Killer Niches In 2010 That Will Not Fail You!!!

21 replies
We are half way through 2010. I am myself in a lot of niches. But there are always people in here asking which niche is the best, so I thought I would help out.

As it is all about testing, some have worked and some have been 'bloody disasters'. *frowns*

It is all about the market, sell what already sells, and make sure you have a damn hungry market. Otherwise you are bound to fail miserably. That is why people give up so soon, they pick the wrong niches expecting to do well. WRONG MOVE!!!

Here are my top three niches that are doing exceptionally well in the last six months.

** -- Health & Wellness --**
** -- Learning To Play Music / Instrument --**
** -- Blog Software --**


I am doing the best with 1 and 2. Sometimes you think the niches with lots of competition are the worst.....NO WAY HOSEA!!!
#2010 #fail #killer #niches
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Sniper
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431821].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Profit Sniper View Post

      You are forgetting nature, home & gardening? Gueesing you are not there yet
      nope I stick to a strict set of rules.

      Find three niches per year.... get them working and making you nice money...then rinse and repeat the next year with the next three. I remember someone saying that in here a few years ago, and he outsourced everything he did....was making about 10k per month. I can say that I do infact make 5 figures a month, concentrating on just these. I do some work myself and outsource alot of stuff like articles, press releases, blog comments etc..... works like a treat.

      Trouble is most people never take action. and lose faith. But who said marketing online was going to be easy.

      The internet is constantly changing, so I say use that to your advantage.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431836].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CliveG
        Originally Posted by celente View Post

        nope I stick to a strict set of rules.

        Find three niches per year.... .
        I like rules - they impose a level of discipline, even if some say rules are meant to be broken.

        As a matter of interest when do you plan to start your search for your 2011 niches?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432351].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author celente
          Originally Posted by CliveG View Post

          I like rules - they impose a level of discipline, even if some say rules are meant to be broken.

          As a matter of interest when do you plan to start your search for your 2011 niches?
          Hi clive a good question....

          These rules work well.... i do this year in and year out, and you will always find that even with the same exposure one niche will always outshine the others.

          For now I am in these three, and have another membership site. But I normally start testing others at the end of the year. I will keep you updated.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marykom
    Get a notepad and write a niche ideas that you have now. One might think that you remember, but you will not. When you get a few ideas, it is time to look deeper. It is really useful to be sure there is a good market before even thinking about creating a product. Here are 7 free tools to search online:

    1. Google Zeitgeist to begin with check out the hottest search trends at Google Zeitgeist. Meaning "Spirit of the Times" it gives you an insight into the fastest rising and most popular searches on Google.

    2. Google Trends from Google Zeitgeist you can enter up to 5 of your keywords and get an idea of the popularity over time.

    3. Insights for Search, A deeper dive into search query data for marketers and power users

    4. The Lycos Top 50, this is another site, like Google Zeitgeist, where you can review the latest trends and look for hot topics to explore further.

    5. Yahoo! Buzz is community-based news article website where users can publish their own news stories.

    6. eBay Pulse is a great place to look for ideas for sub-niches.

    7. Amazon is a great place to see what currently exists for any given sub-niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by marykom View Post

      Get a notepad and write a niche ideas that you have now. One might think that you remember, but you will not. When you get a few ideas, it is time to look deeper. It is really useful to be sure there is a good market before even thinking about creating a product. Here are 7 free tools to search online:

      1. Google Zeitgeist to begin with check out the hottest search trends at Google Zeitgeist. Meaning "Spirit of the Times" it gives you an insight into the fastest rising and most popular searches on Google.

      2. Google Trends from Google Zeitgeist you can enter up to 5 of your keywords and get an idea of the popularity over time.

      3. Insights for Search, A deeper dive into search query data for marketers and power users

      4. The Lycos Top 50, this is another site, like Google Zeitgeist, where you can review the latest trends and look for hot topics to explore further.

      5. Yahoo! Buzz is community-based news article website where users can publish their own news stories.

      6. eBay Pulse is a great place to look for ideas for sub-niches.

      7. Amazon is a great place to see what currently exists for any given sub-niche
      Those are some great tips!!!

      But what you must remember is that I have businesses and they are solid, with market processes plans and sales funnels.

      Hot trends are good for ideas, but if you delve too deep you forget that they only last in the short term. i.e. u might make some money while its hot. But these die down quickly, sometimes within days. You will want to work with a niche that will last longer. I must admit sometimes hot niches I have been in last years...sometimes even longer....but it depends on the internet. But I test many niches to find the best ones....I dont have my heart set on one thing.

      What i am talking about is not about running a money spinner...its about running a real business, with a solid plan to make you money over the longer term.

      7) you make reference to is great. I made a stack of money off the motivational niche when "THE SECRET" was big!!! But I got my ideas off amazon. Its awesome and many people dont realize the true power in there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author activetrader
    Originally Posted by celente View Post


    Here are my top three niches that are doing exceptionally well in the last six months.

    ** -- Health & Wellness --**
    ** -- Learning To Play Music / Instrument --**
    ** -- Blog Software --**

    I am doing the best with 1 and 2. Sometimes you think the niches with lots of competition are the worst.....NO WAY HOSEA!!!
    The first two are definitely hot but they've always been hot... pretty competitive indeed
    Signature

    Me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431874].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by activetrader View Post

      The first two are definitely hot but they've always been hot... pretty competitive indeed
      competitive so that means people are not spending money on them?

      Rule one of marketing stuff online....

      Get out a big black pen and write it on your forehead "go to where the money is being spent"

      If you are even half good at this marketing game you have a nice field to play in. I do not say I am a guru or master, i just go to the niches I know sell well.

      But be different, why are you so special...why would someone want to buy from you and not joe bloggs down the road. Get in the buyers head and see what they are craving for and offer it to them.

      I recommend Frank Kerns Core Influence presentation. I have made lots of money from the brainstorming session on there. Become your buyer, think like your buyer, and be your buyer. That way you know and can empathize with them. Lots of sales pages I see don't do this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431885].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author activetrader
        Originally Posted by celente View Post

        competitive so that means people are not spending money on them?
        Are you following my drift???

        I agree the first two are hot.

        I agreed they are competitive.

        Competitive means there is money to be made to everyone who went to at least third grade.
        Signature

        Me

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HibikiTarek
      Originally Posted by activetrader View Post

      The first two are definitely hot but they've always been hot... pretty competitive indeed


      Yea thats correct and anyone starting out in IM with them might fail miserable because he cannot face or contain the fierce competitiveness of those niches
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431909].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author celente
        Originally Posted by HibikiTarek View Post

        Yea thats correct and anyone starting out in IM with them might fail miserable because he cannot face or contain the fierce competitiveness of those niches
        WOW!!!! spoken like a true NON tester.

        How can you be so certain when you have not even tested this.

        I was apathetic for years because I use to think like you. Then I actually got off my arse and built a list of hungry buyers...yes in competitive niches. I dont have to brag about the money, because I enjoy helping people in these niches anyway.

        I have learnt the valuable lesson, of get them in, help them for free, and they will see u are different and buy stuff from you even if it is somewhere down the track.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2431925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xohaibx
    Originally Posted by celente View Post

    We are half way through 2010. I am myself in a lot of niches. But there are always people in here asking which niche is the best, so I thought I would help out.

    As it is all about testing, some have worked and some have been 'bloody disasters'. *frowns*

    It is all about the market, sell what already sells, and make sure you have a damn hungry market. Otherwise you are bound to fail miserably. That is why people give up so soon, they pick the wrong niches expecting to do well. WRONG MOVE!!!

    Here are my top three niches that are doing exceptionally well in the last six months.

    ** -- Health & Wellness --**
    ** -- Learning To Play Music / Instrument --**
    ** -- Blog Software --**


    I am doing the best with 1 and 2. Sometimes you think the niches with lots of competition are the worst.....NO WAY HOSEA!!!
    The thing with the first two niches is that you need to be well placed in order to get the most out of them. So if there's someone who is just starting out in 2010, then those niches would probably prove to be highly competitive. But nevertheless, I agree, they were hot and they will be hot, always. I don't know about "Blog Software" though, but it should be less competitive than the first two.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vinniemorris
    Don't let having a good niche fool you though. There are sub-niches within each niche that are terrible for sales and others that rocket. For example, at the moment sub-niches within the niche of health that are really selling are fat loss and muscle building...whereas for some reason homeopathy and sexual health products are down. So you really need to look further than just a niche on its own.

    Sam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Epic Stephen
    also i might add that anything related to technology works too from mobiles to computer softwares etc...
    Signature
    NetHustler.com - Learn Online Marketing For FREE from a Real Internet Hustler.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I respectfully disagree, but hey - we gotta do what works for ourselves right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RodriguezC
    The 3 Mega Niches

    1. Health- How to have improved health (Healthy) or how to look better (Sexy)
    2. Relationships – family and dating and personal interaction which give us a greater well being (To be Wise or to be happy)
    3. Money – People want to have financial freedom , make money and experience business success (Wealthy)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by RodriguezC View Post

      The 3 Mega Niches

      1. Health- How to have improved health (Healthy) or how to look better (Sexy)
      2. Relationships – family and dating and personal interaction which give us a greater well being (To be Wise or to be happy)
      3. Money – People want to have financial freedom , make money and experience business success (Wealthy)
      I read in the WSJ a huge article on that as we get older and the baby boomers have better medical, they will live longer. So the "health and wellness" industry is going to boom and take off BIG TIME, if it has not already.

      Baby boomers that are sick or who want to get fit and healthy, and have lots of money to spend reaching their goals = LUCRATIVE $$$$

      That is just the start of it I am sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theemperor
    Everyone seems to use the word "niche" to mean a different thing!

    Isn't "Health" a marketplace, and "Weight Loss" a niche? and "Weigh loss for 30 year old men" a sub-niche?

    I'm basing this on a market samurai video I watched so I may be wrong!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Sniper
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Profit Sniper View Post

      The gurus can get wrong at times, right?
      Hey you dont make to guru status getting things right time and time again.

      You learn by making mistakes and teaching yourself what NOT to do. LOL.

      Do more of the things that works and brings you sales, and less of what doesnt. Simple 101 stuff. But i know this works like a gem especially when it comes to things such as traffic.

      What works for one person doesnt always work for other people. That is for sure!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432827].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Job Franco
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432924].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author celente
          Originally Posted by usa150 View Post

          that's right, every one makes mistkes! :p
          I am no where near a guru. But I do make a living online...and a very good one.

          I dont know why anyone would want to suck up to a boss and live paycheck to paycheck when there is this stuff out there.

          My wife quit her job three weeks ago so we could live the internet biz lifestyle....and its going great. But I have to say all my so called ingenious ideas have come from this little forum. Its GREAT....aint it!!!????

          I do know 2 millionaires that hang out in here (I will not name and shame LOL). So it is worth logging in here everyday just to see who pops their head in.

          Find a hungry niche, findout exactly what they want, give it to them, and bend over backwards to help them out and the money will come flowing in. Work hard and, never let anyone tell you...u are a screw up, and this is all mumbo jumbo stuff that doesnt work.

          Think big, dream big, but work even harder and watch your dreams become a reality. I remember my idiot mother telling me this would never work. Now she keeps quiet about it..... I used that to my advantage...and get to screw off and muck around all day and then come back and check how many sales i get. Nothing beats that feeling.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432968].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author celente
          Originally Posted by usa150 View Post

          that's right, every one makes mistkes! :p

          oh and good lord, I made some doosies along the way....NO REALLY. If I told you the mistakes I have had along the way, and things I have tried, you would not be able to go to sleep for two days, due to the hysterical laughter you would break out into. (might be good for getting a sixpack though) LOL

          Yes i made mistakes, but how else are we gunna learn. I think the mistakes i have made only make me stronger and willing to accept I will make more of them. But then you get a big list of what to do, and what not to do. That alone i will never sell to anyone, as this is PRICELESS!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamjar919
    Another one to add to the list

    Video Gaming - Especially 12+ and 16+ like call of duty
    Signature

    Feel free to ask me any IM related questions or add me on skype :D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2432933].message }}

Trending Topics