OFFLINE QUESTIONS.... please help

by jstarx
34 replies
Hey my name is jason. A few months ago, i jumped into the whole IM thing. I've spent hours everyday article marketing, working on a blog. Giving myself a crash course on backlinks, keywords etc. as i go along.

About a month ago i started reading more and more on offline marketing consulting. I would like to get started with that once i have the necessary knowledge and tools. (i dont intend to jump in unprepared). I have been working in the sales/debt-collection industry for 9 years. So i am a people person, and i am pretty good at getting people to cut me a check.lol

I cannot create a website, and i have never used AWEBER, I know some SEO, but im no expert. I do have an understanding of how these things work. Of course i would plan to outsource the bulk of this stuff.

I have been researching offline marketing, i recently purchased a step by step guide. BUT it left out the important stuff. It told me what to do and what to offer. but it didnt tell me HOW to get this stuff done.

1. What do you guys think would be the most basic and effective services to offer when starting out. (i want to add to my services as i go)

2. are the websites offered to clients wordpress sites? If you outsource the site design, how do things get added to the site later. for example a sale the client is running or something.

3. Is there a step by step guide or something out here that will show me how to go about getting each service done for the client. For example if they want a website. what info do i get from the client, before having it designed. what do i do about hosting, passwords, registering the domain, etc. Or lets say they want an autoresponder added to an existing site. What exactly do i do from there, how do i do it , or have someone do it, what info do i give to the client once it is done. I need details on how to execute.

Please dont think that i am trying to do this without knowing what i am doing. Im not trying to start this tomorrw or even next week. I will not go about this until i know exactly what i need to know and how to deliver what what im offering , and the people in place to make it happen.

thanks guys!
#offline #questions
  • Profile picture of the author jstarx
    thank you for your response....can you elaborate a lil bit on what you mean about sellin the websites at wholesale to increase profits.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jagged
    Wise decision not to just jump in as so many others have done, with little or no knowledge.

    1. You can not create a website.......you don't need to, BUT...you should at least have some knowledge of what a website consists of & how they work, so you can talk inteligently with your client. I'm sure they will have questions & you really do not need to be fumbling for answers when they do...
    I suggest visiting www.w3.org It's the best site to learn basic HTML....It looks intimidating....you do not need to know it all, but take time to review the basics like, what elements make up a website & what purpose do they serve....

    2. Questions to ask about their website.....
    - do they have a budget in mind? This will determine pretty much everything....
    - do they have a domain name? do they have a hosting account? If not, can you assist in setting those up for them? (use your affiliate links)
    If thats all in place already, you will require all user / passwords
    - do they have a schedule or timeframe they need this website completed by?
    - how many pages do they expect?
    - do they have graphics for a logo or header....or will graphics need to be generated?
    - do they have images they wish to use?
    - will they be responsible for obtaining all website content?
    - will they require a contact form?
    - do they have a basic idea of how they what their website to look?
    (maybe have them surf around the web a little looking for layouts & styles that catch their eye....colors, font styles....flash or non flash...maybe show them some HTML layouts & some Worpress theme layouts so they can make a choice...)
    - do they plan to manage their own website or will it be outsourced to you?

    After you get an idea of what they are after, you can search out a qualified outsourcer who can handle it for you, with-in the timeframe & budget you set.....(I suggest using the Warrior Forum)

    3. The most basic and effective services to offer when starting out.....
    In my opinion, local SEO is the most effective service...
    I suggest watching these 2 video's:
    http://www.davidmihm.com/blog/local-seo/links-of-local-interest-vol-8/
    Also, most of fellow warrior Scott Gallagher's video's & articles are good...check those out...

    4. These 2 WF threads were most helpful to offliners:
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/152727-offline-marketers-what-services-you-offering-monthly-fees.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/208877-how-make-money-offline-market-lots.html

    5. Autoresponder set-up? Aweber, Getresponse, Icontact & all the major autoresponder services have tutorials showing how to set up, how to create contact forms, etc......also search youtube, they have a ton of videos showing every step....It's a snap once you get the hang of it....
    Some of the services that go along with autoresponders:
    - contact or sign-up forms
    - newsletters
    - marketable customer database management

    6. Consultant.....Be a consultant...do not be a salesman!! Take time to ask a lot of questions...your first meeting should be about their problems, what they need, etc....not what you can sell them.....your job as a consultant is to find viable solutions to their problems...in doing so, you can implement some of your services. Sometimes you will need to go outside of your scope of services to find a solution....
    Identify the problem.....
    Locate solutions to that problem....
    Implement the proper solution....
    Manage the situation....trust me...they want a hands off experience.

    Thats a start at least for you...
    Good luck,
    ~Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstarx
      Wow ken, i really appreciate you taking your time to respond at that length. I am going to go through all that info "today". And I will also check out your blog.

      1. So what i should do your saying is become an affiliate of a hosting site and domain name registering site. And get them setup.

      2. Lets say i want to have aweber put onto the site for them. would that be something i would have the webdesigner do. Or would it be done after , since i need the client to sign up for aweber themselves with their banking info , since it is a monthly automatic billing?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jstarx
    hey thanks. i would appreciate that. Im not able to PM yet .. i only have 8 posts , including this one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jagged
    yes...signing-up for a resellers account would be best, but if not then having them sign-up to a site like hostgator using your affiliate link.

    The domains too....sign-up at a place like godaddy or namecheap (godaddy i know has an affiliate program, not to sure about namecheap)

    *hint: it's strongly advisable not to register your domain & host your sites at the same service...For example...I host at hostgator though my resellers account & register domains at godaddy

    As far as the autoresponder goes, it's probably easier to get it & have it done as the sites being built....could be later, thats no problem either, just have leave room for it...
    It really is something thats easy enough to do yourself after a while.....

    ~Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kelly Verge
    Here's my suggestion:

    Create an outline/mindmap of all of the IM areas you might include in your offline repertoire then plan out which of those you'll be able to do yourself and which parts you'll need to outsource. Then do some research on each outsourced piece to work out the rough costs.

    You're doing the right thing to think this through before talking with a prospect. So many people try to talk with a prospect without having any plan on how they're going to perform the work, and this leads to nothing but unsatisfied clients.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jagged
      Originally Posted by Kelly Verge View Post

      Create an outline/mindmap of all of the IM areas you might include in your offline repertoire then plan out which of those you'll be able to do yourself and which parts you'll need to outsource. Then do some research on each outsourced piece to work out the rough costs.
      Jason, Thats sound advice Kelly gave...that should be your "ground zero"...your starting point. Check out Kelly's signature to...he has some great stuff...you will learn a lot from him.

      ~Ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106831].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jstarx
        Originally Posted by Jagged View Post

        Jason, Thats sound advice Kelly gave...that should be your "ground zero"...your starting point. Check out Kelly's signature to...he has some great stuff...you will learn a lot from him.

        ~Ken
        hey thanks alot ken. one more question . im new to registering a website and hosting. ive only made a couple blogs using blogger. how do i go from getting the wordpress site made by an outsourced guy. then taking the site and having it turned into the domain name ive purchased for the client. i dont remember the terminology, but the site has to be "uploaded" to the hosting site right?

        again thanks for everyone's advice.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstarx
      hey that definitely sounds like good advice and i will check out your sig. thanks alot
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106960].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
        The simplest way to do this is:

        # Focus on grounding yourself in effective marketing strategies and mindset.

        Basically learn what internet marketing strategies and integration of online and offline marketing can work to make more sales and profits in a business.


        # Outsource all the technical work. There are warriors here who can do nearly anything you want done. At offlinebiz.com many members outsource their work to other members.

        The people you outsource to can tell you exactly what information they need to get a job done.


        # Focus on spending your time talking to business owners, finding various ways to help them make more sales and profits and getting hired for project after project.


        Kindest regards,
        Andrew Cavanagh
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    Dude just go to Craigslist and apply to all the computer gig jobs you think you can do in your area. Just make up a resume that lists your own web im projects. Offline is just doing a bunch of part time jobs for people from home. Youll know when you get a gig that you can outsource parts of it.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edhardy123
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
      Another effective approach is to simply ask yourself:

      What can I do now?


      In other words can you do some SEO, can you write articles, can you do pay per click or online video?

      What skills do you already have.


      Then start brainstorming ways you can use those skills to help various brick and mortar businesses make real sales and profits (there are PLENTY of those).

      Once you've done that exercise a few times you'll realize the skills you have are exceptionally valuable to businesses and you can start talking to business owners and looking for ways you can help them.

      Learn to ask questions, listen and gather information.

      Then you just suggest customized ideas you have that might help them based on the information they've given you until you hit on an idea they get excited about.


      Here's the bottom line: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

      Any strategy or method you use that makes a business more profits than what you charge in fees is a great deal for everyone involved.

      You don't need the latest greatest report or strategy...you just need to start where you are with the skills you have and start helping businesses make real sales and profits.

      That way everyone wins.

      Kindest regards,
      Andrew Cavanagh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jstarx
        Originally Posted by thewealthywiseman View Post

        Another approach you might consider is having one or two complete and standardized packages to offer to businesses -- perhaps even only market them to a specific type of business. It would be much easier to become an "expert" consultant in a much shorter period of time using this approach. Than later you could branch out. Be a lot easier and cheaper to market it too.
        Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

        Another effective approach is to simply ask yourself:

        What can I do now?


        In other words can you do some SEO, can you write articles, can you do pay per click or online video?

        What skills do you already have.


        Then start brainstorming ways you can use those skills to help various brick and mortar businesses make real sales and profits (there are PLENTY of those).

        Once you've done that exercise a few times you'll realize the skills you have are exceptionally valuable to businesses and you can start talking to business owners and looking for ways you can help them.

        Learn to ask questions, listen and gather information.

        Then you just suggest customized ideas you have that might help them based on the information they've given you until you hit on an idea they get excited about.


        Here's the bottom line: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

        Any strategy or method you use that makes a business more profits than what you charge in fees is a great deal for everyone involved.

        You don't need the latest greatest report or strategy...you just need to start where you are with the skills you have and start helping businesses make real sales and profits.

        That way everyone wins.

        Kindest regards,
        Andrew Cavanagh
        andrew, much thanks to you for taking your time to respond with this good info. As of right now, I just know "about" building a website, i can make a blog on blogger (never done wordpress) . I can write , and spin articles and get them submitted, pinged , and know how to get backlinks. I do know how to do "some" seo.

        I have been studying and giving IM a try for a few months but honestly i havent been successful. But i do know that i know much more than the average joe. Which is what this is all about though right?

        the money that people are charging clients for the offline services , is honestly mind blowing to me. Its a feeling of excitement in seeing the potential for me and my family. but i am nervous about it somewhat, (because of my lack of success at IM) so i want to be OVER prepared before i approach my first lead.

        thanks alot guys.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107454].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
          Originally Posted by jstarx View Post

          i am nervous about it somewhat, (because of my lack of success at IM) so i want to be OVER prepared before i approach my first lead.

          Mate I'm not prepared when I talk to a new prospect and I've been doing this for years.

          Every business is different and you're going to have to gather some serious information about that business and the owner before you start suggesting ideas that have a reasonable chance of making them real sales and profits.

          So you just need to stop worrying about being prepared and understand that the first part of this process is gathering information.

          You do that by talking to business owners so that's where you start.

          Once you have some information you can come back and post a new thread here to brainstorm ideas (here's a tip: many of the people giving you the ideas will also be happy to do the work for you for a fee so that's the next problem solved).

          The process is driven by talking to business owners not by educating yourself.

          You need to start taking action.

          Kindest regards,
          Andrew Cavanagh
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111488].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jstarx
            Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

            Mate I'm not prepared when I talk to a new prospect and I've been doing this for years.

            Every business is different and you're going to have to gather some serious information about that business and the owner before you start suggesting ideas that have a reasonable chance of making them real sales and profits.

            So you just need to stop worrying about being prepared and understand that the first part of this process is gathering information.

            You do that by talking to business owners so that's where you start.

            Once you have some information you can come back and post a new thread here to brainstorm ideas (here's a tip: many of the people giving you the ideas will also be happy to do the work for you for a fee so that's the next problem solved).

            The process is driven by talking to business owners not by educating yourself.

            You need to start taking action.

            Kindest regards,
            Andrew Cavanagh
            Andrew ,

            Thank you so much. I actually purchased your offline gold last night , and i just got done reading it a few minutes ago. there is good info in it, and worth the price.

            Im sure you can understand why i want to be over prepared and educated. But this last post you made, has really made me feel motivated , and also you suggesting that i get info from a business owner, and come back here with the info is a great idea.

            Knowing that once i get the info, i have all the help i need to get the job done will be right here on the forum is a real confidence boost.

            I will take this advice and take action. im sure that this thread will also be helpful to others when they see the responses once i come back with the info , im sure the info to follow will not only be helpful to me but to others.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thewealthywiseman
    Another approach you might consider is having one or two complete and standardized packages to offer to businesses -- perhaps even only market them to a specific type of business. It would be much easier to become an "expert" consultant in a much shorter period of time using this approach. Than later you could branch out. Be a lot easier and cheaper to market it too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstarx
      Originally Posted by thewealthywiseman View Post

      Another approach you might consider is having one or two complete and standardized packages to offer to businesses -- perhaps even only market them to a specific type of business. It would be much easier to become an "expert" consultant in a much shorter period of time using this approach. Than later you could branch out. Be a lot easier and cheaper to market it too.
      thank you thats good advice. i have been thinking about what businesses to approach first. and i havent read into this much, yet , i have some info i was reading but havent gotten to it yet...but i think it was called "verticle niches"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kerry Finch
    I'm not sure if you are willing to pay for top quality training in offline business consulting, but if you are I recommend Kyle Tully's Consulting Tycoon course/mentorship program. His students are achieving great things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    To add to what Andrew was saying, the more that you can learn about marketing as a process within a business, you'll start to understand the real function... which is to generate business leads and customers.

    The tools you use on the front-end are interchangable... print, web, mobile... whatever, it's all the same thing in the grand scheme of the business owner's perspective.

    HOW DO I GET CUSTOMERS?

    That's the $64,000 question for any business owner.

    They don't care about the tool. They want sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DogScout
      Originally Posted by MichaelHiles View Post

      To add to what Andrew was saying, the more that you can learn about marketing as a process within a business, you'll start to understand the real function... which is to generate business leads and customers.

      The tools you use on the front-end are interchangable... print, web, mobile... whatever, it's all the same thing in the grand scheme of the business owner's perspective.

      HOW DO I GET CUSTOMERS?

      That's the $64,000 question for any business owner.

      They don't care about the tool. They want sales.
      To add to what Michael was saying. In many cases it is not even about more traffic. Many (most?) times current clients potential income is not being utilized properly... just maximizing the income possible from existing clients can add a huge % onto a company's bottom-line depending on how good or bad they are already handling the traffic they have.
      Throwing more traffic at a business that is not prepared for it can actually do more harm than good!
      Basically, so investigation as to the abilities, policies, and capabilities of the company is in order BEFORE just throwing traffic at it.
      (IMHO)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108659].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
        Originally Posted by DogScout View Post

        To add to what Michael was saying. In many cases it is not even about more traffic. Many (most?) times current clients potential income is not being utilized properly... just maximizing the income possible from existing clients can add a huge % onto a company's bottom-line depending on how good or bad they are already handling the traffic they have.
        Throwing more traffic at a business that is not prepared for it can actually do more harm than good!
        Basically, so investigation as to the abilities, policies, and capabilities of the company is in order BEFORE just throwing traffic at it.
        (IMHO)

        bingo.

        More clients aren't necessarily a good thing for a business depending on other factors.

        I had a client once that was literally buying business. They were winning bids by undercutting all the competition's prices in a hyper-competitive environment. The biggest expense wasn't the actual overhead costs in a project. They were spending more in marketing than the entire lifetime value per customer (from a combination of things). The company started to get into cash trouble - obviously. But without understanding what the real problem was, just jamming the pipeline full of more business would have accelerated their demise.

        The funny thing that I've noticed about a lot of offline marketing discussion on these Internet Marketing forums center around lead generation and driving business. The consensus seems to be just to sell more and more new customers - and if you're a one-trick pony, then yeah, that's what you've got to do to keep eating.

        But the reality is that the very first sale with a new customer is the hardest, and the most expensive of all. The cost of sales is the highest on the first transaction - but steadily drops with each subsequent sale.

        There's a lot of discussion about going out and developing new customers, lead generation, closing new sales, etc... But I still don't see a whole lot of conversation about maximizing marketing ROI, developing service-as-a-product sales funnels for additional sales, strategic marketing process, process automation, customer relationship management, etc...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108871].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kelly Verge
          Originally Posted by MichaelHiles View Post

          bingo.

          More clients aren't necessarily a good thing for a business depending on other factors.

          I had a client once that was literally buying business. They were winning bids by undercutting all the competition's prices in a hyper-competitive environment. The biggest expense wasn't the actual overhead costs in a project. They were spending more in marketing than the entire lifetime value per customer (from a combination of things). The company started to get into cash trouble - obviously. But without understanding what the real problem was, just jamming the pipeline full of more business would have accelerated their demise.

          The funny thing that I've noticed about a lot of offline marketing discussion on these Internet Marketing forums center around lead generation and driving business. The consensus seems to be just to sell more and more new customers - and if you're a one-trick pony, then yeah, that's what you've got to do to keep eating.

          But the reality is that the very first sale with a new customer is the hardest, and the most expensive of all. The cost of sales is the highest on the first transaction - but steadily drops with each subsequent sale.

          There's a lot of discussion about going out and developing new customers, lead generation, closing new sales, etc... But I still don't see a whole lot of conversation about maximizing marketing ROI, developing service-as-a-product sales funnels for additional sales, strategic marketing process, process automation, customer relationship management, etc...


          With my consulting I focus far more on their processes than I do on their use of IM. I try to find the areas that are working but are under-prioritized or those that aren't working but could with some small changes. I use IM more as justification for recurring billing.

          Often the lowest-hanging-fruit within a business is tweaking what they're already doing.

          And yes, one group of questions I ask in this initial interview concerns their capacity for additional business. This both lets me know where they stand and further cements my positioning.


          -K


          (P.S. Michael, many Warriors don't have a background in strategic business planning nor process management. The "average" Warrior knows IM, which is why those are the offline methods that are most often discussed.)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108923].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
            Originally Posted by Kelly Verge View Post

            ...(P.S. Michael, many Warriors don't have a background in strategic business planning nor process management. The "average" Warrior knows IM, which is why those are the offline methods that are most often discussed.)

            Yeah I realize that. Doesn't keep me from trying to "raise the bar" tho...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    Hi,

    I'm with Andrew's second post of advice here.

    The biggest problem you have is all the possible options.

    Don't try to be everything or you'll never get started.

    Look at what you can do now and focus on that.

    For example - if you know how to use Animoto (it's REALLY quick and easy) and you know where to get images (Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos) then you can already offer promotional videos and video landing pages.

    You can charge a couple of hundred dollars for doing these for businesses that already have websites (and those that don't).

    So, if you just focused on that you could get started right away without needing to know how to build websites.

    It's also something that many web designers won't be focused on so you could probably get business very quickly.

    Don't make things harder than they need to be.

    You don't need to spend months learning lots of stuff. You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on information or products.

    Just pick something that will help people and get started - you can learn/outsource other things once people start asking you for them because you'll be more focused and have a clear idea what's needed.

    Don't wait for other people to tell you what to do or how to do it - use your brain and get out there and you can be making decent money almost immediately.

    Confidence and one core skill is enough.

    Andy
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisHunt
    If you search around the topic of **requirements gathering** you'll get all the information you need for the questions to ask...

    ...you're gathering the requirements of the small business owner if that makes sense.
    Signature
    "The greatest thing to be achieved in advertising, in my opinion, is believability, and nothing is more believable than the product itself." ~ Leo Burnett
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Marketing offline is similar to marketing to online clients. You must brand yourself as a leader with Internet Marketing in your community. No offline business is going to pay you to handle their Internet Marketing unless you have established yourself. Complete your LinkedIn Profile, trick out your own Social Media pages and have some examples of your skills that you can show your clients.
    These offline businesses are getting slammed everyday with people claiming to be Internet Marketing experts, they will do their Due Diligence to confirm your the real deal before writing you a check. I have been marketing offline for over 2 years now. Good luck.
    Signature

    Learn Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing For Your Business
    Click here to learn more - Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James Foster
      Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      Marketing offline is similar to marketing to online clients. You must brand yourself as a leader with Internet Marketing in your community. No offline business is going to pay you to handle their Internet Marketing unless you have established yourself. Complete your LinkedIn Profile, trick out your own Social Media pages and have some examples of your skills that you can show your clients.
      These offline businesses are getting slammed everyday with people claiming to be Internet Marketing experts, they will do their Due Diligence to confirm your the real deal before writing you a check. I have been marketing offline for over 2 years now. Good luck.
      I'm of the Dan Kennedy school of thought when it comes to "branding"... the only people who need it are Fortune 500 companies with boards of directors and shareholders.
      I don't care if my customers don't remember my tag line as long as they keep the checks coming in.

      And (in my area at least) no serious business people take the time to check out my LinkedIn profile and Twitter account... They think that's stuff for kids.

      I do agree you need to get your name out there though. Write some articles for your local paper, write a book (really simple to do with voice recording software) and let the local media know about it- tons of free advertising you couldn't have paid for, and join local organizations.

      As for the product itself, you're right, it can all be outsourced. So really as long as you know more about the subject than your clients, and you can sell it well face-to-face you don't have to be an expert at SEO (you can hire someone, full-time, in the Philippines to do the work for $300/month)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2109117].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by James Foster View Post

        And (in my area at least) no serious business people take the time to check out my LinkedIn profile and Twitter account... They think that's stuff for kids.
        That's weird - I know many business owners in my area that get a lot of business from LinkedIn and one of my offline clients just got over £1M of business over the next year from a contact made on LinkedIn.

        I'm not saying everyone needs it, but there's a lot of value in there for those that do.

        Andy
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2109127].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          That's weird - I know many business owners in my area that get a lot of business from LinkedIn and one of my offline clients just got over £1M of business over the next year from a contact made on LinkedIn.

          I'm not saying everyone needs it, but there's a lot of value in there for those that do.

          Andy
          I agree Andy, I get about 50% of my offline business from LinkedIn. I also have it in my email signature and encourage a potential client to check my profile as well.

          Maybe they are a little behind the times in Minnesota? haha..j/k
          Signature

          Learn Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing For Your Business
          Click here to learn more - Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2109170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstarx
      Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      Marketing offline is similar to marketing to online clients. You must brand yourself as a leader with Internet Marketing in your community. No offline business is going to pay you to handle their Internet Marketing unless you have established yourself. Complete your LinkedIn Profile, trick out your own Social Media pages and have some examples of your skills that you can show your clients.
      These offline businesses are getting slammed everyday with people claiming to be Internet Marketing experts, they will do their Due Diligence to confirm your the real deal before writing you a check. I have been marketing offline for over 2 years now. Good luck.
      thank you for the advice and thank you for your offer to help, i got your pm, but i cant pm back just yet, but im getting to 50 pretty quickly by posting this thread. lol.. well i checked out your website. Is that your site that you use to attract business owners?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    @Andy, It could just be my area. The midwest in general can be a little slow when it comes to getting on trends.

    There's actually a joke that if the world ends, come to MN, because it'll take another 20 years to get here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2109193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrs spencer
    Thanks everybody for this wonderful and insightful post you guys gave i didnt ask the question but im glad someone did

    it sure open my eyes to the immense opportunity i could get adding an offline dimension to my im
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111618].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstarx
      Originally Posted by mrs spencer View Post

      Thanks everybody for this wonderful and insightful post you guys gave i didnt ask the question but im glad someone did

      it sure open my eyes to the immense opportunity i could get adding an offline dimension to my im

      i actually started this thread, and i am amazed at how much good info has come from it,and im glad you may be able to benefit from it as intend to as well. It's amazing to me how many people out there are willing to share their experience and knowledge to help out fellow warriors.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author parthavi
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111673].message }}

Trending Topics