se, but they sure would like to be able to fill up the gas tank or go out to eat once in a while without sweatin' it.

      Originally Posted by Travis72802 View Post

      Where's your evidence that a majority of people WANT to build a business?

      Most of the evidence I have...is that people want to earn EXTRA money every month. (look at the wso's for one. Make '$50 a day' KILLS 'start your own business'...or 'learn list building'.) In my opinion...a MAJORITY of folks just want to earn EXTRA MONEY.

      I am not saying all.

      But...

      A majority...

      And this MAY BE why those EARN EXTRA MONEY products do so well?

      I understand where your coming from though. I really do. Just think that people that want to build a business are really in the minority...not majority.

      Could be wrong?

      Travis
      Signature
      -----------------------------------------


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tess47
    Travis is exactly right - the majority of people want to make some good extra money, not build an empire.

    I used Travis' bum marketing method and made my FIRST MONEY EVER online, and think many people would be very happy to do the same. An added bonus - once I got the bum marketing method down, I realized that I had learned MUCH more, and now make good money with affiliate marketing.

    Travis is my close neighbor - 13 miles away, but he doesn't know this. Funny how you can learn the best lesson online from someone who lives in your backyard
    Signature

    Tess
    Ghostwriting Services - Exceptional Content With An SEO Twist!
    Internet Marketing Tips - Straight Talk Marketing! Is Success on YOUR Horizon?
    Content Writing Services - Great. Content. Period.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159380].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author timpears
      I would like to know what is "extra money". I hear or see that term a lot, but have as of yet not been able to figure out what it is. :p

      If anyone can figure that out, and they find some, can they please send it over my way.
      Signature

      Tim Pears

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159417].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Bruno
        People have to make a logical choice as to whether they want to become primarily a consumer of information, or a product creator themselves.

        Most people feel that the only way they can get their education is to continuously by product after product after product before they feel that they're learning something.

        It comes down to mind set too.

        There are many people who don't even want to create a "business" they just want to earn extra money.

        Now my feeling is that the reason they do this is because they don't know what it's like to reach a certain income or experience level where they can actually become a "business".

        The fastest way to learn Internet marketing is to work one-on-one with an experienced marketer.

        Unfortunately a lot people would say they cannot afford to work one-on-one with a coach, but yet you see them spending hundreds of dollars every month to buy product after product spinning their wheels.

        Makes no sense....

        Here's an analogy of a hypothetical situation.

        It's like selling somebody a $5000 product or service.

        When you tell them to pay you $5000 for your service you'll get fewer takers then if you offered an entry service for $1000 and up sell them throughout the sales funnel to the $5000 service.

        Ultimately they're still paying you $5000, but because it was paid incrementally, it's psychologically more appealing to purchase a lower-priced entry service.


        Frank Bruno
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159453].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author privateye2500
        Originally Posted by timpears View Post

        I would like to know what is "extra money". I hear or see that term a lot, but have as of yet not been able to figure out what it is. :p

        If anyone can figure that out, and they find some, can they please send it over my way.
        Definition: Being more than is needed, desired, or appropriate.

        Beyond or more than what is usual, expected, or necessary; additional:

        Synonyms: accessory, added, addendum, additional, afterthought, ancillary, annex, appendix, fringe benefit, lagniappe, leftover, more, odd, over, perk, perquisite, plus, postscript, redundance, redundancy, reinforcement, reserve, spare, special, stand-in, superabundance, supererogation, superfluity, superfluous, superior, supernumerary, supervenient, supplement, supplemental, supplementary, surcharge, surplus, unusually

        Hope that helps!

        Melanie
        Signature

        Investigative Resources LLC
        http://www.unlisted-etcetera.com
        http://www.cell-phone-numbers.com
        http://investigativeresources.co.uk
        Thank you for your valuable business!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Molano
    I agree to some extent.

    Believe it or not there are GOOD products out there that teach you how to build a business from the ground up.

    As there are also GOOD products that teach you how to earn some extra quick cash.

    People have different interests, some want a sustainable online steady business and some want extra cash. You could call them sub niches within the same niche.
    Signature
    Como Ganar Dinero Por Internet - Spanish Make Money Online Site

    Daniel Molano
    - LinkedIn Profile
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John M Kane
    Yeah Steven,
    We Generalize and delete and distort what enters our knoggin'
    If we didn't our brain would implode.

    Some might think it would explode but, what happens when we generalize is we create an intense vacuum as our thoughts start to attract the type of thoughts we give power to.

    This generalizing is nothing more than a way for our psychy to make sense of the world we live in.

    Unfortunately, this method that was developed to "protect" us often is the cause of great pain and suffering.

    We become slaves to habits, instinctual twitches so to speak.

    Although we don't seem to be as bad as the "Boy Who Couldn;t Stop Washing", we will suffer from autonomic responses.

    We are such incredible "creatures of habit".

    I've seen people even when given the full benefit of loving friends and family totally self destruct.

    To confirm this all we need do is look at the latest report of another starlet or Hollywood has been that was DUI'd last week end.

    Point being, people are strange when your a stranger... (sorry Mr Morrison for the blatant rip off)

    They are capable of the most mind boggling expression of courage and generosity as well as the stunning show of evil.

    Some thing I learned this last weekend is the people we least expect to perform often surprise us.

    The Friday night chat hosted on by our own Judy K gave me a confidence that there are some really wonderful people out in cyberspace.

    I tend to poke, prod and provoke but they welcomed my detour into Religion of all things and I must say I was shocked.

    As far as the OP. steady or quick I would say "satisfied" customer.

    If I can generate a customer that is not just steady or quick but, truly "happy" with the deal we did I'm in heaven.
    They are going to talk about me and promote me.
    I used to sell exercise gear. Nothing really special except, the bonus.

    They got "me". I knew that what they bought could tighten their flabby behind, tone their abs, lose big time weight,,,if they used it, if they used it like I instructed.

    Losing weight is soooo easy, you just have to follow the rules.
    Some thought "they" didn't have to, well they didn't get results.

    I'll save the fullness for another time.

    Good luck, may you get not just what you hope for but what you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LB
    The key to making money is simple apparently...bash gurus and complain.

    At least, it would seem that way from some of the threads here lately...

    Something to think about.
    Signature
    Tired of Article Marketing, Backlink Spamming and Other Crusty Old Traffic Methods?

    Click Here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159545].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MoonLoh
    Dennis, thanks for voice out what I'm actually have in my mind! Yes, I feel that the creator of the product who earn a lot is the happiest one. The others who hope they can make fast money just end up with disapppointed.
    But what to do? The market is full of this "quick cash system"...
    Signature

    Moon Loh
    Share my passion, findings, ideas, recommendations, learning curve towards a success Internet Marketing Entrepreneur @ http://MoonLoh.com
    Visit my lovely 2 years old daughter @ http://CoolestBabyMoon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PotPieGirl
    Sometimes, putting the pieces together is person's only option if he is
    financially challenged to begin with.
    This is SO true, Steven!

    When I first started all this, I didn't have the money to invest into 'building a business' OR 'make extra money'. I had to learn thru the old-fashioned process of trial and error.

    I also must say that I didn't truly realize the potential for this to be a long-term business until I fit a few pieces together.

    It's hard to not fall for the 'shiny things' online. It all sounds so easy and at that point, you don't even KNOW what you need.

    There is nothing "wrong" with people.... we're all just human.

    Jennifer
    ~PotPieGirl
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[159765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RhondaM
      From my experience and from those who I have spoken to, many people started looking into Internet Marketing to make extra cash. It is only once they have started learning that they realise it can be so much more. Some then decide to use it to build a business whilst others decide that it is not really for them and just dabble to make a few extra dollars as and when they feel like it. We all have our reasons for doing it, but I think some just dont feel cut out to run a business and have no interest in that.

      There are also those that have limited finances and big dreams. When they start out, it may look like they are trying to get cash quickly from afar, but as this cash comes in, they reinvest into building a business in the long run. People won't know just by the products someone buys whether they are in it for the long run or just for the hope of quick cash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160447].message }}
      • i agree on that..the stupidity of QUick Way, in 2- 3 hours and bunch of others are misleading and giving bad name to internet marketing...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160466].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author marlon
        Hello,

        Marlon here.

        Since my name was invoked (what's up Scott?), I'll give my 2 cents.

        What you should learn from this is what a GREAT job Rich Schefren is doing convincing
        his folks of his point of view and even getting them to promote it in forums.

        He's evangelizing his troops.

        And doing a very good job of it.

        I wish I'd done that good of a job of indoctrinating my folks over the years. It's a great
        thing to learn from.

        Marlon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
    People we are in the marketing industry our very word fuels an economy..

    I agree that a lot of people got burned with get rich quick schemes but there are also real methods pushed by our fellows here that really works with proper dedication.

    I hope that we don't generalize that all systems fail because there can never be a generalization. Somehow there are exceptions and if we keep saying that "hey people what's wrong with you" we are taking away the chance for other people to hear about really great products that will deliver.

    Again, we are in the internet marketing! If we experience some quick schemes not to work our duty is not to market that and look for better products that would deliver. In my opinion we should not go shouting that things don't work IT WILL TAKE OUT THE SPIRIT OF WHICH WE OPERATE.

    ~Omar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davebo
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160537].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
      Originally Posted by davebo View Post

      Most IM products are complete and utter crap, at least 99% of them. I've only come across a couple products that are actually worth what I spent on them. At this point, I could care less about the whole guru mass launches because they are just a complete distraction.

      The warrior forum is filled with people that just continue to buy more and more products and have no income to show for it. I read someone's post a few months ago and she said she was going to create like 1000 hubpages and try to make 5 cents a day with them so she would then have $50/day at the end. Seriously? Is that the best you could do with 1000 pages of content? And this is someone who is well respected on the WF.

      I guess it will never end though.
      Davebo,

      Strong words man. Do you have proof of it? Have you actually conducted a survey of how many members did as you stated.

      If not, then it's only your opinion and may I suggest that you put "In my opinion" on your very strong post..

      Just a suggestion.

      Omar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naruq
      Severt I agree and disagree with your post. Let me explain. There are some people who are only interested in making a couple thousand dollars per month to make a car payment, pay off debt or pay for tuition. There are other individuals who want to build a full-fledge business from the ground up. In addition, their are internet information products out there that teach you tactics and strategies. In essence it depends on the goals of the individual internet marketer.
      Signature

      Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author privateye2500
    Ya know, I burst out laughing when I read that topic line.
    I say that line SO often and this really brought it to my attention. -

    Because I say that ALL the time to my friends/family when they are doing something I think is Stupid! LOL

    M/
    Signature

    Investigative Resources LLC
    http://www.unlisted-etcetera.com
    http://www.cell-phone-numbers.com
    http://investigativeresources.co.uk
    Thank you for your valuable business!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[161213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingshouse
    I can see where you are coming from ol chap however most people online are so used to hype that they will nearly always choose 'make $4k in 48 hours' than 'earn alot of money in 7 weeks'.

    One sounds like work while the other one does not.

    You may want the best for people but you just have to sell it right and what most people online are looking for is 'Instant Gratification'. We are in the microwae age remember!

    Kingshouse
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[161281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terry Ma
      Originally Posted by Kingshouse View Post

      I can see where you are coming from ol chap however most people online are so used to hype that they will nearly always choose 'make $4k in 48 hours' than 'earn alot of money in 7 weeks'.

      One sounds like work while the other one does not.

      You may want the best for people but you just have to sell it right and what most people online are looking for is 'Instant Gratification'. We are in the microwae age remember!

      Kingshouse
      That is a pretty good analogy, because microwave food,
      while it could be tasty sometimes, is one of the unhealthiest
      cooking (or simply re-heating) method. So Instant Gratification
      may solve a short term problem but not necessarily be good
      for the long term.
      Signature
      "Do You Want to Make $227,969 This Year, Stop Working "in" your business even worse than a SLAVE does, PROFIT While You Sleep, Work Less but actually MAKE MORE MONEY?!"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[161369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingshouse
    Originally Posted by severt View Post

    Hi there,

    I'm about to tell you a little story what I think may change your idea of how to make money online. PERIOD!

    First a simple question:

    If you have to choose between building a steady business or quick cash, what would be your answer?

    I bet 9 out of 10 would say: building a steady business AND quick cash...

    Then here is my second question: Why do you people buy products that are all related to "quick cash / new ways of making money etc." and not start to find out how to build a real business?
    Is it to difficult?

    Most products that are sold online these days are a great way to EXPAND your business but not to create a new business with.

    Take a look at your inbox and name me 1 product that is truely giving you the content/setup to create a new steady business.
    I guess there isn't one..
    And you wanna know why?

    Because building a business isn't something that "guru's" want or can learn you.
    If you really want to learn how to create a business you need a coach, someone you can contact if you have problems, other people to mastermind with, etc.

    Here's a bad example of a quick cash method.

    Guru "A" brings out a product which he sell for $77
    So most people think: "Wow, just 77 bucks and I'm going to make money with these new proven techniques and finally can tell my friends I'm going to be rich, they are going to be so proud of me!!"

    Well, did you make the money?
    I guess not...

    This is because a few thousand other people bought exactly the same course, did exactly what was outlined in the product and you're al are competeting with each other... And guess who is happy?

    THE CREATOR OF THE PRODUCT WITH A "STEADY BUSINESS" !

    All people who purchased from the Vendor just made the guy 200 / 300k.
    So who is really making money here?

    RIGHT!, The guy with the business.

    There are products sold these days for $1000 and even $2000 that just learn how to make some money online. It's not even telling you how to build a business!!

    So again, be carefull when you buy a quick cash method because in 99% of all cases you are NOT the one who is going to make some money.

    I know some of you may think, "Yes but Dennis, I just made a few hundred bucks following the advice of Guru "A" and I"m very happy!!"

    Well, maybe you are.
    But what if that method for some reason doesn't work anymore and your sales drop?

    Are you really that happy with a few hundred bucks OR did you wish you had a steasy business with multiple income streams that can handle such things?

    We all want to quit our day jobs, go on vacation when we want to, drive a ferrari and live in a new house right?

    Then STOP spending your money on "quick cash systems" and build a real business!!!

    Good luck everybody!

    --

    I'd love to get some comment on my story above so let's go!

    Cheers,

    Dennis
    I can see where you are coming from ol chap however most people online are so used to hype that they will nearly always choose 'make $4k money in 48 hours' than 'earn alot of money in 7 weeks'.

    One sounds like work while the other one does not.

    You may want the best for people but you just have to sell it right and what most people online are looking for is 'Instant Gratification'. We are in the microwae age remember!

    Kingshouse
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[161286].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics