New things I did this week:
- Bought a stock image from Dreamstime that I used to make graphic ads for Google adwords.
- Signed up for Articlesbase (and submitted article of course)
- Installed Google XML Sitemap Generator on my blog.
Things I learned this week:
- WP Cache sucks. At least on my blog it was causing all sort of problems with adding and removing widgets. I would remove widgets in the control panel but they would never leave my blog. Once I turned off WP Cache everything was fine.
- Stumbleupon advertising sucks for my blog. I bought $10 worth of impressions (about 2000 impressions) and nothing converted to a sale that I can see.
- Even if a keyword is expensive, you can still get clicks even if you only bid 20 cents. I have had two clicks for less than 20 cents this week on keywords where google is telling me I should increase my bid to $1.75!
Traffic is still low, but growing. I am putting new content on the blog just about every day and am submitting articles around the web. Still doing things slow at this point to see what works and what doesn't. Google is indexing my stuff and it's showing up in SERPs, but at a low position for now of course.
Total sales so far : 6, just need one more for my commission bump.
Total income : $7.99 (maybe $8 if Amazon rounds up the item that sold yesterday lol).
So I am convinced that this stuff can work, I just need to keep plugging away and playing with what works and what doesn't. Once I start making real money I am definitely going to outsource the initial design of my blogs cause I suck at visual arts.