How to Make Facebook Page that Forces you to Like it Before Seeing What's On It?

24 replies
I've been getting a lot of these FB pages . One was for the ten worst tattoos. Before I could see the Tattoos I had to click like and share the page.

"Step 1: Click Like."

Can anyone tell me how this is done please?

Thanks
#facebook #forces #make #page
  • Profile picture of the author Trivum
    No offense, but I hope you never learn. I hate that type of #@%$.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
      Originally Posted by Trivum View Post

      No offense, but I hope you never learn. I hate that type of #@%$.
      hear! hear!

      anything that forces a user to do something should be banned, imho
      Signature
      ---------------
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reynoldscorb
    Search "fbml" on google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmyBrown
    Add FBML, then add the following code to the FBML-enabled tab, edit bolded parts to display the content you want to display:

    Code:
    <div style="height: 200px;">
    <!-- start non-fan part -->
    <div style="margin-top:10px; position: absolute; top:10px;left:0px; height: 200px;; width:100%;">
    non-fan content: non-fans will see this content, but fans will not.
    </div>
    <!-- end non-fan part -->
    <fb:fbml version="1.1">
    <fb:visible-to-connection>
    <div style="margin-top:10px; position: absolute; height: 200px; top:10px;left:0px; width:100%; background-color: #FFFFFF">
    fan content:only fans will see this content.
    </div>
    </fb:visible-to-connection>
    This is a good starting point: Facebook Fan Pages – Show Content to Fans & Hide from Non-Fans | HyperArts
    Signature
    "Test fast, fail fast, adjust fast."
    Tom Peters

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
      Originally Posted by AmyBrown View Post

      Add FBML, then add the following code to the FBML-enabled tab, edit bolded parts to display the content you want to display:

      Code:
      <div style="height: 200px;">
      <!-- start non-fan part -->
      <div style="margin-top:10px; position: absolute; top:10px;left:0px; height: 200px;; width:100%;">
      non-fan content: non-fans will see this content, but fans will not.
      </div>
      <!-- end non-fan part -->
      <fb:fbml version="1.1">
      <fb:visible-to-connection>
      <div style="margin-top:10px; position: absolute; height: 200px; top:10px;left:0px; width:100%; background-color: #FFFFFF">
      fan content:only fans will see this content.
      </div>
      </fb:visible-to-connection>
      This is a good starting point: Facebook Fan Pages - Show Content to Fans & Hide from Non-Fans | HyperArts

      Hmm this is good but the ones I've seen look more like a custom script. Not sure though but thanks I think I can work with this one.
      Signature

      Owner bestfivereviewed.com

      Started this stuff 2009. Time is what will teach you the skills you need.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2106376].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
        Banned
        Hello,
        There are currently two types of those codes you want.

        Both uses FBML but one uses just FBML Code and the other requires to be hosted off the fan page as well.

        However I believe the one you're referring to is fairly basic just a simple FBML Code.

        The sample above is fairly good but I know the working one I have is slightly longer.

        What it does is it request you to like the the page before proceeding. AFter which it suggest you to invite your friends and then you can view a content.

        If you have any questions or need help finding it I'll be more than happy to help.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2146220].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nuub
          im trying to make my page go viral.. does any one know whether the
          Code:
          javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]); } }
          is working or not?.. as i already tried them.. yes they do select all friends but the selected friends seem didn't get the invitation.. are there any solution to this select all friends method?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216001].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jonat2005
          Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post

          Hello,
          There are currently two types of those codes you want.

          Both uses FBML but one uses just FBML Code and the other requires to be hosted off the fan page as well.

          However I believe the one you're referring to is fairly basic just a simple FBML Code.

          The sample above is fairly good but I know the working one I have is slightly longer.

          What it does is it request you to like the the page before proceeding. AFter which it suggest you to invite your friends and then you can view a content.

          If you have any questions or need help finding it I'll be more than happy to help.

          Thanks for this tip off....but how does one get the code
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333455].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MarketingZen
            Is this used for content on a facebook page only?

            For example could i use it to do something like this...

            Write half a blog post on my blog then if they like it and want to continue reading they can press the facebook 'like button' and it will show the rest of the blog post?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333540].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author brett1776
              Originally Posted by Labno View Post

              Is this used for content on a facebook page only?

              For example could i use it to do something like this...

              Write half a blog post on my blog then if they like it and want to continue reading they can press the facebook 'like button' and it will show the rest of the blog post?
              There is a WP plugin that will only show content on your blog if the reader is a 'Fan' of your FB page.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimmyS
    Hmmmmm..... As of a personal opinion, I really don't like that idea. I mean the purpose of clicking the "like" button basically means you like that page which you would like others to know. So how would you actually "like" a page when in fact you haven't actually seen it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    The easiest way to get people to like your page is to have a product or service the people actually like. I know when I come across these pages that force you to 'like' before being showing content I just close them straight away. Think about the psychology behind it. Is that the way you want to start a relationship with your list - I'll only show you this if you do this for me first. Spend more time on coming up with valuable content and people will be more than happy to share it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenwrites
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      The easiest way to get people to like your page is to have a product or service the people actually like. I know when I come across these pages that force you to 'like' before being showing content I just close them straight away. Think about the psychology behind it. Is that the way you want to start a relationship with your list - I'll only show you this if you do this for me first. Spend more time on coming up with valuable content and people will be more than happy to share it.
      First, I saw the title of the thread and busted out laughing...A Facebook page with an inferiority complex...

      I agree with Will though. What kind of message does that send to prospective customers? They HAVE to take an action BEFORE they can see anything? Really? Gee, I wonder if there may be a hard sale behind the page. Where is that back button.
      Signature

      Tried and true method to make money from home. Click here for the method that continually brings me $100s daily. (Excellent for Beginners)
      Information on content writing sites and making money with your writing at The Freelancer Today.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimmyS
    Exactly my point. As an entrepreneur, we should always be transparent on the things that we do to our clients. Considering the issues of "scamming" nowadays. But if that's their thing then so be it then that's it. But I have my hands "off" to that kind of method.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Thomas Wilkinson
      Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post

      Exactly my point. As an entrepreneur, we should always be transparent on the things that we do to our clients. Considering the issues of "scamming" nowadays. But if that's their thing then so be it then that's it. But I have my hands "off" to that kind of method.
      I couldn't agree more. Over deliver, give genuine value, treat your customers in a straight forward manor and you don't need tricks and traps and gimmicks.
      Signature
      When you hear someone telling you what YOU can't do, they are usually talking about what THEY can't do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brett1776
    I am not a fan of the 3-step process; however, I do use the FB hide content for fans only code.

    For example, I have used the hide code when showing coupons for a business. We saw our fan count increase and more importantly ... people coming into the restaurant and redeeming the coupons.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333237].message }}
    • Originally Posted by brett1776 View Post

      I am not a fan of the 3-step process; however, I do use the FB hide content for fans only code.

      For example, I have used the hide code when showing coupons for a business. We saw our fan count increase and more importantly ... people coming into the restaurant and redeeming the coupons.
      Hey Brett, wonder if you could share how to do this? I've just created a fb page for the hairdressing business I'm promoting, and this sounds to me to be an excellent way to increase fans and business. Appreciate any information you can share at all, thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335518].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
        Banned
        Originally Posted by PersonalAssistantChick View Post

        Hey Brett, wonder if you could share how to do this? I've just created a fb page for the hairdressing business I'm promoting, and this sounds to me to be an excellent way to increase fans and business. Appreciate any information you can share at all, thanks
        I believe that portion of it was explained in the earlier posts by amy.

        All the best,
        Benjamin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2359231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Groovystar
    I can see Facebook cracking down on this crap in the near future. It's an abuse of their system and if allowed to continue will make it virtually worthless as a measure of which sites people actually "like".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrapurus
    Oh just save us the trouble and rename your post to "how to get your arse banned by FB".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NiagaraLocal
    I think adding a "like" option to a special offer and not the main access of the site is a good idea. Suggest the "like" on the welcome page but make it mandatory to download the free report. Same as requesting emails for the free info we already offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4131434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bbdginc
    If Im paying a lot for a contest, marketing and giving away a big prize, I want you to like my page first. Thats not too much to ask.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author atlantarobin
    I thought FB was cracking down on this kind of deceptive trick. Seems like the FTC was jumping into it as well. Personally, I don't like it. But there's no DON'T LIKE button to click... unless you put a LinkClaw (or something like that... Chris Munch's tooley) on it for fair consumer reporting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6469159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattysaff
    Facebook page is the helpful to increase your like, for increase your like you need to to make your page so attractive. And that page are more informative for users. For that you need to learn Facebook marketing.
    Signature

    Get Facebook Marketing services from readyBUZZ which deals in social media strategies.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6469402].message }}

Trending Topics