by jozzer
79 replies
The most important aspect of being an Internet Marketer is Honesty and Integrity. In my opinion we should all show our personal picture in the Forums. I've got nothing to hide. What you see is what you get guys, so let's all start getting real and get those avatars up.

All the best,
Mark
#pictures #profile
  • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
    I feel the same about avatars, but I also feel it gives you much more credibility when you use your real, full name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413691].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Rufus
      Originally Posted by Gene Pimentel View Post

      I feel the same about avatars, but I also feel it gives you much more credibility when you use your real, full name.
      Very true Gene.

      I actually made a whole new profile so that people could see "the real me", warts and all.

      We don't have anything to hide and integrity is an "integral" part of doing business.

      Great book, Dan Kennedy's Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs.

      Reach new heights,

      Nathan
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413763].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mcmahanusa
        I prefer to use an avatar (well, actually a picture of one of my heroes), not because I'm trying to hide anything, but as soon as I put up my real picture, then the usual comparisons with George Clooney arise, and then things just get complicated.
        Signature

        Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become - Jim Rohn

        Visit our beautiful gardens

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413778].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mcmahanusa
          Okay, I lied just a little bit there. Actually, the comparisons are to Gabby Hayes, but the problems are still there.
          Signature

          Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become - Jim Rohn

          Visit our beautiful gardens

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucky500
    Have to agree with both of you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maddi
    I've always had my real name here, but had my cartoon avatar since day 1 on the WF.

    Don't know why I didn't put my picture up - no particular reason. But yes you gotta be yourself and be personal.

    Funny you started this thread here, as I had something very similar earlier today. Check it out here, http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...o-earlier.html It has a funny twist to it

    Maddi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Gosse
    Me and my 2 siamese twins agree
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ElectricChili
    It's the only way to fly!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Winlin
    I thinks that if that's what you like that's awesome, but you shouldn't cast a negative light on those of us who prefer an Avatar... and by the way how do I know a photo is anymore a real the my Avatar?

    I could easily switch to a photo at some point, but certainly not because the council of elders think it should be so... LOL

    To your successes - WinLin
    Signature
    Even Average Writers Can Make Money Online By Writing
    BZAU.com
    Current Article: Get Paid for Posting At This Facebook Alternative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author virtualfaqs
    I agree. Being yourself is the way to go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcmahanusa
    Originally Posted by ProductCreator View Post

    It's not about having nothing to hide. Some people here on WF prefer to protect their privacy.

    For example, I'm just amazed how some Warriors publish their home addresses. A quick copy and paste into Google maps shows their nice picket fences.

    I know of at least one Warrior who has been stalked by someone dangerous. I have heard of this happening with many other business owners too.

    Thanks for that advice. Something I had never considered.
    Signature

    Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become - Jim Rohn

    Visit our beautiful gardens

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sandra Martinez
    Originally Posted by jozzer View Post

    The most important aspect of being an Internet Marketer is Honesty and Integrity. In my opinion we should all show our personal picture in the Forums. I've got nothing to hide. What you see is what you get guys, so let's all start getting real and get those avatars up.

    All the best,
    Mark
    Sorry, I disagree.

    To show a pic or a name does not guarantee Honesty or Integrity... coherence of what you say with what you do does.

    Sandra
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MrDay
      Originally Posted by Sandra Martinez View Post

      Sorry, I disagree.

      To show a pic or a name does not guarantee Honesty or Integrity... coherence of what you say with what you do does.

      Sandra

      Totally true....
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Kennedy
      Originally Posted by Sandra Martinez View Post

      Sorry, I disagree.

      To show a pic or a name does not guarantee Honesty or Integrity... coherence of what you say with what you do does.

      Sandra
      Exactly. Besides, I can understand why females on this forum would maybe prefer not to show a profile photo. Look at the ones who do, then go into their profiles, they often have 10,000+ views and very "nice" visitor messages.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414976].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NikkiS
        Originally Posted by Scott Kennedy View Post

        Exactly. Besides, I can understand why females on this forum would maybe prefer not to show a profile photo. Look at the ones who do, then go into their profiles, they often have 10,000+ views and very "nice" visitor messages.
        Really? I think I need to change my pic :confused:
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christophe Young
    I always take people who have professional pics of themselves a lot more seriously.

    Most of the more knowledgeable warriors around here happen to do just that.
    Signature
    Under Construction
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413863].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sandra Martinez
      Originally Posted by Christophe Young View Post

      I always take people who have professional pics of themselves a lot more seriously.

      Most of the more knowledgeable warriors around here happen to do just that.
      Paul Myers, Allen Says, Big Mike... do they ring your bell?

      to put an image and/or a real name are business decisions. What is true is that if someone comes here looking for business and jvs, it will help to have a nice looking picture and a name people can relate with.

      Some use pic even if they don't need it, some don't even if they need it... but in general, that is what I have seen in this forum and others...

      Sandra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414046].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theory expert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Sandra Martinez View Post

        Paul Myers, Allen Says, Big Mike... do they ring your bell?

        to put an image and/or a real name are business decisions. What is true is that if someone comes here looking for business and jvs, it will help to have a nice looking picture and a name people can relate with.

        Some use pic even if they don't need it, some don't even if they need it... but in general, that is what I have seen in this forum and others...

        Sandra
        Like you said it is a business decision. You can position yourself how you want. There is no right or wrong answer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414514].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jozzer
      Well, I didn't realise this new thread would generate as many comments as it has. Gene Pimentel is dead right about having your own name, instead of a nickname or something obscure. How do I get mine changed to Mark Johnson if it's available?

      Thanks for all your comments so far guys and good luck to you all.

      Mark
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414837].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by jozzer View Post

        Well, I didn't realise this new thread would generate as many comments as it has. Gene Pimentel is dead right about having your own name, instead of a nickname or something obscure. How do I get mine changed to Mark Johnson if it's available?

        Thanks for all your comments so far guys and good luck to you all.

        Mark
        I can agree on the name or the company name rather than something really obscure ... don't agree on photo at all. My avatar works for me. It's on domainingdiva.com and on domainingdiva.com/divadomains and on flipace. That's called branding and it's branding that has worked well for me.

        It suits me. I enjoy humor and sarcasm and my avatar reflects both. It also eliminates preconceived notions that people have because of how you might look ... maybe you were born with a deformity, maybe you're old, maybe you're a bombshell and don't want to be perceived as an airhead. Maybe you work for corporate America and don't want your boss seeing you. There are many reasons not to use a photo at all or use an avatar.

        I do use my real name, although it is shortened so it doesn't skew the formatting of the tables in the forum, as it is a long name, but sooner or later, people know me by my posts, as they do anyone who contributes regularly.

        I instantly recognize all the toons here and know what to expect from them and many can guess what to expect from me. That is called reputation building.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew23
    This thread made me change my avatar. I might be one of the youngest guys on the forum but I'm not afraid to show it. Just joined this forum, but I'm definitely here to stay. I have learned a plethora of information in just my short time here.

    Thanks WF!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan UK
    Who thinks me consuming a bottle of Bud as my avatar is inappropriate?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JDArchitecture
      Sorry, but I think it's nonsense.

      One of the first rules in sales is don't give the prospect a reason to say no. Throwing your photo into the mix opens all sorts of doors to rejection.

      Names and photos can be faked just as easily as sincerity & honesty.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413931].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Jackson
        Originally Posted by JDArchitecture View Post

        Sorry, but I think it's nonsense.

        One of the first rules in sales is don't give the prospect a reason to say no. Throwing your photo into the mix opens all sorts of doors to rejection.
        I guess that means all those racists out there are going to stop using my services, once they find out I'm really a black guy. :rolleyes:

        David Jackson
        Signature

        Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
        http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413959].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JDArchitecture
          Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post

          I guess that means all those racists out there are going to stop using my services, once they find out I'm really a black guy. :rolleyes:

          David Jackson
          Unfortunately, yes.

          It would make for an interesting test.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414482].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Laura B
        Originally Posted by JDArchitecture View Post

        Sorry, but I think it's nonsense.

        One of the first rules in sales is don't give the prospect a reason to say no. Throwing your photo into the mix opens all sorts of doors to rejection.

        Names and photos can be faked just as easily as sincerity & honesty.
        But don't you think having an avatar that people may or may not like opens just as many doors to rejection? Honest question.
        Signature
        Free ebook: Affiliate Marketing: Just the FAQs
        Affiliate marketing for brand spankin' newbies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413997].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JDArchitecture
          Originally Posted by Laura B View Post

          But don't you think having an avatar that people may or may not like opens just as many doors to rejection? Honest question.
          No. People react to human faces much differently.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414488].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JDArchitecture
            I want to clarify a couple of points.

            While limited, there is evidence that images of humans improve trust and general favorability of a website.

            The images do not have to be photos.

            The important thing is humanizing the material/product/author. To that end, cartoons and caricatures can and do have the same positive effects. I think they may actually be better.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414555].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author timpears
              I have had my real picture for my avatar for some time. And I put pictures of my little brother in my posts sometimes. Like this one for instance.
              Signature

              Tim Pears

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Laura B
    I agree that it's professional to have a real photo and name, but also have to admit - as others have mentioned - that those can easily be faked. But I think for the most part you can tell which people are for real and which feel just a little "shady."
    Signature
    Free ebook: Affiliate Marketing: Just the FAQs
    Affiliate marketing for brand spankin' newbies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2413922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Winlin
    Let's just do away with any form of differentiation and we can all wear uniforms... sounds a little too familiar doesn't it?

    I'm just curious why all the photo people are being a bit self righteous about the fact that they bare all.... what's next "Warrior Nudest Colony" ... "If you're not willing to bare all you're not to be trusted....lmao!


    I've had my say... back to business here .
    Signature
    Even Average Writers Can Make Money Online By Writing
    BZAU.com
    Current Article: Get Paid for Posting At This Facebook Alternative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Absolutely ... get those real pics up there folks. Couldn't agree more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414072].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Absolutely ... get those real pics up there folks. Couldn't agree more.
      Very Funny!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
    It's not as much about the photo or name itself as it is about transparency and trust. You can develop trust even without a photo of yourself, but speaking for myself, I'm much more likely to buy from someone who displays their photo and real name.

    Yes, photos and names can be easily faked. But when you do choose to be transparent, there are many other things that prove you're for real. For instance, I attend seminars. Many photos get taken, many personal details are swapped.

    The privacy issue is a false argument. If you're doing business online, All I need to know is a minor detail like your paypal address in order to find ALL your publicly available details, including your physical address, name, and photos.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
      Something I never understand is why people put their home address in their autoresponder. Why not use a box address?

      Because it makes no difference. All you have to do is request the real address from the Post Office and they must provide it.


      Like I said, I know of at least one Warrior whose family was stalked by a psychotic person. There was also a guy in the UK who was stalked by a German guy who posted on his gaming forum. The German guy came over and killed him and his girlfriend. Even in my old company, a crazy Canadian guy flew all the way to the UK to stalk the company because he believed that they were responsible for him losing money.

      And just as many people have been stalked by loonies who were never given the personal details. That's why it's a false argument. Anybody who is going to stalk you will EASILY get your private information. There are hundreds of sources.


      Perhaps in this day and age, it's impossible to be 100% private anymore. But that's not to say you shouldn't take any precautions at all.

      I agree. But the simple act of "not posting your address" will only make you feel better psychologically. It's like locking your front door. It'll keep the innocents out, but anybody who wants to get in, will.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joel Gray
    I have to agree with using a picture, and as far as stalking goes it would make for an interesting evening if someone was to show up at my house unannounced. This is if they get by the Pitbulls and the American Bulldog then actually make it to the door...LOL...I mean make it to the door unharmed.

    Joel
    Signature

    "Punish The Deed, Not The Breed"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    There is no way in ןןǝɥ I'm putting up my real photo or name.

    ┬ípıp ı ʇooɥs ɥo

    Hate it when that happens!

    Have a Great Day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414256].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
      That be me over there
      <=============

      Transparency has worked well in my business. As one pointed out here, you could lose a few customers if they don't like your looks. I had one who told me I looked terrible and they'd never buy from me, that I should look more like Eben Pagan. I told them to go buy Eben's stuff. However, on the balance, I profit from having my picture up.
      Signature
      Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414369].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
        Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

        That be me over there
        <=============

        Transparency has worked well in my business. As one pointed out here, you could lose a few customers if they don't like your looks. I had one who told me I looked terrible and they'd never buy from me, that I should look more like Eben Pagan. I told them to go buy Eben's stuff. However, on the balance, I profit from having my picture up.
        Is that really you Kevin? I thought that was a pic of one of the original members of the Bee Gees.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2510397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Wright
    Originally Posted by jozzer View Post

    The most important aspect of being an Internet Marketer is Honesty and Integrity. In my opinion we should all show our personal picture in the Forums. I've got nothing to hide. What you see is what you get guys, so let's all start getting real and get those avatars up.

    All the best,
    Mark
    If it's your real picture it's not an avatar.

    George Wright
    Signature
    "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NikkiS
    This forum is the only place I have my actual photo, and reluctantly FTR.

    Isn't this about branding and marketing after all? If your name and photo are part of your brand ie: Tony Robbins, then it makes perfect sense, but other than that I don't see it as a necessity.

    I have no idea what the CEO at Coca Cola looks like but I still buy the product.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Jackson
      Originally Posted by NikkiS View Post

      I have no idea what the CEO at Coca Cola looks like but I still buy the product.
      That may be true. But you can bet your bottom dollar, a lot of consumers purchased Chrysler products in the 80's, because of Lee Iacocca. Personal branding can be extremely powerful.

      David Jackson
      Signature

      Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
      http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414490].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NikkiS
        Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post

        That may be true. But you can bet your bottom dollar, a lot of consumers purchased Chrysler products in the 80's, because of Lee Iacocca. Personal branding cab be extremely powerful.

        David Jackson
        I agree with you David, personal branding can be very powerful. The avatar you use here portrays (to me anyway) a very businesslike, professional image and someone who I would feel comfortable taking advice from/doing business with.

        However, not all are as polished as you. I recently watched a marketing video in which the guy was sitting around a pretty messy looking place in a crumpled tracksuit. The info was ok but his credibility went out the door for me. I would have paid more attention if he had used a cartoon character and a voice-over.

        I'm still a new person in these forums and my avatar is just to make me look friendly (I hope) until folks get to know me.

        When I start selling my services and developing WSOs then the lights will be brighter and I'll be in a suit
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414560].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JDArchitecture
          Originally Posted by NikkiS View Post

          I recently watched a marketing video in which the guy was sitting around a pretty messy looking place in a crumpled tracksuit.
          Some people take the "work in your underware at the kitchen table" a bit too seriously.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414567].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author David Jackson
          Originally Posted by NikkiS View Post

          I agree with you David, personal branding can be very powerful. The avatar you use here portrays (to me anyway) a very businesslike, professional image and someone who I would feel comfortable taking advice from/doing business with.
          Thanks, Nikki. I appreciate you saying that. I dress that way, because of the clientele I'm targeting. If you're going to target high-end clients, you'd better look the part.

          David Jackson
          Signature

          Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
          http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414621].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
            Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post

            Thanks, Nikki. I appreciate you saying that. I dress that way, because of the clientele I'm targeting. If you're going to target high-end clients, you'd better look the part.

            David Jackson
            Hello David,

            there is just 1 major risk making yourself the brand, if you make some kind of mistake such as accidentally killing somebody or you wind up in an institute for whatever reason because you went insane, then what do you think is going to happen to all that work you did to build up the brand?

            Where as had you not made yourself the brand and instead based around a company name and slogan, then the backlash would not be so great as people would not associate your name with the brand(Hope that made sense)

            Chris
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414635].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author David Jackson
              Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

              Hello David,

              there is just 1 major risk making yourself the brand, if you make some kind of mistake such as accidentally killing somebody or you wind up in an institute for whatever reason because you went insane, then what do you think is going to happen to all that work you did to build up the brand?

              Where as had you not made yourself the brand and instead based around a company name and slogan, then the backlash would not be so great as people would not associate your name with the brand(Hope that made sense)
              Hi Chris:

              Nefarious events can sabotage a company, with or without a personal brand. Case in point: BP.

              David Jackson
              Signature

              Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
              http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414652].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author theory expert
              Banned
              Originally Posted by skyfox7 View Post

              Hello David,

              there is just 1 major risk making yourself the brand, if you make some kind of mistake such as accidentally killing somebody or you wind up in an institute for whatever reason because you went insane, then what do you think is going to happen to all that work you did to build up the brand?

              Where as had you not made yourself the brand and instead based around a company name and slogan, then the backlash would not be so great as people would not associate your name with the brand(Hope that made sense)

              Chris
              Branding is in vogue and being anonymous isn't. Little do most people know some of the greatest successes are the people you never heard of. They are the ones who keeps the engines running in companies. Some of them finance some of these companies you associate with a face. An example is the guy who financed Tony Robbins. Most people don't know his name without googling. The people who currently is financing the Tony Robbins tv project, don't know their names either, but, they sure is rich.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DogScout
    I have been DogScout to more people and longer than I have been Mark. Google my real name and you get a Edgar Casey follower who wrote several books, not me. Google Dogsscout or DogScout and get me. Which is more transparent?



    <-----(BTW, That is Patrick Mcgoohan in the car, not me)
    Edit, talked me into a real pic of me. Not changing the name though.:rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    A photo makes you more credible? You ladies and gentlemen must be very easily manipulated if that is the case.

    Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    yeah! it's important to build a reputatble in evey business including intenet marketing.
    <=== there's goes my profilt photo ^^
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tamalanwar
    This is the real me, since I began my online journey, I never used n alias or a different avatar.
    Signature
    Tamal Anwar C.
    I transform old outdated 1990s/2000s websites
    into a fresh site of present time
    Learn How
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dremora
    I would if I could. I am not free from the corporate cubicle yet and if you read the rants featured in my blog, you'll understand. I'll put my name and photo once I no longer have to work for 'the man'.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 2stace
    I agree. A photo brands the person. If you are in internet marketing, you must brand yourself to get people to know, like, and trust you.

    Then, you will succeed online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopherNV
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2414994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jozzer
      You may even get a few from the blokes as well !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gokulmaba
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NicheMayhem
      I don't find much weight in anyone's photo to be quite honest. I associate the chosen avatar or picture with their style and know what to expect based on what I have seen them have to say.

      On this forum, your words surely have a much more specific effect on your overall reputation then any picture ever will. A running record of who you are is easily attained by visiting your profile and backtracking your posts. The image associated with your words will only give me an easier time remembering what I think of you regardless of a face or smiley or whatever.

      To be completely transparent though, my intention with my avatar image is to get you to remember Niche Mayhem because it is me and I am awesome.

      Signature
      Whether you think you can, or think you can't, YOU'RE RIGHT!! <~~Henry Ford

      Check out my video gigs on fiverr!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CBSnooper
    I totally agree. I always dress like this....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415041].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jozzer
      Nice shirt CBSnooper. I've got a few like that from my 70's days
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
    Hey your right gonna crop and rezise some pic of myself to scare anyone even thinking of talking whit me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
    does it show yet....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karan Goel
    Mine's on the left..
    Signature
    Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
    Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
    ~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
    karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Winlin
    This has gotten interesting. Outside of the fact that I believe in certain freedoms there is one glaring reason you would not find my real name and photo on here any time soon...

    I get paid a salary as an executive level employee for a manufacturing company. I can assure you if my employer had any thought that I was working on my own ventures it would send up red flags immediately.

    We always hear think outside of the box, but sometimes we need to remember to think as if we are in someone else's box as well...

    A splendid day to all - WinLin
    Signature
    Even Average Writers Can Make Money Online By Writing
    BZAU.com
    Current Article: Get Paid for Posting At This Facebook Alternative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jlxsolutions
      Originally Posted by Winlin View Post

      This has gotten interesting. Outside of the fact that I believe in certain freedoms there is one glaring reason you would not find my real name and photo on here any time soon...

      I get paid a salary as an executive level employee for a manufacturing company. I can assure you if my employer had any thought that I was working on my own ventures it would send up red flags immediately.

      We always hear think outside of the box, but sometimes we need to remember to think as if we are in someone else's box as well...

      A splendid day to all - WinLin
      I will NEVER work for someone else in my life even right now i might be facing economic disaster lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415236].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
      Originally Posted by Winlin View Post

      I get paid a salary as an executive level employee for a manufacturing company. I can assure you if my employer had any thought that I was working on my own ventures it would send up red flags immediately.
      That is a very valid reason to remain anonymous.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
    Very good points Chris.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcampbell075
    Yeah you're right and because of that, I just finish uploading my picture here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sylvia Meier
    I have always used my name and my picture here on the WF. When I first started online, I wouldn't use either. My reason was that I was really young (I was only 19 when I started online), and I look even younger than that, and I thought those things combined would hurt my credibility.

    It wasn't until years later I realized how much better it was to use my name and photo, both because of online and offline. (I have gotten jobs as a result of using my real photo and name online, where someone can Google me and see what I've done and do their own research on me.)

    Am I afraid some creep will come find me? Not really. The chances are so slim of that happening, I don't really feel it a risk.

    Sylvia
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2415750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I agree. A photo brands the person. If you are in internet marketing, you must brand yourself to get people to know, like, and trust you.
      But some photos make me wonder what the marketer sells...

      That's my picatar - Mikey Mayo sends them to me when he decides what I should look like this season This summer it's pastels:p

      Real name, though.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2417243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashley Wright
    Am not goin to lie but I actually don't have a avator small enough! everytime I try to load 1 it states image to big so if someone can advise me how i can go abouts it i will join the avator gang
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2510433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriorzX
    Good thread. I too have changed my avatar to convey my honesty and integrity.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597941].message }}

Trending Topics