Tell A Friend Scripts - Got Any Results?

24 replies
There are many "Tell A Friend" type scripts out there and some claim to be able to bring in 300% more visitors because of their "special sauce".

What are your thoughts on these scripts for list building? What percentage lift in traffic should a person really expect on a consistent basis? Do they work at all?

I'm interested in opinions but I'm hoping to hear from someone who has implemented one of these scripts for a long enough period of time to talk about their results.

Thanks
#friend #results #scripts
  • Profile picture of the author tribros
    Most emails sent from the server ends up in spam/junk folder so it's not worth it.
    Signature
    >> ** Discover 1,000's of Unique and Quality PLR Articles, PLR Ebooks, Softwares, Audios, Videos and other Private Label Rights products... Choose from 1,000's of Topics and Categories... Get Instant Access!! Make a Quick PLR Search...** <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2054474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hardy Chou
      No, this is not true. Only if your server is from bad neighborhood, then your emails will end up in junk folders.

      Originally Posted by tribros View Post

      Most emails sent from the server ends up in spam/junk folder so it's not worth it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4560013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aira Bongco
    It can work if you will offer something to your subscribers if they referred enough people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2054542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaiganeshv
    You should make it more interactive. Big buttons and and bars dont attract AFAIK.
    It should be gelled with contents and when they read it to end, they should feel like sending to their friends. Viral content and proper placements definitely work here.

    Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2054720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sainteve21
    The script I use actually issues the referrer a trackable link for them to send to their referrals & therefore the receiver is receiving email from someone they know, if the person being referred then also signs up then the original sender is credited with the referral which counts towards their credits for reward

    Steve
    Signature
    MOBILE MARKETING TOOLS SquiddleBooks.com

    PREMIUM DOMAIN NAME FOR SALE Outsource Samurai .COM
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2054728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author louisgeorges
      Originally Posted by sainteve21 View Post

      The script I use actually issues the referrer a trackable link for them to send to their referrals & therefore the receiver is receiving email from someone they know, if the person being referred then also signs up then the original sender is credited with the referral which counts towards their credits for reward

      Steve
      Hey Steve, which script is this, that's what I'm looking for!

      This is a thread I started, looking for a script like this: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-spamming.html

      Let me know, thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4539155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author timpears
      Originally Posted by sainteve21 View Post

      The script I use actually issues the referrer a trackable link for them to send to their referrals & therefore the receiver is receiving email from someone they know, if the person being referred then also signs up then the original sender is credited with the referral which counts towards their credits for reward

      Steve
      Steve,

      Care to share the name of that script, or a URL? That one sounds interesting.
      Signature

      Tim Pears

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4559304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tarekelnemrawy
    I perfer to use "Add this" bookmarking
    if you are going to use send to friend, give them some incentives
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2055062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magix
    You could try socialtwist. They have a free version to try. It's the best in my opinion.
    (Disclosure: We are authorized resellers for this product).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2055359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Macksheppard
    Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate your input.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2058412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Michie
    Sure they work, but I wouldn't just reply on them to work forever... every little bit counts right?

    A recent promo I just did got me over 2,000 new subscribers from a TAF script, so they definitely work some.
    Signature
    Instantly Increase Your Commissions By 33% Right Now:
    http://Click.org/wso
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2058722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RGallowitz
    There are several tell a friend scripts. Just google them.
    From my own experience they work very well if you are offering the right content.

    If you are giving a way a script or software in exchange for contact details...you will see rapid list growth.
    Signature
    Make INSANE money by promoting PHYSICAL affiliate products.
    The one and only "GALLO Affiliate System" -
    >> Click Here! <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2058766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    I tried the method, but I don't think it really works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4539187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Hessler
    I have 'super tell a friend' which didn't do anything unfortunately. But then again after doing a test on my own account it showed up in my junk folder...
    Also I may not have configured it properly although it was installed by the company who sold it.
    James
    Signature

    The BEST web TV show on the Internet
    www.magicnewstelevision.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4539228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkJones
    I use a tell a friend script on one of my health sites and it have generated me about 15% more subscribers

    It's not so much about the subscribers, the script has also helped me get 100+ tweets about my site and over 700 facebook likes so for me the tell a friend is more about the social profile that it helps me build...

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4556503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coby
    Here is my version of a TAF - Free Money Making Products To Explode Your Internet Marketing Career

    It does not send emails - it simply tracks the IP address and assigns the visitors a unique link that tracks the unique visitors they send...

    So - how do I get opt-ins? I have direct downloads that require an opt-in to activate

    I just started doing this like 2 weeks ago and last check I had sent 90 visitors but the site had received over 300 - so they definitely work and I'm getting opt-ins and sales as well...

    Cheers,
    Coby
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4557235].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author louisgeorges
      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

      Here is my version of a TAF - Free Money Making Products To Explode Your Internet Marketing Career

      It does not send emails - it simply tracks the IP address and assigns the visitors a unique link that tracks the unique visitors they send...

      So - how do I get opt-ins? I have direct downloads that require an opt-in to activate

      I just started doing this like 2 weeks ago and last check I had sent 90 visitors but the site had received over 300 - so they definitely work and I'm getting opt-ins and sales as well...

      Cheers,
      Coby
      How did you get that script? I followed the link and could not buy it. Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4558233].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Coby
        Originally Posted by louisgeorges View Post

        How did you get that script? I followed the link and could not buy it. Thanks
        Do a search on Google for "the Viral Script by Scott Murdaugh" and you can download it free :-) or worse case scenario just PM me and I'll help you find a copy.

        But to answer your question - I got it as part of a WSO case study by Travis Petelle called "Referral Frenzy"

        Cheers,
        Coby
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4558957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattVit
    Personally, I rarely 'tell a friend' about something unless it's the funniest thing I've seen all week, or the most interesting thing I've read in months.
    For me, it takes a lot to share it, but I definitely know of people that share just about everything they come across.

    I've always considered these ineffective. If it's an email-based tell-a-friend, that is more difficult - we're moving into an era of technology where we remember WHERE to find information, rather than WHAT the information is. ie, Look at mobile/cellphone numbers - we don't remember all our friends' numbers (maybe you do?) but we remember how to get it (from the phone! from email contact information!).
    Same applies with Google and websites. Often we forget the domain name of a website and we just type in relevant keywords to refind it.

    Basically what I'm saying is, email-based tell-a-friend scripts can be rather useless as the person won't share it with many others (maybe one or two if they a) can be bothered and b) can remember the friends' email) - if they even want to share it at all.

    Having said that, Twitter and Facebook shares can be effective if people are using it.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4558998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author retirewithsandie
      Originally Posted by MattVit View Post

      Basically what I'm saying is, email-based tell-a-friend scripts can be rather useless as the person won't share it with many others (maybe one or two if they a) can be bothered and b) can remember the friends' email) - if they even want to share it at all.
      I have a bunch of email addresses (throwaway meaning they were set up for a purpose at one time but I wouldn't care if it was spammed because they're not my main accounts. For example I have several yahoo emails so I can run multiple fantasy leagues since they limit you per email). I haven't seen the incentive ones but ones that to get information X tell 5 friends so add a random name & those emails to get whatever it is if I'm still interested enough.

      I really don't talk to folks via email much anymore it's usually Facebook or Twitter. I'm still in some Yahoo groups but I really don't do much in those anymore.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4559397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Murdaugh
    One of my informants just stopped by in a helicopter to tell me someone mentioned my name and website in this thread :p

    Just wanted to mention that The Viral Script is no longer available for free (from me anyway) BUT what I've turned it into is a completely different animal, and with any luck it'll be live (and not free, but cheap) on Monday.

    Comparing what I have now to The Viral Script is like comparing a space shuttle to a paper airplane, no joke.

    I'll keep the self-promo subtle, but the people on the list at The Viral Script site (yeah, the one that promises a new release last month, there's been some delays but it's ready for prime time now) will get first dibs and a dirt cheap price.

    I've taken it light years beyond the old freebie version, and it's soft-launching Monday (at like, dirt cheap, WSO pricing).

    So if any of you guys are really interested in the viral promo stuff, at the least it'll be something you want to have a look at.

    We're talking social media integration, easy WP templates, infinitely more customization available (like putting your "traffic bribe" on a "thank you page" vs. your main index...

    Training, case studies...

    Okay, just wanted to mention it since I saw the conversation going on.

    Back to my party.

    Peace!

    -Scott
    Signature

    Over $30 Million In Marketing Data And A Decade Of Consistently Generating Breakthrough Results - Ask How My Unique Approach To Copy Typically Outsells Traditional Ads By Up To 29x Or More...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4559366].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Coby
      Originally Posted by Scott Murdaugh View Post

      Just wanted to mention that The Viral Script is no longer available for free (from me anyway) BUT what I've turned it into is a completely different animal, and with any luck it'll be live (and not free, but cheap) on Monday.
      Thanks Scott!

      That's Awesome! Can't wait till Monday :p

      Thanks for stopping by - if not for the occasional email I'd think you disappeared or something :p

      Cheers,
      Coby
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4560642].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author louisgeorges
      Originally Posted by Scott Murdaugh View Post

      One of my informants just stopped by in a helicopter to tell me someone mentioned my name and website in this thread :p

      Just wanted to mention that The Viral Script is no longer available for free (from me anyway) BUT what I've turned it into is a completely different animal, and with any luck it'll be live (and not free, but cheap) on Monday.

      Comparing what I have now to The Viral Script is like comparing a space shuttle to a paper airplane, no joke.

      I'll keep the self-promo subtle, but the people on the list at The Viral Script site (yeah, the one that promises a new release last month, there's been some delays but it's ready for prime time now) will get first dibs and a dirt cheap price.

      I've taken it light years beyond the old freebie version, and it's soft-launching Monday (at like, dirt cheap, WSO pricing).

      So if any of you guys are really interested in the viral promo stuff, at the least it'll be something you want to have a look at.

      We're talking social media integration, easy WP templates, infinitely more customization available (like putting your "traffic bribe" on a "thank you page" vs. your main index...

      Training, case studies...

      Okay, just wanted to mention it since I saw the conversation going on.

      Back to my party.

      Peace!

      -Scott
      As long as it offers that "affiliate reward points to get cool stuff on my site with the track-able link" feature, I'm buying it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4561373].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rapidgrowth
        Scott sent you message via skype thank you Adrian
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5523615].message }}

Trending Topics