- Unzip the package in an empty directory. what does this mean i have unpacked it to my desktop...??
- Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details. done i think i have done it write.
- Save the file as wp-config.php. done this.
- Upload everything. upload what were and how?
- Open /wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again. If it fails again, please go to the support forums with as much data as you can gather.
- Note the password given to you.
- The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on 'Profile' to change the password.
if any could shed a little light would be more then greatfull