complete newbie here, need coaching on IM

25 replies
Well, not a complete newbie, I have brought countless of I'M books I can think of and tried self teaching myself and couldn't come to complete my task. Either I'm lost in the course or there's another IM ebooks poping up in my inbox these days claiming to be better than the other guru which in turn made me put my old work on shelf. All I want to do is make money. From what I've been told, blogging and article marketing is easy if you can have someone make a niche content site with added affilate links. If anyone can teach me how to do that, that will be greatly appericate thanks!
#coaching #complete #newbie
  • Profile picture of the author TristanPerry
    What's the longest amount of time you've spent on any one method?

    Edit: As T.I.M. wisely points out below, looking at the amount of work put into any one method is best And yes, feel free to PM me too if you'd like.
    Signature
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2407666].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author T.I.M.
      I like Tristans question & it is valid but to get deeper to the source would be What is the amount of work you've done on one method?

      I think we may have been in the same shoes you are in now hourox.

      Which of the systems made most sense to you logically? Take a minute or a few & think about it...

      Most systems work. Honestly they're not all millionaire maker systems on auto pilot like they make you believe. A harder truth is to make affiliate marketing work for you is you need to make a system work by putting in the work.

      - Choose the system or method you bought that made most sense to you.
      - Next put it to work to the T for at least 2 weeks. NO SHORTCUTS. The basics of learning a system AND following it through will be far more valuable than buying the next new "This is it & will make me an online baller!" system method etc.
      - Ya gotta crawl before you walk.

      If you need anything or have questions about how to do this or that etc. pm me & I'm sure Tristan will be the same way.

      Best, Tim
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2407702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hourox95
        Originally Posted by T.I.M. View Post

        I like Tristans question & it is valid but to get deeper to the source would be What is the amount of work you've done on one method?

        I think we may have been in the same shoes you are in now hourox.

        Which of the systems made most sense to you logically? Take a minute or a few & think about it...

        Most systems work. Honestly they're not all millionaire maker systems on auto pilot like they make you believe. A harder truth is to make affiliate marketing work for you is you need to make a system work by putting in the work.

        - Choose the system or method you bought that made most sense to you.
        - Next put it to work to the T for at least 2 weeks. NO SHORTCUTS. The basics of learning a system AND following it through will be far more valuable than buying the next new "This is it & will make me an online baller!" system method etc.

        - Ya gotta crawl before you walk.

        If you need anything or have questions about how to do this or that etc. pm me & I'm sure Tristan will be the same way.

        Best, Tim
        First, I want to thank you for the advice on what I should be doing if I'm serious about making money online. Wanted to know if there is anyone on Warrior Forum who've been in the same light as I am and glad to know I'll have questions that I can ask the experienced marketer. Second, the market I'm interesting is working on is blogging and article niches. The problem is there's too many ways to work the market. I just want to know the one important info the market I'm using to really make money. Sorry I can't PM you as I need to post more often to send you a message. Pm me your contact info and we'll talk from there. Again thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hourox95
      [QUOTE=TristanPerry;2407666]What's the longest amount of time you've spent on any one method?

      Edit: As T.I.M. wisely points out below, looking at the amount of work put into any one method is best And yes, feel free to PM me too if you'd like.[/QUOTEto


      To be perfectly honest with you, I barely made it past page five. And the most I've spend on one ebook would be an hour. It's not that I'm lazy, I means there's countless of ebooks or video flowing through my indox claiming the other is better than the other. That cause me to dump the one I'm working on and move to a new one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411041].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dsprank
        Originally Posted by hourox95 View Post


        To be perfectly honest with you, I barely made it past page five. And the most I've spend on one ebook would be an hour. It's not that I'm lazy, I means there's countless of ebooks or video flowing through my indox claiming the other is better than the other. That cause me to dump the one I'm working on and move to a new one.
        You don't need coaching, it sounds like you have more information than you will need. You will have to buckle down and get through a few of those books.

        I am sorry to have to say this, but it will be hard for any one to want to coach you if they think that you will end up quiting any time that you check your email.

        You have spent money on these courses, now go get what you paid for.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author link8
    Banned
    Hi,

    I'm creating a membership site with complete video trainings and private coaching. I can give you free access and give you free coaching in exchange of a video testimonial.
    Signature
    Get Paid to Play Games! #1 Video Game Tester Site in Clickbank! www.gamingjobsonline.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2407709].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hourox95
      Originally Posted by link8 View Post

      Hi,

      I'm creating a membership site with complete video trainings and private coaching. I can give you free access and give you free coaching in exchange of a video testimonial.
      Is your website created yet? If so, post the link pls.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Green
    Definitely become an expert at one topic. Keep going until you get results. After so much reading and learning you have to implement. It can be scary as hell, but you just have to do it. Write, blog, design, whatever you like doing, keep doing it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reynoldscorb
    I would highly recommend sticking with one thing until you make money. Even if it takes months. Other than that, I think you might find it hard to pick up a mentor unless you're willing to pay him or her.

    A lot of people try to pay with "50% of my future earnings" but that = 0 so I wouldn't recommend trying that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411087].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hourox95
      Originally Posted by reynoldscorb View Post

      I would highly recommend sticking with one thing until you make money. Even if it takes months. Other than that, I think you might find it hard to pick up a mentor unless you're willing to pay him or her.

      A lot of people try to pay with "50% of my future earnings" but that = 0 so I wouldn't recommend trying that.
      Thanks! I'll try to stick with one IM unless the other "GURUS" convince my hungry mind to buy their products ! I'm curious, what IM you're working on right now? Is it bringing you money to quit your dayjob?

      Originally Posted by Mary Green View Post

      Definitely become an expert at one topic. Keep going until you get results. After so much reading and learning you have to implement. It can be scary as hell, but you just have to do it. Write, blog, design, whatever you like doing, keep doing it.
      Thanks! Yes all that reading and learning got my head spinning. I'm going to keep on plugging.

      Originally Posted by Shaleniie Devi View Post

      You have to realize that what the 'gurus' want to do is ALSO make money themselves, that is the reality of business.

      So naturally, they claim to be one-up over another, which may be true in respect to some products.

      You, hourox95, have to focus on the CORE... find a system that connects with you, one that you feel you can make work and all you have to do is MAKE IT WORK (disclaimer: hard work involved).

      You got to stop being wishy washy... why not unsubscribe from the lists and focus on making money for you, not making money for them.


      -Shaleniie
      Thanks for the advice!

      Originally Posted by dsprank View Post

      You don't need coaching, it sounds like you have more information than you will need. You will have to buckle down and get through a few of those books.

      I am sorry to have to say this, but it will be hard for any one to want to coach you if they think that you will end up quiting any time that you check your email.

      You have spent money on these courses, now go get what you paid for.
      Thanks for being frank with me because that's exactly what I need, a dose of reality.

      Originally Posted by 91213 View Post

      Information overload, copywriters mind control.......

      I can see it by what you type and the stuff that you're receiving seemgly is saying there are 1000 ways to skin a cat and each author has "the way". My best answer would be use the one that will let you outsource because there seems to be a lot of sex appeal in the emails your receiving. Choose the outsource method and ask the right questions in here. That way you can get different advice from everyone instead of waiting and relying on a coach that answers when he gets ready.

      Hope this helps. Note my opinion is quite worthless.
      It helps. I would rather for members of this forums tell me their experience with IM than GURU since I know for a fact most of them are or been in my shoes before.

      Originally Posted by link8 View Post

      I think coaching is best for newbies. Why? Because like mentioned there are too many information out there. If you are a newbie do you exactly know which one is the best to follow?

      It's like a jungle out there, would you rather be lost in a jungle with a map?

      or have someone who's been in and out of the jungle and show you the exact way?

      Our first module will be finished this august 20. Please message me around August 14 so I can give you free access to our first module
      Sure if that's going to make me stay the course to make money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411497].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tyroneshum
      Originally Posted by reynoldscorb View Post

      I would highly recommend sticking with one thing until you make money. Even if it takes months. Other than that, I think you might find it hard to pick up a mentor unless you're willing to pay him or her.

      A lot of people try to pay with "50% of my future earnings" but that = 0 so I wouldn't recommend trying that.
      True. Sticking with the systems, concept or even the guru which you think feels closer to you and your passion and interest would be the easiest way to go. Though, it really will take time to determine them unless you've even tried acting out what they taught and then testing them. If one doesn't work then rinse and repeat but if it still doesn't work then you need to switch to your Guru B. Remember, being in the Internet Marketing world wouldn't be succeeded in a flash and it really takes time to learn, evaluate and take action from the ones you follow through online.
      Signature
      outsourcinglive.com
      Follow me on my 90 Day Challenge to rank no. 1 on Google
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Connect with me at: outsourcinglive.com/google-plus
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaleniie Devi
    Originally Posted by hourox95 View Post

    Either I'm lost in the course or there's another IM ebooks poping up in my inbox these days claiming to be better than the other guru which in turn made me put my old work on shelf. All I want to do is make money.

    You have to realize that what the 'gurus' want to do is ALSO make money themselves, that is the reality of business.

    So naturally, they claim to be one-up over another, which may be true in respect to some products.

    You, hourox95, have to focus on the CORE... find a system that connects with you, one that you feel you can make work and all you have to do is MAKE IT WORK (disclaimer: hard work involved).

    You got to stop being wishy washy... why not unsubscribe from the lists and focus on making money for you, not making money for them.


    -Shaleniie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author link8
    Banned
    I think coaching is best for newbies. Why? Because like mentioned there are too many information out there. If you are a newbie do you exactly know which one is the best to follow?

    It's like a jungle out there, would you rather be lost in a jungle with a map?

    or have someone who's been in and out of the jungle and show you the exact way?

    Our first module will be finished this august 20. Please message me around August 14 so I can give you free access to our first module
    Signature
    Get Paid to Play Games! #1 Video Game Tester Site in Clickbank! www.gamingjobsonline.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pluton
    Focus, Focus, Focus and Focus on one thing at a time. If you keep on changing from one IM book to another then you will still be doing the same thing in 12 months time and will have got absoutely nowhere.
    Take your first book and worry it to death - do not deviate - eventually you will make progress.
    Success does not come overnight nor in 2 weeks or 2 months but stick at it and it will come.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techinik
    Originally Posted by hourox95 View Post

    Well, not a complete newbie, I have brought countless of I'M books I can think of and tried self teaching myself and couldn't come to complete my task. Either I'm lost in the course or there's another IM ebooks poping up in my inbox these days claiming to be better than the other guru which in turn made me put my old work on shelf. All I want to do is make money. From what I've been told, blogging and article marketing is easy if you can have someone make a niche content site with added affilate links. If anyone can teach me how to do that, that will be greatly appericate thanks!
    Now that's the problem. People buy bunch of ebooks read them and then start watching youtube and then ask "why I am not making money?"
    Here's the secret grab 1 book and start implementing its methods.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2411569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yin Ryu
    Just like products you'll even hop from one mentor to another. Better take action on what you learned from those IM products or WSO's. Taking action is the best advice you'll get for free from any mentor or other marketers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2449089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RahulNag
    If you are focused on blogging and article marketing, then go to Yaro Starak's site and download his free e-book on Blogging - Blog Profits Blueprint and then Roadmap To Becoming A Blogger.

    These are written in a clear conversational style. He has also a Blog Mastermind Group to coach people with how to blog properly.

    However, I would then advise you to follow what the others here have said - if you choose Yaro Starak's advise - just follow this to the end - no diverting course. Focus on this and make adjustments as you go along.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2449384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hourox95
      Originally Posted by RahulNag View Post

      If you are focused on blogging and article marketing, then go to Yaro Starak's site and download his free e-book on Blogging - Blog Profits Blueprint and then Roadmap To Becoming A Blogger.

      These are written in a clear conversational style. He has also a Blog Mastermind Group to coach people with how to blog properly.

      However, I would then advise you to follow what the others here have said - if you choose Yaro Starak's advise - just follow this to the end - no diverting course. Focus on this and make adjustments as you go along.
      Thanks for the advice. Just one question though, do you have the link to Yaro Starak's website?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author farrarh
    Hourox95 presented a great question. Finding a guru that makes sense is difficult because they all make sense and they all have the latest and greatest! It takes time to figure out whether the guru is telling the truth or a great salesman. Unfortunately, time is limited when you have a life and can only spare 10-hours a week.

    My suggestion (and what I have to tell myself every day) focus on the basics and start the momentum. But boy is this difficult! Information OVERLOAD is part of my challenge - trying to stay up with the latest and newest.

    You have my sympathy. FOCUS and halt the OVERLOAD.
    Best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2450517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hourox95
      Originally Posted by farrarh View Post

      Hourox95 presented a great question. Finding a guru that makes sense is difficult because they all make sense and they all have the latest and greatest! It takes time to figure out whether the guru is telling the truth or a great salesman. Unfortunately, time is limited when you have a life and can only spare 10-hours a week.

      My suggestion (and what I have to tell myself every day) focus on the basics and start the momentum. But boy is this difficult! Information OVERLOAD is part of my challenge - trying to stay up with the latest and newest.

      You have my sympathy. FOCUS and halt the OVERLOAD.
      Best of luck!
      One thing I know for sure is that there are posters here who share what I'm going through. Information OVERLOAD? You bet! Trying to unlearn then relearn the market I'm FOCUS on doing right now. Thanks for the advice!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460554].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ruhi Acharya
        blogging is fantastic but remember you should really love the niche if you want to blog about it not that you cannot blog on things you do not love

        but when you love something you tend not to get bored writing bout that subject

        thats what i do i only have blogs in niches i either love or the niches which i really want to know a lot more about

        you do not need to read a book on how to blog to blog

        just start writing content even if its pretty basic its k

        slowly you will get a grasp of it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    Guru's really, really suck. They won't tell you the whole story because they want to simply sell you more products.

    Get comfortable with one business model and then stick with it and put on the blinders. When you begin making money with THAT method, then you can move on to other methods.
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2450581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VladWorks
    The best solution as countless have said above is just to get down to it and work hard.

    Its easy to get into once you get going. You will start to make progress and then get excited.

    There are many hard and boring days but they are all worth it.

    Virtually every system out there today will make you money no doubt. Non will make a you millionare over nite. But just follow it through and you will get there!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aspirasi
    This is a new method that you can try...
    Just click on my on my signature for more information..
    And of course, you DO have to put in the work in order to succeed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    HubPages is great (see my .sig). With 200 Hubs under my belt I'm earning decent money now, and just about every new Hub I write is making money.
    Signature
    ÖŽ FindABlog: Find blogs to comment on, guest posting opportunities and more ÖŽ




    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2460882].message }}

Trending Topics