How To Turn Blogging Into A Viable Home Business Income Opportunity

30 replies
All over the "netosphere" today, you see new blogs popping up.
While blogs present a tremendous way to make money online, most people are complaining of not making it through this platform. In this piece, I will focus on how to turn your blog into a home business income opportunity.
Several years ago blogs were seen more as a vehicle to express one's thoughts on a particular topic. They used to be referred to as weblogs. Blogs where seen as an online diary.

Today blog have moved from being an online diary to a business as you can monetize your blog and make money from it fairly easily.
The following therefore are a few things to keep in mind when setting up a blog as a home business income vehicle.

1. Blog Platform: There are many different blogging platforms available that you can choose from. Many hosting companies have them incorporated into their back office which you can easily create a folder and upload into. The key point here is that you are better off to host your own blog than to use a free blogging platforms such as Blogger.

2. Invest Few Dollars: It is worth investing a few dollars to have somebody do this for you if you're not sure how to do it. One thing you certainly want to include is social bookmarking plug-ins which is an important way of marketing your blog.

3. Personalized Theme: You want to stay on the theme of your blog when you write articles. For example if you have a blog about webdesign, you do not want to be putting articles in it about downloading music. The reason for this is you are writing articles to please your reader as well bait search engines. So you must be focused on your niche that you want to pass across to your readers.

4. Incorporating Adsense: Monetizing a blog is very easy to do by incorporating Google Adsense into it and joining affiliate programs and placing banners where they can be seen. As an affiliate whenever somebody buys a product from a website that they come to from your banner you earn a commission. There a big market here. Do not depen only on adsense.

5. Optimize Your Articles: Learning how to optimize an article for search engines is an important trick to learn. Since this is a business, you must learn this very seriously. There is difference between Internet Marketing and Internet Business. It is actually very easy and you want to target specific keywords in the title, and in the introduction and closing paragraphs. The rest of your article should be written naturally and really only needs to be 250 to 300 words to be effective.

6. Add Plug-ins: Be sure and bookmark your post to the top directories which should be included in a plug-in that is installed on the bottom of each post.

7. You Can Grow Your Blog And Flip It For Big Cash: Building your blog with great content and having very relevant and high traffic with give you high monetization value. Blogs are built and sold for profits. If you take your blogging business religiously and put in all your best, you can flip it or sell it in no time to buyers in the market place for four to five figure profits.
#blogging #business #home #income #opportunity #turn #viable
  • Profile picture of the author ecovergeeks
    some great useful tips there, i have just begun my blogging journey and still figuring things out, but i need to use plugins more

    thanks
    Andy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[200462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blase40
    Nice tips here. For those of you starting out, it's a great time to begin blogging. A nice wordpress blog with some fresh, keyword optimized content posted regularly can get you noticed in Google quickly.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[200776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlogBrowser
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
      Originally Posted by BlogBrowser View Post

      Blogging can make you VERY good money as long as you're willing to transform the blog into an authority site. If you're just going to drop some few outsourced posts on it with few affiliate links and an adsense block, a standard HTML website will do.

      Successful blogs are all about being seen as a guru in your niche, and becoming a guru requires three basic elements:

      A) knowledge: You must be well lectured in the niche you blog about or your readers will know (since they're indeed interested and knowledgeable in that field). Your content must be good, inspiring, informative and useful to others. No bullshit.

      B) persistence: no authority website is built within the month. It will take many months until people within your niche begin to see you as a talking head. A serious blog requires A LOT of work, constancy and long-term thinking (half a year ahead at least).

      C) entertainment: not only you must know your stuff, but you gotta deliver your knowledge in an entertaining fashion. If you bore your readers, they won't come back. You must make your posts both lecturing and entertaining.

      Forget SEO, forget backlinks, forget flashy plugins, etc. Truly successful blogs are built upon those three pillars above listed.
      I totally agree with your.. And I will will still add that focus on what you know how to do rather than what others are doing in terms of niches
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[222723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by TheRealDomainer View Post

    All over the "netosphere" today, you see new blogs popping up.
    While blogs present a tremendous way to make money online, most people are complaining of not making it through this platform. In this piece, I will focus on how to turn your blog into a home business income opportunity.
    Several years ago blogs were seen more as a vehicle to express one's thoughts on a particular topic. They used to be referred to as weblogs. Blogs where seen as an online diary.

    Today blog have moved from being an online diary to a business as you can monetize your blog and make money from it fairly easily.
    The following therefore are a few things to keep in mind when setting up a blog as a home business income vehicle.

    1. Blog Platform: There are many different blogging platforms available that you can choose from. Many hosting companies have them incorporated into their back office which you can easily create a folder and upload into. The key point here is that you are better off to host your own blog than to use a free blogging platforms such as Blogger.

    2. Invest Few Dollars: It is worth investing a few dollars to have somebody do this for you if you're not sure how to do it. One thing you certainly want to include is social bookmarking plug-ins which is an important way of marketing your blog.

    3. Personalized Theme: You want to stay on the theme of your blog when you write articles. For example if you have a blog about webdesign, you do not want to be putting articles in it about downloading music. The reason for this is you are writing articles to please your reader as well bait search engines. So you must be focused on your niche that you want to pass across to your readers.

    4. Incorporating Adsense: Monetizing a blog is very easy to do by incorporating Google Adsense into it and joining affiliate programs and placing banners where they can be seen. As an affiliate whenever somebody buys a product from a website that they come to from your banner you earn a commission. There a big market here. Do not depen only on adsense.

    5. Optimize Your Articles: Learning how to optimize an article for search engines is an important trick to learn. Since this is a business, you must learn this very seriously. There is difference between Internet Marketing and Internet Business. It is actually very easy and you want to target specific keywords in the title, and in the introduction and closing paragraphs. The rest of your article should be written naturally and really only needs to be 250 to 300 words to be effective.

    6. Add Plug-ins: Be sure and bookmark your post to the top directories which should be included in a plug-in that is installed on the bottom of each post.

    7. You Can Grow Your Blog And Flip It For Big Cash: Building your blog with great content and having very relevant and high traffic with give you high monetization value. Blogs are built and sold for profits. If you take your blogging business religiously and put in all your best, you can flip it or sell it in no time to buyers in the market place for four to five figure profits.
    Excellent post!

    Also more or less what I have been doing to make good money online so I know this works!

    All the best

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mookinman
    I'd add - make sure you have a hosted blog rather than a free one, otherwise it could mysteriously dissapear! Check my sig for a quick, cheap solution for this!

    Sorry about the shameless plug. OK, I'll add value...

    1. Don't expect immediate results unless you use social bookmarking to build backlink to your blog

    2. Get a hosted blog. D'oh I just said that...

    3. Read Steven Wageheim's articles on how to write effective, compelling blog posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lashley
    Great topic and substantive suggestions. I'd add that the market conditions right now are fantastic for using intellectual property rights (IPR) and I don't mean simply resell rights or private label rights for content. Those are merely small planets in the overall IP universe. IPR doesn't mean you don't do the things listed above - you still have to be entertaining, etc. But it can create a huge additional profit margin so that you get a much bigger bang for your buck as the blog owner.

    I've got an ecourse on the subject - you are invited to stop by and check it out. You can go to my blog for a link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pete Egeler
    "In this piece, I will focus on how to turn your blog into a home business income opportunity."

    Another example of a "piece" that should be posted in the Warrior Article section!

    Pete
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201266].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author youallnome
      Some Excellent Advice - - Especially for any newcomers to the internet!

      Great post, thank you for that.
      Blogs are without doubt a fantastic way to add an income stream to your bank balance.

      I to, highly recommend everybody with a long term plan to make money online should invest in blogs.

      We know for sure that Google loves blogs.
      And hosting your own blog is the only way to go. I definitely agree with that advice. Just remember that it is just a blog.

      There is no substitute for a full blown content based website.

      Thanks again.
      Sincerely,
      John Adams
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[201740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    OoH Guys Thanks. I will be here to give all I know to warriors...
    Thanks for your comments.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[202614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challenging boy
    The whole secret to increase your income through your blog is a valuable content. The more valuable content you post on your blog the more you may accept from it.
    The whole key to success of a blog or website is a powerful content.
    Signature

    SIGNATURE EDITED - please read sig file rules

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[286095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    Just to add that customsearch.com was sold for $33Million to New York Times
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[287500].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JamesFraze
      Originally Posted by TheRealDomainer View Post

      Just to add that customsearch.com was sold for $33Million to New York Times
      Wow, it's hard to believe that they would dump that kind of money on a domain - that looks like it is currently just parked.

      Maybe I should help people choose brandable domain names or niche focus domains? lol

      That is probably one of the easiest things in the world to do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[309522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Faber
    Here are some of the things that have worked well for me.
    1) Content is king, especially with blogs. The more great content, the better.

    2) At least 4 good, quality posts per week. It can get tough to keep producing great content at this pace so make sure your blog is about something you have a passion for. Also, try having other bloggers guest post once in a while.

    3) Hosted blog only - You have no control over a free one. It's like building your business on squatted land - I've used both WordPress and Moveable Type, with more experience on MT. WP seems to have more support, widgets and plugins available for it. It also seems to get more rapidly into the upper echelons of the Big G, although I've had pretty good success there with with both platforms.

    4) Carefully research your post titles (and for that matter, you blog title). One word here or there can make all the difference when it comes to attracting the SEs.

    5) Make sure your posts are readable by actual humans, not just SE spiders. You can build an authority site on a blogging platform, indeed some would argue that's the easiest way, but you have to have repeat visitors. People will only come back for things they enjoy reading. If you're not getting big news scoops, unavailable anywhere else tech data or gossip, your posts should be eminently readable.

    6)Make sure you burn feeds so it makes it easy for others to keep up on your blog and subscribe to it. You can monetize your feeds in addition to your blog itself.

    7) Use blog carnivals to increase your exposure and back link count. These aren't as good as they were 3 years ago, when InstaPundit would get you instantly thousands of visitors, but they are still pretty powerful.

    These are just some of the things that have helped me get blogs to 15,000 uniques a month.

    My .02C
    Signature
    For Killer Marketing Tips that Will Grow Your Business Follow Me on Twitter Now
    After all, you're probably following a few hundred people already that aren't doing squat for you.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[287508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Woodside
    You have really got to make a concerted effort to create and maintain a blog! I started two weeks ago, and wow what a change in business.

    Go for it and don't look back!
    Signature

    Scott Woodside

    The number 1 Choice for Audio Production!
    Member, Screen Actor's Guild
    http://www.scottwoodside.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[309542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
      Originally Posted by Scott Woodside View Post

      You have really got to make a concerted effort to create and maintain a blog! I started two weeks ago, and wow what a change in business.

      Go for it and don't look back!
      Please elaborate on the "what a change in business" ...

      More time dedicated to blogging?

      More customers?

      More monetization oppoetunities?

      What type of monthly revenues can be generated?
      Signature
      Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[310217].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Scott Woodside
        Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

        Please elaborate on the "what a change in business" ...

        More time dedicated to blogging?

        More customers?

        More monetization oppoetunities?

        What type of monthly revenues can be generated?
        More customers. The more who view the blog and my site and my postings, the more people I have who become prospects and want to hire my services.

        Many opportunities in monetization with google adwords and affiliate marketing which i'm still working on.

        $1,000 to $3,000 increase in business for the first month. I guess this should be confidential but it is what it is.
        Signature

        Scott Woodside

        The number 1 Choice for Audio Production!
        Member, Screen Actor's Guild
        http://www.scottwoodside.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[311255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    Great tips, i have already started my blogging and these tips are useful to me as well
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[309894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author teajay
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[309901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nick5014
      Thanks for the info. I started a couple of new blogs last month and its good to have some more stuff i can work on, like my keyword optimization which is really letting me down at the moment.

      I don't know about flipping blogs, i always feel that after posting loads of unique content to a site for a month or two i would be better off holding on to the site and hopefully making more money from it in the long run.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[309990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    To enhance this to work more effectively, you can still add social networking sites to your blog for profits: These include:
    twitter.com
    facebook.com
    myspace.com
    linkedin.com
    etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[315096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    Blog is a big business.
    However, it must be taken and approached using the right business model.
    Most newbies jump into blogging without having all the fundamentals and
    crash along the way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[327064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    2009 will no doubt be a good year of blogging and making money.

    Any serious minded IMter will combine blog with other marketing elements to make money online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[366632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wealthyaffiliate
    Banned
    I like the post.Its true. Blogging is a very powerful web 2.0 tool and incorporating it into your business can have a huge impact. I have a FREE report on niche blogging why don't you check it out. it can't say the wealthy of information i got from the free report but why don't you check it out yourself
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[366721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author junaidb
    very good info for newbie bloggers like myslef.....

    thanks
    Signature
    Get The Life You Truly Deserve
    Life Coaching to help you achieve even more success
    much faster than on your own
    Get The Edge on Life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[490836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    The blogging business is actually the affiliate secret weapon, especially for product review...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deslongs
    thank you very much for the info, very useful
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[532076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    Thanks deslongs...

    The truth is that anyone can blog with free pr paid blogs and still genrate cool monthly cash doing the right thing... and so no one is left behind in this niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[536024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samuel Lee
    Totally agree RealDomainer! Blogging can make you VERY good money as long as you can make your blog into an "guru" authority site. Its always important to cover the the three basic guru tactics in your niche related blog. First being the knowledge of your your niche area and your ability to express that in your blog content! Your blog content must always be great, high quality, inspiring, and informative. You've also got to know how to pursue and be consistant with your information and put in a reasonable amount of effort to become an authority in your area. And also have the ability to entertain you readers by delivering your knowledge in an entertaining fashion. If you bore your readers, they won't come back. Posts always have to be entertaing and educational!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[544571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prairiedog
    So much good info on Blogging here now I just need to get into ACTION.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[544606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aare
      post something that usefull everyday with freebie content...
      Signature
      God bless us all!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[544638].message }}

Trending Topics