First off, a little info about me. Almost 3 years experience in IM, born and raised in the Philippines so I know how to do my IM here . A Philippine Outsourcing Consultant to IMers who want to Scale things up by small-to-medium scale outsourcing.
So here's the problem most of our fellow warriors have:
I have been asked more times than I care to remember by fellow IMers on the best way to pay their outsourced workers in the Philippines.
Most people would agree when I say paying via paypal and then straight to outsourced writers, linkers, etc is hands-down the best, most convenient way to pay.
Some would suggest the following:
- Xoom (not applicable anymore)
- Opening paypal account for outsourcers (hassle and time consuming)
- EON Unionbank (most outsourcing courses tell you this)
So here my solution to your problem:
Globe G-Cash Online
A little disclaimer, I am not affiliated with them nor do I receive any compensation for recommending it here.
So Globe is the biggest mobile phone service provider in the philippines. And they expanded their reach to target the remittance market as this was originally intended for overseas filipino workers.
Basically, you will pay using paypal and your outsourcer will receive the money through her phone. She will then go to one of the 18,000 outlets scattered in the country to encash it or she can pay bills using her phone.
From what I understand, here's the process as I can easily describe it.
1.) Ask your outsourcer to register his/her phone for G-Cash (ask her, she knows what this is)
2.) Pay her using paypal
3.) You will get a confirmation if its successful
Here's what I like about this program:
- You will be paying in Philippine Peso (Great save!)
- Easiest for you as you will be paying using paypal
- Have been using Globe as my phone company for 8 years and they're a top notch company
Downsides I can think of on top of my head:
- Your outsourcer might be using another mobile service (globe is the biggest but there are some using smart or sun cellular so you might need them to buy a globe sim card for cheap at around $1.30)
- There are limitations. 1 paypal account can send money to only 4 gcash users.
I think it just launched and havent tested it yet myself as I dont pay using US dollars But I recommended it to some friends and will tell them to post their success on this thread.
Here's the Link:
And here's their Facebook ad that I saw which explains what to do and other specifics:
Globe - GCASH Online
Hope This Helps a lot of warriors.
Subscribed to this thread and if you have questions regarding outsourcing to the philippines and REALLY finding out the insider's facts, let me know and ill try to answer them if my time permits.
There goes another $7 WSO I just gave away. lol
Well, its back to work for me.
All the best,