Help?! I'm too "newb" to know!!!

39 replies
So here's the deal..

I'm a COMPLETE beginner/newbie in the Internet Marketing world, so to speak. I've joined a couple of big named marketers' lists such as Michael Cheney, Frank Kern, Eben Pagen, Jeff Walker, Jeff Johnson and much much more! For a while now, I've been researching and going much further into my knowledge of IM.

Now, a couple months later, I'm now interested in actually doing IM. Not just any old IM business. I want to be an
Internet Affiliate Marketer and the beginner I am, I have LOTS of questions which are gonna be presented to you below! Please be honest with your answers & I appreciate your gesture of thoughtfulness! By the way, Clickbank is my affiliate site.. thingy! haha

1. I want a product that requires no paid traffic and no list! I know people have said "the money's in the list" & I am skeptical to ask if this is even possible! Can I make money without paid traffic & a list?

2. I want almost INSTANT results. Now I know that this might take a lot of hard work, and I'm willing to do it! I just want results that will be coming consistently. INSTANT! Instant for me could be as long as month to as little as an hour or a day even! Can I achieve instant results?

3. This could be easy to answer.. Do I need a product? I've researched this very much & I know that product launches and creation take you to the elite status. I'm not ready, I'm still a newbie. I just want to earn money & get experience before I consider creating one.

4. I want easy-to-learn, step-by-step, caveman type of teaching! Preferably videos, audios and text documents! Is that possible?

5. Two in one.
How much money can I earn potentially and will I be able to do it over and over again?

Well.. I hope you guys give honest and unbiased answers! If possible, I also want a specific product name that could be suitable for the certain criteria I've notified you guys with! Sorry if this is too long!

AND if you guys do send me a product name, please make sure its affordable and fair!

Thank You & Have a Great Day!
- Vernon
#affiliate marketer #affiliate marketing #beginner #newb #product
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
    I think you're a liar, because your first post is pasted and formatted like a salesletter. Try harder next time. No need for your compatriot to come along and suggest his wares now. Good day!
    Signature

    Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
    Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
      Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

      I think you're a liar, because your first post is pasted and formatted like a salesletter. Try harder next time. No need for your compatriot to come along and suggest his wares now. Good day!
      Lol this cracked me up. Good one
      Signature

      >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4416861].message }}
  • That's probably because I've researched like I've said so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261881].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wechito
      1. Yes, you can make money with no list and free traffic.
      2. I don't know about instant results. It took months for me to get an steady income.
      3. Yo don't need a product. There are a lot of affiliate products to sell.
      4. There are plenty of good step-to-step trainning programs that can help you. Just do a little research.
      5. The amount of money you can potentialy earn is hard to tell. Making around $2000/month should not be difficult, after learning, failing a couple of times, and work hard.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261908].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Wechito View Post

        1. Yes, you can make money with no list and free traffic.
        2. I don't know about instant results. It took months for me to get an steady income.
        3. Yo don't need a product. There are a lot of affiliate products to sell.
        4. There are plenty of good step-to-step trainning programs that can help you. Just do a little research.
        5. The amount of money you can potentialy earn is hard to tell. Making around $2000/month should not be difficult, after learning, failing a couple of times, and work hard.
        I appreciate your answer man! Great stuff! Question though. Do you have a product in mind that could suit that?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261923].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Wechito
          Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

          I appreciate your answer man! Great stuff! Question though. Do you have a product in mind that could suit that?

          Commission Blueprint 2.0 can be a good choice.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261941].message }}
          • I heard of that. I haven't really gone really deep into how it works though. Have anymore info.?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261969].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
              Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

              I heard of that. I haven't really gone really deep into how it works though. Have anymore info.?
              Let me google that for you
              Signature

              Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
              Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261984].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
      Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

      That's probably because I've researched like I've said so.
      Signature

      Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
      Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author awmi
    1. Check out Joel Comm's: Clickbank - How to Make Money with Information Products

    2. 5 Steps to Making Your First Sale as an Affiliate Marketer by Beau Blackwell, ClickBank

    3.
    Also by Joel Comm: a free 236 page guide about AdSense Income - download the PDF info here Make money with Google AdSense with Joel Comm's free book
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

    Now, a couple months later
    "Join Date: Jan 2009"

    Frank Kern's Core Influence will help you work on the notion of congruence. You've been here almost a year and a half. That's not a couple months later, you're not a newbie, and we're not even remotely fooled.

    Colin nailed it: there's no need for your friend to show up with his specific product name for everyone to check out. You're busted.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261940].message }}
    • Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      "Join Date: Jan 2009"

      Frank Kern's Core Influence will help you work on the notion of congruence. You've been here almost a year and a half. That's not a couple months later, you're not a newbie, and we're not even remotely fooled.

      Colin nailed it: there's no need for your friend to show up with his specific product name for everyone to check out. You're busted.
      OK. So I was wrong about my experience. Almost 18 months into it. My bad. But, I haven't progressed outta all of those months & now I'm going to you guys for help. I know what I'm talking about though & I seriously do need help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261967].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

        So I was wrong about my experience.
        No, you lied about your experience. You didn't "forget" you've been doing this for a year and a half. You lied.

        I haven't progressed outta all of those months & now I'm going to you guys for help.
        How much help have you given? You've only made thirty-odd posts, and Colin's just pointed out that you were asking for help last year claiming to have all this experience. With the experience you're claiming... which is now looking like TWO years... there is no reason you haven't been here helping hundreds of people, except that you just plain couldn't be arsed to bother.

        This is a community. You get back pretty much what you put into it. If you want a dozen people to pop up and help you, then you should have already popped up to help a dozen people yourself.

        And yet... "Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts"
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      "Join Date: Jan 2009"

      Frank Kern's Core Influence will help you work on the notion of congruence. You've been here almost a year and a half. That's not a couple months later, you're not a newbie, and we're not even remotely fooled.

      Colin nailed it: there's no need for your friend to show up with his specific product name for everyone to check out. You're busted.
      Yeah, here's something he posted 18 months ago about how he'd already been studying IM since the previous summer.

      Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

      Here is my situation. You may be extremely surprised, you may not. And you may be frustrated with my situation.

      I am a young Internet Affiliate Marketer. I have never made a sale in my life. I have only become a I.F.M since the Summer of 2008. I have understood everything about Affiliate Marketing, and Affiliate Programs, and I know how to Market.

      But here's where the problem comes in..

      I can't invest. Since I'm young, I can't invest, so that's my problem. Most people have their success FROM investing in to Internet Marketing, and I am fully aware of that.

      So, I'm stuck with using the FREE Tools on the Internet, Marketing my Affiliate Products.

      Help. I am completely broke, no investment allowed, and I'm stuck with the FREE Tools on the Internet.

      I need sales obviously, and I am currently using Clickbank. I want to make a consistent flow of income, and I am to the point of quiting (seriously). I need help, fast.

      Please take my situation to heart. I am seriously broke.

      Thank You,
      Vernon Nava
      If you really want to do this stuff Vernon, go take Dan Thies's "Plan B" course so your next 18 months won't be so totally unproductive.
      Signature

      Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
      Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261968].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

        Yeah, here's something he posted 18 months ago about how he'd already been studying IM since the previous summer.



        If you really want to do this stuff Vernon, go take Dan Thies's "Plan B" course so your next 18 months won't be so totally unproductive.
        OK, thanks for that reality check.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KatyaSenina
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      "Join Date: Jan 2009"

      Frank Kern's Core Influence will help you work on the notion of congruence. You've been here almost a year and a half. That's not a couple months later, you're not a newbie, and we're not even remotely fooled.

      Colin nailed it: there's no need for your friend to show up with his specific product name for everyone to check out. You're busted.
      CDarklock... You're right he joined in Jan 2009, but I just wanted to point out that there is a difference between learning internet marketing and doing internet marketing. It doesn't mean he started doing internet marketing in Jan. 2009.

      The TO mentioned he's been learning in the past few months without much doing.

      That still makes him a 'newbie' Yeah a newbie with knowledge...

      But you can't really break free from the 'newbie cycle' until you actually start doing things...

      I don't think it's suspicious that he is asking for advice after almost 1,5 year has passed. 1,5 year is a short time span and you won't become a seasoned marketer or a pro if you're not actively taking action.

      That's just my take on it.

      ps. no hard feelings, I'm not exactly a seasoned marketer either... More of a lazy one. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262026].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
        Originally Posted by KatyaSenina View Post

        CDarklock... You're right he joined in Jan 2009, but I just wanted to point out that there is a difference between learning internet marketing and doing internet marketing. It doesn't mean he started doing internet marketing in Jan. 2009.

        The TO mentioned he's been learning in the past few months without much doing.

        That still makes him a 'newbie' Yeah a newbie with knowledge...

        But you can't really break free from the 'newbie cycle' until you actually start doing things...

        I don't think it's suspicious that he is asking for advice after almost 1,5 year has passed. 1,5 year is a short time span and you won't become a seasoned marketer or a pro if you're not actively taking action.

        That's just my take on it.

        ps. no hard feelings, I'm not exactly a seasoned marketer either... More of a lazy one. :p
        Check this out - look on the front page of the warrior forum today, and look for all the question based threads from newbies who have low post counts. Can you spot the poster who always seems to reply quickly to every single one?

        I think I spotted him/her. I think I know who the ringer is that's using all these sock puppet accounts to lob these softballs so they can come in with a helpful answer (and backlink in the footer).

        I got your number buddy. Try harder! Try again!
        Signature

        Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
        Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262065].message }}
        • I promise you this is my only account. PROMISE. Do an IP, whatever needs to be done for proof. Do it, by all means.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262089].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            The point is the "I'm new - I'm broke" excuse only works for a limited time. You had the same complaint in jan 2009.

            If in 18 months you have not found a way to find $10 a month to spend starting an online business either you don't believe in yourself - or you're 12.

            Just sayin...time to stop being a clueless noob and start being a marketer
            Signature
            Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist
            All things bright and beautiful; all creatures great and small
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262141].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
          Originally Posted by Stede Troisi View Post

          I am so confused... what are you accusing him of doing? He doesn't seem to have a signature.

          - Stede
          See, the way it works is I have an account that I want to actually promote something, and I have a sig there. Then, I have ANOTHER "newbie" account, where I ask the EXACT SAME newbie questions say, roughly every 6 months.

          Then, I have whichever promotional account I have stop by and answer those questions, pretty quickly, and with that oh so helpful link in my sig.

          It's just like 3 card monte. The guy who "wins" is in on the scam.

          Now, it's POSSIBLE this thread just happens to be one of those cyclical newbies who comes in pretty much once every 6 months to ask newbie questions about whatever technique is the hotness at the time while never making progress or quitting. And that newbie just happens to cross paths with another poster who is rapidly posting 2 line answers to every newbie question posted today.

          It's POSSIBLE. I could be wrong.

          If you ARE a real guy Vernon, that thing I recommended to you is good. I'm taking it now myself. If you're serious, quit chasing the bull**** and do something real.
          Signature

          Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
          Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262123].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

            See, the way it works is I have an account that I want to actually promote something, and I have a sig there. Then, I have ANOTHER "newbie" account, where I ask the EXACT SAME newbie questions say, roughly every 6 months.

            Then, I have whichever promotional account I have stop by and answer those questions, pretty quickly, and with that oh so helpful link in my sig.

            It's just like 3 card monte. The guy who "wins" is in on the scam.

            Now, it's POSSIBLE this thread just happens to be one of those cyclical newbies who comes in pretty much once every 6 months to ask newbie questions about whatever technique is the hotness at the time while never making progress or quitting. And that newbie just happens to cross paths with another poster who is rapidly posting 2 line answers to every newbie question posted today.

            It's POSSIBLE. I could be wrong.

            If you ARE a real guy Vernon, that thing I recommended to you is good. I'm taking it now myself. If you're serious, quit chasing the bull**** and do something real.
            OK, so first of all. It seems that you have a lot of "hatred" on me for some reason. I have no intentions to do that kind of sh**. I seriously am quite a newbie WITH KNOWLEDGE.

            Knowledge is all I have. I just need help with implementing all that I've learned. Seriously man. Eighteen months could switch the light off for your brain and say "Oh Vernon's just another one of those stupid guys that intend to find all the hot stuff thats been going on lately." I can't lie, 18 months is long. You can call me a lazy person and all of that. Go ahead, make fun of me man.

            Yes I'm real, but lazy. That's just reality for me man. Go ahead, make another reply stating how bad of a record I am for you. Reply stating how I'm such a stupid person & should just leave this. But you know what? I'm strong & I won't give up my ambitions just cause one person is somewhat bringing me down. I know you're just trying to tell everyone the truth.

            And, I will.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262161].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
              Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

              OK, so first of all. It seems that you have a lot of "hatred" on me for some reason. I have no intentions to do that kind of sh**. I seriously am quite a newbie WITH KNOWLEDGE.

              Knowledge is all I have. I just need help with implementing all that I've learned. Seriously man. Eighteen months could switch the light off for your brain and say "Oh Vernon's just another one of those stupid guys that intend to find all the hot stuff thats been going on lately." I can't lie, 18 months is long. You can call me a lazy person and all of that. Go ahead, make fun of me man.

              Yes I'm real, but lazy. That's just reality for me man. Go ahead, make another reply stating how bad of a record I am for you. Reply stating how I'm such a stupid person & should just leave this. But you know what? I'm strong & I won't give up my ambitions just cause one person is somewhat bringing me down. I know you're just trying to tell everyone the truth.

              And, I will.
              I don't have any hatred - you have to admit it looks fishy as hell. Like I said, if you're real, I apologize. Go do the Plan B thing. It's good, solid, always-gonna-work kind of stuff. It's free. Focus on that and not chasing whatever new thing is on here like CPA or Twitter.

              It's not going to be COMPLETE - like if you don't know how to install and set up Wordpress, you'll have to find that out, but still just follow the plan. Fill in the holes, but don't branch off into undocumented territory because you won't have the experience to find your way back.

              You say you're willing to do the work so shut up and do it and stop being lazy. Seems like you know what the problem is. Quit reading THIS FORUM for a month until you do everything in that course. Go do it!

              Go put the knowledge you have to use and build something so you won't be a "newbie" any more.
              Signature

              Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
              Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262198].message }}
              • Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

                I don't have any hatred - you have to admit it looks fishy as hell. Like I said, if you're real, I apologize. Go do the Plan B thing. It's good, solid, always-gonna-work kind of stuff. It's free. Focus on that and not chasing whatever new thing is on here like CPA or Twitter.

                It's not going to be COMPLETE - like if you don't know how to install and set up Wordpress, you'll have to find that out, but still just follow the plan. Fill in the holes, but don't branch off into undocumented territory because you won't have the experience to find your way back.

                You say you're willing to do the work so shut up and do it and stop being lazy. Seems like you know what the problem is. Quit reading THIS FORUM for a month until you do everything in that course. Go do it!

                Go put the knowledge you have to use and build something so you won't be a "newbie" any more.
                OK, I'm up for the challenge. But a few quick questions before I go.

                1. Is Everything literally FREE in that Plan B thing?

                AND 2. I'm on the site. Where do I freaking start?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262218].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
                  Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

                  OK, I'm up for the challenge. But a few quick questions before I go.

                  1. Is Everything literally FREE in that Plan B thing?

                  AND 2. I'm on the site. Where do I freaking start?
                  1. You should buy your own domain and hosting, otherwise, so far, everything in the course is free to do.

                  2. Try the first link on the first post on the front page where it says "If you missed the first week, go read and watch Plan B: Starting Your Own Information Business first - then week 2, week 3, and week 5."

                  God, you ARE really lazy aren't you? That's it. I'm done helping. You're on your own.
                  Signature

                  Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
                  Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262411].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Oleg Cherkasky
                    I am really LAZY myself, it did not stop me from paying for a REALLY expensive course coupled with coaching, pay godaddy for a domain and gatorhost for hosting, update my site for almost everyday the first month and try to promote it almost everyday now.

                    And believe me I am probably much lazier than you.

                    Thanks to the guy who is coaching me I found this site, he gave me the site address.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262440].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author petec
        Hello Leadsandtraffic4free.

        Do you have a sound business plan?

        Do you take action on what you have learned? (already mentioned)

        Do you work full time (other business, not im)? How do you manage your time?

        Have you considered getting a mentor?

        I'm not taking the p**s, but without any of the above you don't have a business.

        Pete

        Why is there nothing in your signature. (blog etc)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262077].message }}
      • OK to be honest guys. Yes, I've joined this forum in January of 2009. I have YET to buy a product or even START marketing. All that was done, as a side job kinda.., was research and more of a know how of how the business would work. Cause outta those 18 months, I didn't know what to do. ANDDDD, I didn't have time to do even start. Now, I'm confident & I think those 18 months helped me grow of me IQ of it all & I feel ready to actually start.

        Sorry if this caused controversy, I just wanna LITERALLY start right now.

        Sorry again!
        - Vernon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dayor
    Let's give the guy a break, maybe all he needs to do is to take action. A lot of people are like him, spoonfeed everyday for months with good info but cannot get in the right mindset to take thie first plung. the best product info for the guy that will help him make money fast is : "TAKE ACTION by wso members". it works wonders if you try it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2261999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ric
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Louise Green
    He is asking for a decent product right?

    Two words..

    THE WAR ROOM

    OK.. three words.. I lied too.
    Signature
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I'm currently on vacation & will answer all messages when I return - Happy Holidays!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262460].message }}
  • Thanks Guys. Imma try the Plan B thing! Will come back with results as soon as I can.

    - Vernon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abednego
    I need to stop assuming.

    This whole time I was thinking the OP was posting a joke ...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dalun
    Well you can get started by clicking on my sig...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2262821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pleasehelpmeout
    Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong area to be posting in - just wanted to introduce myself and reach out for some advice. The reason being is because I'm being asked for a pretty big investment into a coaching program by michael cheney.

    has anyone here ever done it? i am seriously considering the $6,000 investment given that there is personal support and coaching provided...

    I have read some posts about him and he seems legit and stands behind his word. I know it's a massive risk to take forking out that amount of money to a guy that I have not seen yet but hopefully might get to see if he travels overseas to meet his students.

    If anyone can provide any advice, knowledge, guidance or support on what i have said above - i will be most grateful as I am wracking my brains trying to figure out if this is just ''another scam'' and i am being conned - or if this is a legitimate opportunity. I have been burnt once previously - so I'm a bit sceptical but at the same time wanting to obtain any thoughts, advice, or knowledge from such people who are by far more advanced than I am in the internet marketing sphere.

    thanks,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4414296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

    Yes I'm real, but lazy. That's just reality for me man.
    Originally Posted by leadsandtraffic4free View Post

    1. I want a product that requires no paid traffic and no list!
    2. I want almost INSTANT results.
    3.Do I need a product?
    4. I want easy-to-learn, step-by-step, caveman type of teaching!
    Let's see. You're lazy and want instant results without a product or a list and you want someone to spoonfeed you with a silver spoon no doubt.

    Good luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4414685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JToneyUK
    I doubt this guy will see your message of luck, sbucciarel. The threads a year old
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4414719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JToneyUK View Post

      I doubt this guy will see your message of luck, sbucciarel. The threads a year old

      ahhh damn. Another one of those. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4414736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Muhammad
    Finding the right program.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4416851].message }}

Trending Topics