Help - I can't login to Paypal

by Harvey Segal 32 replies
I was experimenting with the Manage Currency option
and tried to change the default currency.

An error message about Stack overflow occurred.


Now every time I try to login I get

---------------------------------------------------
Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation during the next day.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again
---------------------------------------------------


Any suggestions please ?

Harvey
#main internet marketing discussion forum #login #paypal
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Denton
    Follow the instructions and try to login in again. If that doesnt work then contact Paypal direct.

    ND
    Signature
    Online marketing, offline marketing and various other things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Harvey,

    Try clearing the PayPal cookie and then try logging in from the PayPal
    home page.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

      Harvey,

      Try clearing the PayPal cookie and then try logging in from the PayPal
      home page.

      John
      John

      I'm getting the problem with 3 different browsers
      so I assume cookies are not the problem

      Harvey
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Harvey,

    All three bowsers may be accessing the same cookie
    files.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author admin
    Administrator
    Leave it to Harvey to break the whole of PayPal....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
    Hav you tried clearing your browser cache?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by Floyd Fisher View Post

      Hav you tried clearing your browser cache?
      No, but I assume that's not necessary if 3 browers are encountering the same problem. Is that not so ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Harvey,

    As the problem seems to be specific to you, it
    might be worth clearing your browser cache and,
    perhaps, rebooting your internet connection to
    get a fresh IP.

    I've checked both of my PayPal accounts and all
    is well with both PayPal.co.uk and PayPal.com

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

      Harvey,
      As the problem seems to be specific to you, it
      might be worth clearing your browser cache and,
      perhaps, rebooting your internet connection to
      get a fresh IP.
      John,

      (Thanks for your assistance)

      I can access my personal account so is the above
      still required - if so how do I reboot my Internet connection ?

      PS Simultaneously I have been trying to
      contact Paypal.

      1. I have to answer Business or Personal

      2. Then last 4 digits of an account

      3. Then phone number

      but instead of saying what's wrong (if anything)
      it goes back to (1) again.


      Harvey
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Mmm, that's weird, if you can get into one account
    and not the other. A reboot probably wouldn't make
    any difference.

    Just as a matter of interest, have you tried rebooting
    your computer?

    Contacting PayPal isn't the easiest of tasks!

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    To reboot internet connection, unplug your modem from the back of your computer, reboot the computer and then plug in the modem again. Reboot the computer again if necessary (no internet connection).
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160264].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by Patrician View Post

      To reboot internet connection, unplug your modem from the back of your computer, reboot the computer and then plug in the modem again. Reboot the computer again if necessary (no internet connection).
      Ah, I guess that is what I normally do when i have a connection problem.
      I turn off PC, router and modem in that order and turn back on in the reverse order.
      I assume that is what is called rebooting the internet connection ?

      Anyway I have tried it - but no luck.


      Also I have come across another Paypal contact number 888-221-1161
      but I am told it is not valid

      I assume that phoning from the UK it is 01-888-221-1161.
      Correct ?

      Harvey
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[160325].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
        Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

        Ah, I guess that is what I normally do when i have a connection problem.
        I turn off PC, router and modem in that order and turn back on in the reverse order.
        I assume that is what is called rebooting the internet connection ?

        Anyway I have tried it - but no luck.


        Also I have come across another Paypal contact number 888-221-1161
        but I am told it is not valid

        I assume that phoning from the UK it is 01-888-221-1161.
        Correct ?

        Harvey
        Harvey:

        That is a big negative. That number is a US Toll Free number, which cannot be accessed from overseas.

        There should be a collect call number on that page as well. Call that instead.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[166257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexanderSZ
    I have the exact same problem and it is causing a lot of problems for me, since I can't login.

    I've tested on 2 different computers in the home network, as well as Firefox 2.0, Firefox 3.0, IE 7, Google Chrome. Same problem in all of the browsers.

    Cleared cookies.


    If i remember right I changed my default currency from dollars to euro not long ago. Could be the reason why. I do not remember any error message though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Martin Avis
      You dial 001 for America - but will the US support people be much use for PayPal UK?

      Martin
      Signature
      Martin Avis publishes Kickstart Newsletter - Subscribe free at http://kickstartnewsletter.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165515].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
        Originally Posted by Martin.Avis View Post

        You dial 001 for America - but will the US support people be much use for PayPal UK?
        I phoned a UK number but got into the same loop in the menu
        options about returning to the first question.

        I've sent an email and now received a reply explaining how
        to login and change the currency default to which I replied.

        ---------------------------------------------
        Thanks for your reply, however I CANNOT login !!

        That is the problem.

        Please try it yourself
        email = ....
        password = ...

        ---------------------------------------------

        I don't think I can make it any clearer but I'm preparing
        myself for a long round of email correspondence.

        Harvey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165534].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AlexanderSZ
          Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

          I phoned a UK number but got into the same loop in the menu
          options about returning to the first question.

          I've sent an email and now received a reply explaining how
          to login and change the currency default to which I replied.

          ---------------------------------------------
          Thanks for your reply, however I CANNOT login !!

          That is the problem.

          Please try it yourself
          email = ....
          password = ...

          ---------------------------------------------

          I don't think I can make it any clearer but I'm preparing
          myself for a long round of email correspondence.

          Harvey
          Please post if you find the solution so I can solve the problem as well. I will do that if I find a way to fix it too.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165601].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dixiebelle
            Harvey: Sorry you are having this problem. It seems that I read somewhere in the PP TOs that once you set up a currency, it will remain as such forever.

            I just tried the Paypal customer service number and it works just fine. You may try using the US country code with the number - like this.

            001-1-888-211-1161

            When you get through, say "AGENT" when you are asked the kind of help you need. This will get you to a real person. They can probably reset it for you. I'm not really sure how this works, because I have never had this problem.

            Hope this helps you.

            Dixie
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165639].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
              Originally Posted by Dixiebelle View Post

              It seems that I read somewhere in the PP TOs that once you set up a currency, it will remain as such forever.
              I don't actually want to change the currency, I was just experimenting
              to answer the question from an affiliate. My good Samaritan act
              rebounded on me



              Originally Posted by Dixiebelle View Post

              I just tried the Paypal customer service number and it works just fine. You may try using the US country code with the number - like this.

              001-1-888-211-1161

              When you get through, say "AGENT" when you are asked the kind of help you need.
              Yes - that was the advice given to me (about asking for an Agent)

              As you can see earlier in the thread I tried 01-888-221-1161
              but was not sure if that was the correct format.

              I've now tried 001-1-888-211-1161 but get "calls to this number are not being connected"

              Harvey
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165672].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
            Originally Posted by AlexanderSZ View Post

            Please post if you find the solution so I can solve the problem as well. I will do that if I find a way to fix it too.
            Yes I will certainly do that - though I expect it's something
            Paypal need to do at their end.

            Have you tried to contact them ?

            Harvey
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visit_faraz
    Oh, Boy!
    Thats a dangerous thing to happen to anyone.

    I hope you get it solved and still get your account back.

    bye,
    faraz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverdesign
    Hello Harvey,

    I have the same issue when I log into my paypal account but the error only occurs when I click on the "My Account" tab, everything else works fine so I guess it is just a temporary problem. See the attached screenshot of the error message I get.

    Thomas
    Signature

    Graphics Design, Development and Webmaster Services
    http://www.tbitdesign.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lloyd Buchinski
    It's probably not related, but just in case, I had a few days when it
    was nearly impossible to log on to my site, and a few when it was
    impossible. I was using vista with AVG anti virus, and when I uninstalled
    avg, the problem was solved. I replaced it with Avast. It was complete
    news to me when the host said they didn't have a problem logging in and
    that the problem might be my computer, but it turned out that's where
    it was.
    Signature

    Do something spectacular; be fulfilled. Then you can be your own hero. Prem Rawat

    The KimW WSO

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[165992].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by ecoverdesign View Post

      I have the same issue when I log into my paypal account but the error only occurs when I click on the "My Account" tab, everything else works fine so I guess it is just a temporary problem. See the attached screenshot of the error message I get.
      Thomas

      Yes that's the same error.

      Has it started recently ?

      Originally Posted by Lloyd Buchinski View Post

      It's probably not related, but just in case, I had a few days when it
      was nearly impossible to log on to my site, and a few when it was
      impossible. I was using vista with AVG anti virus, and when I uninstalled
      avg, the problem was solved.
      This is an ASTONISHING coincidence

      Just an hour ago I solved a problem I had with emails being
      duplicated by uninstalling AVG.

      So I thought when I retried the Paypal login it might work.
      But alas no.

      I've also tried on another computer so I am convinced it is
      a Paypal problem.

      But thanks for the suggestion Lloyd


      Harvey
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[166049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author e-mail2u
    Pay pal did a system upgrade/maintenance today. This could be your problem as they said the site would be down during.

    They did have a message informing every one in the account section. Just checked and it is gone so the all should be ok now.
    Signature
    Blackhat surveys | geoffreyfoggon | Free link shortening hide those affiliate links....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[166302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author artwebster
    This problem seems to be spreading.

    I had the same message when I tried to buy a product on line.

    When I log in to PayPal directly, I get the same message but if I go back to the previous page in my browser I am again invited to log in and it works the second time.

    I still can't buy the product and the vendor hasn't bothered to send me an invoice so this glitch has saved me some money.

    Vendors out there - take note. It might be costing you sales as well!
    Signature

    You might not like what I say - but I believe it.
    Build it, make money, then build some more
    Some old school smarts would help - and here's to Rob Toth for his help. Bloody good stuff, even the freebies!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[166607].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Here is the situation now

      1. As pointed out above the number 888-221-1161 is not
      available to the UK , that's why all my variations failed

      2. I've now got through to the UK number by giving details
      of my personal account (as the business one was ending up in
      an endless loop) and finally spoke to an agent.

      I offered to give her my password so she could try to login
      and see immediately that it's a genuine problem but they are
      not allowed to do this.

      Anyway the details have been forwarded to the technical
      department.

      Harvey
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[166903].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
        Finally Paypal have agreed that there is an error
        in their system and have provided a work around.

        Their response was

        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        ... we are currently updating our systems and, as a result, certain
        features have been affected. We're aware of this issue and we would like to
        assure you that our technicians are actively working to resolve it. I have
        passed on your information for inclusion in any upgrade. I regret any
        inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience and
        understanding. I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

        In this issue, we have a temporary work around. Please follow the steps
        that I have prepared for you.

        1. Log-in to your PayPal account
        2. You can see thee the error message 'an error has occurred after you have
        clicked the last link'.
        3. Click 'Help' at the upper right corner of the page near the log-out
        button.
        4. Click 'My account'.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------


        Harvey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[169984].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AlexanderSZ
          Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

          Finally Paypal have agreed that there is an error
          in their system and have provided a work around.

          Their response was

          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          ... we are currently updating our systems and, as a result, certain
          features have been affected. We're aware of this issue and we would like to
          assure you that our technicians are actively working to resolve it. I have
          passed on your information for inclusion in any upgrade. I regret any
          inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience and
          understanding. I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

          In this issue, we have a temporary work around. Please follow the steps
          that I have prepared for you.

          1. Log-in to your PayPal account
          2. You can see thee the error message 'an error has occurred after you have
          clicked the last link'.
          3. Click 'Help' at the upper right corner of the page near the log-out
          button.
          4. Click 'My account'.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------


          Harvey
          Thanks a bunch Harvey. Solved my problems as well.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[178805].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics