This plan is based of data I collected last year and my monthly commission checks with amazon.
My overall goals - Is to earn at least $800 to a $1000 a day for months of Oct to December 2010. From experience I will tell you that sales slows down for me after around December 18th, based on last years data.
But other than that, I am fired up and have a detailed battle plan in place
Here is what I am doing right now
1. I have tested over hundreds of products that I know that will sell during the holiday season. I used data from last year and am using hub pages to quickly see if there is a demand for any new products
2. I have list of over 150 wordpress blogs that I will finish by the end of August. Each blog contains products that have a great chance of making money
3. Each blog is silo structured and optimized for three keywords of between 4000- 7000 searches a month
4. For each blog I will have a least 8-10 pages of unique content and a pre-sell page to amazon. I am using the Seth Godin Plugin and it is super ninja for selling the clicks.
5. At the end of august here is my traffic plan:
a. Build at least 40 -50 links for each blog
b. Convert posts into video and distribute video
c. Goal here is to create and auto submit video with tube mogul so that links will automatically be spread out and point back over time to the blogs on a consistent basis
6. For the blogs that are making sales I plan to spend money on banner ads only to ramp up traffic. Right now I do not use Google. I pay maximum between 2c-3c a click only and nothing more on a specific network. Also, I am only sending traffic to websites that only make sales.
That is in a nutshell my traffic plan. It is a lot of work but I have outsourced staff whom I pay $300 a month per person who pretty much take care of the heavy lifting
This goal for me is quite easy and do-able as I done this last year
Now lets say you have little to no experience and want to do this and get started. Here is what I suggest you do
1. Focus on your mindset. Dig deep and get to why you want to do it and what you are willing to give up to do it. It will take time and effort so get your mind ready upfront. And when you start you will find reasons why you cannot do it. Make sure you have the right mindset and plan upfront
2. Go to amazon bestsellers list. These are proven winners. Select the top 10 products from different categories
3. Build hub pages immediately. With focused and dedicated work you can easily build 50-100 hub pages easily. Outsource if you need to
4. Promote them with a few links. See which are selling
5. Next start to build your blogs. Depending on your income goals you do not need 150 blogs. You may only need 20-30 product blogs to get to your goals
6. Never give up. Get cracking, work hard and smart for one month. Sacrifice a little bit of your time and you will be all set in to cash up on this holiday season
From experience I recommend you start now. Get your sites ranking before the mainstream holidays kick in and you will make money
And remember you do not need to build 150 websites. That is my goal for the holidays. What is your battleplan?
Please feel free to leave your comments below and I will help you as much as I can
Get ready for an awesome holiday sales season.