Product Creators Who Make CDs...I Need Your Help

by Steven Wagenheim 7 replies
Well, I really tried to do this on my own by going to my local Staples but they
were useless.

Here is what I need.

1. The software that creates the inserts and the CD labels.

2. Glossy stock inserts. I don't want that cheap matte crappy paper.

3. Foil labels, not the paper ones. They curl up if you leave them in a hot car.

If you can help me here, I'd appreciate it.

And no, I don't want to hire a service to do this. I want to create the CDs
myself using my HP Deskjet 6122 and XP operating system and I need top
quality stock and labels for the CDs.

Thanks.

** EDIT ** This is for personal use ONLY. I am not selling any product so I don't need
a professional solution. I just want something that is going to look nice and won't curl
up on me in the hot sun.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #cdsi #creators #make #product
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author deu12000
    1. You can actually use Word/Photoshop for this with templates. A very easy to use and free program that does all of this is Avery DesignPro for PC | Avery

    2. The glossy paper can be just that, glossy paper, cut down to size.

    3. For the paper stock and labels Ebay will probably be the cheapest place to get everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getsmartt
    Steven, I know you want to do it with your equipment, but you can pick up a cheap epson (do a search on ebay for epson r200) that will print directly to DVD's. The inkjet printable DVD's are not much more expensive than standard DVD's and the quality of the labeling is so much better.
    Signature

    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by getsmartt View Post

      Steven, I know you want to do it with your equipment, but you can pick up a cheap epson (do a search on ebay for epson r200) that will print directly to DVD's. The inkjet printable DVD's are not much more expensive than standard DVD's and the quality of the labeling is so much better.
      Thanks but I already spent the money on 100 CDs so I'd prefer not to let
      them go to waste.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158767].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
        Steven,

        If you really don't want to waste your 100 CDs then the advice from deu12000 is the way to go.

        But I've got to say...

        ...you must be mad!

        What made you choose this route in the first place? Oh, never mind. To each their own.

        Peter
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158798].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KarlWarren
          Got to agree with Peter here...

          firstly, labels - of any sort, are notorious for causing "wobble" in the disc drive. And the last thing your customer wants is a CD/DVD which decides to spin out of control because it doesn't have a perfect centre of gravity.

          I would seriously suggest, once these 100 discs are done and dusted - that you look at Kunaki.
          Signature
          eCoverNinja - Sales Page Graphics & Layout Specialist
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158805].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
            Originally Posted by KarlWarren View Post

            Got to agree with Peter here...

            firstly, labels - of any sort, are notorious for causing "wobble" in the disc drive. And the last thing your customer wants is a CD/DVD which decides to spin out of control because it doesn't have a perfect centre of gravity.

            I would seriously suggest, once these 100 discs are done and dusted - that you look at Kunaki.
            Thanks Karl, but as I said to Peter (should have noted this in the post) this
            is for personal use. I'm not selling any products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158815].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author KarlWarren
              Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

              Thanks Karl, but as I said to Peter (should have noted this in the post) this
              is for personal use. I'm not selling any products.
              Got it...

              in this case:

              The label applicator is going to come in very handy
              Avery label templates are perfect for the job.
              Signature
              eCoverNinja - Sales Page Graphics & Layout Specialist
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158819].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                Originally Posted by KarlWarren View Post

                Got it...

                in this case:

                The label applicator is going to come in very handy
                Avery label templates are perfect for the job.
                Sounds good. Do they sell the inserts that are double sided?

                Okay, maybe I should go into a little more detail as to what I need.

                It's a music CD.

                The front will be the CD deisgn.
                Inside of that will be the track listings.
                Next to that will be the production info.
                On the 4th side will be the back design

                So I need inserts that can print on both sides.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158824].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
                Fairenuffski

                Edit: I've just noticed that my 600th post was 'Fairenuffski' - what a contribution !!

                What I should have said is:

                There's nowt as queer as folk, there's nobody right 'cept thee and thou, and I'm not too sure 'bout thou.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158826].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by Peter Bestel View Post

          Steven,

          If you really don't want to waste your 100 CDs then the advice from deu12000 is the way to go.

          But I've got to say...

          ...you must be mad!

          What made you choose this route in the first place? Oh, never mind. To each their own.

          Peter
          Peter, the reason I chose this route is because this isn't for business. It's
          for personal use BUT...I still want the CDs to look professional.

          But since this is for non profit purposes, I'm not spending money that I
          don't need to spend.

          Sure, if I'm selling a $297 product, yeah, of course I'm going to go with
          the best. But for this purpose, heck, even glossy paper and foil labels is
          going overboard.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author write-stuff
    What getsmartt said. They really do look so much better.
    - Russ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deu12000
    I forgot to mention they sell CD label applicators. These make it a breeze to put labels on perfectly everytime. You can pick these up new for $5-10.


    They sell the glossy paper with blank backs. You don't have to get paper that says HP on the back. With a paper cutter you can cut it down to size.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[158790].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics