How Much Would You Pay For a Video Like This?

by Dr Dan
21 replies
Hey fellow Warriors, I wanted to get a quick poll from you guys to see what other Internet Marketers would be willing to pay for video promos like these that they could use for Video Marketing etc.

Would you pay: $20, $30, $50, $70, $100, $200 or what?

I am asking what would you as an Internet marketer pay to have a video created for you to use on the web for video marketing etc?

Video would be 45 sec to around 1 min in length, and MP4 High Resolution at 864 x 480



I know their will be a few people that will mention that they can create their own video using paid tools and why would they pay to have a video created. But that also brings the point of why pay someone $50 to create me 100 backlinks when I can do them myself. Or why pay someone $60 to $100 for 10 (400 word) articles when I can write it for free myself.


Also Let me be clear though. I am not trying to sell my services in this thread. Please dont ask for me to create a video for you. Thanks guys.
#pay #video #video marketing #video production #video production service
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    Some customers wouldn't want to pay more than a few bucks, some would pay a grand or more. Whatever you choose to charge for your services, don't undersell yourself. Charge what makes sense to you.
    Signature
    My New Video Series is Free (for now)
    Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
    Get EBR 365 Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2152865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Skeepe729
    i would pay 30$, don`t get me wrong, i would pay more if i would have the money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153014].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      Some customers wouldn't want to pay more than a few bucks, some would pay a grand or more. Whatever you choose to charge for your services, don't undersell yourself. Charge what makes sense to you.
      Thanks Brian and I totally agree. So far I have had alot of success using it as a bonus for signing up for my $1000 package.

      Originally Posted by Skeepe729 View Post

      i would pay 30$, don`t get me wrong, i would pay more if i would have the money
      Thanks Skeepe and thats what I was asking for. What would Internet Marketers be willing to pay for videos like this to use for Video Marketing and whatever they wanted to use them for.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jennypitts
    I have paid well over $100 for videos. And I know of companies that charge in the thousands of dollars for a 30 second television spot. I am not sure why you started the poll or if you are trying to set a price for your services, but I think it depends on a lot of things. Experience, notoriety, customer satisfaction, TALENT, efficiency and of course client budget. Not everyone with good aspirations has the budget to spend so much money on a quality video. So, if what you are doing is getting a feel for the market price, I think you need to go with gutt feeling and instinct. Remember that each client is unique.
    Signature
    Traffic Exchange - Solo Ads - Contact Solo Ads
    Social Networking For Internet Marketers to Increase Traffic to Referral Program or Site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153047].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by jennypitts View Post

      I have paid well over $100 for videos. And I know of companies that charge in the thousands of dollars for a 30 second television spot. I am not sure why you started the poll or if you are trying to set a price for your services, but I think it depends on a lot of things. Experience, notoriety, customer satisfaction, TALENT, efficiency and of course client budget. Not everyone with good aspirations has the budget to spend so much money on a quality video. So, if what you are doing is getting a feel for the market price, I think you need to go with gutt feeling and instinct. Remember that each client is unique.
      Thanks Jenny, and I am charging 50% off which is $350 right now to local business owners for the video. Or I am including it as a bonus to sign up for more services etc.

      The reason I started the poll was because I have some extra time since I am not traveling as much the next few months and was thinking of offering video creation to new authors, MLM'rs, Internet Marketers, etc. Obviously most of these people dont have a high budget like most local businesses do, but if I got 4 extra hours a day to watch tv or create some videos, then I would rather create some videos for others at an affordable price.

      Plus I have fun doing them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayPeete
    As an Internet Marketer I would probably pay $50 for one because I know where to get them for very cheap but for this length that is about what I would pay.
    Signature
    What Misunderstood Traffic Source SUCKS In
    3 Million Visitors Daily and Spits Out
    $560.81 Per Day In Commissions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153350].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by JayPeete View Post

      As an Internet Marketer I would probably pay $50 for one because I know where to get them for very cheap but for this length that is about what I would pay.
      Thanks for the reply Jay. As Internet Marketers we are very savvy and resourceful. Its funny because we can get an article written for $4 that others would be willing to pay $100 for. Thanks for the vote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mao Flynn
    I think it really comes down to the quality of the finish... as you indicated there are tools that will enable people to create videos themselves, but you are absolutely correct in comparing this to writing articles... there is definately a market for this....

    I get asked to do videos for people all the time, I just dont have the time to do it myself....

    Professional services such as Splainers.net charge thousands for ultra professional videos, so I think if you price around $50 that would be v reasonable and tap a pretty good market.

    Good luck with it man

    Mao
    Signature
    Thread is CLOSED
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by Mao Flynn View Post

      I think it really comes down to the quality of the finish... as you indicated there are tools that will enable people to create videos themselves, but you are absolutely correct in comparing this to writing articles... there is definately a market for this....

      I get asked to do videos for people all the time, I just dont have the time to do it myself....

      Professional services such as Splainers.net charge thousands for ultra professional videos, so I think if you price around $50 that would be v reasonable and tap a pretty good market.

      Good luck with it man

      Mao
      Thanks Mao. I never heard of splainers but will check them out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author da1fitz
    This kind of service (as with most warrior services) can only be valued based on the ability of the service provider, plus the percieved value of the customer, but from what I have seen your work is way above par thererfore as a customer I would be willing to pay $100 plus - nice work....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by da1fitz View Post

      This kind of service (as with most warrior services) can only be valued based on the ability of the service provider, plus the percieved value of the customer, but from what I have seen your work is way above par thererfore as a customer I would be willing to pay $100 plus - nice work....
      Awesome and thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
    Anyone else? I would love to get a few more to join in on the poll.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemac1
    You should check the Warriors for Hire section, there are plenty others who are creating vids using Animoto, this is nothing new, what you need to be concerned with is violating Animoto's TOS by reselling videos to other businesses...

    From Animoto's website...

    Can I resell Animoto Videos?
    The Terms of Service allow for you to re-sell videos to individuals, but not to other businesses.

    Each business using Animoto commercially must have their own Animoto for Business account. However, feel free to re-sell videos to individual people (for example, a videographer selling a video to a couple who just had a wedding).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zoro
      Originally Posted by michael-mac View Post

      You should check the Warriors for Hire section, there are plenty others who are creating vids using Animoto, this is nothing new, what you need to be concerned with is violating Animoto's TOS by reselling videos to other businesses...

      From Animoto's website...
      I agree, you need to be very careful if your going to be selling Animoto created videos.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Bard
    Are these custom made one-of-a-kind or more like PLR?

    If you make these custom for each individual customer I wouldn't charge anything less than $100.

    If PLR, between $20 and $50.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by michael-mac View Post

      You should check the Warriors for Hire section, there are plenty others who are creating vids using Animoto, this is nothing new, what you need to be concerned with is violating Animoto's TOS by reselling videos to other businesses...

      From Animoto's website...
      I do know the TOS with Animoto. Thanks for the heads up.

      I did check out the Warriors for Hire section and thats what gave me the idea. The videos there are kinda boring and I got really good at making quick vids using tools like Animoto, iMovie, FCP, etc. Was thinking of doing a few videos a week for other Internet Marketers, MLM'ers, New Authors, etc in my free time.

      Originally Posted by Matt M View Post

      Are these custom made one-of-a-kind or more like PLR?

      If you make these custom for each individual customer I wouldn't charge anything less than $100.

      If PLR, between $20 and $50.
      Custom since each video would have different slides and different pictures etc. PLR would be more like exact duplicates for each video.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonmorgan
    How long does it take you to finish a spot?

    Your local TV station probably has a guy making $15 - $20 an hour who could knock one of these out in under 2 hours.

    BTW... I voted $100

    Don't sell yourself short.

    Just because a TV station is only paying a guy peanuts doesn't mean they aren't charging the client $500 for the spot.
    Signature

    I'm all about that bass.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemac1
    I do know the TOS with Animoto. Thanks for the heads up.

    I did check out the Warriors for Hire section and thats what gave me the idea. The videos there are kinda boring and I got really good at making quick vids using tools like Animoto, iMovie, FCP, etc. Was thinking of doing a few videos a week for other Internet Marketers, MLM'ers, New Authors, etc in my free time.
    Not a problem and just to let you know from experience, there's a reason you don't see Animoto much in the W4H section, it's because most got in trouble reselling videos and the market got flooded with people offering a similar service for $10.

    Let me be real, these people saying they would pay $100 for videos, if you advertised that here at the WarriorForum, and people saw you getting orders, you'll have competition coming out of everywhere trying to uncut you...Like I said video creation using Animoto is nothing new here or other IM related forums...it's been done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
      Originally Posted by michael-mac View Post

      Not a problem and just to let you know from experience, there's a reason you don't see Animoto much in the W4H section, it's because most got in trouble reselling videos and the market got flooded with people offering a similar service for $10.

      Let me be real, these people saying they would pay $100 for videos, if you advertised that here at the WarriorForum, and people saw you getting orders, you'll have competition coming out of everywhere trying to uncut you...Like I said video creation using Animoto is nothing new here or other IM related forums...it's been done.
      Gotcha. Thanks for the tip. I dont see why people would get in trouble using Animoto unless they didnt have a pro account.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemac1
    I dont see why people would get in trouble using Animoto unless they didnt have a pro account.
    What I posted above about re-selling videos is directly from the FAQs on Animoto's page for the pro account, just because you have a pro account doesn't mean you can resell videos to whom ever you want, you can only re-sell videos to individuals and not businesses.

    And Animoto takes it seriously, don't forget they have to pay to license the music you use, pay for staff and continue to innovate their tech, why would they let you resell a video to a business when they should be getting that money, remember this is business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
    I guess I will stick to selling the ones I create with iMovie and FCP then ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154569].message }}

Trending Topics