Interesting YouTube Traffic Trick

23 replies
I was checking out some cool YouTube vids today when I came across this...


Over 3 million views on YouTube.

Just a compilation of Lebron James dunks.

The link on the page goes to a squeeze page for a free vertical leap increase program.

The owner of the list follows up selling an increase your vertical leap program on ClickBank.

...

I bet they've done well with it.

Only problem I can see is there not being enough backend products on increasing your vertical leap to sell to that list.
#interesting #traffic #trick #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    Thanks... good stuff.
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2323991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
    No problem...

    If you look in their profile, they're using the same strategy over and over again with video after video.

    Funny little discovery...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KevinTorrence
      Pretty cool stuff.

      Gotta admit though, I cringed when I saw his squeeze page ... but who knows, maybe a super unbalanced, uber ugly page is working well!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      This is much bigger than just YouTube.

      Look at all the links...
      Must be blasting the vids everywhere using something like TubeMogul. ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KevinTorrence
        Yeah, too slick & fancy never worked for me (I like to make mine simple and a little cleaner) ... but man, his stuff is REAL ugly! haha
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324092].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
          Originally Posted by KevinTorrence View Post

          Yeah, too slick & fancy never worked for me (I like to make mine simple and a little cleaner) ... but man, his stuff is REAL ugly! haha
          lol...

          Dude, you might want to try to go even uglier and see how it holds up.

          I've done a lot of crazy tests on squeeze pages.

          My best converting one of all time was like 83% and I was just messing around seeing how ugly I could make the font and the page...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324099].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324097].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          You found a great source of info.

          It couldn't get much easier, building a list.

          This could be duplicated with just about any video cat. on YouTube. You wouldn't really need your own video, just offer an existing video owner $20 to add a link in the description + a caption in the vid.
          I wonder how legal or illegal it actually is to do this...

          I mean, I know YouTube will get more strict and more strict, but ripping basketball videos from TV and putting them on YouTube have got to be violating some kind of copyright laws you'd think...

          But for some reason I don't think sports TV has cracked down like the music industry has.

          You probably couldn't get through a week of using this strategy in the music industry without getting canned by YouTube.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324103].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
            Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

            I wonder how legal or illegal it actually is to do this...

            I mean, I know YouTube will get more strict and more strict, but ripping basketball videos from TV and putting them on YouTube have got to be violating some kind of copyright laws you'd think...

            But for some reason I don't think sports TV has cracked down like the music industry has.

            You probably couldn't get through a week of using this strategy in the music industry without getting canned by YouTube.
            Not every media entity hates YouTube, there is a reason why when you sign up to YouTube, one of the agreement terms is that you agree to allow a broadcaster to broadcast your content without compensation.

            Although, YouTubes sound and voice recognition software is slowly becoming decent in detecting copyrighted materials such as film clips and spam content.

            Chris
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324116].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
              Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

              Not every media entity hates YouTube, there is a reason why when you sign up to YouTube, one of the agreement terms is that you agree to allow a broadcaster to broadcast your content without compensation.

              Although, YouTubes sound and voice recognition software is slowly becoming decent in detecting copyrighted materials such as film clips and spam content.

              Chris
              Interesting....

              I was wondering just how they were cracking down on copyrighted stuff.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
    Weird... the AR message I'm getting says the guy lives in Panama. Not Ontario like your whois link.

    "Gotta admit though, I cringed when I saw his squeeze page ... but who knows, maybe a super unbalanced, uber ugly page is working well!"

    hahaha...

    I'd put my money on ugly squeeze pages over fancy ones any day of the week.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author THK
    Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

    .

    I bet they've done well with it.

    Only problem I can see is there not being enough backend products on increasing your vertical leap to sell to that list.
    Backend can be related products these people are interested in. Maybe ports gear, supplements, strength training guide etc. etc.
    Signature

    This is my signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324095].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
      Originally Posted by THK View Post

      Backend can be related products these people are interested in. Maybe ports gear, supplements, strength training guide etc. etc.
      Possibly...

      If I were to grow this list, I'd do some ask campaigns probably and see what they want after the vertical leap program.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheNewGuy2010
    There's a WSO for it.........


    nothing new.

    Another loophole Youtube will close.


    Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

    I was checking out some cool YouTube vids today when I came across this...

    YouTube - Top 10 dunks performed by LeBron James.

    Over 3 million views on YouTube.

    Just a compilation of Lebron James dunks.

    The link on the page goes to a squeeze page for a free vertical leap increase program.

    The owner of the list follows up selling an increase your vertical leap program on ClickBank.

    ...

    I bet they've done well with it.

    Only problem I can see is there not being enough backend products on increasing your vertical leap to sell to that list.
    Signature
    Retired Internet Marketer.
    Gone Fishing....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
    LOL! The guy who owns the video is busted

    Thanks for this one man.

    The principle of this is the same with something that was discussed somewhere sometime ago where an insurance guy showed compilations of car crashes and then added a link to an insurance site..(I think that's how it goes)

    There's a lot of application for the same method, maybe some crying child and a parenting guide at the end of the video, or how about some clips of really awkward pick-up lines and then a seduction site at the end of the vid.

    LOL, the applications are endless..I wonder who amongst all of us here will take action on this

    Am currently a full time VA so I'm out of the playing field

    Best,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Groovystar
    The sports industry doesn't depend on replays to nearly the same extent that the music industry does. They don't stand to lose much if any money from their stuff being rebroadcast. People into sports want the current games...past games are only interesting for novelty type stuff like the 10 best jump shots or maybe those blooper clips, or maybe historically significant moments. none of which is worth the cost of pursuing people who upload videos of past games.

    That's just my take on why the sports broadcasters don't really seem to do anything about Youtube sports videos.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dreamers22
      thanks for sharing...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Active_One_2006
    Clever! I give the guy props for taking action...nice work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2324508].message }}

Trending Topics