is Google homophobic?

22 replies
odd, whenever I type the word 'gay' into the google keyword tool,
it just tells me that it can't give me any results.

(any suggestions where I can find related keywords ... got some high converting CPA offers, so I need keywords...)

Cheers

Veit
#google #homophobic
  • Profile picture of the author JayYamada
    hahaha interesting, maybe they have a minimum amount of characters thing
    Signature
    WayOfSeduction.org - My First Niche Website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Gould
    Originally Posted by VeitSchenk View Post

    (any suggestions where I can find related keywords ... got some high converting CPA offers, so I need keywords...)
    I know I owe you an email reply regarding your video sales letter pdf, but I still haven't had a chance to properly look through it.

    To make up for it I've just emailed you the results for a keyword search for 'gay' ran through Keyword Elite 2. Hope it helps.
    Signature

    Andrew Gould

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author babywolf
    Maybe it's because google does not return searches related to the adult industry.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881778].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LynnM
      Click on "Filter my results" and then tick the box that says "Include adult content in my search results".



      Lynn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881806].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stevendbrady
        Originally Posted by JayYamada View Post

        hahaha interesting, maybe they have a minimum amount of characters thing
        I agreed, tested, and it's wrong. I tried searching for "dba" and got a lot of SQL related keywords.

        Originally Posted by LynnM View Post

        Click on "Filter my results" and then tick the box that says "Include adult content in my search results".
        Definitely worth a try. I'd give this a go before anything else.
        Signature
        Social Media Scheduling and Management Designed for YOU | Flamingify
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882408].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
          Search keywords related to gay in the images section and you'll notice a lot of the images that are returned in the results are anti-homo. So maybe they are.....
          Signature

          Owner bestfivereviewed.com

          Started this stuff 2009. Time is what will teach you the skills you need.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882475].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author R.Rapp
            I went to test this, and accidentally typed "hay" and got results...so it isn't a minimum character issue.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ASM Marketing
      Originally Posted by babywolf View Post

      Maybe it's because google does not return searches related to the adult industry.
      You're wrong. That's exactly the reason why you aren't getting any results.

      Hope this helps:



      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    Yeah, I seriously doubt that they are. It is an issue of minimum letters required. There are tons of other research tools out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas
    Originally Posted by VeitSchenk View Post

    odd, whenever I type the word 'gay' into the google keyword tool, it just tells me that it can't give me any results.
    I see just under 200,000,000 million results for the word "gay".

    Edit: Oops. Just realised you said the keyword tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author M.A.D
    It works for me.
    Maybe you should try adjusting your search filter preference.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1881821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Well, 3 character words ARE often ignored as "STOP words". BTW GAY meant happy or festive LONG before it meant homosexual. Gay | Define Gay at Dictionary.com

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zabrina
    Hmm... any keywords related to "homosexual" are adult content, but "heterosexual" aren't? Not sure I like the implications there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author linkbeasts
      Originally Posted by Zabrina View Post

      Hmm... any keywords related to "homosexual" are adult content, but "heterosexual" aren't? Not sure I like the implications there.
      Double standard ?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882798].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zabrina
        Originally Posted by linkbeasts View Post

        Double standard ?
        I was thinking more like "deep-rooted negative associations between one sexual orientation and adult topics, but not the other", but that works too. :p

        Oh, I just thought to search "bisexual". Adult too, apparently. Interesting.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1883119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
      No offense..but "too bad". The world is full of opinions so lets no be all politically correct...its Googles right to feel however they feel about gay content or people as long as they dont go harming gay people or people who search for gay content...then I dont see the problem..because like it or not...being gay is not "the right way" if you get my drift...Its not about being hompophobic...its about still having the right to voice an opinion or belief without being attacked....people dont like to rock the boat these days....


      Originally Posted by Zabrina View Post

      Hmm... any keywords related to "homosexual" are adult content, but "heterosexual" aren't? Not sure I like the implications there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1883216].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zabrina
        Originally Posted by Ernie Lonardo View Post

        No offense..but "too bad". The world is full of opinions so lets no be all politically correct...its Googles right to feel however they feel about gay content or people as long as they dont go harming gay people or people who search for gay content...then I dont see the problem..because like it or not...being gay is not "the right way" if you get my drift...Its not about being hompophobic...its about still having the right to voice an opinion or belief without being attacked....people dont like to rock the boat these days....
        I don't see how the implication of the antonyms "heterosexual" and "homosexual" being treated differently falls under the guise of being able to voice an opinion without "rocking the boat". Let's not get into a debate about the "correctness" of homosexuality, nor about the responsibilities of major corporations to encourage modern-day opinions and not those from the white, male, heterosexual scientists of the 19th century (look up Michael Focault's power-knowledge nexus if you're interested in the topic). Instead, I suggest that a major search engine choosing to label anything related to homosexuality as "adult" reflects an underlying stereotype that emphasizes the "sexuality" in "homosexuality" and does not do the same for the word "heterosexuality". I thought this might be changing by now, but I suppose change takes a few decades.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1883383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emersion
    I don't see why "gay" would be considered adult content. I'm pretty sure being gay doesn't imply anything inappropriate. Also, it can't be a minimum letter thing. If you search for "dog" which is also 3 letters, it returns results. Kind of seems to me like it's a little homophobic. Good call Veit. That's interesting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    It isn't necessarily a minimum thing, I never really said it was. Hay, dog, dba are also nouns, and gay is an adjective. Still, nope, google isn't going to exclude things having to do with that word.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1882791].message }}
  • did you try any phrases using the word gay?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1883190].message }}

Trending Topics