Your Biggest Problem With List Building??

by Jay D
13 replies
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know your opinion about the biggest problem you have when you are trying to build a list. My biggest problem was (sort of still is :p) traffic.

What's yours? (I may be able to solve it )

Regards
Jayneel
#biggest #building #list #problem
  • Profile picture of the author NateDesmond
    My biggest problem right now is monetizing it. I have a blog, so monetization is a bit more difficult than on a normal list.

    Probably within the next few months I will start selling an ebook or set of ebooks.
    Signature
    I write on...

    ...www.NateDesmond.com
    - A blog that explores the confluence of product design, marketing, and data analysis.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2075489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coluden
    I have several challenges with lists, but I think that building a big list is the most pressing issue right now. I stopped buying leads years ago. I usually get cr*p, and people who have no clue who I am anyway.
    Signature
    I've Teamed Up With An Asian Millionaire to Help You Earn Your First $1000 Online! ==>> Go to: http://prosperityinmotion.net/cb-pas...ocks-internet/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2075657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nic Lynn
    Most people find that a compelling offer is the most difficult aspect of list building. My list didn't really, truly take off until my offer(s) changed from the typical "free report" type of thing. Make a great offer and people will sign up. Make a poor offer and get poor results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2075730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Encash Yourself
    I faced two problems, even though there was organic growth on the list, it wasn't at the rate I expected. Secondly, (for my case) procrastination - when I did not write frequently enough or not well enough, I suddenly saw a drop on my list. Have learnt a lesson since then. List is comparatively small (800 or so), and I still have not monetized it yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2076413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OfferJunkie
    I would have to say definitely monetizing! I've built numerous lists over 8 niches ...only 3 of them monetize over 20%. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2076664].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gary_The_Ace
      Originally Posted by sharms888 View Post

      I would have to say definitely monetizing! I've built numerous lists over 8 niches ...only 3 of them monetize over 20%. Any suggestions would be appreciated
      Are you really complaining that only 1 in 5 people who optin to your list end up buying something? LOL ... seriously ... LOL

      - Gary Ambrose
      Signature
      If you have an automated webinar in the IM, biz opp, or make money space, and if it already converts to cold, and/or paid traffic... I want to send free traffic, and free leads to you registration page, every single day, until it stops converting. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS NOW.

      P.P.S. Viral Marketing Doesn't Work ... Tell Everyone You Know! ;)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rahika
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
      Originally Posted by Rahika View Post

      For me biggest challenge in building a list is to get people to provide their emails....
      I'll say...

      Originally Posted by NateDesmond View Post

      My biggest problem right now is monetizing it. I have a blog, so monetization is a bit more difficult than on a normal list.

      Probably within the next few months I will start selling an ebook or set of ebooks.
      Better late than never, right? lol.

      Seriously. You don't need your own product to monetize. there's
      this thing called "affiliate marketing"...try it sometime.


      Originally Posted by Encash Yourself View Post

      I faced two problems, even though there was organic growth on the list, it wasn't at the rate I expected. Secondly, (for my case) procrastination - when I did not write frequently enough or not well enough, I suddenly saw a drop on my list. Have learnt a lesson since then. List is comparatively small (800 or so), and I still have not monetized it yet.
      Well, you ASKED for organic growth. I don't know
      any organic plants that bloomed faster without the
      help of the sun. You gotta shine a little "light" on your
      plants to help them grow faster.

      Strange. I don't see a drop in my list when I don't
      write. In fact, it's better when I write less.


      As far as MY biggest problem? I can never reach enough and
      help enough people solve their problems. That bugs me. But
      I can only do what I can do for those who I can reach.
      Signature
      **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fallen_Angel
    my biggest problem with lists is lists.
    I hate forced opt ins, I hate having to agree to opt in in order to buy a product etc..
    If it was a true opt in maybe id be inclined to implement it.

    If traffic is your problem that is very easy to fix the easiest and cheapest (free) is to use 2 or 3 traffic exchanges load each in a different tab and start viewing there offers and bank your credits for a week or more the more credits the more visitors you will get when you move to next step. (many people cheat at traffic exchanges and use bots so build this number of credits high as possible)
    create a landing page tailored to the traffic exchange viewer you get 30secs to hook them
    STOP
    FREE 100 auto approved DO FOLLOW .GOV and .EDU blog list
    (your opt in code) lol

    Note you can find some free lists like this at docstoc
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077337].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rft123
      Originally Posted by Fallen_Angel View Post

      my biggest problem with lists is lists.
      I hate forced opt ins, I hate having to agree to opt in in order to buy a product etc..
      If it was a true opt in maybe id be inclined to implement it.

      If traffic is your problem that is very easy to fix the easiest and cheapest (free) is to use 2 or 3 traffic exchanges load each in a different tab and start viewing there offers and bank your credits for a week or more the more credits the more visitors you will get when you move to next step. (many people cheat at traffic exchanges and use bots so build this number of credits high as possible)
      create a landing page tailored to the traffic exchange viewer you get 30secs to hook them
      STOP
      FREE 100 auto approved DO FOLLOW .GOV and .EDU blog list
      (your opt in code) lol

      Note you can find some free lists like this at docstoc
      Interesting information. Which traffic exchanges do you use and are they easy to work with?

      Thanks
      Signature
      Click Here to learn how to get TONS of dirt cheap traffic to your site
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geoff A
    I guess for me at the moment it is finding a niche I am interested enough in to build and sustain a list. It takes the right kind of content, value and passion from what I have read here on WF.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    I have pretty much given up with the free report nonsense now, I think most people can see straight through that. For my latest ventures I ask for an email address to gain access. receive URL instead while offering something totally unique.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Geoff A
      Originally Posted by jazbo View Post

      I have pretty much given up with the free report nonsense now, I think most people can see straight through that. For my latest ventures I ask for an email address to gain access. receive URL instead while offering something totally unique.

      So Jazbo, would that be single opt in squeeze page - then straight to your sales page?

      thanks
      Geoff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Domainoutlaw
    Monetizing is most certainly the toughest for me. But then again I dont list build to often.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2077681].message }}

Trending Topics