BEGINNERS--START BUILDING A LIST--A simple and effective autoresponder strategy.

18 replies
Many of us have found that creating enough quality content to keep your email subscribers satisfied and willing to buy is difficult.

Here's a pretty simple strategy to build a responsive email list easy.

More or less if you're just starting out with list building or autoresponders, this will help you.

Find free PLR articles with giveaway rights related to your niche...LOOK FOR QUALITY PLR's. They may be more time consuming to find, but it's worth it.

If you can, find free PLR articles that are USEFUL that you can give away. If you need to, just touch them up a bit or rewrite them.

Create an autoresponder email for each one of these FREE plr's.

Set up your autoresponder to send out one of these emails per week.

Occasionally after you've built a relationship and provided some quality...promote something and make some quick sales here and there.

This should keep your autoresponder busy and ready to go with content. **Don't use crappy PLR's to get going as you will ruin your relationship with the list.

DON'T rely on these PLRs per say, it is simply a starting point to get your list rolling.

If you're ready to put great effort forth and have the time, I recommend you create your own PLR articles and send them to your list.

Put this into action. Offer your first free plr article to visitors, or ask them to subscribe to a "newsletter", whatever you need to do and get them on your list! And keep them fed and happy with your weekly PLR's...With your list rolling, you can begin promoting to the list whenever.
#autoresponder #beginnersstart #building #effective #lista #simple #strategy
  • Profile picture of the author satrap
    Thanks friend, I think that is a great idea specially for those who are just starting their list building and dont have anything to offer to their would be subscribers. The idea of setting PLRs to be send out weekly is a great way to get the ball rolling.
    Signature
    60 Awesome Ways to Make Money Without a Job
    .................................
    Check out my blog Survey Satrap featuring honest reviews of paid survey sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2070565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emily Meeks
    This also makes for a super-easy membership site. Don and Jeremy on the WF here have a CPA Article Daily for just $17 a month...
    Signature

    In all that you do, know your True INTENT...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2070742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    Originally Posted by friend View Post

    Many of us have found that creating enough quality content to keep your email subscribers satisfied and willing to buy is difficult.

    Not to me it isn't. Only in hindsight is it difficult. It's simple.



    Here's a pretty simple strategy to build a responsive email list easy.

    More or less if you're just starting out with list building or autoresponders, this will help you.

    Find free PLR articles with giveaway rights related to your niche...LOOK FOR QUALITY PLR's. They may be more time consuming to find, but it's worth it.

    If you can, find up to 52 great free PLR articles that are useful that you can give away. If you need to and feel it's necessary just touch them up a bit or rewrite them.

    Create an autoresponder email for each one of these FREE plr's.

    Set up your autoresponder to send out one of these emails per week.

    Occasionally after you've built a relationship and provided some quality...promote something and make some quick sales here and there.

    so...at what point do they make money? After you say, they build
    a relationship? Relationships can be built from people who also buy
    from you...in fact, the relationship is stronger because of a commit=
    ment.

    Seems like an awfully long time to wait to promote something "here
    and there", when the newbie can make money the moment people
    opt-in. But, that's just what works for me.


    This should keep your autoresponder busy and ready to go with content for a year.

    Put this into action. Offer your first free plr article to visitors, or ask them to subscribe to a "newsletter", whatever you need to do and get them on your list! And keep them fed and happy with your weekly PLR's.
    Other than that, solid for any newbie looking for a great start in the
    right direction
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2070995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyroneshum
    Hey friend,

    True this one's an easy start for those who have not yet created a product of their own to promote - PLR articles will always stay available but provided that you've checked on the right choices.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Signature
    outsourcinglive.com
    Follow me on my 90 Day Challenge to rank no. 1 on Google
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me at: outsourcinglive.com/google-plus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Toby Lewis
    I think you're better off mailing less regularly, but more genuinely.

    You can find load of content here on the warrior forum. Every time to come across a nugget of information, a good tip, some killer software or a useful webstie - mail it to your list. Don't copy and paste, write it as though you were sending it to a friend.

    THAT is how you build a relationship.

    Who are you more likely to buy from? A human with a name that cracks funny jokes and give you cool tips, or someone that sends you PLR junk exactly every 7 days?

    Don't be lazy and your list will reward you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author peiprofit
      I also kind of agree that this is not likely to get your readers to connect with you. I think that they will pretty soon get sick of seeing that stuff in their mail box and filter your email, or unsubscribe.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071152].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Roy
      Originally Posted by Aith View Post

      I think you're better off mailing less regularly, but more genuinely.

      You can find load of content here on the warrior forum. Every time to come across a nugget of information, a good tip, some killer software or a useful webstie - mail it to your list. Don't copy and paste, write it as though you were sending it to a friend.

      THAT is how you build a relationship.

      Who are you more likely to buy from? A human with a name that cracks funny jokes and give you cool tips, or someone that sends you PLR junk exactly every 7 days?

      Don't be lazy and your list will reward you.
      This is very true. However the PLR's can simply be a START to at least get your list rolling while you create some good content.

      It's a good starting point for beginners, but not by any means the MOST effective way of having a successful email list.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Silas Hart
    If your intent is to you build this massive list of random people and continually pitch them products that you probably didn't even see a website for, then don't bother. You'll probably earn some sales, but for the effort of actually building the list and branding yourself (or whatever it is that you are branding), you can build a great list of people who actually value your ideas, what you have to say, or what you might be selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071180].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
      WhoIsBenjamin,

      You can start selling the minute they opt in to your list. No need to wait. In fact, you can start selling right from your thank you page, thanking them for opting in.

      As soon as they've opted in and are redirected to your thank you page, just say something like:

      "Thanks for signing up! I'm so excited to share this information with you. Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription and receive your free PDF report on XYZ." (Or whatever you're offering as an incentive for signing up.)

      Looking for more information on XYZ? Then check my XYZ System here. [Insert link to your sales page.] You'll learn A, B, and C. [Insert testimonial here.]

      Create your e-zine or e-zine series and load up your autoresponder. Be sure to provide solid content, but ALWAYS include a call to action to buy your product or service. The rule of thumb for your e-zine or autoresponder is 75% content to 25% promotion. And send out a solo e-mailing occasionally. (Just don't hit your subscribers over the head with a ton of promotional e-mails screaming "Buy my stuff!")

      You're providing good content, so you have the right to include a blurb to buy your products or services. Plus, a strategy like this trains your list to expect promotions from you from the very beginning. This way, you don't end up getting complaints if you've sent nothing but content and then send a promotion out of the blue.

      A study was done regarding purchases that were made from e-zines or e-mail (I don't remember who did the study) asking consumers what prompted their purchase. The number one response was:

      "It was something I needed at that time."

      ...At that time.

      Since you never know exactly when someone will need your products or services or have the money to pay for it, you need to be in front of them all the time. Good content builds the relationship necessary for success, but you always need to be making an offer. So always include a short blurb for your products and services in every e-mail you send out beginning with your thank you page!

      Hope that helps!

      Michelle
      Signature
      "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071549].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author parzlou
        Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

        A study was done regarding purchases that were made from e-zines or e-mail (I don't remember who did the study) asking consumers what prompted their purchase. The number one response was:

        "It was something I needed at that time."

        ...At that time.

        Since you never know exactly when someone will need your products or services or have the money to pay for it, you need to be in front of them all the time. Good content builds the relationship necessary for success, but you always need to be making an offer. So always include a short blurb for your products and services in every e-mail you send out beginning with your thank you page!

        Hope that helps!

        Michelle
        This is a great tip....BUT !, Let me add a consumer perspective for you, if I have opted in to your list I did so because I was initially impressed with your offer and it was something I was looking for in the first place .
        So if I gave you my email I will allow you to impress me for a while with your mailings to see what you may have to offer in content .. but if you are new to me and right away I start getting your generic feed bait emails promoting the same thing as every one else,
        I will weed you out very quickly ...


        Peace
        Scott
        Signature

        Internet Marketing Sales & Service
        ParzLou OnLine

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071655].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
        Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

        WhoIsBenjamin,

        You can start selling the minute they opt in to your list. No need to wait. In fact, you can start selling right from your thank you page, thanking them for opting in.

        As soon as they've opted in and are redirected to your thank you page, just say something like:

        "Thanks for signing up! I'm so excited to share this information with you. Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription and receive your free PDF report on XYZ." (Or whatever you're offering as an incentive for signing up.)

        Looking for more information on XYZ? Then check my XYZ System here. [Insert link to your sales page.] You'll learn A, B, and C. [Insert testimonial here.]

        Create your e-zine or e-zine series and load up your autoresponder. Be sure to provide solid content, but ALWAYS include a call to action to buy your product or service. The rule of thumb for your e-zine or autoresponder is 75% content to 25% promotion. And send out a solo e-mailing occasionally. (Just don't hit your subscribers over the head with a ton of promotional e-mails screaming "Buy my stuff!")

        You're providing good content, so you have the right to include a blurb to buy your products or services. Plus, a strategy like this trains your list to expect promotions from you from the very beginning. This way, you don't end up getting complaints if you've sent nothing but content and then send a promotion out of the blue.

        A study was done regarding purchases that were made from e-zines or e-mail (I don't remember who did the study) asking consumers what prompted their purchase. The number one response was:

        "It was something I needed at that time."

        ...At that time.

        Since you never know exactly when someone will need your products or services or have the money to pay for it, you need to be in front of them all the time. Good content builds the relationship necessary for success, but you always need to be making an offer. So always include a short blurb for your products and services in every e-mail you send out beginning with your thank you page!

        Hope that helps!

        Michelle
        Awesome reply Michelle .

        However, I believe...that there's a "line" most people think
        they shouldn't cross with FREE & PAID content, assigning
        wacky percentages like "25% sales, 75% free", so I ask
        you this:

        Are you NOT promoting something your giving away for
        free with the INTENT to one day make a sale FROM the
        free information you gave away?

        So, why spend 75% of your time giving stuff away for
        free, when you could spend 75% of your time selling the
        information you currently giveaway? Which one pays
        more?

        I'm not saying your method isn't solid. It is. I've used the
        method before and it made some money...but for me, it's
        like pulling teeth. There are other ways to do it other
        than what most people will teach you. And no way is
        better than the other, just different for different goals.
        Signature
        **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2072446].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
          Scott,

          I agree with you. However, I never said anything about promoting the same thing as everyone else or about putting in generic content. I'm talking about solid, specific content related to your topic designed to help your subscribers. It's important to give value and be genuinely helpful.

          (The Warrior Forum is a great thing, but that's the downside to it: IM is incestuous and everyone is promoting the same thing and everyone else's stuff. So maybe that's why you assumed I was talking about "generic content" or "generic bait.")

          And you're right. That's the purpose of e-zines and autoresponders. Most people WON'T be ready to buy from you when they first discover your. So your e-zine builds the relationship. When people know, like, and trust you, THEN they'll buy from you.

          WhoIsBenjamin,

          Just to clarify:

          Each e-zine or autoresponder should be 75% solid content and 25% promotion. In other words, you give content AND promotion in every one. But if you flip the ratio and fill your e-zine or autoresponder with 75% promotion and 25% content, then you'll get a lot of unsubscribes very fast. Not good.

          You're worried about giving away stuff for free instead of promoting your products or services, but if you give good content, educating your list, you ARE selling 100% of the time. So your worry that you're not promoting as much as you should be is unfounded.

          Michelle
          Signature
          "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2072547].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author parzlou
            Hi Michelle...

            No Worries my comments were not directed at you in any way.... I was just speaking from my point of view when I sign up with some one I hadn't dealt with.

            This rigid stance also keeps my in-box nice and tidy, so when I do get a mailing I am pretty sure I can expect some value


            Scott
            Signature

            Internet Marketing Sales & Service
            ParzLou OnLine

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2072845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dem0x7
    How many autoresponder messages should I have lined up for when someone opts in to my list? I am about to launch my Squeeze Page giving away my Free report, and it is time for me to start planning out all of the messages.

    How often do I send them out? Once a week? What should they be? I have some pretty short blog posts / stories that I wrote, would that be good to send out to kind of give them a lesson of what I've learned?

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2071884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JennyBizz
    I tend to promote Clickbank products that have great affiliate support, including email auto responders. Michael Webb has a code that you can use for all his products. All you have to do is plug it into your Aweber account and professionally written emails go out that have valuable information about your niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2073225].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kin_lau
    Finding quality content is not that hard, but getting enough traffic and get people to subscribe is. People won't know whether you are providing good content in the first place, so why would they subscribe to see your content?

    I appreciate someone could answer my question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2073283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Roy
    Well this isn't an ecourse. Traffic building is a whole seperate topic.

    This is simply something you can do with that traffic.

    Have a look around the WF for traffic generation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2073361].message }}

Trending Topics