A bit of background on them:
- They're social media experts so I don't need to teach them that.
- They work with big national companies - some even advertising during prime time TV.
- I've been interning here for about 2-3 months and am close to either getting a good job here or a JV partnership.
Here's the presentation outline I've made so far, would love to get your thoughts on what else to include/eliminate?
Difference between visitor vs. conversion - Awareness means nothing anymore.
Internet marketing is all about generating conversions.
1. SEM - Google, Yahoo, Bing
SEO (free traffic)
- On page SEO
- Off page SEO
PPC (paid traffic)
- Google AdWords
- Search network (warm prospects - people looking for you!) vs. Content network (interruption marketing - cold prospects)
- Explain: Clicks, impressions, CTR, CPC, conversion rate, cost-per-conversion
- Quality score determines keyword CPC - keyword grouping, ad CTR, landing page quality
- Avg. CTR and CPC
- Techniques to improve CTR and decrease CPC
2. AFFILIATE MARKETING - win/win
- Affiliates get a good deal - all they do is refer someone. Publishers get a good deal - they receive a sale they would've probably missed out on.
- Build a virtual sales force that works 24/7 for free!
- Pay only for performance - impossible to lose
- Commission rates vary across industries
- Affiliates can use any number of channels available to them. Eg. Free advertising, paid advertising, viral marketing, social media, email marketing, offline promotion
- Affiliates accept all the risk when promoting your product/service.
- Risk to client: They generate traffic through spam, or they advertise in places you don't want your brand associated on. Eg. Pornhub
CONVERSION OPTIMIZATION - the secret to getting twice the conversions from half the traffic is split testing. Eg. US vs. JAPAN car companies in the 1970's
- "You can't improve what you don't measure"
- Have a direct response website with a clear primary call to action.
- Always split test elements of the website and sales process
- Cheaper to invest in split testing than getting more traffic
- Don't waste traffic by having a poorly converting website
- Explain sales funnels - squeeze page > sell > upsell > backend
- Autoresponders - takes an average of 7 views of a site until someone makes a purchase
- It's ok to break even and even lose money on the front end product because the money is in the backend.
ADVANCED INTERNET MARKETING STRATEGIES
1. Promotions for a new product/re-launch/re-awaken sales during a down turn
- Product launch technique - give (moving the freeline), give, give, LAUNCH, scarcity (limited quantity, price will go up, first mover bonuses)
2. Joint venture deals
- Email blast to a big list eg. High profile blogger, magazine, niche websites, competitor websites,
3. Build an email list of subscribers - no.1 ASSET
- Improve relationship with your subscribers
- Show the maths of sending a promo email to a loyal subscriber base
- Why it's more effective than Facebook groups
1. Higher response rate
2. More measurable - good for clients
- Top ways to kill your email marketing and get high unsubscribe rates!
Thanks in advance!