Dude, Where's Your System?

36 replies
5 Unbreakable Reasons MOST Internet Marketers Will Never-Ever Make Any Money Online, And What You Should Do To Not Be One Of Them!

Reason Number One: System!

Most IMers will never spend their dedicated focus on a proven, simple, automated system/model for earning money. They will drift around from different things, different shiny objects, distraction, spinning their wheels, reacting, dabbling and blaming.

Most IMers will never have even the simplest system fully functional. They will dabble on the brink of a fully functional system, but never follow through all the way to the finish line.

The reasons are plentiful as to why they never focus on one proven system. What are these reasons? An entire book can be written why, and entire careers are built on helping people with these challenges.

Reason Number Two: Traffic!

You want to know why most IMers are terrible at traffic... and why MOST will never get traffic... and without traffic it's pretty hard to make money online... which equals failure. Want to know why?

It's in reason number one above. They never have a fully functional system to send that traffic to. They never get an automated system set up and funcational, to allow themselves the luxury of JUST focusing on traffic. Let's say 90% of their time could be spent on JUST driving traffic... and they'd make money... lots of it eventually... but that never happens because they are still reacting, bouncing around, distracting themselves and STILL (even 10 years later for many) dont have a system set up all the way.

I mean, if you have a half-ass system set up, that was just tossed up online, to see if it sticks against the wall, you're surely not going to focus your 90% on traffic. Let me put it this way, how on Earth could you fail if you spent most of your time and focus on traffic?

Actually, let me put it in an even different way... how could you fail if you focused all your focus on traffic for the next year? It would be better than bouncing around for the next 10 years never earning anything worthy of making a financial dent in your bank account.

...Moving on

Reason Number 3: Technical

This is not that big of a reason, but it is reason enough to include here. Most want money from the Internet but are not willing to either A) learn technical stuff or B) pay someone to do it for them. Therefore, well, this is an easy one and does not require much insight from me.

Reason Number 4: Conversions & Persuasion

The reason I put persuasion is because that's how I think about the art of crafting killer offers. Pound the word "offers" into your brain. Offers are what make the world go round, and offers are what sell. Sure, copywriting is important, but if you have a killer offer, copywriting is not as important. I could have the worst salesletter and webpage in the world, but if my offer is the best in the world, I'll make a bunch of money promoting it.

BUT --- most will never get that far... most will never know copywriting... or focus on increasing their conversions... because they are still not there yet in the steps! You see, if you have tried selling a "copywriting" product and it did not sell well, it's because most in the market are not that far yet. They are still not even to the traffic stage. However, if you focused 90% of your effort on traffic (from above), you better believe you'd start then focusing on conversions. Just trust me on that one.

What does the market want and need? Craft a killer offer for giving it to them. Holla'

Reason Number 5: This one might sting a little.

First, let me say that if you ignore this one, or discount it off as Personal Development mumbo jumbo, then I'm here to tell you that is a HUGE FREAKING MISTAKE.

Number five reason is the biggest one of all, and it should be listed as number one. I personally think it is the number one reason people fail. And, if you made it your mission to fix this problem, or master it, or change it within you, you'd make more than you ever dreamed possible. Seriously.

I've seen it enough in so many people now, that is it undeniably the main reason. It is self-confidence. Yep. You've heard about it, you've learned about it, but do you realize how self-confidence starves your dreams away?

Let me put it this way... if you have low self-confidence (even subconsiously without realizing it)... you will not:

set up a system
drive traffic
focus on conversions
promote
ask for JV promos
ask for anything
work hard
and so on...

Plus, if self confidence is lacking, you WILL:

distract yourself
bounce around
sabotage things
blame others
blame everything
want it done for you
look for magic buttons
seek significance (ego) which cripples everything
and so on...

Everyone battles self-confidence. You are not the only one. But, every millionaire I know has built up their self-confidence to implement things fully... and that's why they do the things they do. They get blasted, but still keep on trucking along. For many newbies, one blast... or one hate email from a subscriber, and they are toast.

For me, I used my books, audios, videos, friends and mentors to cling to... and I mean CLING TO... to build and boost my self confidence. If I ever felt low in that area, I simply listened to Brain Tracy, Tony Robbins, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, etc etc etc.

You can quickly go over to youtube and get your fix of self confidence boost. But, to ignore this as PD mumbo jumbo is a bad idea. It's a costly idea. Boost your self-confidence, and the income will explode for you!

This concludes Louviere Laws Of Internet Marketing Trillions. lol

Respectfully,

Eric Louviere
#dude #system
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258914].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NicheMayhem
      Superb post!

      Success favors the bold, the bold don't whine they get off their a$$ and make it happen. If I was to describe a person I felt was bold without using the word bold, I would say they were very self-confident.

      READ IT, REMEMBER IT, IMPLEMENT IT...or leave all the money to people like me...your choice.
      Signature
      Whether you think you can, or think you can't, YOU'RE RIGHT!! <~~Henry Ford

      Check out my video gigs on fiverr!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    LOL... trillions... great post Eric.

    All successful businesses are essentially "systems".

    Michael Gerber's "The E-Myth" is a great read for people who don't understand why it's important to stop being the craftsperson and become a business system.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Eric, great post. Kudos!!

      Originally Posted by MichaelHiles View Post

      All successful businesses are essentially "systems".
      If I may add, solid-tested "systems". That's the difference between a business and a successful business.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Formulam
    You hit the nail on the head with the last point - I know that sometimes I don't take action because I think I won't succeed anyway so why bother... and that is a vicious circle. I'm busy wacking myself out of this mindset but it's an up hill struggle! It's weird though - I've got plenty of confidence otherwise!
    Signature
    It took me a WHOLE YEAR before I found what worked for me.
    If it hadn't worked I'd have got double my money back!
    Click here for my no B-S review and judge for yourself!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NicheMayhem
      Originally Posted by Formulam View Post

      I'm busy wacking myself

      Well there's your problem....





      I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. It's also good to hang back and have a laugh too, don't take it so seriously to the point where your entire existence hinges on online success. Obsessive compulsive marketing can add to that viscous cycle and squash your chances at noticing the small progress that can boost your confidence. Many will draw the baseline for their confidence boosting mainly on sales but as the OP points out, focus on traffic and optimize your system. Don't be like this guy and make sure you focus on those baby steps...

      Signature
      Whether you think you can, or think you can't, YOU'RE RIGHT!! <~~Henry Ford

      Check out my video gigs on fiverr!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Pal Singh
    Distractions are so easy. Sticking to a system requires focus.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Deegan
    Eric hit the nail on the head here. For me personally the confidence issue was the REAL bottleneck. Once I got that sorted out everything else went MUCH easier. Honestly it was Pyscho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and working to improve my self image every day that made the difference. I also did/do other things to make me feel better about my self.

    I work out 5-6 times a week. I eat better, I try to dress nice, I try to do and be my best when I'm dealing with other people, etc...

    Some people might discount stuff like this, but for me when I feel good about my self and the person I am and becoming my productivity and overall effectiveness goes through the roof.

    My goal now is to help others and give as much as I can in all my business efforts. I finally understand the concept of "helping others you really help your self". And I don't mean that in a egotistical way, I don't expect something in return from others, my own actions are enough of a reward.

    P.S. Things still aren't perfect. I still have doubts about my self at times, or my abilities, etc. But Things have improved tremendously. And I know if I keep doing what I'm doing and improving my self image things will only get better and better.

    Much love,
    Daniel D.
    Signature

    ****************************************
    Spy & Track Winning Facebook Ads

    Spy & Track
    Winning Google Content Network Ads
    Spy & Track Winning Bing & Google PPC Search Ads
    â„¢ACP - Click Here For Details
    ****************************************

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Eric, I want to touch on the self confidence part because you are so dead
      on the money there.

      I just recently decided to tackle a niche that I never in a million years
      would have thought of targeting. I knew nothing about it and as of right
      now, about a week into it, know very little...maybe enough to get by.

      But I have the confidence that eventually I will make a killing in this niche. I
      have my whole plan worked out and it's just a matter of time.

      If you don't have confidence in what you're doing, you won't follow through.
      You'll sit there and say things to yourself like, "Oh what's the point? This
      isn't going to work anyway."

      There's too much competition.
      I don't know enough.
      I can't write well enough.
      I don't have the tech skills.
      It'll take too long and I need money now.

      And the excuses go on and on and on.


      Confidence, or lack thereof, may be the biggest killer of everything else.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Stirling
    Great article Eric. Thanks heaps!

    I would put confidence up higher like Steve says above..

    Because like you say, without confidence, you won't even get a start
    on anything. Having confidence in yourself and your ability to help
    people in exchange for their money is the big hurdle to overcome at first.

    Another thing if I may add, is that most people try to do it all by themselves.

    I know that if it wasn't for other marketers/friends helping me and being
    around as kind of a support system for me, I know I wouldn't have been able
    to accomplish nearly as much as I have.

    That and out-tasking!...because there is just too much to do as a one-man-band!

    Stuart
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thaismr
    We were educated to work for other people, not to work for our businesses.
    I have a lot of work on my shoulders, because I can never count on people I personally know to partner with me or teach me anything… I am totally off their expertise when I try to explain them anything remotely related to business or marketing.
    I needed to buy products and learn how to follow them on my own, plus research online, and try and fail… I still try and fail, and try and succeed. You need self esteem to pass through the times when you fail – we all put some of our eggs in the wrong basket when starting out.
    Signature
    PM me about custom niche sites on a budget
    How to Build a Site Others Sell For $60-$200?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhopkins
    Great post Eric, this is so true. Its been the main focus of my blog since I started it. Most people do not plan for the complete system let alone actually implement it.
    Signature

    Bruce

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theemperor
      I'm not a big football (i.e. soccer) fan but I have been watching England in the World Cup. It is amazing how much confidence plays a part in success, and in earlier games they lacked confidence and played very well below par.

      The commentators mentioned that just one good tackle, one decent chance at a goal (even if it misses) could be enough to turn a game around, as it gives the team confidence.

      For me setting up a new list and seeing the first 10 subscribers feels like that. I don't know why but these little successes I find make it feel exciting and fresh again, and make me want to work more on it.
      Signature
      Learn to code faster, and remove the roadblocks. Get stuff done and shipped! PM me and I can help you with programming tutoring, specialising in Web and the following languages: Javascript ~ HTML ~ CSS ~ React ~ JQuery ~ Typescript ~ NodeJS ~ C#.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
        Originally Posted by theemperor View Post

        I'm not a big football (i.e. soccer) fan but I have been watching England in the World Cup. It is amazing how much confidence plays a part in success, and in earlier games they lacked confidence and played very well below par.

        The commentators mentioned that just one good tackle, one decent chance at a goal (even if it misses) could be enough to turn a game around, as it gives the team confidence.

        For me setting up a new list and seeing the first 10 subscribers feels like that. I don't know why but these little successes I find make it feel exciting and fresh again, and make me want to work more on it.
        yeah, that's so true. I used to play college baseball and I can tell you that confidence was everything... and in sports it's contagious. And, momentum can swing your direction... then BOOM! you are rolling!

        Just turn on a flurry of promotion action, and watch momentum grow like a snowball rolling downhill into a HUGE BOLDER AVALANCHE! lol

        WHAT ARE WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE?

        Eric
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262397].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mixolydian
          Awesome post! I'm new to IM and am finding this forum unbelievably valuable.

          I agree 100% about developing Self Confidence. It is something that will impact every part of our lives. Something that has really helped me to develop self confidence is the Science of Self Confidence by Brian Tracy. Truly life changing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2263029].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LB
          Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

          yeah, that's so true. I used to play college baseball and I can tell you that confidence was everything... and in sports it's contagious. And, momentum can swing your direction... then BOOM! you are rolling!

          Just turn on a flurry of promotion action, and watch momentum grow like a snowball rolling downhill into a HUGE BOLDER AVALANCHE! lol

          WHAT ARE WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE?

          Eric
          You seem to have this nailed (you are always positive dude!). What books/courses/audios/whatever helped?

          Your little line up there about working to please the ego really nailed it because I realize so many mistakes I made years ago were more about seeking significance or pleasing others than doing what I needed to.
          Signature
          Tired of Article Marketing, Backlink Spamming and Other Crusty Old Traffic Methods?

          Click Here.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kiopa
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    Reason Number 3: Technical

    This is not that big of a reason, but it is reason enough to include here. Most want money from the Internet but are not willing to either A) learn technical stuff or B) pay someone to do it for them. Therefore, well, this is an easy one and does not require much insight from me.
    Great post, but I have to somewhat disagree that you downplayed the technical side of things so much. If anything, I'd say the technology you use, and your implementation of it is one of the most important aspects.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Alexander
      Eric,

      This is a GREAT post! NO Bs. Straight to the point... and most of all.. Just being REAL about it! I love it. Best post I've read in a while.

      Kevin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb D Miller
    Love it love it love it. This post kicked my butt and I love/hate what you said. But I love it more because I need to hear it. Let's see if I do the work now. Oops.

    P.S. I'm giving your email list a try. I'm reading your "disclosure" journal, I'm on page 4 and I'm already out of my mind...

    P.P.S., do you really think it will take only 2 more years? I would have guessed more like 5. (The Gov. Oversight stuff.)
    Signature

    Discover your ultimate purpose through the magic of story. Story Purpose

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2263055].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by cdmiller87 View Post

      Love it love it love it. This post kicked my butt and I love/hate what you said. But I love it more because I need to hear it. Let's see if I do the work now. Oops.

      P.S. I'm giving your email list a try. I'm reading your "disclosure" journal, I'm on page 4 and I'm already out of my mind...

      P.P.S., do you really think it will take only 2 more years? I would have guessed more like 5. (The Gov. Oversight stuff.)
      Man, I have no idea. I follow trends and stuff a lot and when I wrote that, I would say 2 years... but now, I"d agree more with you on the 5 years. Things are certainly changing, indeed. I wonder what America will be like 10 years from now.

      Eric
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juansaldivar
    I think the system part is the most important, that creates passive income. Great post Eric.
    Signature

    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2263062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Hey Eric
    No doubt about it . . . you need to start more threads.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2263097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paj_mccarthy
    Eric, could have done with this about 9 months ago - what took you so long

    As it happens I managed to figure it out anyway through failure after failure and sheer bloody mindedness.

    If there are any beginners or newcomers to this business then print this off and read over and over. It's all about setting up the system, maximising the value per visitor with a powerful profit funnel and then concentrating on driving a bucket load of traffic.

    I used to set up a shabby system (if you could call it one) and then spend time and effort to get all my traffic from the search engines and nowhere else. It wasn't very profitable!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xemxie
      Originally Posted by paj_mccarthy View Post

      If there are any beginners or newcomers to this business then print this off and read over and over. It's all about setting up the system, maximising the value per visitor with a powerful profit funnel and then concentrating on driving a bucket load of traffic.
      I'm a newcomer to internet marketing and I begin to see I need a system. Unfortunately there seem to be hundreds of "systems" out there that are all crying out to be bought and taught. I'm getting lost in the morass of systems. Trying each before moving on to the next.

      Guess what!! Not at all profitable at the moment

      I really must pick 1 and stick to it - follow it through to the cash.

      Thanks for the inspirational post, Eric

      Jennifer
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2266170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bayo
    Great points Eric as usual.

    The things that saddens me is that 99% of people who could actually benefit from your recommendations will read them and treat them like most other life and business things they come across...like 'useful' trivia, and then move on to the next one.

    Bayo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChadH
    Ya man, it's all about the offer and the system. They go hand in hand too. I good offer has a system in place. Traffic is the easy part really. Good post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2266144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ileneg
    Spot On Mr. Louviere!

    There you have it,
    ileneg
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2266241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Good points especially #1 and #5. I posted this link yesterday in the thread about schemers but I'll post it here too: The gambling man who co-founded Apple and left for $800 - CNN.com

    I think in so many ways that encapsulates the importance of #5 - sticking to it, not being afraid, etc.

    Thanks for the post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2266337].message }}
  • I have been student of business for many year until I could finally do it myself. There is a book called E-myth which is design for off line small business. I applied what I learned in it to my internet marketing business.

    Only when I did, did I have the time freedom I wanted. One of the things this book says is 97% of business fail. Yet when a business uses a marketing system 95% of those business succeed.
    Signature
    Discover the secrets to Never paying out of pocket for your Advertising EVER AGAIN!! CLICK HERE

    Dial 888-888-9802, ext 66509 (3) , code 1 (#) FREE Recorded Message

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2267031].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2267046].message }}

Trending Topics