I am new to affiliate and online marketing but love the information here...it is outstanding!
A little while back, there was a MASSIVE thread on whether or not to post an article on ones own site or Ezine first. I am not here to start that debate again as that horse was already beaten to death and I have decided that the articles should first be put on my own site based on the great input. I hope that RichJerkNet (James) among others can help as I really valued his insights.
Since that thread is closed, I was more looking for a little help/clarification. Here's the deal.
I am selling a Clickbank product (starting with one and focusing on it before moving on). I have set up a review site on the product on my wordpress blog (Hostgator hosted) which I have optimized (I think . I wrote an article (I will write a lot more) and posted it to my site. I have also setup 3 feeder sites - HubPage, Blogger.com, and Wordpress.com and posted spun versions of the same article there (using The Best Spinner- great progam BTW).
Each of these 3 feeder sites link back to my review site (money site) home page where the review with affiliate links resides and not to the original article on my site. The next thing I did was submit another spun version to Ezine (under review) and ArticleBase (approved and posted). So here are my questions (BTW- from what I read it seems that I do not need to bother spinning as long as I post to my money site first but I figure it can't hurt so long as the articles make sense):
1) What are bookmarking sites? Are Hubpages, Blogger and Wordpress examples? The thread mentioned examples of:
All News, Videos, & Images
Clipmarks - What are you finding on the web?
Home | Propeller
Faves: Sites you'll love, from people like you
Mister Wong | Social Bookmarking Tool
What really the difference between the ones above and a Hubpage or Squidoo Lens?
2) Should I have any links pointing to the 3 feeder sites? Should they link between each other or strictly to my money site?
3) When I post the article to my site first, where should I have anchor links in my article pointing to? Should they link directly to my affiliate link or to my home page with the review on it, or a combo of both?
4) Is it ok to use the same one keyword as the anchor text in the articles for each of the different sites I have set up, or should they be different? There are other keywords in the body of the text, just not anchored.
4) I tried setting up a Squidoo Lens but it won't let me post my topic (which is on health and has a lot of useful content) because it says that my lens has a topic that is banned (stupid considering it is health related but they justify based on too much spam associated with that topic). Anyway around this or is Squidoo becoming a pain and not worth the effort?
Is the order above correct? Any feedback or comments would be great.
I am so grateful in advance for any help. My apologies for the long post- I just could really use some help so I can get th hell out of my cubicle life and as far away from corporate as possible.
Thanks in advance ,