Internet Marketing Newbie: Please Help.

40 replies
I joined the Warrior Forum last year and I've been reading the posts. I know that there is a wealth of information in this forum and I'm hoping this could help me in my Internet marketing efforts but I honestly don't know where to start.

I have a day job. I work at home as a media transcriber. I transcribe news reports and television talk shows (Sorry, I am bound by my contract not to disclose anything). I work 6-8 hours a day and I earn $500-$700 a month, which is barely enough to pay our bills and to buy my mother's maintenance medicines (she suffers from diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease). I hope I could earn at least $2,000 a month from Internet marketing. I'm not aiming for millions, just a substantial income for me and my family. By the way, I'm 34, single and supporting my mother, brother and sister.

I have no credit card. I only have a PayPal account with a little more than $1 in it. I still have to open a bank account so I can withdraw funds from my PayPal account when I earn commissions from affiliate programs. I have nothing but $1 to start with.

I have read free e-books on affiliate marketing and I have signed up for accounts with Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon Associates. I have made some attempts at Internet Marketing using Squidoo and Blogger blogs, but I've failed miserably. I want to try again, but I don't know how to start and I don't know what to do.

I would really appreciate any help and I will document my Internet marketing efforts in a blog. If I succeed, I will give credit to the one who can help me. I am willing and able to work for up to 6 hours a day on Internet marketing.

Thank you very much.
#internet #marketing #newbie
  • Profile picture of the author JRCarson
    I would suggest trying to laser focus on one thing...
    Maybe you could join Ezine Articles and write some articles that point to an affiliate product. You can't put affiliate links in the articles, but you can top-level redirect domains to your affiliate link if you have a hosting account.

    If you don't have a hosting account, then set up a squidoo lens or blogger blog with your affiliate links on it (and good content), and then just write a bunch of Ezine articles that point to it.

    It really works, in my experience. It just depends on what the product is, how good it sells (and how good your content sells), and how good you can make your articles/article titles/article resource boxes to get views. If you get ONE article that hits it big, that could make you a good amount per month.

    It's a game of numbers, and NOT giving up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1894754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by JRCarson View Post

      I would suggest trying to laser focus on one thing...
      Maybe you could join Ezine Articles and write some articles that point to an affiliate product. You can't put affiliate links in the articles, but you can top-level redirect domains to your affiliate link if you have a hosting account.

      If you don't have a hosting account, then set up a squidoo lens or blogger blog with your affiliate links on it (and good content), and then just write a bunch of Ezine articles that point to it.

      It really works, in my experience. It just depends on what the product is, how good it sells (and how good your content sells), and how good you can make your articles/article titles/article resource boxes to get views. If you get ONE article that hits it big, that could make you a good amount per month.

      It's a game of numbers, and NOT giving up!
      Yes, I think I do need to focus on something and I think that's my problem. Maybe I need to set up more than one Squidoo lens per niche. Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pragun
      Originally Posted by JRCarson View Post

      I would suggest trying to laser focus on one thing...
      BINGO !

      Since you're starting out mate, there's something you should know. No matter what path you take, it's always handy to have a few bucks to invest in it.
      I'm not saying that you need that money, but yeah, if you invest, you'll be able to see results faster.

      Start with freelancing, and save up about $ 200, which really shouldn't take longer than 5-6 days at most.

      You can then move on to flipping start up blogs. I started my career with startup blogs, and you can easily make anything between $ 200 - 400 with each startup blog that you make.

      With a little bit of tweaking, and the right sort of outsourcing, you can easily scale that up to a 3-4 K a month business.

      Don't hesitate to PM me if you need help

      Cheers !
      Signature

      Web development problem? No problem! Contact me and let's make it happen!
      Color Coding the world, one pixel at a time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frankstar
    A good way of starting out is as an Amazon Associate. I know you have already done this, so you may have to invest a little in your education. Here is an excellent, inexpensive first course:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...very-time.html


    Once you get going on the above you will find you can start extending it and adding new methods to it (for example - start making link wheels - see Daniel Brooks courses, they are also good). You could also apply the model to clickbank products. It's a simple but effective blueprint to follow.

    Here's a challenge - pick 1 amazon or clickbank product a week and use the above course to get traffic to your affiliate links. Do this for a year and you should have built up a pretty good business!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1894763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by frankstar View Post

      A good way of starting out is as an Amazon Associate. I know you have already done this, so you may have to invest a little in your education. Here is an excellent, inexpensive first course:

      (link)

      Once you get going on the above you will find you can start extending it and adding new methods to it (for example - start making link wheels - see Daniel Brooks courses, they are also good). You could also apply the model to clickbank products. It's a simple but effective blueprint to follow.

      Here's a challenge - pick 1 amazon or clickbank product a week and use the above course to get traffic to your affiliate links. Do this for a year and you should have built up a pretty good business!

      I don't have the money yet for the blueprint but I downloaded your sizzling and fast niches. I'll be looking into it. I think finding the right niche and focusing on it is what I really need to do. Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkAnderson
    Dear buddy!

    I hope instant success for you because I feel that you need quick money.

    But,

    You're a newbie

    And,

    The truth is, The internet marketers who earns around $2,000 per month didn't reach to that level over night. Their success has embleded with lots of courages, dedications, sacrifications and perhaps tears also.

    So, what're the solutions you've?

    1. Do it your self. But, it would have been little considersble time (depends on you) to achieve your target.

    2. Meet a trusted (very important) consulter and tell him everything. He'll help you (You've to pay him)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1894823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author willard
      Ebay Partners Pays More Consistently than amazon. Sorry the amazon cookie is to short lived. You need to get some AdSense adds on your blog, along with eBay links and banners. Both pay you per click, but both are incromental so be patient right articles and push traffic to your blog. As your income increases get a website and an e-mail campaign going. But, above all do this in a market that you know something about. Then you will have quality content and that is the biggest trick to being successful in Internet Marketing.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1894875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    Find a hungry market and learn all about what their problem is. Find out what people want and give it to them. Learn to create your own products ie. ebook, video, audio etc. There is plenty of free information on how to do this. Now this does take a lot of work if you do it yourself, or you can outsource it.

    The first thing you want to do though is look for a starving, hungry market. Not for a product to sell. If you look for a product first, you are making a big mistake.

    After you find the market you want to solve a problem in, and create a product for it, then learn how to market that product to the hungry starving crowd that needs the solution you have to their problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1894854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ashsmh
    The best and free method to start out is to create a blog on www.blogger.com or WordPress.com — Get a Free Blog Here. Select a product from clickbank,amazon or cj and write a review on your blog. Write articles about the selected product. It must be a cake walk for you since you are a transcriber. Submit your articles to ezinearticles.com, articlepool.com, amazines.com, articlebase.com. The signature in your article should be pointing to your blog with the review.

    Selecting the keyword is the key here. You can use the Google Keyword Tool to research the keywords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shousley
    You should also try to use www(dot)squidoo(dot)com and www(dot)hubpages(dot)com. It will help a lot on your marketing.

    Sorry I can't post links yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author entrepreneurjay
    I agree try Hubpages especially if your new I have made some decent money through my affiliate links on Hubpages. You can take it 1 step at a time just be persistent. You can also add Amazon links, and Google adsense to your hubs for 3 potential revenue sources

    good luck!
    Signature

    Free Internet Marketing Learning @ Resource Center P.D.F. Ebook Download Center http://jaysonlinereviews.com/free-in...ook-downloads/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author master78
      there is a great post i am new to internet marketing i do love the articles post by members. thanks very much.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPPPaul
    Cyberdenizen, you've gotten some good advice already. I would underscore process: specifically, give something 3 months for you to feel you're getting "the hang of it".

    Otherwise, you'll end up wasting far more energy jumping from one thing to another.

    Good luck
    Signature

    Do you tend to be shy or introverted speaking in group situations or when talking about your business 1:1? This is quite common, because nobody ever mentored you in this area. The Business Friendship course was designed to do just that, so you have more fun and financial fulfillment in meeting people -- try it today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kella Bella
    I can't really tell if you wanted to work for yourself or someone else. I came across a web page about companies that hire freelance writers with a list of 50 companies. Here is the link if it will help you make some cash until you can strike out in another direction if that is your wish and hope this helps :-)

    50 Places that Hire Freelance Writers : Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by Kella Bella View Post

      I can't really tell if you wanted to work for yourself or someone else. I came across a web page about companies that hire freelance writers with a list of 50 companies. Here is the link if it will help you make some cash until you can strike out in another direction if that is your wish and hope this helps :-)

      50 Places that Hire Freelance Writers : Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource

      Thank you for the link. I have bookmarked the site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TJCarter
    Watch ya there.

    It's no good just reading about information on Internet Marketing, you must take action. My advice to you is to take one step at a time. (Build a website/blog became an expert at this then move onto the next stage) There is no magic button that you press which is going to generate you a massive income, it's going to be hard work but it can be done.
    If you are looking to make a quick dollar than l suggest you take the affiliate route but if you are looking for a steady income create an evergreen product.

    If you do thing's the right way then you should soon have more than $1 in your PayPal account.

    Good luck to ya
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Uturn
    I'm new to Internet marketer also. I'm learning so much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author francoza
      Hello,
      Don't stress to much. Just focus on your work and leave everything behind. Read as much as you can . Take action. this formula works every time you apply it.

      There are so many failures in industries making money today, because a high percentage of newcomers who have no experience in Internet marketing is necessary to become successful online. Lack of training and marketing support on the Internet is largely responsible for declining beginners.

      "There are many people today Looking For The Best Way To Get Rich On The Internet"

      Many of these people novices (or) lack of basic principles of what it takes to become rich in an internet business. They can not be blamed in large part because it is not their fault and they never learned the proper way to succeed from the start.

      Instead of mastering the basics of marketing offline, many rush to the right in the field of Internet marketing because they think he can become a millionaire by making more sales without having to talk to anyone who.

      Stay focus and motivated!
      Signature
      10,000+ Quality PLR articles
      pm me

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kim Standerline
    If you're pretty good at writing why don't you hire yourself out to write articles etc. Get yourself some money under your belt doing this, then branch out into IM.

    Kim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by Kim Standerline View Post

      If you're pretty good at writing why don't you hire yourself out to write articles etc. Get yourself some money under your belt doing this, then branch out into IM.

      Kim
      Great idea, Kim. I hope I'm good enough. I have signed up at oDesk and other sites. Tiffany Dow (she's a Warrior, too) started out as a ghostwriter. Perhaps, I will not only have a nice steady income source as a writer, but I will also have the opportunity to learn from my future clients who may be Internet marketers, too. Thanks a lot for the advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by Kim Standerline View Post

      If you're pretty good at writing why don't you hire yourself out to write articles etc. Get yourself some money under your belt doing this, then branch out into IM.

      Kim
      Hello everyone!

      Just an update: I followed Kim Standerline's advice and hired myself out. I earned some money and used it to buy Tiffany Dow and Craig Desorcy's Ghostwriting Cash (great course) and a domain. I also paid for hosting. I now have my ghostwriting website up. For now, I will focus on ghostwriting and I will later go back to Internet marketing.

      For all those who gave me golden pieces of advice and encouraged me to keep on, a big, big thanks and my best wishes.

      For those who need ghostwriting services, you can visit my website by clicking my signature. I am going to write one article for free for the first five Warriors to contact me through my website contact form. Hurry before others beat you to it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3148461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheGraduate
    Originally Posted by cyberdenizen View Post

    I joined the Warrior Forum last year and I've been reading the posts. I know that there is a wealth of information in this forum and I'm hoping this could help me in my Internet marketing efforts but I honestly don't know where to start.

    I have a day job. I work at home as a media transcriber. I transcribe news reports and television talk shows (Sorry, I am bound by my contract not to disclose anything). I work 6-8 hours a day and I earn $500-$700 a month, which is barely enough to pay our bills and to buy my mother's maintenance medicines (she suffers from diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease). I hope I could earn at least $2,000 a month from Internet marketing. I'm not aiming for millions, just a substantial income for me and my family. By the way, I'm 34, single and supporting my mother, brother and sister.

    I have no credit card. I only have a PayPal account with a little more than $1 in it. I still have to open a bank account so I can withdraw funds from my PayPal account when I earn commissions from affiliate programs. I have nothing but $1 to start with.

    I have read free e-books on affiliate marketing and I have signed up for accounts with Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon Associates. I have made some attempts at Internet Marketing using Squidoo and Blogger blogs, but I've failed miserably. I want to try again, but I don't know how to start and I don't know what to do.

    I would really appreciate any help and I will document my Internet marketing efforts in a blog. If I succeed, I will give credit to the one who can help me. I am willing and able to work for up to 6 hours a day on Internet marketing.

    Thank you very much.
    I am going to be honest with you, this is NOT the right time for you to start on internet marketing. You need at least to be able to pay for domain name, hosting, and an autoresponder to get started the right way, attracting free traffic? Do not believe a word about it, there are thousands if not millions of people trying to attract free traffic to their blogs and websites, 99.9% of them fail.

    note: I could tell you right now about a program which offers free squeeze page, free video squeeze page, and a hosted salespage, but what good would that be for you? you still need to be able to pay for a domain and hosting for your squeeze pages, then you need to be able to drive traffic to the pages.

    if you still want to know about it send me a PM, I will send you the URL.
    Signature
    amazing product coming soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gtal
    There are so many different ways you can do Internet Marketing, but you should only try one at a time. Focus on one technique until you have it running well and then pick another and focus on that. If you try to learn and build too many things at once, you may find you succeed at none of them. The more time you focus on a technique, the faster you will be able to start making money. So..
    The two most important things you can do are:
    1. Find a good step by step course that can help you with the WHAT to do and the HOW to do it. (See my link below)
    2. Stay focused on that until you have momentum before you branch to something else.
    All the best to you fellow marketer.
    Gale
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    You'll probably get the quickest results by offering a service. What skills do you have? Writer, set up blogs, build blogs or sites .... If you can do stuff that people need to have done and are willing to pay for it, you've got an income.

    From there, you can also build products to sell yourself, if you have the skills to do it. Like site flipping, write an ebook, write PLR articles and ebooks to sell, etc.

    You can also go the affiliate marketing route, but I see so many flounder for so long, it might not be the quickest method for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PCRoger
    I'll give you one of the best ideas out of one of my bonus reports if you PM me.

    Regards,

    PCRoger.
    Signature
    Track your affiliate sales back to the ARTICLE or WEBSITE that generated the sale. CBSaleTracker

    I was making money in days with the 4 Day Money Making Blueprint

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    With just 4 posts... the OP is very unlikely to PM any of you guys that offered help IF he sends a PM...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jennypitts
    Internet Marketing is not an easy job. Especially if you do not even know where to begin. I suggest before you even start you sit down and analyze everything. You need to begin by establishing what you have experience in, what skills you possess and where you have deficiencies. Doing this will help you avoid major frustrations. You will need to invest a little bit once you are ready to launch this is why you need to have a plan, so you can avoid overspending. If you want to start earning fast money to can join some freelancing sites like scriptlance and getafreelancer. There you can set up a profile with your education, skills and experience.

    You can listen to a lot of Warriors who have been around for a while, yet you will not get very far until you have a clear mind and plan as to what you want to do and where you want to go.
    Signature
    Traffic Exchange - Solo Ads - Contact Solo Ads
    Social Networking For Internet Marketers to Increase Traffic to Referral Program or Site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dberen
    While Hubpages, Squidoo, Wordpress and Blogger are all good options, everyone agrees that nothing beats building your own site using your own domain. Set-up a free web hosting account and install wordpress on it. Then you can use the web 2.0 sites mentioned above to build links and drive traffic to your site.

    Work on your new online business a few hours a day, as often as possible, and with time you will achieve your goal.

    Good luck!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Johnson
    I agree with Kim... what you need to be doing to start out is providing a service to other internet marketers such as article writing. It doesn't make you a ton of money but it's a start and the money is much more "guaranteed" than other internet marketing ideas.

    Also check out the website Elance as well. Think the url is Elance | Outsource to freelancers, professionals, experts, and consultants - Get work done on Elance.

    You can get jobs on there that will give you some seed money and it's free to get started.

    Good luck and I really hope that things work out for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author workson
    Whatever you do don't hop around from one system to another, find that one system you're comfortable with and stick to it like glue. Get a notebook and keep a journal of all your daily activities in your chosen niche (system) so you can have continuity. Stay laser-focused, DON'T SWAY. The only way to stay encouraged is to find that one system to make you your first dollar online and you're on your way by scaling up.
    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author armadin
      You may want to also give the http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com a try, all internet marketers that have been in IM for a little while know it is one of the best or if not the best free resource to start with. No cost absolutely besides paying for your own domain and hosting.

      Cheers mate and good luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GaryJBloomer
    Dear cyberdenizen,

    Keep walking. Don't quit. Keep climbing. I started out with direct affiliate linking in mid 2008. I spent several hundred dollars on Adwords and made ZERO sales.

    Not good. This pissed me off no end. But I did not quit. I was tempted to pack in, but instead, I got angry and I directed that anger at educating myself.

    So I spent the remainder of 2008 (and all of 2009, and now, into 2010) learning about direct response marketing. In early May of last year I started a modest blog (see the link below--it's nothing fancy), and I also started answering questions on the Know-How Exchange over at MarketingProfs: Marketing Resources for Marketing Professionals. This site is mostly free. You can pay an annual fee to get the premium content, but I'm a free member.

    So, when I first began answering questions the big names on the site's "Top 100 Experts" list scared the crap out of me. I thought "Bloomer, you haven't got a prayer". But I stuck at it. I answered questions and told people what I thought.

    Also in May of last year I started a Twitter account. I now have 1,850 followers. Not
    a huge number, but still, good exposure. One of the people that follows me is Tony Robbins. Know why? Because I had the balls to ask for his follow AND because I gave value.

    Last October I became the MarketingProfs top forum contributor on social media. I sent out some thank you's to people that had helped me do this and I sent those notes via Twitter. One of those people was Tony Robbins. He then invited me to send HIM links.
    And I was like: WTF? is this cool or what?

    So, then I made it into the top 100 listing on marketingprofs. Then into the top 75. Then the top 50. And so on. And now, less than a year later, I'm in 6th place. Several people on the same site have been contributing FOR YEARS.

    My point here is not, "Hey, look how cool I am!" it's this: give great value OVER TIME and the results will come. So far I've made a little bit of money. I'm building a modest list. I send out a weekly newsletter (this week's is a day overdue--whoops! better fix that TONIGHT), and I'm beginning to build a following.

    If you need PLR or MMR e-books to sell or to rebrand, let me know and I'll give it to you freely. No strings. No opt ins. No continuity. No catch. No BS. You need to find a niche and become the "go to" person for that area. For me, I'm working on direct response. I have NOT mastered it, but I've made some good progress. And finally, for a dollar, you can get a month's trial to aweber.

    All you need is one offer in one niche that's significant enough to get people to sign up and listen to you. Then give them value over time. The money is NOT in the list. The money is in the RELATIONSHIPS you build with the people on that list.

    I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Kind regards, --Gary B.
    Signature

    Top 10 contributor to the Know-How Exchange of MarketingProfs.com (a site with 360,000 registered users), and an award-winning graphic designer and copywriter. Read my modest blog and you'll find I'm a direct response marketing advocate, and all round nice guy. Got a question about marketing or graphic design? Ask and I'll do as much as I can to help you. Follow me on Twitter. Or connect with me on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1897859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
      Originally Posted by GaryJBloomer View Post

      Dear cyberdenizen,

      Keep walking. Don't quit. Keep climbing. I started out with direct affiliate linking in mid 2008. I spent several hundred dollars on Adwords and made ZERO sales.

      Not good. This pissed me off no end. But I did not quit. I was tempted to pack in, but instead, I got angry and I directed that anger at educating myself.

      So I spent the remainder of 2008 (and all of 2009, and now, into 2010) learning about direct response marketing. In early May of last year I started a modest blog (see the link below--it's nothing fancy), and I also started answering questions on the Know-How Exchange over at MarketingProfs: Marketing Resources for Marketing Professionals. This site is mostly free. You can pay an annual fee to get the premium content, but I'm a free member.

      So, when I first began answering questions the big names on the site's "Top 100 Experts" list scared the crap out of me. I thought "Bloomer, you haven't got a prayer". But I stuck at it. I answered questions and told people what I thought.

      Also in May of last year I started a Twitter account. I now have 1,850 followers. Not
      a huge number, but still, good exposure. One of the people that follows me is Tony Robbins. Know why? Because I had the balls to ask for his follow AND because I gave value.

      Last October I became the MarketingProfs top forum contributor on social media. I sent out some thank you's to people that had helped me do this and I sent those notes via Twitter. One of those people was Tony Robbins. He then invited me to send HIM links.
      And I was like: WTF? is this cool or what?

      So, then I made it into the top 100 listing on marketingprofs. Then into the top 75. Then the top 50. And so on. And now, less than a year later, I'm in 6th place. Several people on the same site have been contributing FOR YEARS.

      My point here is not, "Hey, look how cool I am!" it's this: give great value OVER TIME and the results will come. So far I've made a little bit of money. I'm building a modest list. I send out a weekly newsletter (this week's is a day overdue--whoops! better fix that TONIGHT), and I'm beginning to build a following.

      If you need PLR or MMR e-books to sell or to rebrand, let me know and I'll give it to you freely. No strings. No opt ins. No continuity. No catch. No BS. You need to find a niche and become the "go to" person for that area. For me, I'm working on direct response. I have NOT mastered it, but I've made some good progress. And finally, for a dollar, you can get a month's trial to aweber.

      All you need is one offer in one niche that's significant enough to get people to sign up and listen to you. Then give them value over time. The money is NOT in the list. The money is in the RELATIONSHIPS you build with the people on that list.

      I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Kind regards, --Gary B.
      Thanks for sharing your experiences and for the pieces of advice. This is what I will always remember: "The money is in the RELATIONSHIPS you build with the people on that list." I'll check out Marketing Profs soon.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oiris
    cyberdenizen

    I am a newbie and also in limited resources. As such, from beginning, my effort is to not to get lost in IM information overload. It is just huge!!

    Sorting good information from much less important information is taking my time right now, but it is worth it. I need to know what I am getting into before hand.

    I purchased one WSO about an Amazon affiliate system produced by one of the members here, and it clarified a lot about the Amazon affiliate system for me. Without knowing the basics in the affiliate system, I could be lost by now. :rolleyes:

    Being in a budge is hard, but I would suggest buying some trustworthy affiliate program and learn the basics if you are interesting to become an affiliate. Some investment is necessary to avoid critical mistakes. I think eliminating possible mistake beforehand is very important.

    Good luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1906752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doolder
    The most important thing you need to keep in mind if you want to avoid losing your time is focus on 1 idea and keep working on it until you get some results. Choose something that you know work for other people and make it work for you. Might sound simple but that's what most newbies fail to understand. There are SO many ideas & strategies & training courses all over the place that newbies tend to jump from one to another without really taking the time to go to the bottom of things. Success comes from doing 1 thing right, not plenty of things wrong...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberdenizen
    To everyone who replied to my initial post, thank you very much. As I said, I will blog about my Internet marketing efforts in a blog. Here's the link: 2000-a-month(dot)blogspot(dot)com .

    I will write about this thread soon.

    More power to all!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jolette
      Again, as a noob myself this thread presented me with LOTS of valuable information. Joining this forum may have been by far the best decision I made yet. Thank you to all of the contributors who allow me the privlege of learning the knowledge required in to be successful with IM.

      How many other noobs are out there? What are some opinions on the 30 Day Challenge? Has anyone found success with this program? I am currently started in it, but LOTS of information to retain and implement, although with my due dilligence and persistance I am confident success will follow.
      Signature

      "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921563].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Soapyshoe
        Originally Posted by Jolette View Post

        How many other noobs are out there? What are some opinions on the 30 Day Challenge? Has anyone found success with this program? I am currently started in it, but LOTS of information to retain and implement, although with my due dilligence and persistance I am confident success will follow.
        It's free. What do you have to lose?
        Signature
        http://thewordpressdepot.com/ - Turn Your Dream Of Starting An Online Business Into A Reality
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Soapyshoe
    Originally Posted by cyberdenizen View Post

    I have read free e-books on affiliate marketing and I have signed up for accounts with Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon Associates. I have made some attempts at Internet Marketing using Squidoo and Blogger blogs, but I've failed miserably. I want to try again, but I don't know how to start and I don't know what to do.

    I would really appreciate any help and I will document my Internet marketing efforts in a blog. If I succeed, I will give credit to the one who can help me. I am willing and able to work for up to 6 hours a day on Internet marketing.
    Stop trying to make money.

    Start trying to create something somebody else actually wants.
    Signature
    http://thewordpressdepot.com/ - Turn Your Dream Of Starting An Online Business Into A Reality
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mlord10
    It sounds like you are in a position where you need to make some immediate income. I feel your pain, and in all honesty affiliate marketing may not be the best way for you to start.

    What skills do you have that other marketers would find valuable? It sounds like you may be able to write some good articles, so I would try to write articles for people. This way you can get guaranteed income delivered right to your paypal account.

    Once you have a few freelance clients, then you can get out into the affiliate marketing world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1921782].message }}

Trending Topics