UK Warriors - BBC2 7.30pm "All Over The Shop"

40 replies
All Over The Shop

Starts in about 30 minutes from time of posting, not
so much a makeover programme as an "offline testing
and tweaking" programme where the presenter Geoff
Burch emphasises the importance of marketing.

Could be an interesting watch.

John
#730pm #all over the shop #bbc2 #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author darrenw
    I'll set the sky+ right now

    Thanks
    Signature

    Darren Webb
    Free Honest Reviews

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[190796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Imran Naseem
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[190798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenn Newsome
    ARrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh, WTF is footie?

    Is this the same thing as soccer being called football?

    I recall footsie in my younger days.
    Signature
    WSO Addicts Blog

    AKA "webnetincome" before the big name changes!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[190938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Ayres
    yes footie is slang for Football in UK
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[190947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Glenn Newsome
      Originally Posted by SpudDS View Post

      yes footie is slang for Football in UK
      Oh, so we are really talking about SOCCER and not FOOTBALL.
      Signature
      WSO Addicts Blog

      AKA "webnetincome" before the big name changes!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[190966].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Heather Bestel
        John

        "All Over The Shop" was great.

        Geoff Burch was fab, his personality shone through and he really cared about the people and their businesses. The people listened to his advice and really took it seriously.

        We started off cringing at the obvious things that these 'business people' hadn't even thought of to do to promote their business. They seemed nice people, just didn't seem to understand how to promote themselves.

        Thankfully it all ended happily, so we can't wait for next week.

        Thanks for that

        Heather
        Signature
        Magical Meditations 4 Kids
        Take control of your stress in Just Ten Minutes
        from, Psychotherapist/Hypnotherapist & Blogger at
        HeatherBestel.com
        Follow me on twitter
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
    Utd 1 - Celtic 0 as I type this...

    C'mon Bev.. record the footie?????.... purrrrleeeeeeeeezz

    Second half's kickin off..

    Laters...

    O yeah, err... must iPlayer that show John...

    Peace

    Jay
    Signature

    Bare Murkage.........

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
    Update..

    Man Utd 2 - Celtic 0

    Berbatov - 2
    Signature

    Bare Murkage.........

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
      For a minute there I thought this was a marketing forum

      Hey ho, if you can't beat 'em!

      All Over the Shop 1 - Football 0

      All the players should be pleased the way they played and can't complain with the result. It was definitely a game of two halves, the first one being a bit shaky with the home teams making lots of mistakes, often losing possession in their own half. Most of the time, you wouldn't know Toyshop was even playing he was that quiet, no wonder he never got the deliveries he wanted. Petshop was certainly looking past her prime and obviously couldn't keep up with the new boys. As for Brideshop, well she's just a crying shame - what a waste of talent.

      Burchie Boy gave 'em a good talking to at the break and they all came out displaying the passion you'd expect from someone in their position. They set their stalls out good and proper and simply said, "Bring it on!"

      All of them should be proud of themselves. They all done good and at the end of the day the best team won.

      Result!

      Peter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191132].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
        Originally Posted by Peter Bestel View Post

        All Over the Shop 1 - Football 0

        All the players should be pleased the way they played and can't complain with the result. It was definitely a game of two halves, the first one being a bit shaky with the home teams making lots of mistakes, often losing possession in their own half. Most of the time, you wouldn't know Toyshop was even playing he was that quiet, no wonder he never got the deliveries he wanted. Petshop was certainly looking past her prime and obviously couldn't keep up with the new boys. As for Brideshop, well she's just a crying shame - what a waste of talent.

        Burchie Boy gave 'em a good talking to at the break and they all came out displaying the passion you'd expect from someone in their position. They set their stalls out good and proper and simply said, "Bring it on!"

        All of them should be proud of themselves. They all done good and at the end of the day the best team won.

        Result!
        lmao at this... classic

        Peace

        Jay
        Signature

        Bare Murkage.........

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naonline
      Originally Posted by JayXtreme View Post

      Update..

      Man Utd 2 - Celtic 0

      Berbatov - 2
      Thanks Jay, I was just about to watch highlights!!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jean Morgan
    Missed it. Too busy watching the footie!

    Maybe next time

    Jean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trieu
    I missed it. Is it on youtube or iplayer?
    Signature

    ======================================
    "$100 On eBay with just 10 Minutes Work! {120+ copies SOLD}"

    ======================================
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    If you're a footie fan (although goodness knows why
    you would support anyone other than Everton) you
    can catch up with the BBC iPlayer:
    BBC iPlayer - All Over The Shop: Cardiff

    John
    Signature
    John's Internet Marketing News, Views & Reviews: John Taylor Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Bestel
      Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

      If you're a footie fan (although goodness knows why
      you would support anyone other than Everton) you
      can catch up with the BBC iPlayer:
      BBC iPlayer - All Over The Shop: Cardiff

      John
      John,

      Despite all your faults and being responsible for all the world's woes, in my eyes you have been redeemed.

      A fellow toffee! Well I'll be..

      Peter

      P.S. I didn't realise that a previous "Separated at Birth" photo I did was quite so relevant:


      ..Walter Smith ... John Taylor
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191404].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Tunnah
        Originally Posted by Peter Bestel View Post

        John,

        Despite all your faults and being responsible for all the world's woes, in my eyes you have been redeemed.

        A fellow toffee! Well I'll be..

        Peter

        P.S. I didn't realise that a previous "Separated at Birth" photo I did was quite so relevant:


        ..Walter Smith ... John Taylor
        Oh dear....this thread was looking so good! []

        Rich
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193225].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jean Morgan
      Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

      If you're a footie fan (although goodness knows why
      you would support anyone other than Everton)

      John
      After tonight I wonder why we gave you Joleon for such a pittance. We need him back!

      Jean
      Wolves supporter for over 40 years
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diana Lane
    Bristol Rovers 2, Oldham Athletic 0 (yay! )

    I didn't have time to watch 'All Over The Shop' earlier (or any football, *sob), but caught it just now on iPlayer. Thanks for posting about it, I'd have missed it otherwise.

    I thought that some of the best ideas were for the toy and coffee shop owner (although some of the things he'd neglected were blindingly obvious - the box of leaflets behind the counter that he'd had printed but never delivered, for example). My favourite was the pet shop lady though. I love gumption and enthusiam, and thought she had it in buckletloads. I can imagine her building on what she learnt from taking part in the programme and coming up with plenty of ideas of her own. She almost seemed to get a new lease of life along with her shop.

    I don't watch much TV, but thought Geoff Burch really lit those businesses up, particularly since he didn't have much more than five minutes airtime with each to describe all the faults and outline the solutions. I'll try to make a point of watching next week, as he definitely has a knack for taking the outdated or mundane and helping to make it something much more appealling.

    They could do with his touch at Bristol Rovers' outdated football stadium, since it doesn't look like we're about to get a new one now. Then again, he might stand on the last blade of grass we've got left on the pitch, and we'd have nothing to trip the opposition up with anymore
    Signature

    Plot short fiction, long fiction, even outline non-fiction * Edit the question prompts to suit your genre * Easily export text and image files for use with your word processor or Scrivener.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[191924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Burke
      Hi everyone

      For anyone wanting to see that program BBC has an iplayer that allows you to see 'missed' programmes.

      Just go to bbc.co.uk and hit iplayer.

      it will come up with 'yesterdays' programmes and hey presto you can watch it after all!!

      Regards


      Pete
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[192621].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by earlgreyone View Post

        Hi everyone

        For anyone wanting to see that program BBC has an iplayer that allows you to see 'missed' programmes.

        Just go to bbc.co.uk and hit iplayer.

        it will come up with 'yesterdays' programmes and hey presto you can watch it after all!!

        Regards


        Pete
        Thanks Pete.
        Doubt I'll have time to watch it though.
        There's more footy on tonight.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diana Lane
    I'm not sure people outside of the UK can watch iPlayer - I think it's a British broadcasting licensing thing.

    After reading Pete's review of the programme, I half-expected one of the shop-keepers to snag a last-minute sale while a commentator screamed wildly 'They think it's All Over The Shop - it is now!'
    Signature

    Plot short fiction, long fiction, even outline non-fiction * Edit the question prompts to suit your genre * Easily export text and image files for use with your word processor or Scrivener.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by astracadia View Post

      I'm not sure people outside of the UK can watch iPlayer - I think it's a British broadcasting licensing thing.
      You're correct. There's a few audio and video services I can't get here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193166].message }}

Trending Topics