1. First step is to create a video that is relevant to your target market group. Its getting really easy to produce video content these days. You can either use a WebCam and record a video directly from YouTube’s site or use free software like CamStudio to record your desktop computer screen while you talk over the recording.
2. Write a detailed description and keyword tags about your video and how your video is useful to others. Think in terms of your viewers. What kind of description will be inviting for the reader to visit your site?
3. Add your affiliate link/ website address into the description bar. Alternatively, you can add a URL link as a text title on your video. This can be done easily with Windows Movie Maker (free with Windows) or Apple iMovie (free with Macs).
4. Search for and add friends with similar interest (do not SPAM others). Join groups with common video topic interests and genuinely interact with others.
5. Encourage others to view your video. Embed in on your blog, invite others to view and rate. The more people who view your video, the higher it gets ranked by the video sharing service. You can even try and rank higher by encouraging video comments and other awards/ ranking systems given by the video sharing service. (e.g. most viewed, most commented, most favorited, most linked..etc)