Making A Killing on Clickbank

54 replies
Honestly, is there anyone here who's making a killing on clickbank with a simple landing page, 1 product and adwords advertising.

Lately, I haven't seen anything good about adwords. Just trying to see if it's still worth it. I've tested weight loss products with no luck. Maybe I need another niche.
#clickbank #killing #making
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
    I have been using clickbank for about a year now and haven't had one sale. I don't get huge amounts of traffic either only around 100 unique hits a day. I'm guessing as I build more content and get more traffic I'll start to see some stuff from Clickbank happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193605].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sparrow
      Are you selling your product or using it as an affiliate, sounds to me if your getting 100 uniques per day

      You could do a lot more to convert the people with a little testing

      Ed


      Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

      I have been using clickbank for about a year now and haven't had one sale. I don't get huge amounts of traffic either only around 100 unique hits a day. I'm guessing as I build more content and get more traffic I'll start to see some stuff from Clickbank happen.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193622].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
        Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

        Are you selling your product or using it as an affiliate, sounds to me if your getting 100 uniques per day

        You could do a lot more to convert the people with a little testing

        Ed
        I'm selling products as a affiliate and my niche is Hypnosis. I recently just made it to the front page for the Keyword "Hypnosis Blog" I have one of the best blogs on hypnosis as I have been told by many people, but I can never seem to get any sales. I have recently changed my template to a more professional look as well.

        Btw, nice to meet you as I'm new here, great site!

        Joshua Houghton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193640].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adam Kenzington
          Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

          I'm selling products as a affiliate and my niche is Hypnosis. I recently just made it to the front page for the Keyword "Hypnosis Blog" I have one of the best blogs on hypnosis as I have been told by many people, but I can never seem to get any sales. I have recently changed my template to a more professional look.
          Hey Joshua,
          Hypnosis is a field I've studied for a long while, myself. I go more for Influence & Persuasion, Covert Hypnosis, etc...

          I looked at your site, and it needs an overhaul. Get rid of all the ways people are invited to leave your site through the links you have there. Don't spend all your time/money getting visitors to your site, just to send them away (for a few pennies a click) so someone else can sell them. Your copy is so boring (not to be insulting, here) that your reader's mind will wander, and they will click off to something else.

          Your product review pages are written in a dry, technical way, with lots of features, but you are not telling your reader about any of the "Benefits" they get from owning the product.

          Don't explain the Elman Induction. Tell them the benefit of having the Elman Induction in their arsenal of of laser-targeted tools that will have people going into trance so fast you may have to "catch them" because they will be dropping into a trance state while still standing on their feet! (a not very well thought out example, just off the top of my head, but, do you see the difference?).

          Most of the copy is "Sean does this", "Sean will show you", "He starts by...". Make it more about the reader. "You will learn...", "You will easily...", "With the knowledge you gain from this course, you will be able to...". Make it about what it will do for your reader. And that's spelled BENEFITS!

          You already know: To be able to influence anyone you must be able to CAPTURE AND LEAD their IMAGINATION.

          Whatever you can get a person to IMAGINE is perceived by them as BEING THEIR OWN THOUGHT and therefore they DO NOT RESIST IT. (Kenzington 101)

          You know this stuff. Use it in your copy. Use this to your advantage.

          Your copy is so dry, I was going into trance, old style. (You are getting sleepy...Your eyes are getting heavy...) Not what you want .

          The pages are visually boring.

          Use some "Bullet Points", create curiosity. Make your prospect WANT to know these secrets so much that they won't be able to keep their wallets in their pants!

          Are you getting the idea? PM me and I'll give you some specifics.

          There are a few other programs I know of in this niche that I'll turn you on to. If nothing else, you can go look at their sales pages and see how it's done properly.

          I hope this helps,

          Adam Kenzington
          Signature

          "I can" is much more important than I.Q.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194591].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
            Originally Posted by Adam Kenzington View Post

            Hey Joshua,
            Hypnosis is a field I've studied for a long while, myself. I go more for Influence & Persuasion, Covert Hypnosis, etc...

            I looked at your site, and it needs an overhaul. Get rid of all the ways people are invited to leave your site through the links you have there. Don't spend all your time/money getting visitors to your site, just to send them away (for a few pennies a click) so someone else can sell them. Your copy is so boring (not to be insulting, here) that your reader's mind will wander, and they will click off to something else.

            Your product review pages are written in a dry, technical way, with lots of features, but you are not telling your reader about any of the "Benefits" they get from owning the product.

            Don't explain the Elman Induction. Tell them the benefit of having the Elman Induction in their arsenal of of laser-targeted tools that will have people going into trance so fast you may have to "catch them" because they will be dropping into a trance state while still standing on their feet! (a not very well thought out example, just off the top of my head, but, do you see the difference?).

            Most of the copy is "Sean does this", "Sean will show you", "He starts by...". Make it more about the reader. "You will learn...", "You will easily...", "With the knowledge you gain from this course, you will be able to...". Make it about what it will do for your reader. And that's spelled BENEFITS!

            You already know: To be able to influence anyone you must be able to CAPTURE AND LEAD their IMAGINATION.

            Whatever you can get a person to IMAGINE is perceived by them as BEING THEIR OWN THOUGHT and therefore they DO NOT RESIST IT. (Kenzington 101)

            You know this stuff. Use it in your copy. Use this to your advantage.

            Your copy is so dry, I was going into trance, old style. (You are getting sleepy...Your eyes are getting heavy...) Not what you want .

            The pages are visually boring.

            Use some "Bullet Points", create curiosity. Make your prospect WANT to know these secrets so much that they won't be able to keep their wallets in their pants!

            Are you getting the idea? PM me and I'll give you some specifics.

            There are a few other programs I know of in this niche that I'll turn you on to. If nothing else, you can go look at their sales pages and see how it's done properly.

            I hope this helps,

            Adam Kenzington
            This is why i'm glad I found this forum because I never even knew what I was doing was copy. In my mind I was just reviewing it and placing a link at the end hoping they would buy. Wow, I have a lot to learn, but what you say makes complete sense. I guess I never thought about it in this way because I was so focused on providing good content. One thing is for sure I get plenty of compliements, but as I see compliments dont lead to sales.

            Hopefully with continued help and some hard work on my part i'll be able to report my first payday. Oh and about adsense I only get about one click a day anyway so get rid of it than?

            Josh
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194665].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris_King
        I'm doing okay on CB, consistent sales, but I wouldn't say a killing. It sounds like you need to try some other tactics. Make sure you are doing adequate amounts of research in your niche so that you can connect with your target audience.

        I think a lot of people make the mistake of promoting only the most popular products on CB. While these can be profitable if marketed correctly, I have found a lot of gems deep in the clickbank marketplace. Even some products with very low gravity can convert well if you sep up a good presell. They will convert even better if you can bypass their sales copy altogether and go straight from your affiliate page to the CB checkout page.

        SHAMELESS SELF-PLUG: I just added multiple products to sell on Clickbank that have excellent copy and convert well in pre-clickbank tests. Take a look at my signature. It never hurts to try new products/markets.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193651].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Money on the Side
      Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

      I have been using clickbank for about a year now and haven't had one sale. I don't get huge amounts of traffic either only around 100 unique hits a day. I'm guessing as I build more content and get more traffic I'll start to see some stuff from Clickbank happen.
      WTF??? 100 a day and no sales??

      You better send us a link because there has got to be something obvious
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bearded
    100 hits a day for a year and no sales? Wow...wow. wow.

    wow.

    Time to find a new product to promote.

    Seriously.

    That's 36,500 hits. Even at a .5% conversion rate (which is very low), you should've had close to 200 sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
      Originally Posted by Bearded View Post

      100 hits a day for a year and no sales? Wow...wow. wow.

      wow.

      Time to find a new product to promote.

      Seriously.

      That's 36,500 hits. Even at a .5% conversion rate (which is very low), you should've had close to 200 sales.
      yeah Hypnosis is actually a huge field because it also involved the whole personal development and self improvement field. My friend makes $700 to $800 a month off of sales and his blog doesn't get as much traffic as mine. My blog is considered by many in the business to be one of the best. The funny thing is we market the same products and I have tested many different ways.

      I have looked into some other products, but clickbank only has like 3 decent hypnosis related items. The others are crap and I would never recommend them. I agree with you a 100 percent. I should get some type of conversion. I run clickbank, adsense, affialite programs and amazon and nothing. Someone once told me it was my placement, but he never went into detail. Anyone who wants to check out my page real quick and see if they notice a problem I would be thankful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193677].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193722].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jame58rown
          Hypnosis - a hundreds hits a day and no sales Maybe you should put them to sleep after they have paid
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193732].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sean Donahoe
            Originally Posted by jame58rown View Post

            Hypnosis - a hundreds hits a day and no sales Maybe you should put them to sleep after they have paid
            Cheers, that had me spit my coffee on my monitor laughing....! Funny stuff..

            One comment I would make is be more like an internet marketer and less like a blogger. You could, for example, create a simple report and give it away free for signing up for the newsletter and then promote directly to that list.

            Yaro Starak has a great blog over at entrepreneurs-journey.com and is the perfect example of an amalgamation of internet marketing and blogging kicking back 10-20k a month. See how he focuses on the marketing side but still gives high priority to the content first. If you could apply similar methodologies I am sure you can turn a profit here.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194243].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
          Originally Posted by alexa_s View Post

          IMO:-

          - It's a rather cluttered page with a confusing layout and far too many different things to click on (as Seth Godin would say: "Where's the banana?!")

          - This little window at the top-left which rotates round the 5 articles moves much too quickly; no possibility of reading even half of what's in the window before it moves on to the next one

          - Some of the things are a little "obvious" (do you really to spell out expressly that erectile dysfunction is "a male sexual problem" and things like this?)

          - You're providing a million ways for people to leave the page rather than staying there (espcecially by having Adsense on the page in addition to everything else! What's that about?)

          - All this stuff like the "see where our visitors come from" thingy - do you actually need this stuff?

          - The 'blogroll' down the middle of the page has some interesting things on it, but is that what you want people clicking on?
          Wow, thanks for your great feedback, but I was wondering what you meant by providing a million ways for people to leave the page rather than staying there. Sorry new to this whole thing I see your point on the rotating articles. Luckily I can change that.

          The adsense is just my attempt to make money on my blog as I'm trying to turn it into a money producer one day. So in your opinion I should leave it off the front page? Thanks for the feedback and for the middle area where my links are. Are you saying that is where I should put some of the other stuff instead like my recommended products or etc? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I really want to learn. Thank you for your help
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193734].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193894].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
              Thanks for breaking that stuff down for me. You may be new as well but you process something I don't have which is a outside persecptive. I'm so close to my blog and I spend hours a day working on it because its my life, but I also want to make some good money from it. So your view point is very insightful to me. I completely see what you are saying about people leaving my site. If they do click on a link to leave I need to make sure its my own or something I can make money off.

              Thanks for your help, is their a place on these forums where I can create a thread to track the updates on my blog and ask for help if needed. I feel bad cause this thread was about clickbank and woul dlike to place a thread in a more suitable area. So many forums here not sure where to go

              Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193943].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
        You may want to change the positioning of you product to target a solution for a problem a large group of people have - for example, weight loss.

        Can you try your method with a few people and watch what happens over the next 10-30 days - if you can get a case study or two where your hypnosis methods work to allow your audience to actually achieve an OUTCOME, then you will see sales.

        Remember - we market the outcome people want from a technique, system or information - not the system itself.

        Jeff

        Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

        yeah Hypnosis is actually a huge field because it also involved the whole personal development and self improvement field. My friend makes $700 to $800 a month off of sales and his blog doesn't get as much traffic as mine. My blog is considered by many in the business to be one of the best. The funny thing is we market the same products and I have tested many different ways.

        I have looked into some other products, but clickbank only has like 3 decent hypnosis related items. The others are crap and I would never recommend them. I agree with you a 100 percent. I should get some type of conversion. I run clickbank, adsense, affialite programs and amazon and nothing. Someone once told me it was my placement, but he never went into detail. Anyone who wants to check out my page real quick and see if they notice a problem I would be thankful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193737].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
        Joshua - I'd recommend comparing your friend's site to yours and asking yourself what's different etc - and also comparing them using the great advice others have given you here.
        --Jack

        Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

        yeah Hypnosis is actually a huge field because it also involved the whole personal development and self improvement field. My friend makes $700 to $800 a month off of sales and his blog doesn't get as much traffic as mine. My blog is considered by many in the business to be one of the best. The funny thing is we market the same products and I have tested many different ways.
        Signature
        Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
        Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194752].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kf
        Since your blog is respected and you've reviewed all the products available, why not have a review area on your blog where you can rate each of the products available.

        Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post


        I have looked into some other products, but clickbank only has like 3 decent hypnosis related items. The others are crap and I would never recommend them.
        Signature
        Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything. ~ Alexander Hamilton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194842].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
          Yeah I have compared my friends blog to mine and I even did the same thing he was doing which was one ad in the sidebar. Thats all and he was making a killing and I get way more hits. I know a lot about the law of attraction and I stay positve with my blog and focus on what I want. My goal with it has always been to provide value, but the way I look at is why can't i make a little money off of value as well.

          I do have a review section on my site. Its on the main navigation bar. I provide so much content yet i can never covert. From reading everyone reponse its my copy that need works even though I never knew that is what my writing was called. I get compliments all the time on my articles so I never thought their was a problem, but I am realizing writing a good article and writing good copy is to different things. One is to provide knowledge while the other to covert a sale. Did I get that right?

          Before I got involved in this field which wasn't long ago my goal was to provide content and value as many bloggers say you should and than I would place some affiliate links on my blog, but nothing ever happens. I have got a lot of great feedback here and I have already started to apply it. The template issues arne't hard to fix, but the ad copy part will be harder. Luckily I have already met some great people here willing to help me out. This community is the best.

          I'm putting together everyone advice into a action plan now. Its strange because I always thought if you provide value people would click on your affiliate links, but that isn't how this works. Learning a lot and plan to be here for a long time. When I get my first affiliate sale i'm buying everyone here the best campagin $50.00 bucks can buy

          I know money can be made in my market and my blog has so much potential as it is some of the best hypnosis content on the web without a doubt. I'm close I can taste it. Well at least look at it
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anonymous123567
    i'm not making a killing but i'm only using one page, $400+ after two weeks, it can be done my friend
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193727].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bujuk
      Originally Posted by alexshelton View Post

      i'm not making a killing but i'm only using one page, $400+ after two weeks, it can be done my friend
      Alex, can you be more specific on your approach.

      I'm still confuse the best method to follow. as for now I know that landing page is the best approach, rather than sending the visitor directly to the affiliate sale page.

      however I'm bit confuse on what to do next. from our landing page do we send the visitor directly to the checkout page or do we send the potential customer to the affiliate sale page.

      any idea where I can learn how to create the best landing page ?

      thanks in advance
      Signature
      “Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.”
      - Salvador Dalí
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flnz400
    Yeah, you need to work on targeting.

    Obviously you won't be pulling tails through the homepage, so I have no idea what your long tail funnel structure looks like, but there's no target for the info it seems, let alone the offers.

    Who are you catering to? Way to broad for a prospect on one single page.

    What I'm getting at is prospects who are looking FOR HELP utilizing hypnosis will have vastly different triggers than those who are looking to PERFORM hypnosis. One is a solution to a problem, the other is business oriented (both are needs, but you get what I'm saying).

    From a 5 second glance, your site seems to cater to both. Doesn't work that way depending on mode of entry.

    Find the issues your info will help with.

    Make those into CLEAR categories and clearly laid out on the homepage so visitors can select information based on their needs..

    Get rid of that blogroll and scrolling article whatever...maybe a different theme altogether.

    This is my preference, but I would do a second WP install on a subfolder for master hyno courses, info, etc.... for people who want to learn how to offer hypno, perform, etc... Do some keyword research and utilize the terms people use to find those courses, info, and such as your folders.

    Make offers through your newsletter rather than all over the place. For instance, with this particular theme, utilize the image add in the top right (weight whatever) with a compelling reason to opt in. Now offer some useful info along with whatever that add was for in your newsletter.

    Same effect, if not better, and cleans up your offers quite a bit.

    Less is more for people who don't know what they're looking at, i.e. visitors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193741].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
      WHOA!!!! I see why this forum is the place to be. You guys and gals have given me a lot to think about. I already went and made a few changes such as slowing down the scroll, getting rid of the adsense on the front page and moving my blogroll where its not so easy to leave. I may just remove it as what you said makes tons of sense. Ghee I feel dumb, but in figuring out stuff sort of way. I like the idea of creating a second blog that deals with the training and etc.

      The most interesting thing you got me thinking about is the whole people looking to perform hypnosis and people looking to benefit. Technically this blog was designed to educate hypnotists or people looking to become hypnotists as the hypnosis profession is like the real estate investing profession which I'm in as well. Hypnotists are always looking for more information on how to work with a issue, what issues can help with hypnosis, training and etc. That was my goal, but if you guys are thinking its catering to two different fields than I have not make my intent to clear on my blog and I can see how that would be a problem. As the goal was for the hypnotist. Of course, I get some normal people once in a while who just want to learn about hypnosis, but after looking at the site I can show it make be very broad and not really spell out who this site is for. Hmmmm, my brain is spinning.

      Yeah this template is brand new as the last one I had was Mandingo. It took me over a week to get this run up and running. I have been getting good feedback overall on the template, but I will look into making another change if you guys think its best. Thank you again for this info and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot being here. Thank You
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[193765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
      Originally Posted by flnz400 View Post

      Yeah, you need to work on targeting.

      I have no idea what your long tail funnel structure looks like,
      Where do people come up with this stuff? That's a new one on me, seems like something to do with long tail keywords. But either way, I think your blog is excellent but in terms of making money, people are right:

      You need to focus on a particular audience, a particular type of hynosis and you need to start preselling people more on products.

      Here's what I would do. I'd create a pop up that hits people when they arrive on the page and when they leave. In the pop up, offer something of value like a free book, free course or something similar, in exchange for their name and email address.

      Then start sending out portions of advice to the list, biulding a relationship and preselling other products.

      Better still, whack a survey up as well, asking people what they are looking for, what their problems and fears are and offer free consultations.

      The result of all this will provide you with a snapshot of your audience and what sort of products or services you can effectively sell to them (you could even create custom products that fit in with their demands...don't just rely on being an affiliate).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195874].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
        You can make good money from Adwords and affiliate or your own products.

        The 3 rules I follow are:

        1. Make sure you have VERY targeted keyphrases.

        2. Make sure your site is VERY targeted to the keyphrases you are using.

        3. Rinse and repeat.

        Just my 2 pence!

        All the best

        Chris
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195891].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Lots of good advice here (and some not so good) - but there's one question I would ask before anything else....

        If your friend's blog looks like yours and is outselling yours though you have more traffic - that tells me he is better at getting TARGETED traffic. He is attracting DBO (desperate buyers only) and you may be targeting a more general type of visitor.

        If you open your own blog and your friend's blog and display them side by side in your browser - what differences do you see? Start with just looking at them as a whole - does his look simpler (cleaner)?

        The "cluttered" that I see is a lot of different background shadings and dark title lines and links that take attention away from your text.

        If the blogs are indeed truly similar in appearance - his traffic is better targeted.

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I'm going to work on being less condescending
        (Condescending means to talk down to people)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195920].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
          Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

          Lots of good advice here (and some not so good) - but there's one question I would ask before anything else....

          If your friend's blog looks like yours and is outselling yours though you have more traffic - that tells me he is better at getting TARGETED traffic. He is attracting DBO (desperate buyers only) and you may be targeting a more general type of visitor.

          If you open your own blog and your friend's blog and display them side by side in your browser - what differences do you see? Start with just looking at them as a whole - does his look simpler (cleaner)?

          The "cluttered" that I see is a lot of different background shadings and dark title lines and links that take attention away from your text.

          If the blogs are indeed truly similar in appearance - his traffic is better targeted.

          kay
          His blog doesn't look like mine but we market the same people. He placed a ad on his sidebar as I did before and no sales for me, tons for him. Here is here blog so you guys can compare. keystothemind.blogspot.com He tends to write about conversational hypnosis/covert hypnosis and street hypnosis, but he also talks about general stuff too.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195929].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
        Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post

        Where do people come up with this stuff? That's a new one on me, seems like something to do with long tail keywords. But either way, I think your blog is excellent but in terms of making money, people are right:

        You need to focus on a particular audience, a particular type of hynosis and you need to start preselling people more on products.

        Here's what I would do. I'd create a pop up that hits people when they arrive on the page and when they leave. In the pop up, offer something of value like a free book, free course or something similar, in exchange for their name and email address.

        Then start sending out portions of advice to the list, biulding a relationship and preselling other products.

        Better still, whack a survey up as well, asking people what they are looking for, what their problems and fears are and offer free consultations.

        The result of all this will provide you with a snapshot of your audience and what sort of products or services you can effectively sell to them (you could even create custom products that fit in with their demands...don't just rely on being an affiliate).
        Thank you for the compliment and the advice. As you can see i'm suffering from information overload, but I'm maintaining. I like the idea of the taking a poll. Is there a good plugin to allow me to do this? I just changed the way my newsletter widget looks. Check it out and let me know what you think. I have changed a lot in the last few moments. In attempt to make less confusing and etc. Is it starting to look better now?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bai_Mike
    Woah, no sales? Don't give up. What I did was to write a lot of ezine articles that linked to a blog page to get my first sales. And picked a hot making up niche. Niche matters
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charles Boustany
    Joshua

    I do agree with most of the above and as a visitor i tried to see what its all about i spent 15 seconds looking for a button to ask me to buy or a call to action it must be there but could not find it
    Also agree too much on one page maybe you should split all those into individual pages with individual URL concentrating on one product and see what happened

    Just a thought
    Hope it will help

    Charles
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194228].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James Foster
      Have you tried a different keyword? I believe I read you ranked in 'hypnosis blog' - I haven't looked into any research on it or anything, but I would be willing to bet that there a decent amount of freebie seekers in that mix. If i were you I would consider a longer tail keyword that is more targeted to buying instead of just information.

      Try to target DBO - Desperate Buyers Only
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mbealmear
    How good is the sales page....it might not be the hits you are getting it might be that the sales page just cant convert well.
    Does the sales page look like somethin you would buy from? If not then that is probably your answer.
    I ahve had a lot of success with clickbank product so...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sylvestor
    I have yet to use adwords, lately all I see is hype about one program or another that has 'cracked the code' or gets free clicks etc. I have ordered a couple of these and learnt other ways of driving free traffic to my sites. If you find you are losing money on adwords try one or two of these products/learn these other methods. Eg. blogging, squidoo, forums, articles, traffic exchange, content relevance etc.
    Signature

    Find out how to make $5000 per week working from home part-time. Easy and reliable source of income! Visit: http://www.workfromhomesuccessreviews.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Talltom1
    Don't want to hijack Iamtherenow's thread, but regarding Clickbank hops - are those the same thing as the number of hits to my landing page? So during the past two days Clickbank is reporting 125 hops to my clickbank landing page. My web analytics is reporting zero hits for that page (there's no other source of traffic for that page).

    I'm still trying to figure this one out....Just call me Clueless.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194368].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
      Wow, please keep the feedback coming as I'm learning a lot. Now as far as a buy now button or call to action there isn't one because I never thought about putting one on the site. I usually just place the links and leave them on the site. So you are saying somewhere I should have a button or call to action? I guess I don't get what you mean on that part. Do you mean on each page where I'm recommending a product?

      Yeah I recently found Yaro blog and that is what got me started on this new journey. My blog looked 1000 times different and I started to change it based on stuff I read on his blog such as having my newsletter sign in above the fold. A rss feed that can be seen, advertising ads for sale, writing reviews and I even spent 1 week transferring everything to this new blog template as the last one was mandingo.

      I have made a few changes such as removing the link bar, moving recommended products to the middle bar, removing adsense from home page and reducing the number of post that show on the first page.

      My recommended product section is based off a steve pavilina design where he gives a review and than the link to purchase.

      So should I start telling people to click the links? Still confused on this method.

      Btw, I'm already working on a free report to start giving away when people sign up for my newsletter.

      Thanks

      JOsh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194416].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adam Kenzington
        Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

        So you are saying somewhere I should have a button or call to action? I guess I don't get what you mean on that part. Do you mean on each page where I'm recommending a product?

        So should I start telling people to click the links? Still confused on this method.JOsh
        Hell Yes! People are sheep (present company excluded, of course ) They may not be smart enough to figure it out on their own. (especially on your site, where they have to search for the link to Amazon's sales page.

        Every place where there is an offer to buy, every page, have a strong "Call to Action" and leave no doubt in your prospect's mind as to what they are supposed to do next.

        Your conversions will explode when you tell people what you want them to do, NOW.

        Always be clear about what the next step is.

        The 3 Step Rule to Sales:

        1. Tell them what you've got.
        2. Tell them what it will do for them.
        3. Tell them what you want them to do next.

        Get a few simple graphics on your pages. Stuff like "Arrows" that point to your "Buy Now" button. Little things that will break the monotony of your current pages. You don't need much, but a little eye candy will definately boost readability.

        Breaking the copy up into shorter paragraphs will improve the ease of readability, too. Long block of copy appear much more formidable to conquer. Give it to them in bite-size chunks.

        You'll get there. Your about to make some sales!

        Later,

        Adam
        Signature

        "I can" is much more important than I.Q.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cash37
    I agree with whoever said target DBO. Desperate keywords, you wont make a killing, but you can make some steady coin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
      Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

      I agree with whoever said target DBO. Desperate keywords, you wont make a killing, but you can make some steady coin.
      Do you mean find DBO for hypnosis? or create a new blog targeting DBO? The reason I do hypnosis is because I know a lot about it. Would creating a blog for DBO work as well since I have no real knowledge in that field. I also heard mention of aiming my keywords toward that and a longer tail keyword or something? What does that mean? I'm not sure what keywords I could use for hypnosis DBO as one of my keywords I'm going after is "Hypnosis Training" but I'm nowhere close to getting that one yet.

      Josh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194486].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cash37
        Originally Posted by Joshua Houghton View Post

        Do you mean find DBO for hypnosis? or create a new blog targeting DBO? The reason I do hypnosis is because I know a lot about it. Would creating a blog for DBO work as well since I have no real knowledge in that field. I also heard mention of aiming my keywords toward that and a longer tail keyword or something? What does that mean? I'm not sure what keywords I could use for hypnosis DBO as one of my keywords I'm going after is "Hypnosis Training" but I'm nowhere close to getting that one yet.

        Josh
        If I typed in that keyword, I could very likely be looking for free info.

        Think about:

        how to hypnotise a woman
        how to hypnotize a woman
        how to hypnotise people
        how to hypnotize people

        etc etc and yes, make blog posts with the misspells too

        Your welcome (this is usually a $30 ebook for that kind of info)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Money on the Side
    Originally Posted by Iamnotherenow View Post

    Honestly, is there anyone here who's making a killing on clickbank with a simple landing page, 1 product and adwords advertising.

    Lately, I haven't seen anything good about adwords. Just trying to see if it's still worth it. I've tested weight loss products with no luck. Maybe I need another niche.
    What constitutes a killing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I made 2 sales my first week using click bank and a squidoo blog, sounds like your problem runs a little deeper have you heard of the law of attraction if so maybe you can learn to use it more effectively and if you haven't heard of it there are some good resources you can pick up free on-line

    when I look back at my first efforts on internet marketing its amazing I was able to sell anything to anyone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Bogowski
    'Killing' is relative. When it comes to Adwords the more you spend the more you'll make really. You just need to find good sets of keywords and make sure your return on investment is worth the effort.

    Weight loss is futile in my opinion. The market is so saturated and many of the good keywords will cost you a fortune.

    Just keep testing testing testing. If you can spend $10 on Adwords and make $20 through Clickbank then fine tune your process and repeat it.

    Adwords is a science and it can be an easy way to profit quickly if you know what you're doing with it. If not you can sink lots of money very quickly.

    Good Luck

    Originally Posted by Iamnotherenow View Post

    Honestly, is there anyone here who's making a killing on clickbank with a simple landing page, 1 product and adwords advertising.

    Lately, I haven't seen anything good about adwords. Just trying to see if it's still worth it. I've tested weight loss products with no luck. Maybe I need another niche.
    Signature

    Puppets are people too

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[194901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AnarchyAds
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
      Hey AnarchyAds,

      Hmmmm...Well the first think is I don't have a actually product in the sense of my own. All my site offers is affiliate programs or products I recommend. The regression thing is just a friends product I'm helping to promote. The weight loss cd is also from that same friend. I don' receive any commission from the regression program. He paid me a set price to place the ad up.

      Every product I recommend is one I personally own. As I said I got into the blog world to spread the knowledge of hypnosis. Providing quality content is always my first goal and as you said people tell me all day how good my site is. The problem just seems that no one ever buys the products I recommend. For the record though I don't have my own product or anything.

      My stragety has always been to place my affliate program links within the content. So for instance, you would find all the books I recommend in the recommended book area and there would be all the links for the books I recommend. Same goes for hypnosis training section. One of The main products I'm selling is the Power of Conversational hypnosis as its one of the best couses on the market to learn covert/conversational hypnosis. The skills I have learned through that course are really amazing. In the past I would have to use a direct style of hypnosis which involved a induction and other things, but coversatioanl hypnosis allows me to just talk to the person and while I'm talking to them trance is occuring. I have used this to get discounts on items, meet people and speak to them as If I knew them for ever, the ability to influence and etc.

      If you wanted to buy a course since I don't know what your interested in that would be the one I recommend. His stuff is great for anyone in sales or just wants to learn to be a better communicator and its the only product I really recommend on clickbank beside Kevin Hogan's covert hypnosis. I know him personally and can tell you he is the real deal. My theory has always been if you provide value you will get value in return but as I talk to you all it seems my views may be wrong.

      If you are looking for a course I would recommend the Power of Coversational Hypnosis. You get so much information for such a small price and I know from experience and the thousand of courses I have been through that its worth it. If you want to learn more check out my site and read the review for the power of conversational hypnosis or check out his sales page which I provide links for on my site. Thanks for your compliment AnarchyAds.

      I just woke up so excuse me if my thoughts are no it order.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Meanna Blog
    Maybe your site is too confusing visually ?

    Maybe people don't know how to navigate to what they want??

    Just a thought. Amazing that it's number 1, but what about when people get there?? What do they really think and do?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abhinav42
    "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Raych
      Just to add to a pot that is already boiling: I would like to suggest that you bring focus to this page. As a reader, I am happy when I can determine within the first few seconds of looking at a page what it's about -- 1 main topic, pls. I'm easily confused -- and what's in it for me.

      Lead me through to the other products on other pages with a very simple navigation bar -- if you must. If you'd like me to consider buying your main product off of this landing page, then just don't give me too many other things to consider. Make me buy the main product first, then worry about giving me other topics to consider...perhaps on another page, or even another site.

      I think you have enough material on this one single page to make one entire website! Which is good, because you have your work laid out for you, but difficult for the reader, as there's too much to take in all at once.

      Hope that helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195775].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
        Originally Posted by Raych View Post

        Just to add to a pot that is already boiling: I would like to suggest that you bring focus to this page. As a reader, I am happy when I can determine within the first few seconds of looking at a page what it's about -- 1 main topic, pls. I'm easily confused -- and what's in it for me.

        Lead me through to the other products on other pages with a very simple navigation bar -- if you must. If you'd like me to consider buying your main product off of this landing page, then just don't give me too many other things to consider. Make me buy the main product first, then worry about giving me other topics to consider...perhaps on another page, or even another site.

        I think you have enough material on this one single page to make one entire website! Which is good, because you have your work laid out for you, but difficult for the reader, as there's too much to take in all at once.

        Hope that helps.
        Hey Raych,

        Thanks for the advice. I'm still confused as to what should be on my home page. This is a blog so its set up a certain way, but what i'm confused about is how is it confusing. I have a easy to read navigation bar at the top some articles to read at the bottom and things like my rss feed, newsletter and recommended products in the middle. I really want to know how this could be less confusing as I have already taken tons off of the first page. What would you recommend? Should I only post 4 or 5 articles total on the front page. Should I take the sponsored ads off the page?

        None of these things are my products and I'm not trying to sell one specific product. In honestly my blog was created to provide a resource for hypnotist seeking hypnosis information and training. I recommend a couple of different products which I review under the recommended product section and my review. Sorry if I see confused, but I don't get what else I could do to my homepage? Any advice you could would be great!

        BTw, here is the progress I have made from different comments I have received.


        • I have made the scrolling feature article scroll much slower so people can actually read them.
        • I have got rid of my blogroll list as it provides a exit for people so its gone now.
        • I have moved my recommended product area to the middle sidebar where my blogroll area once was.
        • I have got rid of the map that shows where my vistors are coming from
        • I am thinking of getting rid of adsense as I only make about two clicks a day
        • I have started to redo the way I write some of my reviews and make them more about the reader and less about the author. Such as what they will learn and etc.
        • I am telling people to know buy the recommended products at the end of the reviews.
        • I am working on sometype of free report to offer to my readers to get them to opt in. I currently offer a newsletter, but have only one or two subscribers.
        • I have moved my meta bar and feed bar to the middle bar now to try to make the homepage smoother looking.
        Please check out these changes and let me know what you think?

        Things I still need to understand

        • How I can make my home page of my blog less clutered as I just don't see how it looks clutered. It looks about the same as any of the other popular blog, but maybe i'm too close. Here is a view of how I see the blog... I see a easy to read navigation bar
        • than i see the weight loss cd program that I have a affilate program with.
        • the featured article area which a few of the featured articles are to some of the reviews of products I have affiliate links with.
        • I than see my subscribe to newsletter and rss feed boxes
        • than I see a banner to one of my sponsors on the left under the featured content
        • a couple of more articles underneath the banner because I have always learned good content is the way to gain long term results than I see my recommended product area which features most of my affilitate links.
        As I said I may be to close but interesting in hearing ideas on how to continue to improve the home page. I as many of my readers love the new template, but I'm opening to hearing ideas on other templates or whatever.

        I know with the help of everyone here we can take a blog with a 100 hits a day and make it show a profit.

        Thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author depotgang
    I am starting to do well with Clickbank but this is mostly through my email list. Setting up a site to sell Clickbank products does not work to well. I giveaway stuff and do Adswaps to build my email list. I then keep on top of new Clickbank products and promote them to my list.

    Pretty easy way to make several hundred a day consistently.
    Signature

    The Only Plugin You Need to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Best Part is It Free

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[195942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Houghton
    Okay Everyone,

    I have made some updates to the site and I'm also getting ready to put up a survey to see what people think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[196520].message }}

Trending Topics